New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Ponona Blvd

Some of the people begin to get up.

Woo rushes off, to make sure that nothing bad happened to any of the people... and CB claps.

Clink clink clink clink.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lefty's Cave==>]

Cessie should come through the portal again, this time dragging along a woman in stone shackles. "This is the culprit behind all this." She tells Sakura. "Call Remnant at once so they can put her on trial. I'm going to look through her lair to see if I can find some kind of cure." Totally not for loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lefty's]

Sakura's relieved to see Cessie's okay. "Okay, Cessie." After Cessie leaves, the dryad looks warily at their new captive. She sets about figuring out how to work the communicator, and soon enough she'll contact Remnant.

For convenience, I'll be controlling them when they arrive.
    [Lefty's]

The madwoman simply continues to be shackled and cackle. She doesn't even struggle.

Cessie will find what was described before, as well as a series of wands and potions. they aren't labelled, and they all look somewhat the same except for the runes carved into the wands and the colors of the different potions.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    When Slii says what the anti-magic machine would do, Taul tries to put a hand on Erin to stop her from activating it. He doesn't stop Slii from casting his spell, however, nor does Mitchal. What if interrupting the spell makes Horrible Bad Things happen?
    Erin, who had been a bit in Geek Mode working on the machine, is stopped by Taul, looking up and blinking in surprise.

Then listens to Slii doing his rat-man diseasey thing.

Then blinks some more as people start to get up.

"...well. That's a thing."

===

[A Park]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Angie leads Sharon to a small park. It is like a chunk of old forest plopped down in the city. There are several nice neat paths that go through it. Even during the brightest day it is slightly dark in the park. There are lights hidden throughout the park to keep the path well illuminated.
    Sharon smiles as she looks into the park, one arm in Angie's, the other holding her staff.
    "Wow. I didn't even know this was here!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

Angie leans rather heavily on her friend as they walk. She's been told walking is good for her, and so she tries to go on these walks.

"Yeah I was talking to someone who has lived in the city all their life. He said there are tons of parks all over the place, you can find all sorts of different kind of environments.

This one apparently has always been clean and safe, some claim that it is haunted though."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Lefty's]

The sorceress will attempt to discern what magical enchantments these items have, trying to find out if any of them could potentially turn her back to normal. This was getting uncomfortable really fast, if this didn't succeeded she had to go home and try the apples again which would be a great deal more awkward in a lot of ways.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Slii chatters, amused that his deception appears to have worked, "Yes-yes! The mighty sorceries of Clan NO have availed where your puny science could not! Up! Get up feeble man-things, you are cured. Immune to the terrors of the fever Slii has made you, yes-yes!" He casts his eyes about to the large crowd of people, somehow just realizing that they're more than just scenery now that they've begun to move. This many people all in one place... One eye twitches as his natural fear of such crowds begins to kick in, but he remains standing where he is instead of bolting for the entrance. He has to make sure all of them were fooled, or this could all devolve right back into where it began.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Splendours

"Myrim. What's yours?" As she speaks, her teeth become visible.

Here Be Dragons!

The Shout knocks the bronze dragon off-course, and his wing clips a house, causing him to crash into a fruit cart. The vendor, and most of the other people around, have already fled. One dragon means run for the hills. Three dragons means maybe it's safer in Riverside, vampires and all.

The red dragon, meanwhile, roars in rage at her boyfriend's crash (though he's already getting up, he's slightly stunned and therefore vulnerable) and charges with her head down and her horns pointed towards her foe's neck.

((Did you mean 'Fus Ro Dah'? I really enjoy Skyrim, and my Bosmer uses that Shout whenever a foe gets too close or if there's a handy cliff to blast them off.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lefty's]

The sorceress will attempt to discern what magical enchantments these items have, trying to find out if any of them could potentially turn her back to normal. This was getting uncomfortable really fast, if this didn't succeeded she had to go home and try the apples again which would be a great deal more awkward in a lot of ways.
    [Lefty's]

All of the wands contain various forms of transformative magic in them, but they all have predetermined shapes, and unless Cessie wants to be a wolf, it's not a good idea to use them.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Some of the people begin to get up.

Woo rushes off, to make sure that nothing bad happened to any of the people... and CB claps.

Clink clink clink clink.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Erin, who had been a bit in Geek Mode working on the machine, is stopped by Taul, looking up and blinking in surprise.

Then listens to Slii doing his rat-man diseasey thing.

Then blinks some more as people start to get up.

"...well. That's a thing."

===

[A Park]

Sharon smiles as she looks into the park, one arm in Angie's, the other holding her staff.
    "Wow. I didn't even know this was here!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii chatters, amused that his deception appears to have worked, "Yes-yes! The mighty sorceries of Clan NO have availed where your puny science could not! Up! Get up feeble man-things, you are cured. Immune to the terrors of the fever Slii has made you, yes-yes!" He casts his eyes about to the large crowd of people, somehow just realizing that they're more than just scenery now that they've begun to move. This many people all in one place... One eye twitches as his natural fear of such crowds begins to kick in, but he remains standing where he is instead of bolting for the entrance. He has to make sure all of them were fooled, or this could all devolve right back into where it began.

"I told you to get out,"
    Mitchal says to CB.

Taul says nothing, just watching.

Charity sits up. "Huh. I feel a lot better now."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1180

[Abandoned Skate Park]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I bet a phoenix is a beautiful creature. I would love to see one someday."

She stares into the eyes for a while, and then lets the bird fly up into the air to circle around a few times. She doesn't want to put this one down, but still wants to try the others.
    Sigil just watches for a time in silence, enjoying the scene of Astrid experimenting with the new toys. "I suspect a meeting with Theophilus could probably be arranged. She seemed happy enough to aid me in the creation of that artifact. If you do end up deciding that the soulstone is to your liking I believe she would probably enjoy knowing who you are."

Must be the name of the phoenix.

"Feel free to try out another. There's no rush."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

"They wouldn't let me leave. Turns out the quarantine zone extends to robots, too. I didn't speak to any patients."

More people get up, some helping others. Not everyone feels fully healed, but most are well enough to walk.

"In any case, it worked. I suspect an upward spiral will start, from here placebos and other things should be effective."

12. - Top - End - #1182

Dragons!
    ((Gah. Yes, I did. I thought it was something else but I was wrong >~< and Skyrim is amazing!))
    The Elder Dragon roared as the younger dragon came at him, tilting his head so that the horns scratched along the hard scales of his jaw, rather than the softer scales of his throat.
    The dragon flapped his wings quickly, launching himself into the air. The ground wasn't a good place for dragon-to-dragon combat, at least not for any combat that'll be in his favor.

And the armored figure comes closer, her blonde hair spilling from her helm as she strode forward.
    She would be quite close to the bronze dragon!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

Some hours after Gerri called Remnant, Erani shows up at her front door. A physical description might be appropriate now. Erani is a Sylvari, or a plant person to put it simply. Her skin is textured much like leaves and is not particularly smooth over all. It's a dark, grey-brown, save for some hints of green here and there. Her hair is made up very long, and fairly broad leaves that are bound into a ponytail near her scalp. Her eyes are a bright amber and are quite wide. Overall she's a slender woman of average height. She's wearing a simple long sleeve shirt and some close fitting pants. Casual, but nice looking.

She sighs when she reaches the door. This is it. Without further hesitation she knocks.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's House

After a minute, a young human woman comes to the door. She looks a bit young for a sixteen year old, but not too young. Blonde hair, slightly wavy, and she's wearing a green long sleeved and normal jeans. "Hello? Can I help you?"

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Sigil just watches for a time in silence, enjoying the scene of Astrid experimenting with the new toys. "I suspect a meeting with Theophilus could probably be arranged. She seemed happy enough to aid me in the creation of that artifact. If you do end up deciding that the soulstone is to your liking I believe she would probably enjoy knowing who you are."

Must be the name of the phoenix.

"Feel free to try out another. There's no rush."
    Astrid once again lets the fire disappear into nothing. She carefully sets down the orb and goes to pick up the brass charm with the brass chain. As much as she likes the orb she figures she should try the others as well.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

[Entering the City]

Calvin would say something to calm her down, but ever since walking back into the city he feels as if someone is following them. Which would be easy to do with Hui being a giant and all. Instead of saying anything he keeps it to himself, figuring that it is a bit of her nervousness rubbing off on him.

"See I told you it wasn't too bad. We could head to Trog's, I bet we could find someone there that could help you, or at least point you in the right direction to find your way home."
    Hui nods once, but doesn't look down at Calvin. Who's that? He a friend of yours?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #1187

[Abandoned Skate Park]

The brass charm feels... warm to the touch.

Not too much of a surprise considering that all of these trinkets are apparently fire related.

But aside from the warmth there really isn't-

No.

Wait.

That's... strange.

Where as the first two artifacts had felt very much other this little charm feels almost like an extension of Astrid. She should be able to feel a thrumming from it, in tune with her own heartbeat.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Entering the City]

"No it is the local tavern. Can be a pretty crazy sometimes but a good place to meet people."

Calvin says leading the way there.

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Astrid closes her eyes and takes sometime to just feel it thrumming. Then she will try and summon up her fire again to see what this one feels like.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-09-18 at 09:15 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1189

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Conjuring the flames turns out to be exactly like using her fire powers normally.

Just...

Easier.

Though at the same time?

Astrid should be able to feel every significant source of heat around her. From the sun warming the nearby metal hand rails to the explosions in the internal combustion engines of cars driving by. Flames all around. Flames all flickering in tune with her heartbeat.

Or...

Maybe her heartbeat is flicking in tune with theirs?

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

"Gerri? I'm Erani. We spoke on the phone earlier. It's... It's about your parents." The sylvari pauses. There's no good way to break this kind of news. "They were found dead in a hotel in Riverside."

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

[Ponona Blvd]

Erin nods, glad to see that things are going well...

...and now her eyes face from solid green to their normal blue.

And she collapses in a heap!

[A Park]

Angie leans rather heavily on her friend as they walk. She's been told walking is good for her, and so she tries to go on these walks.

"Yeah I was talking to someone who has lived in the city all their life. He said there are tons of parks all over the place, you can find all sorts of different kind of environments.

This one apparently has always been clean and safe, some claim that it is haunted though."
    Sharon provides as much support as Angie needs, looking a little concerned. Then giggles softly. "Well, it's haunted now. I'm here," she says with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aegis Vaults

True, ballistic shielding is indeed useless against the ever-present foe of gravity. Sturdy tripod legs, less so.

The first robot remains standing, a good balance and a lack of motion preventing the quake from having much of an effect.

The second is not so lucky. Already slightly off-center from reaching out to grab Gelley, the rocket-powered punch (Pow!) pushes the droid back onto it's rear-most leg and the sonic quake seals the deal, sending it toppling over to flail about helplessly on the floor, like a metallic beetle.

The automaton's shields snap up into place, but I doubt that will do much good. Divebomb is already past them and her last attack has dealt some serious damage, a large tear in the robot's absurdly thin 'neck' exposing it's inner wiring. The claw still holding her squeezes down as well, but whether the robot's bone-crunching strength will outmatch Gelley's own shielding is once again doubtful.

And now the first robot's shields finally drop, if only so it can counter-attack the good doctor. A cone of cyan light burst from it's single eye and if he's caught within it, Dr. Decibel might well find himself trapped in a bubble of the same ultra-tough shielding the robot used to defend itself from his attacks.

But wait! It seems Dr. Dec's attack had further reach than expected! Across the vault and a bulletproof screen away from the action, the poor unfortunate being manipulated by the ghostly bandit responsible for all this slips and tumbles, just before he could press a shiny red button that would surely have led to ruin for our heroes! "****!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Gerri's House]

"Gerri? I'm Erani. We spoke on the phone earlier. It's... It's about your parents." The sylvari pauses. There's no good way to break this kind of news. "They were found dead in a hotel in Riverside."
    Gerri is quiet for a minute. She opens her mouth to speak, but then closes it again. She does that two or three times. It's somewhat obvious she doesn't know how to respond to that. Erani wouldn't be here if it wasn't true. No point denying it. But... she can't really make herself accept it.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

Angie doesn't seem to concerned about it herself. Though in the past she has rarely shown much concern when it comes to her own health. Though maybe she just trusts her friend enough to lean on her for a bit of extra support.

"As long as you don't litter I'm sure the other ghosts won't mind the company."

Though they are being watched. A small pair of eyes hidden in the dark woods.

------------------------

[Abandoned Skate Park]

Astrid blinks a few times getting used to seeing all the flames around her. She turns her gaze to Sigil to see how hot the unipony is compared to other stuff around her.

"What's up with this one?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

[A Park]

"No need to worry about that. I leave places cleaner than when I found them," Sharon says, smiling, and unaware of their watcher.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-19 at 11:14 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Temple of Splendours

"Myrim. What's yours?" As she speaks, her teeth become visible.
    "Tina. This here's Shrike, if you didn't catch it before," Tina says, gesturing toward her friend. She detaches from the pool-wall and drifts freely in the syrup, smirking at Myrim. "So you're here for the modelling bit too, then?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

Erani stands there awkwardly for a moment. She doesn't really have much experience in situations like this thankfully, but it doesn't help her now. She steps forward to put her hand on Gerri's arm. "We're going to find the person that did this, Gerri. I can promise you that."

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's House

"Okay."

After a moment, Gerri asks the question that Erani did not want to hear.

"How did they die? What happened? Do you know?"

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Aegis Vaults

Disaster! Light is like... sonic's arch-nemesis! In that not really sort of way. Leave it up to a supervillain of masterful cunning to find a kink in our superfluously loud vibrating heroes defenses!

"Justice cannot be contained!" Doctor Decibel proclaims before wincing. "It's kinda loud in here..."

Not that it's going to stop Doctor Decibel from doing what needs to be done. In this case he thinks it's punching the forcefield until it fails! It does seem to have limits. These punches in particular are sonic punches, with tiny sonic bubbles on his knuckles in a manner akin to brass knuckles, but with tiny sonic bombs. Also kinda like the bomb punch Batman throws in Arkham Asylum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

"I don't know much yet. There'll be people looking into it during the investigation. The main thing we know is that someone deliberately tampered with their brains somehow." Erani replies.