New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Realm Of The Mad God: I just spent a hour shooting Hobbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I dont get the guild thing. Invite system, right? I FEEL ALOOOOONE. Is there a gitp guild now? Can i join? Question?
    I don't know if anyone got around to making an in-game one, but I would suggest a twofold system by making a GitP RotMG (acronyms EVERYWHERE) Steam group. It makes it easy to arrange guild-wide play times, servers, getting invites to people who want to join, etc.

Thoughts on names, if others agree on the idea. I was thinking something simple like combining the two names in some form.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I dont get the guild thing. Invite system, right? I FEEL ALOOOOONE. Is there a gitp guild now? Can i join? Question?
    Well, I just also hit 700 fame. So the race is on to see who can hit 1000. Now if only I could stop dying...

Name:
    Giants of the Realm?
    Playground of the Mad God?

Also. I do not have steam.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Well, I just also hit 700 fame. So the race is on to see who can hit 1000. Now if only I could stop dying...

Name:
    Giants of the Realm?
    Playground of the Mad God?

Also. I do not have steam.
    That can be solved with a simple travel to here. Steam can be completely browser based, I was just suggesting it for it's convenient group/who's online feature stuffs, as well as it's events/announcements feature.

I vote for Playground of the Mad God, personally.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    That can be solved with a simple travel to here. Steam can be completely browser based, I was just suggesting it for it's convenient group/who's online feature stuffs, as well as it's events/announcements feature.

I vote for Playground of the Mad God, personally.
    System Requirements
    Windows XP, Vista, or 7
    512 MB RAM
    1 Ghz or faster processor
    I don't have windows. That's my goal for this year, find a good laptop that runs windows so I can game on it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

5. - Top - End - #65

I don't have windows. That's my goal for this year, find a good laptop that runs windows so I can game on it.
    What do you run on? As Steam works for both Windows and Mac now. Linux? Also I was just suggesting it was possible to run steam in a browser and do group functions strictly through that.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    What do you run on? As Steam works for both Windows and Mac now. Linux? Also I was just suggesting it was possible to run steam in a browser and do group functions strictly through that.
    Linux indeed

Its nice besides the fact that most things aren't made for it. But if Steam runs on a browser, that'd be fine. Also, I just got my first potion from one of the gods! Speed potion. I'll save it for later, I'm thinking of being the group's sorcerer, cleric, or Mystic. We'll see.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

I'm Xondoure in RotG, could be fun to play with you guys sometime.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I'm Xondoure in RotG, could be fun to play with you guys sometime.
    I have a feeling It'd be nice to play with people consistantly, so we share the loot based on class. Rather than who grabs it first
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Is is me or is knight just a pathetic speed bump on they way to paladin and trickster? Archer is pretty bad too, for me at least.

I guess I'll 20 the mystic-sorcerer-trickster trio before I solidify any opinions on them, but I'm not very impressed yet. My personal favourites seem to be necromancer, huntress, and priest so far.

Loot sharing is always better than gank-o-loot systems.
    Last edited by Telok; 2012-09-16 at 05:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Is is me or is knight just a pathetic speed bump on they way to paladin and trickster? Archer is pretty bad too, for me at least.

I guess I'll 20 the mystic-sorcerer-trickster trio before I solidify any opinions on them, but I'm not very impressed yet. My personal favourites seem to be necromancer, huntress, and priest so far.

Loot sharing is always better than gank-o-loot systems.
    Archer is actually pretty solid. I don't know about Knight, but the melee classes can be pretty good because they have a TON more hp and armor and can fight bosses for longer and are closer to the loot drops. They also have good damage.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

11. - Top - End - #71

Yea I feel your pain. The knight can be an excellent boss killer with their ability to stun enemies and their potential to have the highest defense in game. Unfortunately, without farming status potions to get that high defense, they're fairly useless since they won't be able to get close to bosses without it, and their close range fighting style makes them difficult to use while fighting everyday monsters, especially once you get to the God lands.

As for archers... they're also good against certain bosses that move about (assuming you can actually use their special effectively) though the general belief is the knight is better.
    Mystics are good when you wish to save yourself/group from swarms of enemies, and can stun the minions of the boss monsters. Useful when fighting the Sphinx, the Cube God, or Oryx himself. Sorcerers aren't great, but their ability to land a guaranteed hit on many monsters at once increase their chances of getting loot in a crowd. Tricksters suck unequivocally but some do enjoy the challenge.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground

I personaly hope that Tricksters get some sort of overhaul. I mean, why not something like, say, temporarily causing your bullets to slow down as you keep shooting and then they speed up to unavoidable velocity at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

I keep dying at level 10 because I solo, the last time I partied, they took the loot

Its kinda frustrating that there isn't a loot share feature, and there isn't currency because that makes trade very hard.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    I personaly hope that Tricksters get some sort of overhaul. I mean, why not something like, say, temporarily causing your bullets to slow down as you keep shooting and then they speed up to unavoidable velocity at once?
    Oh I hope so, especially since latest thing they gave that class is even worse than what they already have.
    I keep dying at level 10 because I solo, the last time I partied, they took the loot

Its kinda frustrating that there isn't a loot share feature, and there isn't currency because that makes trade very hard.
    Well we do have soulbound items. Basically, if you get a higher quality drop that comes in purple, blue, and white bags, only you can see or pick up the loot. And I've found you get more drops if you work with a small group of people, so the game does encourage some teamwork. But unfortunately, this really only applies to the god land players.

There is a currency of shorts that's based on the status boosting pots but yea, once again that only helps out the ones who regularly fight in the godlands.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2012-09-17 at 09:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Oh I hope so, especially since latest thing they gave that class is even worse than what they already have.Well we do have soulbound items. Basically, if you get a higher quality drop that comes in purple, blue, and white bags, only you can see or pick up the loot. And I've found you get more drops if you work with a small group of people, so the game does encourage some teamwork. But unfortunately, this really only applies to the god land players.

There is a currency of shorts that's based on the status boosting pots but yea, once again that only helps out the ones who regularly fight in the godlands.
    Yeah, I can't get good enough equipment to go in the godlands because I get items for other classes, which I can't trade because there is no currency, which I can't get because I can't go in the godlands. The only way out of the loop is to get lucky on a drop. Even my soulbound loot has been dissapointing lately.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

16. - Top - End - #76

There is a way to get the items you'd need... for free even. But, it is somewhat risky.

If you play on the USMidWest server, and you enter a realm that's full, you'll find that there tends to be large groups of level 20 players in the god lands that quickly mow down anything in their path (unofficially they're called god land trains). If you stick around them, you'll eventually (within 5-30 minutes) be given items that'll make you strong enough for that area. Folks in that area also can't sell most of their drops so they just toss it or give it someone who needs it. The large group will act as human shields which should protect a player from the worst of the god lands.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2012-09-17 at 09:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Just hit 900 fame, getting close. I need to make sure nobody else set up the guild first however.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    There is a way to get the items you'd need... for free even. But, it is somewhat risky.

If you play on the USMidWest server, and you enter a realm that's full, you'll find that there tends to be large groups of level 20 players in the god lands that quickly mow down anything in their path (unofficially they're called god land trains). If you stick around them, you'll eventually (within 5-30 minutes) be given items that'll make you strong enough for that area. Folks in that area also can't sell most of their drops so they just toss it or give it someone who needs it. The large group will act as human shields which should protect a player from the worst of the god lands.
    I will confess: I did not know one could telaport until a week into playing it. Godland trains a great, even more so if a dungon drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi guys my ign is Catrap if your guild is to full or you need an invite I have a guild https://forums.wildshadow.com/node/86901

If you need help on how to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADVGO4oaIRY

And here's and advance strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHjMzK-fIs

And here's a price guide if you need to know trading cost https://t.co/4Ld7vrfL

I hope some of this helps:D

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I believe we never got that guild set up. I'll probably join your guild once I inevitably pick this game up again.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Can anyone direct me on how to leave a guild?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Can anyone direct me on how to leave a guild?
    Go to the "Make a Guild" podium and leave there.