New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"The line blurs when so many citizens are knights, wizards, or space men, or a bunch of other comic book stuff." said the laser-shooting, hacker, thief, slave liberator. "It's kinda scary, honestly."
    Missy laughs. "I grew up in this world. I'm used to it."

"We've grown accustomed to it," Brand says. "But I wouldn't want my family living in the city. It's much calmer out here."

When he sees Lume walk in, he approaches the newcomer. "Welcome to GLoG. Do you need help?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Under a Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "And you're rude."
    This causes Bill to frown even more! Oh well, it's not like he wanted Vadalia to like him anyways. Especially when she was so rude to offer them a tour for money!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy takes a step back in reaction to the touch. Though clearly surprised, the nurse aptly hides any expression of why. The Undead's skin is cold to the touch, feeling almost eerily like that of a frozen corpse. Vidalia might get the feeling that what animates the nurse is aiming for exactly that image.

"I am grateful for the offer, but there is no need. I would be delighted to hear of the League once I have seen more, however."

Lucy says, keeping the polite tone and smile. If the nurse is offended by Vidalia calling Bill mean, it does not show.
    Deciding to ignore Bill, Vidalia does frown slightly at Nurse Lucy taking a step back. *Sigh* Very well. I hope you find your stay pleasant. Vidalia shifts into an onion, and rolls away.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Infirmary

"Certainly." Quinn smiles, standing and stepping over torwards where the acutal medical stuff is done. "Was it a hunger for your normal foods, or a craving for something you wouldn't normally desire? I'm Dr. Quinn, Medicine WomanQuinn - Quinn Druid, by the way," she introduces herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Infirmary

"Copi," she replies simply before sitting in a nearby chair. She's not the one that needs medical help.
    [Infirmary]

Kitty walks over to stand next to Quinn. "I'm Kitty. It was just regular food I'm pretty sure. I just... felt like I had to eat. I wasn't really hungry, you know?" Quinn may not that the kitsune is moving very carefully and looks like she's in mild pain.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary - Jamie]

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha shrugs a little. Mostly just helping who I can. I haven't really come across too many Heartless here. Or Nobodies. And I still run into people who freak out cause I'm a vampire. But, not everybody does. And like I said, I help who I can. Like Yuki over there. She points to where her new friend and Quinn stand. I found her in the streets, and she was a mess. I got her cleaned up and healed what I could. When I found out she didn't remember hardly anything, I thought I'd bring her here to see if your mom could do anything.
    "I'm sure she can. And that's awesome." Jamie nods, biting her lip a little. "...I wish I could get out and help people more. I don't get to do too much..."

[Also Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Yuki bites her lip as she thinks about that. What if the wings hurt growing back, or if she hates having them. What if she is afraid of flying? Then she nods.

"Yes please. Maybe it will help me remember something."

She can't help but sound a bit tired of always being just a bit confused because of her memory loss.
    Quinn nods in return, smiling. "I might be able to help you mentally as well...oh, and you might wish to be anesthetized while I do this. Regrowth can be uncomfortable sometimes."

===

[ALSO Infirmary!]

"Copi," she replies simply before sitting in a nearby chair. She's not the one that needs medical help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Kitty walks over to stand next to Quinn. "I'm Kitty. It was just regular food I'm pretty sure. I just... felt like I had to eat. I wasn't really hungry, you know?" Quinn may not that the kitsune is moving very carefully and looks like she's in mild pain.
    "I think I do. Are you uncomfortable?" Quinn reaches out to steer Kitty in the direction of one of the medical beds. While channeling a Lay On Hands.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-03 at 06:01 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ALSO Infirmary!]

((Pretty sure you put your part of the post in the Quote.))

Yuki smiles and nods she sure is lucky to have been brought here. She makes a mental note to try to do something to thank them later.

"Thank you Quinn. Anything you can do will be very much appreciated."

She won't say no to being anesthetized, but if she is being put to sleep she may seem a bit nervous. If Quinn is just using local anestics it should be fine.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary - With Kitty]

Kitty allows herself to be directed to a ed, which she sits down on the edge of. The lay on hands accomplishes little save for soothing the pain of her cramped up stomach. It doesn't stop her from feeling so full she could burst, though. "I'm just really full. It hurts."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"Really? That's unusual. Normally you can't walk five steps through a forest without tripping over a shrine to some Spirit, or Elemental, or Moon knows what else." Given the size of the brownie's steps, that's quite an achievement.

Although the world these brownies is from is unusual in that it doesn't have any true gods; there's Spirits of varying power, from the Spirit of the Moon, capable of granting a blessing to anything she wants, to the Spirit of a Glade, capable of... Not much, actually. Enhancing the size of the thorns, fruit, or leaves on a bramble bush, things of that nature. There's also Elementals, relics of when the world was formed, which are limited by which element or two they represent, their size and their form. Plus angels, worshipped only by the City Elves and some Wood Elf converts; they're more extraplanar humanoids with exceptionally long lives and a natural talent for magic, especially divination.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Really? That's a lot. Do they grow or something?" Salix questions. This part of the forest much be more mundane than where the brownies are from alright. Though it's possible Salix is forgetting something she's seen a long time ago.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-03 at 05:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn, noticing the nervousness, decides to go for local anesthetics. And once everything is ready, she'll rest her hands on Yuki's back, and start casting Restoration on her paitent.

====

[Also Infirmary]

"...well, then, I suppose a stomach-pump will be necessary. Unfortunatly I don't know of any Quick Digestion spells," Quinn says apologetically.

Plus the...*ahem* end results of that could be messy.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

"Um, no. Apart from sacred trees, anyway. People come along, build a Temple, annoy somebody else who demolishes that temple and build a new one, to whomever and whatever they worship until the first group of people have recovered from the blow or somebody else moves in and starts the process again." The brownie nods.

Sapient beings have existed on the homeworld of these brownies and Myrim for... A very long time. The First Races appeared in the Third Age, and the Fifth Races (unless you believe the elves, which are wrong) are appearing now, marking the Sixth Age (unless you believe the elves, which are wrong), with about two thousand years (roughly) between the various Ages since the end of the Age of Beasts, when non-intelligent life appeared. Before that was the Age of Creation. Both of those Ages are prehistoric; besides Elementals and Spirits, there was nobody to write anything and those two groups are pretty much immortal anyway and had no reason to invent writing.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki closes her eyes as she lays on her stomach. The wings grow back slowly, and Quinn might have to put some extra effort to bring them back. Once they are fully grown back they could easily stretch over 6 feet and are covered with soft pure white feathers.

Yuki giggles slightly as they tickle the back of her legs. Her eyes still closed. Seems that she doesn't feel the wings.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Infirmary - Any or all continuities]

Toby walks in, pipe in one hand and pill bottle in the other. Quinn, are you trying to practice medicine without an actual doctor present again?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn will cast the resquite number of regeneration spells requred!

....and roll her eyes at her husband good-naturedly.
    "I'm sure if I'm doing it wrong Nurse Piper will be along to scold me at any moment, dear," she says as she steps back from the medical bed, looking somewhat exhausted, and leans against Toby's side. "...there you go, dear - how do they feel?"
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-03 at 07:14 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Oh! They're like cabin. Like at the camp." So they're things that people made. This makes more sense to Salix, even if the purpose of making them is still lost on her.

[Infirmary - With Kitty] Sticking with least potentially confusing location tag.

Kitty blinks a few times. "Stomach pump?" Whatever that is, it doesn't sound pleasant. "Can't I just wait for it to digest normally or something?"

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"Yes! But rather than house people, like a tent or a yurt, they are built to house Spirits, like your tree houses you." Of course, dryads from the brownie's homeworld are different to the type of dryad of which Salix is a part.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki sits up in the medical bed, wings flaring out behind her so she doesn't sit on them. She turns her head to look at them and her eyes go wide in awe. She instinctively wraps them around her, they are easily large enough to cover her completely. After staying hidden in the wings for a minute or so her head pokes out of her wings.

The smile on her face is so bright and genuine she looks so childlike, clearly in love with her wings. They seem to complete her and she almost seems to be glowing.

"They are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Thank you so much."

Even though her expression and attitude seem childlike she has an inhuman beauty of a much older woman. Though some might notice a strangeness in her face, though they might have a hard time pinning down what it is. Her face looks more like something created, like a sculpture or painting, rather then a real persons face.

Though her luxurious red hair, and her luxurious feathered wings might distract some from noticing anything strange at all.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #437

[Infirmary]

Wouldn't trust her medical judgment, either. He dry swallows a handful of pills, then sticks the bottle and pipe in his pocket. He focuses on Yuki's face right away. What is this, an angel?

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Ohhhhh. I get it." The little dryad thinks for a moment. "So I'm like a spirit then?"

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn smiles at Yuki, sliding her arm around Toby's waist.
    "I think so, yes," she answers her husband, before nodding to Yuki. "You're welcome, dear. It's the least I could do."

===

[Also Infirmary]

"You could, but you'll be uncomfortable for longer," Quinn explains apologetically. "...of course, one could induce vomiting, but I doubt you'd want that either."

No, she doesnt' suggest leeches, either. That's Toby's thing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"An angel? I don't think so, or if I am I must be a rather useless one."

She says with a blush pulling back into her wings slightly her hair falling over her face, though it is clear that she is still grinning. Maybe a more thorough examination would show more about what she actually is, angel or otherwise. I don't know what kind of examination, blood-work, or scans of some sort, if they want to try anything like that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary - Jamie]

Alysha will give a smile and go to ruffle Jamie's hair a little. As long as you do what you can. That's what counts.

And then Alysha notices the wings out of the corner of her eye. She turns to look at her new friend, and gives a squeal of delight at the sight of the wings.

Wow! That's awesome! Look, Jamie! Yuki's got wings!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #442

[Infirmary]

Most angels are rather useless.
    Toby steps away from Quinn to examine Yuki's wings. Of course, you must be something, so if not an angel, then... what? Have you always had wings or are they a new growth?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Toby! Be polite!" Quinn scolds, resolving to put Toby on the couch for the nightan hour tonight. "And they had been previously forcibly removed," she says with a sigh, although Yuki's smile is infectious. "Are you having any return of your memory?" she asks Yuki.

Jamie, meanwhile, playfully swats at Alysha's hand with a giggle, then looks. "Wow. That's pretty cool!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary - With Kitty]

"Well... whatever you think is best I guess." Kitty says reluctantly. She does want to get better, so she'd better listen to the person who seems to know what they're talking about.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki stretches out her wing so that Toby can examine it. Her feathers are thick and heavy, and the wings themselves seem to be very strong. If Toby wanted to it could easily support his weight.

She shakes her head at Quinn. "No, I still don't remember anything before waking up in the woods. But these wings... I think my body remembers them. I think I could fly if I wanted to, but I don't remember ever flying before."

But the sensation of falling seems to appear in her head when she thinks of flying.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #446

[Infirmary]

Alysha is still in awe about the wings.

Wow. They're so beautiful... The hyper vampire will go to touch one. Just to feel them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #447

"Yeah, okay, I ju- wait, I need to change before I do that. I'll be right back, I'll change in the restroom."

Kate will rush to the restroom to change as quick as she can.

"Yes, I think I'll look into having a place to sleep tonight. Anyway... how have the twins been? Prism certainly seems to be intelligent, but how is Scylla coming along?"
    Rowan Cabin - Bedroom

When Kate comes back changed into her normal clothes, she'll find Julie passed out naked on top of her sheets. Not the most elegant position she's ever been caught in, but the succubus doesn't seem to care what she looks like, sprawled out as she is. Probably because she doesn't look like herself anymore.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki stretches out her other wing to let Alysha touch it. She should find them to be pretty damn soft.

Yuki would be embarrassed by all the praise but she agrees, the wings are beautiful, she is just lucky enough to be attached to them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #449

[Infirmary]

Now I'm kinda jealous. It'd be awesome to have wings!

Alysha will turn her attention back to Quinn for a moment, a huge smile on her face. Her fangs show very well.

Thank you for doing this! I'll make it up to you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn pokes the deadtimed Tobias, then shakes her head at Alysha. "Don't worry - it's what I do," she declares.

Jamie, meanwhile, walks over to Yuki. "Hi. I'm Jamie - Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. What's your name?" she introduces herself, and asks.

[Also Infirmary]

Quinn considers things for a moment!
    "...you're not feeling the urge to eat now, right? Just that you overstuffed yourself?"
    She meanwhile does medical stuff ( ) to try and see if Kitty is dangerously cheesyoverstuffed.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-09-04 at 12:54 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew