New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[ALSO Infirmary!]

Yuki just nods and her smile comes back as her wings flutter a bit and settle down folded behind her back.

"I don't mind. I'm sure he has more important things to do."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Infirmary > Main Cabin]

Toby frowns; there was nothing interesting here. At least, nothing interesting enough to make it worth pissing everybody off by pushing the issue. How can they be so content as to accept a woman growing wings without wondering how or why? Boring! No, in a way, they are worse than boring. Just standing near them felt like he was being stifled. Tobias had learned to hate this feeling since he was very young. Without another word, he leaves the Infirmary and heads to the Main Cabin, looking for something to drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Infirmary]

Yuki would love to know where her wings came from, or really anything about herself. Before Quinn told her she could regrow the wings she didn't know she was missing them. As to where they came from this time Quinn made them grow back.

She watches Toby stalk off silently wondering if she did something to upset him. Maybe he didn't like Angels and that is why he had to leave. She wishes he had been able to stick around and help her figure out what she was, but she doesn't say anything. Everyone here has been so nice already she feels bad asking for anything.
    Alysha knows how and why the wings grew!

Magic! Duh!

And being a wielder of a Keyblade, Alysha's seen her fair share of magic.

She notices Toby leaving, but doesn't register his mood at all. So, she doesn't really think much of it. I mean, a guy can leave a room if he wants, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [ALSO Infirmary!]

Quinn frowns, excuses herself, and turns to go try and find broody!Toby.

Jamie frowns at her father as well as he leaves! Then looks back to Yuki. "Don't mind my dad. He gets that way. It's good to meet you too!" the redheaded Magical Girl says.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [ALSO Infirmary!]

Yuki just nods and her smile comes back as her wings flutter a bit and settle down folded behind her back.

"I don't mind. I'm sure he has more important things to do."
    Alysha's still giddy over her new friend having wings.

Man, I saw the marks on your back, but I didn't think they'd been wings! And such pretty wings.

Hey! When do you think you wanna try flying?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Okay, go ahead and do whatever you want." Kitty says. Before she gets cold feet about this whole thing.

[Willow Tree]

"Oh, okay." Salix says. Boy, this is a lot of information to take in. And apparently she's some kind of spirit fey thing. She's going to have to tell someone about all this.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Also Infirmary]

"How about right now?"

She is a bit nervous and very excited to fly. She hops off the hospital bed with a grin on her face.

Now I am assuming Quinn got Yuki into a hospital gown to prevent her only robe from being torn when her wings grew back. Hospital gowns have a tendancy to expose you if you walk at a brisk pace, let alone flying. Yuki doesn't seem to take this into consdieration, apparently not worried about it, or just not thinking about it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Side Room

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Side Room
    Lume follows Brand, and begins to tell his story. I was once a Raytoran. We were much like your race, or the humans, but we were larger than humans, and full of magic. Long before my birth, a great war began with the creatures known as the 10. Each time they were killed, they would be reborn more hideous, cruel, and intelligent, like a twisted, vile phoenix, but they could only do this 10 times. Shortly after I was born, however, one of the 10 was killed for the tenth time, and still regenerated. His name was T'Lorran, the most brilliantly evil of all the 10, and he figured out a way to strip body from soul, and bind those souls to his will. Soon, all of the Raytorans were converted in this way, including me." Lume then begins to describe all of the atrocities he committed as one of T'Lorran's elite police/soldiers, including various hideous tortures and murders. After some time, he stops. "I would not wish to burden you with more," he says, shaking his head, "but know that there is far more and worse. There is just one more thing I have done that you should know. In the wars against humans, some of our non-Illuminator troops were wounded. We were forced to heal them by tearing apart the souls of prisoners of war, and using them as bandage and balm." With that, Lume sinks down into a chair, apparently exhausted (the light coming from him is greatly dimmed).

Brand looks aghast. "Why? Why would you do such a thing?"

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin
    Justin actually gives that a laugh. "Aww man, they have those too? Flippin' magic," he says jokingly. "I'd honestly give magic a try if I could wrap my head around it. But why would anyone make apocalypse spells? Who does that?"

"There's a few different types. There are the ones who want to destroy everything just because they are sadistic and it gives them pleasure to bring pain to others. There are those who think they are doing the right thing, such as doing it to eliminate suffering or to destroy one world to save hundreds elsewhere, or fix the balance of the multiverse or whatever. There are those who meddle in things they think they can control, but can't. Then there are the beings who are so far beyond our capabilities that destroying us is like us kicking over an ant-hill. There are probably some other variations of apocalyptors, but the ones I've encountered have fallen into those molds."
    Missy explains.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Brinika beams.

"Thanks, Tito! And singing is really, really fun. Do you want to learn?" Brinika asks. Seems talking about singing has overcome her nervousness in face of an orc.

"I dunno. I has a lot to learn already. I has to learn to read and to write and to swim and to fight."
    Jefferies says. Plus her tusks would impede her pronunciation as much while singing as they do while she's talking.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Side Room
    Brand looks aghast. "Why? Why would you do such a thing?"
    Side Room
    Lume sighs. "As I said, I was bound to the foul will of T'Lorran. However, I was not so much controlled as twisted. I was still myself, simply a polluted, corrupt version, remade in T'Lorran's image. I only recently regained my true self when T'Lorran was slain by a young human hero. But living with the memories of what I have done, the memories of enjoying it... this is why I need to atone."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Aw. That's okay, though. You can always listen to other people sing. Do you like listening to music?" Brinika asks. Looks like orcs aren't so bad.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Cabin > Med Lab]

Well, that's enough standing around. Time to get down to work. Toby drinks another glass of water with a few more pills, then heads to the medical laboratory. He carelessly drops his mundane fedora on a table, then enters a locker room to strip down to his briefs. He spends a few minutes carefully checking a Chemturion positive pressure personnel suit for rips and tears, then puts it on. Special gloves and booties go on next and are secured to the wrists and ankles of the Chemturion suit with tape. Toby places a few extra strips of tape on his legs in case he accidentally punctures his suit and needs to seal it quickly. The fox-eyed Druid walks down a hall filled with ultraviolet lights and into a decontamination shower. Seven minutes later and he is all set to enter a Biosafety level 4 laboratory. But this is the Nexus and modern Earth standards don't take into account magical viruses and diseases. That's why the walls beyond the decontamination shower are covered with druidic runes that ensure nothing gets in or out of the lab that isn't supposed to. The magic wards soon clear him for access into the airlock that leads to Toby's Biosafety level 5 laboratory. When the inner door of the air lock opens, the lab's negative air pressure tugs at the blue suit. Tobias enters and grabs a long air hose to plug into his suit to pressurize it and provide him with breathable oxygen. He winces as the blowers inside the Chemturion suit kick in, circulating the air and making a great deal of noise. He had forgotten how loud they were. Tobias walks through the lab slowly, every movement carefully planned to make sure nothing punctures the suit. Because the suit is positively pressurized, any contaminated air trying to enter through a tear would be blown away, giving him time to seal it with the tape. Hopefully. He soon reaches the vault in the back of the lab, where Toby stores frozen samples of various hot agents. All he needs is one test tube containing a certain bioweapon. He carefully places it into a "hat box", a sealed cylindrical container for safely transporting hot agents in and out of the lab, and retraces his steps. Through the airlock, through the magic wards, through the decontamination shower, through the ultraviolet lights, until the blue Chemturion suit is completely sterile and he's taking it off and getting dressed in the locker room. Toby puts his plain fedora back on and walks out of the lab building carrying the container. He heads right for the nearest tree and disappears into it.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #489

Main Cabin

"There's a few different types. There are the ones who want to destroy everything just because they are sadistic and it gives them pleasure to bring pain to others. There are those who think they are doing the right thing, such as doing it to eliminate suffering or to destroy one world to save hundreds elsewhere, or fix the balance of the multiverse or whatever. There are those who meddle in things they think they can control, but can't. Then there are the beings who are so far beyond our capabilities that destroying us is like us kicking over an ant-hill. There are probably some other variations of apocalyptors, but the ones I've encountered have fallen into those molds."
    Missy explains.
    "I wasn't aware there was a whole catalog," Justin says, taken aback. "Do folks try that often?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Willow Tree

"Oh, and if there's anything we can help you with, we'll do so gladly. We'll also trade, but I don't know what we have that a dryad might want; I haven't actually met one before. But it is, certainly, an honour." The brownie bows deeply and turns to leave. He can still be stopped, however.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow Tree]

"Okay, thanks. Nice to meetcha too." Salix waves goodbye as the brownie departs.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Side Room

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Side Room
    Lume sighs. "As I said, I was bound to the foul will of T'Lorran. However, I was not so much controlled as twisted. I was still myself, simply a polluted, corrupt version, remade in T'Lorran's image. I only recently regained my true self when T'Lorran was slain by a young human hero. But living with the memories of what I have done, the memories of enjoying it... this is why I need to atone."
    "I... I don't even know how you begin to atone for something like that," Brand stammers, feeling quite out of his depth.

And his player just realizes there's no sign up form in the OP anymore. I guess it's not that important.

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Aw. That's okay, though. You can always listen to other people sing. Do you like listening to music?" Brinika asks. Looks like orcs aren't so bad.
    "Der is music in my video games," Jefferies says. "I yike teh fight music."

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "I wasn't aware there was a whole catalog," Justin says, taken aback. "Do folks try that often?"

"Sometimes, it seems we have an apocalypse every Tuesday. Sometimes, we have a long spell without any. We're in a dry spell now, thank the Prophet."
    Missy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #493

Side Room

"I... I don't even know how you begin to atone for something like that," Brand stammers, feeling quite out of his depth.
    Side Room
    "Nor do I," Lume says, sadly. "That's why I came here. I was told this was a place where all might learn how to atone for past deeds.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

14. - Top - End - #494

Main Cabin

"Sometimes, it seems we have an apocalypse every Tuesday. Sometimes, we have a long spell without any. We're in a dry spell now, thank the Prophet."
    Missy says.
    Note to self: Big donation to Remnant and Watchtower.

"Do they really count as apocalypses if they don't actually end the world?" Justin asks.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika's ears twitch. Fight music? Hmm.
    "Caretaker, come over here!" She calls, and the drone floats over. "Play that song we found yesterday," she tells him. The drone buzzes and plays.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-05 at 05:12 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn would indeed have arranged for a gown, but presumably GLoG's gowns are a bit more covering than your average hospital's.

Jamie does, however, find Yuki's robe and offer it to her!

[ALSO Infirmary]

...Quinn nods, and sets about performing a thorough medical exam on Kitty!

[Toby's Laboratory, where he plays Dexter (either one or both)]

...Quinn's also here, waiting for Toby with a concerned look on her face.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #497

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Under a Tree

Deciding to ignore Bill, Vidalia does frown slightly at Nurse Lucy taking a step back. *Sigh* Very well. I hope you find your stay pleasant. Vidalia shifts into an onion, and rolls away.
    Under a Tree
    "Well...that was rude and kinda creepy." >=I
    It was both indeed!
    "Wanna look around GLoG?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #498

[Infirmary]

Alysha is almost jumping from excitement now. At first, she forgets about the gown as well. Then she sees Jamie offer it.

Oh, right. Should probably get dressed, first.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edge of the camp

Keo comes out of the forest, and looks around. She's three feet tall, in a large brown cloak. The only things visible of her coming out of her cloak is two ears and a tail coming out the back. Her face is shaded, but a pair of perfectly round, blue glowing eyes can be seen out from under the hood.

20. - Top - End - #500

Edge of GLoG

Wandering through the forest a pair of peculiar figures push through the growth. The first is a tall man in a red military coat adorned with medals. His hair and moustache are both a light grey. At his side is a sturdy yet work looking fencing foil. What makes him peculiar you may ask? Well atop his head, sticking out from his hair are two long hare's ears, from underneath his moustache poke a pair of long buck teeth, and sticking out from the legs of his pants are two large furry hare feet.

His companion is a comparatively young woman. She's stocky in build and her hair is so bushy that it obscures most of her face from view, only splitting at her nose, revealing both her nose and mouth. Rather than a pair of normal hands and feet, each of her appendages is instead a large mole's digging paw. As the two begin to pass by Keo, the woman begins chatting it up with her comrade.

"Burr aye, We'm been walkin' fer o'er two day, Thel! Oi'm powerful toired, aint yee?" she asks in a hard to decipher dialect.

"Oh, this was hardly morning stroll my dear Mag. Why, back in my day in the bally ol' Long Patrol, the sarge would have us marching for good weeks before we got to take any decent tuck or rest!" The old Hare man says with a voice of nostalgia.

"Oi aint no bally bolly Long Ear Patrol, Thelonerous! Oi'm a gardner! Now, let us'm find a place to rest! And-" the mole-maid sniffs at the air, "Ye smell that, Thel?"

"Haven't smelled a thing such lunch, Mag. What's the matter. Got a scent in your snout?"

"May'mbe..." she says as she sniffs the air working her way toward Keo.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edge of GLoG

Keo smells a good bit like a cat, of course. She goes over and sniffs at the two animal people. "Hello,m! Hello,r!"

22. - Top - End - #502

Main Cabin

"Why hello there. You, dear are the first new person to talk to in ages! Which is a good thing. Conversation with Maggie here has been getting quite stale," the old hare greets.

Maggie gives him a sharp look from under her hair before turning back to Keo. "Hullo dear," she says right before sniffing the cat girl back. "Yup, Oi was roight! This littlun smells like wildcat."

"Well let's not be rude then Mag," the hare says. He straightens up from his paws to his ears before taking a deep bow. "Hello little one. I am Colonel Thelonius Greyfoot, and this is my cohort Maggie Soilheart," he gestures to himself and Maggie. "What is your name?"

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #503
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"I'm Keo,r!"

Sniff, sniff...

"What kind of person are you,r? I've never smelled a person like you,r."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary>>Grounds]

Yuki smiles widely, she thinks Alysha is probably just as excited as she is. With some adjustment for her regrown wings Yuki puts her robe back on. She is really going to need to get more clothes sooner or later. Ones that have more holes in the back, but these will do for now.

Once she is all set she heads outside looking up at the sky. Now that she is just about ready to take off she seems a bit nervous. It seems that the only thing she can remember is the sensation of falling.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #505

Main Cabin

The smell of hare, metal, and lots and lots of food, (particularly the blueberry scones he has stuffed in his pocket) in case your wondering. "I'm a Hare, my dear girl. Quite strange to have never seen a hare before. We're quite distinct." Thelonius says as he puffs his chest and proudly adjusts his ears.

"And oi be a moler dear," Maggie says, who smells like mole, dirt, ground vegetables, and compost.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Keo primarily smells like cat. There is a bit of a smell from he cloak, but she's had it for so long it's smell is almost completely covered by her own.

"There are a lot of kinds of people here,r! There are goblins and humans and elves and lots of other kinds of people,r! I smell new things all the time,r. I smelled a shiny smelling thing the other day,r! Then I ate it,r."

27. - Top - End - #507

[Grounds]

Yeah, safe bet that Alysha is as excited, if not more, as Yuki herself.

I'd offer some advice, but I've never flown before. Well, except that one time I went to Neverland, but that was with pixie dust, not wings, so it probably doesn't work the same way.

She does give a large reassuring smile at least.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #508

Edge of GLoG ((Why in Martin's name did I put Main Cabin! ))

"Eh... Shiny smelling? Mag, ol' girl, you've got a better nose than my worn out old schnoz, what does something shiny smell like?" Thelonius asks his companion.

"Round yee? Yon medal polish," the mole-maid says with a chuckle. "What did yon shiny smellin' look loik, lil Keo?" she asks the cat girl. She had no idea what shiny smelling meant either.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grounds]

Yuki takes a deep breath then turns and smiles at Alysha.

"Alright, here I go."

Yuki's wings stretch out and start to beat quickly lifting her off the ground. She is quite surprised how quickly she finds her self in the air. She manages to look around just in time to see that she was about to fly into a tree. She manages to dodge the tree and rise even higher into the sky.

Without any obstacles in her way she quickly starts to get the hang of it, banking left and right. Rising and falling. She even manages to do a loop over the lake. She starts to fly higher and higher looking straight up into the sky with a huge grin on her face.

And then something goes wrong. From the ground it looks like Yuki goes limp and her wings stop lock up and she starts to fall. Her wings slow her somewhat spinning her around in a tight spin, then they catch the air just right and flare out, and Yuki snaps out of it trying flap her wings to stop her descent.

Which she does just above the surface of the lake, her bare toes just barely touching the water. With a sigh of relief she flies back over to the shore near Alysha.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [ALSO Infirmary]

...Quinn nods, and sets about performing a thorough medical exam on Kitty!
    [Infirmary with Kitty]

Unfortunately, the thorough medical exam won't be enough to tell anything more than that Kitty ate way too much. Whatever's wrong with her, either Quinn doesn't have the resources to pick it up or it's not mundane.