New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero looks frightened for a second. He really does love Valaria and would hate to have her in trouble because of him.

Do you think it'll be alright?

Be back shortly.
    "I hope so. But we can't allow her to endanger the campsite either. If those magical experiments are dangerous, we need to put a stop to them."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate looks at the stuff, not quite sure what to make of it. She's obviously avoiding the bathing suits, but does not seem to think highly of any of the choices. Nngh... After much debating she finds the single most modest dress in the wardrobe and makes her way into the room. "I might be a bit."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah. I'm sorry to bother you about it but I've just been at a loss as to how to deal with any of it.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Kate looks at the stuff, not quite sure what to make of it. She's obviously avoiding the bathing suits, but does not seem to think highly of any of the choices. Nngh... After much debating she finds the single most modest dress in the wardrobe and makes her way into the room. "I might be a bit."
    Rowan Cabin

The most modest dress in the entire ensemble happens to be a few shades darker red than Kate's current hair colour, and instead of a slit it has a variable hemline that ends just below the knee on one side and all the way up high on a hip on the other. The quality that makes it modest is its distinct lack of a plunging neckline. It shows tantalizingly little cleavage because of a dark black mesh between the shoulder straps across the front.

Julie considers the choice, and holds up a hand to get Kate to wait, then scrunches up her forehead in concentration. Kate might feel a short burst of heat all across her skin, and when it passes she should be left with a perfect golden tan.

"That one looks best if you've got a darker complexion." She says simply.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate looks at her skin. Man, she never understood tans. Why would you-

Kate smiles at Julie. Why is she smiling? "Julie? Can I ask to level the playing field a bit?"

6. - Top - End - #306

Rowan Cabin

Kate looks at her skin. Man, she never understood tans. Why would you-

Kate smiles at Julie. Why is she smiling? "Julie? Can I ask to level the playing field a bit?"
    Rowan Cabin

"As long as you understand I'm already pooped here. If you want me to do something to myself, I'm going to need a powernap or something before I set you to rights." She's just bordering on an overuse of her powers as it is, with a full restore of Kate back to who she should be, and this dressup may be an excuse to let her food digest so she'll have the necessary energy to do that at all.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

A small, rather savage-looking humanoid has just walked out of the undergrowth. He's wearing a fox-fur jerkin and a pair of trousers made from pinkish leather. Slung over his back are three stone-tipped spears and a shield made from woven twigs and covered in several layers of pike scales. Hanging from his waist is a short club studded with the teeth of various predators. He's about thirty centimetres high, and has pale skin with a slight greenish tint. He seems to be looking for somebody, or something.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Well, I don't see any reason why I can't do a bit with Pixie dust. My powered body is clean right now, it would be easy enough for me to make you fit my clothes. I could even renergize you a bit."

She says this with a straight face and Julie should know by now that Kate doesn't bluff.

9. - Top - End - #309

Rowan Cabin

Julie considers it, "If that's all you're doing then sure, I'll play. Not like I've never tried different body types to suit someone's preferences. No sneaky enchantments alright? I don't want to get into a prank war over this, because then Eric will probably get on my case about being mean-spirited and stuff."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I'm sorry to bother you about it but I've just been at a loss as to how to deal with any of it.
    "That's alright. It's what I'm here for. Now, take me to her, would you?" Sophie asks.

[Campsite]

Meanwhile, Sophie's cat Nicholas is wandering the campsite. No doubt wondering what sort of trouble he can get into.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Justin is fine, sweetie," he tells Jefferies. "And swimming has rarely come up in my life." he responds. "I've never needed to learn. It might come up more outside of the city."

"You're supposed to learn before you need it, son,"
    Brand says. "You could find yourself in a lot of trouble one day if you don't."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Ugh, no! That hadn't even occurred to me. I don't like pranks, and I wouldn't endanger a friendship for that." Kate holds the dress away from her body and shifts back to being her weird-blarged self. "Ready?"

13. - Top - End - #313

Rowan Cabin

"Go ahead. It's probably going to feel weird as all hell to me being changed by someone else, but I'll get over it." Julie braces herself from her place on the armchair, ready to have weirdness blarged all over her.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

Sure let the nomming commence!

Zero shrugs.

If you want to go somewhere else to eat that's fine with me.

Though there is a line of thought in Zero's head that suggests it would be best for him to stay in the campsite so that he is around to explain the lovely symbols that now decorate the walls. Regardless of what Valaria's intentions were, they still don't look very pleasant.
    [Maple Cabin]

Lovely symbols...

Yes. Let's roll with that. Lovely evil symbols! I mean, bloody lovely, evil wholesome, and necrotic hygenic symbols! Heh heh heh! That's not maniac cackling! That's a typo.

But clowning aside, those lovely symbols are a double-edged sword.

Mystical power they freely dispense! But demons can come of them too. Demons that Valaira can control. Yet if someone else were to summon one...

Breakfast now! Bloody runes later!

"Do you want waffles, Zero? Waffles and bacon and eggs and pancakes and omelettes and french toast and ham and sausage and milk and orange juice and coffee! There's a place that sells breakfast food not far from here. I could teleport there and order take-out! And we could eat our meal outside in the sun with the cool morning breeze and the dew on the grass! It'd be fun!"

Valaira is excited about picnics! After being cooped up inside for so long, she'd gone stir-crazy and now she's contracted a severe case of...

((Muppet Treasure Island (1996) scene ahead if you follow the link!))
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

A small cloud of pixie dust later, and Julie has the exact opposite clothing problems that Kate has. She suddenly has the body shape and skin tone of someone who neither gets out enough nor has a genetic disposition for any kind of notable body form; not the skinny nerd, and certainly not the fat nerd, but someone that is rather unnoticeable to the point that no one ever bothered to give them a stereotype.

In addition, her hair is now light brown. That's it, though. Kate didn't do anything beyond that, except for removing some of Julie's tiredness. She still shouldn't do any big psychic things, but she's less overall drained. Well, she did one more thing, but it's not only harmless but Kate's about to explain it anyway.

"There you go. I made it fragile, so that any dispel effect on you will make it break without trouble." Kate is now an inch or so short... that took a bit out of her.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"At least you aren't hungry anymore. I realize that you would probably like to just sit there until your stomach stops hating you, but if you want to talk I would like to, also."

Copi, not really having anywhere to sit, continues standing.
    [Main Cabin]

Kitty kind of wishes she'd sat down somewhere more comfortable, but there's no way she's moving now. "Yeah, sure. I don't mind." Maybe it'll keep her mind off it?
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-30 at 06:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

Rowan Cabin

A small cloud of pixie dust later, and Julie has the exact opposite clothing problems that Kate has. She suddenly has the body shape and skin tone of someone who neither gets out enough nor has a genetic disposition for any kind of notable body form; not the skinny nerd, and certainly not the fat nerd, but someone that is rather unnoticeable to the point that no one ever bothered to give them a stereotype.

In addition, her hair is now light brown. That's it, though. Kate didn't do anything beyond that, except for removing some of Julie's tiredness. She still shouldn't do any big psychic things, but she's less overall drained. Well, she did one more thing, but it's not only harmless but Kate's about to explain it anyway.

"There you go. I made it fragile, so that any dispel effect on you will make it break without trouble." Kate is now an inch or so short... that took a bit out of her.
    Rowan Cabin

Well that thankfully won't carry over to Kate's other form, although it won't go away while the powered form is in stasis either.

Julie smiles and snaps her fingers, her clothes switching for one of Kate's sensible sets of shirt and pants that she spent so much time sewing in a burst of harmless flame. She's chosen a light pink cotten shirt with a darker red stripe, and goes to inspect herself in the mirror.

"You'll probably have to be the one to dispell it in the end. I would have to change myself back to normal bit by bit instead of just undoing the effect. One of the ways psionics and magic aren't alike." The one thing that definitely still stands out on Julie's plain and average body is her unchanged eyes, bright and intense blue framed by the utterly normal skin and hair.

She turns to Kate and makes a shooing motion with one hand, "Well, go get changed then. We ought to make the most of this while we can." She seems completely nonplussed by her appearance, and is already posing a bit to see how the clothes fit her. If they fit her well, they'll fit Kate just fine once she's back to normal.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Right you are." Kate switches back, and blinks a bit. Weird, that time there was a kind of mental tick. She'll figure out later that it was the slight change to the normal mindset from a slight fairy one, but she isn't worrying about it right now. She goes into the bedroom to change, and will be out in a few minutes.

Main Cabin

"Who are you? I don't really know much about you, and I don't think that the first impression was reliable. What do you usually do?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-30 at 06:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Rowan Cabin

While Kate is gone and no doubt discovering her new curves in the flesh for the first time, Julie fishes her small, cherry red camera out of her purse and grabs one of those tiny tripods so she can steady it on the coffee table. She's an amateur photographer, but she has at least some of the gear for the hobby.

She's done almost in sync with when Kate comes out, and looks up from a dial she's adjusting to see how Kate looks in the dress.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Given that Julie designed the body, dress, and even the tan, it would be a wonder if she was anything less than drop-dead gorgeous. She doesn't have the body language, but everything else is amazing.

"How you are ever comfortable with this many curves is beyond me. No offense, really, but do you need to use an extra pillow?"

Copi, in this timeline, has finished her walk and is returning to the cabin, unknowingly about to play a part in Murphy's law.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-30 at 07:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Moments before the ladies inside meet back in the main room, Eric has come home just outside. And run into a certain green haired mindclone. It takes a moment to realize who she is, but then says, "Oh! You must be Copi. Come on inside, I'll get you something to eat."

And then the door swings open as Kate steps out from the bedroom, and Eric can't help but stop and look between the pair. "...What's going on, Julie?" he asks Kate. Well done, you two.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-08-30 at 07:22 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Cabin

"You're supposed to learn before you need it, son,"
    Brand says. "You could find yourself in a lot of trouble one day if you don't."
    Main Cabin

That's a fairly good point, but Justin lived in an underground den of thieves for sixteen years, and in a city with limited water resources for another year and a half before coming to Nexus. Learning to swim would be almost impossible. Maybe he'll stop beating around the bush with his back story and tell Brand that, rather than unloading another pile of horse-"I always figured I would know what to do instinctively. You're born knowing how to walk, even if you can't actually do it. I figure it would work for swimming too."...crap.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #323

Rowan Cabin

"I've got a memory foam cover on my mattress that really helps." Julie admits just before Eric opens the door.

"Oh hey Eric. Julie wanted to model some of her clothes, and I'm taking the pictures. There was some back and forth with psionics and pixie dust in there too." Some people might forget how easily voice modulation comes to the Fiskes psionically, but when the opportunity strikes Julie never hesitates to use it.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Who are you? I don't really know much about you, and I don't think that the first impression was reliable. What do you usually do?"
    [Main Cabin]

"Um, I'm Kitty." These questions seem rather hard, actually. What does she do? "I dunno. I just live I guess. You know, just live one day to the next, enjoying it as best I can. I don't put a lot of thought into it."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

When the door opens, Kate freezes for a moment... just long enough for Julie to provide her very weird cover. Quick, ad lib!

"Yeah, we were going to undo it in a few minutes. I-oh, I still have your voice,"
    she says to' Kate'.

"I would like to hear the story behind this,"
    Copi says. She's not quite sure what to make of this situation.

"As soon as we finish the photo shoot," 'Julie' replies, sitting on the couch.

Kate's ability to do this with mostly a straight face is to be commended. You wouldn't think that she could bluff at all, but she's not slipping up... yet.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric smiles, "Alright," he says, moving over towards the couch, "you don't mind if Copi and I watch, right?"

Copi will receive a telepathic message from Eric, Let's see how long they can keep pretending. This is sure to get hilarious.

27. - Top - End - #327

Rowan Cabin

"No, you see the fun in it is to imply that I'm you and you're me without lying. Saying that you had my voice, when I actually had yours, was a direct lie. Nice try for your first time, but I should have explained the rules of the game first." Not that she had any time to with Eric showing up impromptu like that. Speaking of which, she gives him a light telekinetic whap on the shoulder.

"No, you can't watch. You should know well by now how hard social situations are for Kate. I'm documenting this because I did a darn good job with it, so you'll go check on the children or something for the five minutes it'll take so that Kate isn't a bundle of nerves, or your not getting any of the cake I made." Geeze, who could of guessed that a succubus could be such a harsh taskmistress.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate visibly relaxes, like she deflates a bit. "I had to at least lampshade it or it would have ruined the effect anyway."

Copi looks between the two of them again. Wow, what went on here? "I'm not entirely sure how you kept a straight face, Kate. Anyway, I need to meet Eric properly so we will see you two in a bit."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric grins and throws his hands up in mock defeat, "Beaten by the almighty cake! Come on Copi; best do as the currently-not-luscious-one commands. Woe betide those who disobey!" he laughs, going into the kitchen. Now, to find that cake

30. - Top - End - #330

Rowan Cabin

"How dare you imply that my lusciousness is ever dimmed by how I look!" Julie cries out imperiously, shaking a plain, ordinary, completely average fist at Eric as he heads for the kitchen. Along with the partly gone coffee cake, there is a mocha chocolate cake with crushed almonds mixed into the icing currently on the cooling rack. Julie attempted both, but the second one was rather heavy for just talking with Kate, so she decided to save it for when Eric got home and she could whip up something for supper.

She turns back to the camera and snaps a test picture just to see if she has the focus right. Satisfied, she looks up at Kate, "Ready? I just need you to relax and maybe pose a bit so I can see all of you from a good angle." She has no idea how to give direction for photo taking. It's obvious she's never going to be a photographer professionally, but hopefully she'll come through this shoot with a few good pictures of her handiwork.