New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Here Be Dragons

The red dragon leaps into the air in pursuit of her foe. She aims a blast of fire at the Skyrim Dragon's left wing, hoping to force him onto the ground again. Or at least slow his flight down.

The bronze dragon shakes his head and blasts a poorly-aimed bolt of lightning at the Skyrim Dragon. He doesn't notice the approaching woman.

((There's lots of banditry along the roads in my game. Perhaps I should stop shooting innocent travellers with my Bound Bow. If nobody's left alive, no bounty is gained and corpses can be looted. Unless they fell off a mountain.))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gerri's House

"Okay. That's... creepy."

Yes, it is...

"Okay... what do I do now? I... I guess I have some food, but... what do I do? Am I going to need to get a job, or... move to somewhere else, or... I don't know what to do."

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Slii stands scratching his arms irritably as his skin crawls from being the center of attention. He subconsciously begins inching towards the door bit by bit, but stops whenever he locks eyes with someone, flinching a bit at being caught in the act.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"They wouldn't let me leave. Turns out the quarantine zone extends to robots, too. I didn't speak to any patients."

More people get up, some helping others. Not everyone feels fully healed, but most are well enough to walk.

"In any case, it worked. I suspect an upward spiral will start, from here placebos and other things should be effective."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ponona Blvd]

Erin nods, glad to see that things are going well...

...and now her eyes face from solid green to their normal blue.

And she collapses in a heap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Ponona Blvd

Slii stands scratching his arms irritably as his skin crawls from being the center of attention. He subconsciously begins inching towards the door bit by bit, but stops whenever he locks eyes with someone, flinching a bit at being caught in the act.

Taul catches Erin as she falls. Damn the woman, she's going to ruin everything! If people think she's fallen ill of the mystery sickness, it'll spoil the entire effect of the placebo spell as well as make the next attempt less likely to succeed. He mutters a quick prayer and his hands send a jolt of energy through her - like getting an IV of espresso. "Stay on your feet and act like you feel fine as long as anyone can see you," he mutters in her ear.

*all actions attempted
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

For now Angie doesn't seem to notice their follower either.

"So Sharon, how is life at the Temple? Are you happy there?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Lefty's]

All of the wands contain various forms of transformative magic in them, but they all have predetermined shapes, and unless Cessie wants to be a wolf, it's not a good idea to use them.
    [Lefty's]

The mage sigh, no use grabbing them then. Remnant might need them as evidence. Instead she will return to the shop and go to look for Sakura. "I couldn't find anything, but don't worry. I can make some illusions and then we can get back to the keep where I can reverse this." She promises.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]
    Pass watches the conversation between Tina and Myrim, though she also looks around at the others with interest. Many of them are very aesthetically pleasing, though she's still baffled by the apparently-singing (she can't hear it of course) shark-man at the bottom of the pool.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

[Ponona Blvd]

Erin jolts awake!
    Blinking in surprise.
    Then nodding.
    "I'll try," she says, and it's possible (possible!) that Taul will find that more magical energy than he really should have used in that jolt has been siphoned away...

[A Park]

"It's quiet. Comforting sometimes. I...get lonely, though," Sharon admits, in a small voice, as she looks down and grips her staff a little tighter.

[Temple of Splendours]

Shrike chuckles and smirks back at Tina, giving Myrim a wave as she's introduced.
    "Pleased to meetcha," the exotic Exalt in the violin-string-and-postage-stamp bikini says with a grin.

Meanwhile, Kara, who was last seen slipping into the pool of syrup, giggles cheerfully.
    "This is surprisingly fun. And feels good! If sticky."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-19 at 07:55 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Splendours

"It's nice to meet you, Shrike. To tell the truth, I didn't connect the maple syrup to the ad for models that can swim. I'm reasonably certain I'm pretty, and I know I can swim, so I decided to ask what, if any, restrictions were present." As that's mimicking her player's inadvertent failure to connect the dots till it was pointed out by later comments. Myrim's smiling, with her lips closed so her teeth aren't as visible.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Splendours]
    Pass swims over to Kara, smiling very slightly.
    Are you enjoying the novelty of swimming in a high-viscosity liquid, Kara? I find it quite interesting.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

[Entering the City]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "No it is the local tavern. Can be a pretty crazy sometimes but a good place to meet people."

Calvin says leading the way there.
    Crazy how? Hui asks, following along.

She's beginning to gain some confidence, it's been about 10 minutes, and so far no one has said anything, thrown anything, or even scowled at her. You were right. She smiles at a passerby. Hello.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple of Splendoours]

"Heh. Well, I'd agree. And hey, swimming in syrup is the second-most fun thing you can do with it," Shrike declares with a grin.

Kara giggles, nodding to Pass. "Yeah. Even though I have to think hard not to start doing the liquid physics of it," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gerri's House]

"Well, there are support programs for these situations. They can be sure to find people to take you in until you turn eighteen, among other forms of support." Erani says. "And, well, for the investigation, someone will want to talk to you I imagine."

[Lefty's]

"Yeah, I'm sure you can." Sakura touches her strange fruit hair. She's really glad that Cessie's so good at magic or else this would be so much more troublesome than it already is.

And speaking of Remnant, two men, one an elf and the other a dwarf, armed and dressed in the Remnant uniform walk into the restaurant now. Following Sakura's earlier directions, they head to the back where all the excitement is.

"I take it this is our problem." The dwarf says, trying to prod the restrained Lefty with his boot. "Alright, you better give us a full account of what happened." His elvish companion examines their surroundings for the moment.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Abandoned Skate Park]

Astrid blinks a few times getting used to seeing all the flames around her. She turns her gaze to Sigil to see how hot the unipony is compared to other stuff around her.

"What's up with this one?"
    "That's an Orichalcum charm. A type of material that's enately reactive to fire magic," Sigil Stripe replies. As it happens, he's about as warm as any other mammal might be expected to be hovering around roughly 100 degrees. "It links the user to the flame around them in a very particular fashion, as I'm sure you have noticed already."

Well.

Yeah.

Kind of hard to miss.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Temple of Splendoours]

"Heh. Well, I'd agree. And hey, swimming in syrup is the second-most fun thing you can do with it," Shrike declares with a grin.

Kara giggles, nodding to Pass. "Yeah. Even though I have to think hard not to start doing the liquid physics of it," she admits.
    It has not often occurred to me to wonder on how the viscosity of a fluid affects a swimmer, but feeling it in action is another thing entirely.
    ((Fun fact: water rendered doubly viscous through use of thickeners is not noticeably harder to swim in because, while it's harder to push yourself through, it's also more substantial to push against. Not sure how viscous this syrup is compared to water, though, so that may not apply here.))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A Park]

"I can understand that. I even spend most of my time around a ton of other people. But still can't help but feel lonely.

I'm glad I have you at least to talk to."

------------------

[Abandoned Skate Park]

"It's like my heartbeat found the bass line of the world. I like that.

All right what do I have left. What is the flute like?"

She seems to be having a good time. This is much better then the times she practiced by herself.

---------------------

[Entering the City]

"Hello."

The random passersby responds with a nod.

"If you say the word quiet in there a bunch of tentacles pop out and grab people. And sometimes there are odd bar fights. Those are easy enough to avoid though. It's the best place to meet people though."

He smiles as he sees her start to become more confident.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Aegis Vaults

True, ballistic shielding is indeed useless against the ever-present foe of gravity. Sturdy tripod legs, less so.

The first robot remains standing, a good balance and a lack of motion preventing the quake from having much of an effect.

The second is not so lucky. Already slightly off-center from reaching out to grab Gelley, the rocket-powered punch (Pow!) pushes the droid back onto it's rear-most leg and the sonic quake seals the deal, sending it toppling over to flail about helplessly on the floor, like a metallic beetle.

The automaton's shields snap up into place, but I doubt that will do much good. Divebomb is already past them and her last attack has dealt some serious damage, a large tear in the robot's absurdly thin 'neck' exposing it's inner wiring. The claw still holding her squeezes down as well, but whether the robot's bone-crunching strength will outmatch Gelley's own shielding is once again doubtful.

And now the first robot's shields finally drop, if only so it can counter-attack the good doctor. A cone of cyan light burst from it's single eye and if he's caught within it, Dr. Decibel might well find himself trapped in a bubble of the same ultra-tough shielding the robot used to defend itself from his attacks.

But wait! It seems Dr. Dec's attack had further reach than expected! Across the vault and a bulletproof screen away from the action, the poor unfortunate being manipulated by the ghostly bandit responsible for all this slips and tumbles, just before he could press a shiny red button that would surely have led to ruin for our heroes! "****!"
    Gelley tries to tear the arm off of her wrist! Taking it a step further, she then proceeds to try and rip the robot's arm from it's socket! Take that! Her own shields hold, for now, being quite resistant to crushing damage. Have to be, when you ram into things like she does.

[Temple of Splendours]

"Restrictions? Whaddya mean?" Tina asks, trying to give Shrike a little elbow in the ribs. "And don't ask what the most fun thing is."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lefty's]

"Yeah, I'm sure you can." Sakura touches her strange fruit hair. She's really glad that Cessie's so good at magic or else this would be so much more troublesome than it already is.

And speaking of Remnant, two men, one an elf and the other a dwarf, armed and dressed in the Remnant uniform walk into the restaurant now. Following Sakura's earlier directions, they head to the back where all the excitement is.

"I take it this is our problem." The dwarf says, trying to prod the restrained Lefty with his boot. "Alright, you better give us a full account of what happened." His elvish companion examines their surroundings for the moment.
    [Lefty's]

As soon as the remnant soldiers enters the building the sorceress panics and attempts to hide behind the counter, no matter how silly that might be.
    She couldn't let anyone see her like this, it was just too much. Vas might learn from the soldiers! Even if she wasn't in the office at the moment! And then others could learn as well!

Sakura, you should explain what happened. <.<

The dryad will hear her now very embarrassed friends mental voice. That conversation can probably be handwaved considering we like to avoid self-RP. Just tell them I'm... sick or something. Yes, a brilliant excuse there Cessie.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-20 at 07:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"Uh, yeah." Sakura replies to the soldiers. She looks toward where her friend vanished.

"Alright, so what happened? And didn't yo say Cessie Mithar was here?"

"She's... not feeling good. I can tell you everything that happened, though." The dryad then goes on to do just that. When she mentions Cessie investigating behind the door and coming out with Lefty, the elf goes to investigate it for himself.

When Sakura's finished explaining what she knows, the dwarf says. "We'll need to talk to the naiad you mentioned too."

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Hollow Hill]

Should Meli and Young Star actually enter Hollow Hill, they'll find that it's rather dark inside, with just enough light to see to get from one table to a nearby one, and that all of the seats are set far enough away from the other groups to avoid eavesdropping; they may also notice the drow standing near one of the clusters of chairs near the door, hugging a tiefling.

"You're welcome. Though it's not really necessary to thank me; you're a nice person, from what I can tell, so why wouldn't I care?

And not really, no. There's one writer, but so far, that's it besides the two of us."
    [Hollow Hill]

As they enter the Hill's obscuring darkness, a soft noise sounds from Meli's mechanical eye. Pausing in befuddlement, the many-species-in-one adjusts to the uneven night-vision of an Elven eye and a cybernetic eye.

Once Meli has adjusted, the part-Elf cheerfully approaches the Drow and Tiefling. Waving a small salute, the one-armed chimera writes a greeting with surprising skill for a humanoid with a bear paw for a hand.

"Hello and well met. Is this Hollow Hill? I am looking for work and thought the Theatre might have space for me."

Meli smiles politely at the two, inspecting their reactions to tell if they can read the message without light.
    If they can see Meli clearly, they will see what appears to be an elf with wings, a cybernetic eye, lion feet and a bear's paw. Though Meli moves skilfully, the missing arm and mismatched species hints that the Elf was not originally equipped with these.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Hollow Hill

When he sees how dark it is, Louis shuts his eyes and counts to thirty before he walks in, human eyes not nearly adept at dealing with darkness as his companion. His eyes properly adjusted, he walks to where Meli is. He squints to read Meli's message in the dark, but manages. "Right. I'm Louis. I'm just here for support, you can go ahead and ignore me."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1222

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Here Be Dragons

The red dragon leaps into the air in pursuit of her foe. She aims a blast of fire at the Skyrim Dragon's left wing, hoping to force him onto the ground again. Or at least slow his flight down.

The bronze dragon shakes his head and blasts a poorly-aimed bolt of lightning at the Skyrim Dragon. He doesn't notice the approaching woman.

((There's lots of banditry along the roads in my game. Perhaps I should stop shooting innocent travellers with my Bound Bow. If nobody's left alive, no bounty is gained and corpses can be looted. Unless they fell off a mountain.))
    Dragons!
    ((My character has her Bow and Stealth trees fully maxed. A bow stealth shot kills most things .-.))
    The Elder Dragon twirls, dodging the flames and lightning. He's lived so long that he's a menace in the air.
    The woman spins around and throws a bag covered in sticky glue and with a large rune embossed on it at the bronze dragon like a skilled hammer tosser.
    If it hits, she speaks softly.
    The rune will glow purple, and prevent the bronze dragon from using his wings. As it's sort of a rune version of the Dragonrend shout.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Splendours

"Where I'm from, the only people likely to set something like this up are the Elves. And they're a xenophobic race of megalomaniacs that claim to have the oldest culture, which is true as far as it goes. They're unlikely to invite anybody that isn't an elf, and even then not every elf would get an invite." Just City Elves, the richest Wood Elf nobles and Sea Elf ship captains. Wild Elves won't be invited. "I'm just going to assume the most fun thing is eating it. Although I'd rate that at second, after swimming."

Here Be Dragons

The red dragon tries another blast of flame, this time aiming to one side of her opponent, hoping he'll dodge out of the way. Her boyfriend, meanwhile, is hit by the bag but doesn't notice it and sends a last-minute bolt of electricity into the path the Elder Dragon should be dodging into, if he dodged.

((I haven't completed the game once yet- my first character was too thinly spread to be effective, my second was solely melee so I got bored and my third was solely magic, and I got bored again. Now, my Bosmer conjurer-archer is my favourite yet, and I doubt I'll quit again till after I have completed, or at least think I have.))

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lefty's]

"Uh, yeah." Sakura replies to the soldiers. She looks toward where her friend vanished.

"Alright, so what happened? And didn't yo say Cessie Mithar was here?"

"She's... not feeling good. I can tell you everything that happened, though." The dryad then goes on to do just that. When she mentions Cessie investigating behind the door and coming out with Lefty, the elf goes to investigate it for himself.

When Sakura's finished explaining what she knows, the dwarf says. "We'll need to talk to the naiad you mentioned too."
    [Lefty's]

By this point, the Naiad has dropped into a puddle in the corner, absoluting loving the face that she can have her body clean of the dishwater she'd be forced to use for so long, and that she doesn't need to be in human shape constantly. When the dwarf mentions her, her head will form out of the puddle, "Will talking to you about this get her executed?" 'her' obviously being Lefty.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #1225

Dragons!
    You gotta get up bright and early to get the drop on Elder Dragon
    He doesn't dodge, instead doing a dive bomb in which he pulled up at the last moment, extending his talons to stop in the middle of the road.
    He looked up in the air and released another burst of fire towards the Orc dragon.

The woman rushed towards the bronze dragon, throwing a chain emblazoned with glowing runes towards his muzzle. The chain should, thanks to the runes, wrap around the Dragon's muzzle and keep it shut, hopefully preventing it from both biting and breathing lightning.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lefty's]

"We'll be talking to determine her guilt and crimes." Is all the dwarf answers to that. To speed this scene along, the dwarf asks the naiad to accompany them back to the Remnant HQ where they will be talking with her at length. The elf only examines the cave. He'll leave the actual investigation to those more specialized. Soon enough they'll take Lefty and the naiad back to the HQ. They tell Saura that if they need to, they'll be in touch with her and Cessie.

Once they've left, Sakura heads over to the counter where Cessie is hiding. "Hey Cessie. They're gone now."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons

The bronze dragon's muzzle is clamped shut. He turns and glares, trying to jump up and fly off, but that fails. So instead, he lowers his head and charges. His mouth might be blocked, preventing his breath and bite, and he can't fly, but he still has quite a hefty amount of weight to put into the charge.

The red orc dragon (or possibly dragon-orc, as the dragon is her true form) is not affected by the flames, possessing incredibly heat-resistant scales. But the Elder Dragon is on the ground now, and she turns quickly and dives to join him. Her forelimbs and head are outstretched, ready to use her claws and teeth to rend her foe.

Oh, yeah, DnD type dragons have six limbs- four legs and two wings. Sorry; forgot to mention that. Or more accurately, forgot that Skyrim dragons only have four limbs, two legs and two wings. Plus the tail they both have.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Dragons!
    The woman doesn't seem fazed as the dragon charges at her.
    Being a dragon hunter, that typically happens a lot.
    Taking out another chain, she charges at the dragon herself!
    She sidesteps to the left as she nears the dragonthough, hopefully letting him fly right past her.
    She then throws the chain at the dragon's legs. This one has been tuned to wrap around a dragon's legs and preventing him from going anywhere. Typically used by her ancestors to get in an easy finishing blow.
    But today? She's not taking lives.
    Uh oh, this isn't looking good for the Elder Dragon!
    And so he shouts at the Orc-dragon!
    "Skruld Frull Null!"
    Roughly translated that means: Shape Change Form
    The Elder Dragon transforms!
    Into a...man in his 30s with a full on beard.
    Who's also dodging out of the way of the Orc-dragon! It's easier when you're smaller!
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Orc in the Playground

Here Be Dragons!

The bronze dragon's legs are wrapped, and without Shouting he reverses the transformation he made earlier, hoping that his binds won't effect him when he's in the shape of an elf. It's a young, male elf, wearing, currently, nothing but an embarrassed expression. Also, he's falling over, and if his legs/arms are still bound then he'll hit the ground face-first.

The orc, meanwhile, is trying to kill today. She's bloodthirsty like that. She turns to face the direction the man ran to, and releases a large burst of flame. Humans are far more flammable than dragons, and she's hoping that he's accidentally made himself vulnerable.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Dragons!
    The chains do indeed fall off. They're made for dragons, not humanoids.
    The woman removed a blanket from her bag of holding and tossed it towards the elf.
    "For the love of the Elders, cover yourself and get out of here." D=<
    The man is engulfed by fire!
    When the smoke is gone, the man is left. He's lost his beard though and has some burned skin.
    Ow.
    "Fus Ro Dah!" he shouted at the Orc-dragon!
    He needs some breathing room!
    Busy with Life