New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Willow Tree]

"Uh huh. This is my tree." Salix points at the grand willow. She peers at Elfbane, thinking something. "Why're you so small?" She's never seen someone so small before.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"I should probably sleep more often, too. As long as I rest enough, I don't really need to sleep, but I'm starting to wonder what kind of dream I would have."
    [Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

Eric nods, "While I was a starspawn, I didn't sleep unless I wanted to, but I can tell you this right now; It's good to dream. You may not need to, but sleep lets your mind work out problems it otherwise wouldn't have to contend with."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-01 at 05:42 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"I'm a brownie. A genuine Wild Brownie, too, the only one in the tribe. We're all this big. Well, no, I'm slightly taller than average. It's because my ancestors never had their knees bent for them by Spirit-cursed elves. Why are you so large? I've seen larger; I earnt my name slaying larger, but none quite as small as you whilst still being so large." He's never encountered children, save for brownie children and some faerie larvae, but I doubt the latter count.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Um, I'm the saame size as the other kids. Not Brinika, Lily, and Tito, though. They're shorter than me. And some of the other kids are taller than me too. But we're close to the same size." Salix explains. Maybe that will shed some light on her age.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

Why is every other race so unbelievably huge? Oh, right- makes 'em easier to hit. "Oh, I thought you were fully grown. What do you know of the people in the camp? Any elves?" Salix may not want to answer that question, given that Appleblossom's earnt name is Elfbane.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Kate, I'm so tired right now that I'm about to pass out where I lay. Either you can change me right now, or you can change me in my bedclothes, and you can probably guess that I sleep naked." Julie says with her eyes closed, one hand raised with fingers ready to snap.
    "Yeah, okay, I ju- wait, I need to change before I do that. I'll be right back, I'll change in the restroom."

Kate will rush to the restroom to change as quick as she can.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

Eric nods, "While I was a starspawn, I didn't sleep unless I wanted to, but I can tell you this right now; It's good to dream. You may not need to, but sleep lets your mind work out problems it otherwise wouldn't have to contend with."
    "Yes, I think I'll look into having a place to sleep tonight. Anyway... how have the twins been? Prism certainly seems to be intelligent, but how is Scylla coming along?"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin - Kitchen]

"Scylla is at least as intelligent as her sister, if not more so," Eric says, "She's already figured out how to learn just by using her powers. if she doesn't know something, she wills herself to know it. I caught her using 'Egregious' in a sentence just a couple days ago. Would be really weird, if she wasn't the sort of toddler that had access to every word she wanted to describe something with" He chuckles, "She's also a handful. A few days a go when I came home from work, she rocketed out of her room and latched onto my head with her tentacles. Let me tell you, she's got a surprising amount of muscle in those things."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Um..." Unfortunately, Salix has no idea what Elfbane implies. On the other hand, she also doesn't know specifically what an elf is. "I dunno if there's any."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"If you see any, could you let us know? We've found an old hollow log that we've camped around. It's eight hundred and sixty four paces East, then nine hundred and forty six paces North and you're there." That's not as far as it sounds; he's measuring his own footsteps for his pace.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Okay, I'll tell you." Salix agrees, a bit distractedly. She's trying to remember those directions. They're kind of hard.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-01 at 07:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    "Thank you. I must say, however, I was hoping to get some information on how I could begin to atone. I'm rather new to this whole process, so any information you would be able to give me would help."
    First, you need to go to the Main Cabin and fill out a membership form. Then you need to find one of the official Redeemers--I think there's a list of them somewhere--that you can talk to about what you did and why you want redemption. The next step is to work on using your powers for good. You know, trying to make up for your mistakes. Example: I genocided with an engineered virus, so I built a medical laboratory out of my own funds in order to work on cures and vaccines. Toby shrugs. I don't know what's the next step after that, though.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    First, you need to go to the Main Cabin and fill out a membership form. Then you need to find one of the official Redeemers--I think there's a list of them somewhere--that you can talk to about what you did and why you want redemption. The next step is to work on using your powers for good. You know, trying to make up for your mistakes. Example: I genocided with an engineered virus, so I built a medical laboratory out of my own funds in order to work on cures and vaccines. Toby shrugs. I don't know what's the next step after that, though.
    Lume thanks Toby for his advice, and proceeds to the Main Cabin, where he tries to find the membership forms.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

Maybe Salix could just ask the trees for where the brownie camp is? I don't know if she can talk to trees, though.

"OK then. Um, if you need anything, or... Or anything, you can visit any time you like." The brownie seems to think of something. "How big do you think you'll get when you are fully grown?"

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

It may be possible, though 'talking' with trees is nothing like trying to talk to another person.

"Um, I dunno. I never saw a grown up dryad before. I probably get bigger than I am now." That's the best guess she has.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"So, you could already be fully grown?" He's not used to being towered over by another fey! Except by fairy dragons, but they don't count as they're not humanoid.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I'm sorry, but what are we regrowing?"

She has all her legs and arms, she double checks her toes and fingers really quick just to make sure they are still there. And the restoration spell might very well work, though it would probably feel very strange having the wings grow back.
    "Your wings," Quinn says with a nod and a contining smile. "Seeing as they were apparently...forcibly amputated."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Oh... I guess I might be." Salix frowns a little. She has no idea. Clearly this means she'll have to investigate. "I can ask the adults and tell you if I am." She suggests.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"OK. Do you know of anything in the area that would interest us?" He smiles as he asks the question.

I'm running out of things for the brownie to say.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

[Also Infirmary, Another Time, But Same Place]

Copi will lead Kitty at a leisurely pace to the infirmary, where there presumably is someone who is good at analysis and figuring things out or can use magic to do that.
    Quinn might well be here in another splinter of time. Doing paperwork.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

Salix furrows her eyebrows in thought. "What kinda stuff are you interested in?" She can't think of anything in particular off the top of her head.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Excuse me, but this Kitsune has some sort of issue that caused her a great amount of hunger. The hunger has subsided, but she would like to identify and preferably fix the issue in question. Can you help us with that?"

Copi is some kind of artifical human with green hair and bright light eyes with a bit of a crazy look in them. She's wearing a pale green cross between a lab coat and a dress.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"Fruit, especially in season; ant, termite, bee and wasp nests; communities of pixies, sprites, faeries, sylphs, Wild Elves, Wood Elves, Feral Dwarfs, or Forest Goblins; lairs of Forest Dragons, Fairy Dragons, fire drakes, wood drakes, ice drakes, bears, bugbears, or similar large dangerous creature; ruins, ancient or otherwise; secret temples, active or otherwise; other religious sites; carnivorous trees, bushes, moss, grass, or vines and other dryad trees." Quite a list. And in Myrim's homeworld most are present in large numbers in any given wood. There's a reason the Forest Goblins choose to live in the tree tops.

Near as I can tell, the fruit and nests are moderately likely to be nearby. There's an ancient ruin, I think, on the island in the lake, and some long-abandoned cabins have been reclaimed by the forest if I recall Jamie's birthday correctly. There's also at least two tree houses- one Natalie built, and one discovered in poor condition at Jamie's birthday party during the cake hunt. And Koro was in the forest recently.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Uh, there's a beehive that way a little ways, and there's a bunch of big anthills around here. I think there's a big berry bush somewhere that way. I don't think there's any com- communties by here. There was this huuuge bear with wings that walked by here one time, though. I don't think there's any of those kinda plants or dryad trees, except my tree's baby at GLoG. And I don't know what a temple is." Salix points in the appropriate drections as she speaks and otherwise compliments her words with actions, especially to try and demonstrate the size of the bear, which she doesn't do justice.

[Infirmary 2.0]

"Yeah, that'd be great if you could tell me anything." Kitty, the aforementioned kitsune, says. She's a young woman with tanned skin. Her hair is an orange red and her eyes are a bright amber. Most noteable is her three fox tails poking out from behind her. She wears fitted shorts and a pink tank top that both hug her body rather closely.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"A temple is a place of worship, a holy site where religion is practised." But I don't think there's any in the immediate area. Yet.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

Salix shakes her head. "Never heard of one of those before." She still looks confused about the entire subject.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Your wings," Quinn says with a nod and a continuing smile. "Seeing as they were apparently...forcibly amputated."
    "I had wings?"

Well at least she doesn't remember the trauma of losing them. She tries to turn her head so she can feel the bumps of where her wings used to be but eventually gives up.

"And you can grow them back with your magic?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"Excuse me, but this Kitsune has some sort of issue that caused her a great amount of hunger. The hunger has subsided, but she would like to identify and preferably fix the issue in question. Can you help us with that?"

Copi is some kind of artifical human with green hair and bright light eyes with a bit of a crazy look in them. She's wearing a pale green cross between a lab coat and a dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Yeah, that'd be great if you could tell me anything." Kitty, the aforementioned kitsune, says. She's a young woman with tanned skin. Her hair is an orange red and her eyes are a bright amber. Most noteable is her three fox tails poking out from behind her. She wears fitted shorts and a pink tank top that both hug her body rather closely.
    "Certainly." Quinn smiles, standing and stepping over torwards where the acutal medical stuff is done. "Was it a hunger for your normal foods, or a craving for something you wouldn't normally desire? I'm Dr. Quinn, Medicine WomanQuinn - Quinn Druid, by the way," she introduces herself.

[Also Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "I had wings?"

Well at least she doesn't remember the trauma of losing them. She tries to turn her head so she can feel the bumps of where her wings used to be but eventually gives up.

"And you can grow them back with your magic?"
    Quinn nods. "You did, yes. And I can. Well, I can try. I can't guarantee it'll work, but I'm willing to try if you want."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #418
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Infirmary - Jamie]

Alysha shrugs a little. Mostly just helping who I can. I haven't really come across too many Heartless here. Or Nobodies. And I still run into people who freak out cause I'm a vampire. But, not everybody does. And like I said, I help who I can. Like Yuki over there. She points to where her new friend and Quinnn stand. I found her in the streets, and she was a mess. I got her cleaned up and healed what I could. When I found out she didn't remember hardly anything, I thought I'd bring her here to see if your mom could do anything.
    *coughThinkYouMissedThisBRcough*

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Also Infirmary]

Yuki bites her lip as she thinks about that. What if the wings hurt growing back, or if she hates having them. What if she is afraid of flying? Then she nods.

"Yes please. Maybe it will help me remember something."

She can't help but sound a bit tired of always being just a bit confused because of her memory loss.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Copi," she replies simply before sitting in a nearby chair. She's not the one that needs medical help.