New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Outside]

Toby takes off his fedora and hands it to Rein, not even charging it with memories first. Alright. Knock yourself out.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Alright thanks." Reinholdt says, taking the hat in hand and turning to head off without even donning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Side Room

Reinholdt mulls over Brand's offer momentarily. There seemed to be some misconceptions already.
    "... No. I think I'd rather you'd stay so that I might have a neutral opinion available." In case he's way wrong.

He looks at Lume. "I think you're confusing the prerequisites for needing redemption. I once ran with a powerful wizard who enjoyed manipulating and controlling people. I learned a lot about control back then, more than I wish I knew. But the cruelest form of control was always corruption. Putting someone so heavily under the influence that they had no real choice. But because it was enjoyable, because they kept memories, because they had a... sad reflection of their real selves, they all too often believed it was their fault."
    Reinholdt reaches for his vest pocket for a moment, before realizing he is and stopping himself, putting his hand back out on the table.

"No one, except irrational victims, could ever accuse someone whose soul has been ripped out of them and their mind warped, of being guilty of the crimes they committed in that state. And in this case, I think that applies to you." He pauses again.

"What that does not do is erase the memories and the feelings of the terrible things you had to do. Especially the guilt. All the platitudes in the world of not your fault doesn't matter. Not until you truly believe it yourself. And I think that will be the hardest part of your journey here. You don't need to atone, but you do need to come to terms with the guilt you feel for the things you did not do." That'll be... difficult for most people.

"At least, that's my opinion on the matter." Reinholdt clarifies. "The people here will be happy to help you work through the issue either way, of course."

Side Room
    "While I appreciate the logic in what you say, I also agree that it will be difficult for me to ever truly believe it. However, I do wish to use the power this form grants me to do some good." He pulls a jar of ectoplasm (which he got from Trog's) out of his chest. "Because of the connection between ectoplasm and souls," he explains, "I can use this to heal people as I did in the wars, but without sacrificing anything that was not already lost. There are other potential applications for Good, but they are rather... extreme, and might upset some people."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Edge of GLoG ((Why in Martin's name did I put Main Cabin! ))

"Eh... Shiny smelling? Mag, ol' girl, you've got a better nose than my worn out old schnoz, what does something shiny smell like?" Thelonius asks his companion.

"Round yee? Yon medal polish," the mole-maid says with a chuckle. "What did yon shiny smellin' look loik, lil Keo?" she asks the cat girl. She had no idea what shiny smelling meant either.

"It was pink and glowy,m! And noisy,m. Very noisy,m. It hurt my ears,m."
    She reaches up and pushes down on she ears. "But I was very still, and was able to eat it,m!"

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Brinika giggles at Tito's reaction, then Justin and Missy show up. She looks up at the two new big folk.

"Caretaker said it's from a movie. About a girl who went to the army so her dad didn't have to."
    "Caretaker said? Do you not watch a lot of movies?" Justin asks. Movies are good small talk fodder, but they're hard to talk about when so many people in Nexus are pre-light bulb.

"Why dun her daddy go to the army wif her?"
    Jefferies asks.

"Maybe she was a better soldier than him, Slugger," Missy says.

Side Room
    Spoiler
    Show

Reinholdt mulls over Brand's offer momentarily. There seemed to be some misconceptions already.
    "... No. I think I'd rather you'd stay so that I might have a neutral opinion available." In case he's way wrong.

He looks at Lume. "I think you're confusing the prerequisites for needing redemption. I once ran with a powerful wizard who enjoyed manipulating and controlling people. I learned a lot about control back then, more than I wish I knew. But the cruelest form of control was always corruption. Putting someone so heavily under the influence that they had no real choice. But because it was enjoyable, because they kept memories, because they had a... sad reflection of their real selves, they all too often believed it was their fault."
    Reinholdt reaches for his vest pocket for a moment, before realizing he is and stopping himself, putting his hand back out on the table.

"No one, except irrational victims, could ever accuse someone whose soul has been ripped out of them and their mind warped, of being guilty of the crimes they committed in that state. And in this case, I think that applies to you." He pauses again.

"What that does not do is erase the memories and the feelings of the terrible things you had to do. Especially the guilt. All the platitudes in the world of not your fault doesn't matter. Not until you truly believe it yourself. And I think that will be the hardest part of your journey here. You don't need to atone, but you do need to come to terms with the guilt you feel for the things you did not do." That'll be... difficult for most people.

"At least, that's my opinion on the matter." Reinholdt clarifies. "The people here will be happy to help you work through the issue either way, of course."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

Side Room
    "While I appreciate the logic in what you say, I also agree that it will be difficult for me to ever truly believe it. However, I do wish to use the power this form grants me to do some good." He pulls a jar of ectoplasm (which he got from Trog's) out of his chest. "Because of the connection between ectoplasm and souls," he explains, "I can use this to heal people as I did in the wars, but without sacrificing anything that was not already lost. There are other potential applications for Good, but they are rather... extreme, and might upset some people."

Brand is hesitant to respond. He's way out of his depth here. "I... I think Reinholdt is right. It sounds like it was a form of slavery that controlled your mind rather than your body. But if it is atonement you seek, then you should work to make the world a better place. Whether you use your magical powers as part of that or not is not as important as that you always show kindness to others."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika's ears twitch again. Jefferies might know goblins enough to recognize it as a sign of not being sure what to say. Two unknown grownups make her a little nervous.

"I watch movies on Caretaker's screen. But I haven't seen this one yet."

Then Caretaker speaks up. It's a metal round-shaped drone that hovers behind Brinika. However, it's covered in erratic dark grey and blue paintings and has two paper-mache goblin ears glued on.
    Explanation: The main heroine's father was old and crippled and she thought he should not go to war. She decided to go instead to save both her father and the family's honor.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #547

[Main Cabin]

Brinika's ears twitch again. Jefferies might know goblins enough to recognize it as a sign of not being sure what to say. Two unknown grownups make her a little nervous.

Then Caretaker speaks up. It's a metal round-shaped drone that hovers behind Brinika. However, it's covered in erratic dark grey and blue paintings and has two paper-mache goblin ears glued on.
    Explanation: The main heroine's father was old and crippled and she thought he should not go to war. She decided to go instead to save both her father and the family's honor.
    Main Cabin

Honor. Blech. Bad word. For a split-second Justin's distaste at the word is on his face, but he goes right back to a smile. "Protecting her father is pretty admirable. What sort of movies do you watch?" he says, sitting down cross-legged. The decrease in height difference might make her less nervous. "I always liked cartoons and cowboy movies as a kid."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"It was pink and glowy,m! And noisy,m. Very noisy,m. It hurt my ears,m."
    She reaches up and pushes down on she ears. "But I was very still, and was able to eat it,m!"
    Edge of Glog

Maggie isn't sure what to make of it. She looks over to Thelonius, who gives a shrug.

"Not what I personally call food, my dear, but sounds like you did a top hole job. Good on yah!"

"Hurr hurr, complerment fer a meal well scoffed! Just like yee Thel." Maggie laughed.

"Why of course, Mag. Full commendations Keo, but we have some needs to consider. Do tell, do you live around here? Is there a settlement near by?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-06 at 07:09 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #548
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edge of Glog

"This is GLoG,r! There are cabins that way, past the lake,r! It's full of nice people,r!"

She rushes away a little bit. "I can show you,r. And you,m!"

9. - Top - End - #549

Edge of GLoG

"Glog? Funny name fer a settlement, but any place wheres oi can rest me paws." Maggie says.

"Lead the way, deary. Sounds like a fine ol' place."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-06 at 07:52 PM.

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edge of GLoG

Keo will lead them around the lake, to the main area of GLoG. "That's the Main... tent,r. It's not really a tent,r. I don't know what it's called,r." No, Keo does not know that word 'building'.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Side Room
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Side Room

Brand is hesitant to respond. He's way out of his depth here. "I... I think Reinholdt is right. It sounds like it was a form of slavery that controlled your mind rather than your body. But if it is atonement you seek, then you should work to make the world a better place. Whether you use your magical powers as part of that or not is not as important as that you always show kindness to others."

Side Room

"Well I'm sure Quinn would appreciate a second pair of hands in the Infirmary. You could always try helping disaster victims at various times in Riverside or Inside as well. I... recommend running anything that could be considered extreme by someone on GLoG's Council (not Quinn or Shrike) first." Reinholdt suggests, unfamiliar with what extreme methods he means with the vague details.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary with Kitty]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Kitty frowns a little. "What do you think it's doing?" Supernatural effect? That could be so so many different things. Since there really is something wrong, the kitsune is really hoping Quinn will be able to figure it out.
    "I'll have to conduct further tests to find out," Quinn tells Kitty, giving her what she hopes is a reassuring smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #553

Spoiler
    Show
    Side Room

"Well I'm sure Quinn would appreciate a second pair of hands in the Infirmary. You could always try helping disaster victims at various times in Riverside or Inside as well. I... recommend running anything that could be considered extreme by someone on GLoG's Council (not Quinn or Shrike) first." Reinholdt suggests, unfamiliar with what extreme methods he means with the vague details.

Side Room
    "Well..." Lume says, hesitantly."I suppose there's no point keeping it from you. With the abilities I have, body and soul become interchangeable, one feeding off the other. Hence, pieces of soul can be used to heal the body. With this much ectoplasm, however, I could create a new body, and a brand new living soul to go with it.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-09-06 at 10:01 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary with Kitty]

"Okay, I'm fine with that." Kitty replies. "Just let me know what or when you want to do it or whatever."

15. - Top - End - #555

Edge of GLoG

Keo will lead them around the lake, to the main area of GLoG. "That's the Main... tent,r. It's not really a tent,r. I don't know what it's called,r." No, Keo does not know that word 'building'.
    Edge->Main Cabin

"Cabin, house, shack, hovel, hut," Thelonius offers to be helpful

"Oi don' think hut works in'is case, Thel."

"Well, no matter. Shall we enter. I'm in the mood for something eat. How about you, Keo?"

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Side Room
    "Well..." Lume says, hesitantly."I suppose there's no point keeping it from you. With the abilities I have, body and soul become interchangeable, one feeding off the other. Hence, pieces of soul can be used to heal the body. With this much ectoplasm, however, I could create a new body, and a brand new living soul to go with it.
    Side Room

"I would, uh, personally recommend using body to cure soul over the other way around." That's just his thoughts on the matter. "We have access to many ways that cure the body without the soul being the price."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #557

Side Room

"I would, uh, personally recommend using body to cure soul over the other way around." That's just his thoughts on the matter. "We have access to many ways that cure the body without the soul being the price."
    Side Room
    "That's what the ectoplasm is for. I can either heal several souls and bodies, or make a completely new being."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Spoiler
    Show
    [Main Cabin]

Main Cabin

Honor. Blech. Bad word. For a split-second Justin's distaste at the word is on his face, but he goes right back to a smile. "Protecting her father is pretty admirable. What sort of movies do you watch?" he says, sitting down cross-legged. The decrease in height difference might make her less nervous. "I always liked cartoons and cowboy movies as a kid."

"I yike games better dan movies,"
    Jefferies says.

"We play a lot of games at the Hellstomper house,"
    Missy says with a chuckle. She sits down as well, and Justin might catch her subtly adjusting her hidden sidearm as she does.

"I never saw movies before I came here," Tito says. I would assume by now he's seen a few on Caretaker's screen. "Plays are better though, because you can see everything closer."

Side Room

Spoiler
    Show

Side Room

Side Room
    Side Room

Side Room
    "That's what the ectoplasm is for. I can either heal several souls and bodies, or make a completely new being."

Brand shakes his head. "I don't understand the talk about ectoplasm and souls, but I understand parenting. What you're talking about, creating a new person, puts you in the role of a parent. Even doing it the way most folks do, with a spouse to share the load, you simply cannot understand how much responsibility it is to raise a child until you've taken it on. I don't think that's a thing you should do while you're still working through your issues of guilt and atonement."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Side Room

Reinholdt chooses to stay quiet for now. Might be quiet for a while even.

*poofs for work*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I like cartoons too!" Brinika says. "But I didn't know any before coming here either. I especially like those where they sing a lot. I've watched a cartoon about little people living in a cave. They reminded me of goblins." Justin and Missy sitting down do seem to put her at ease somewhat. People kind of tower over you when you're 65 centimeters all.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #561

Main Cabin

Justin can't quite place the cartoon, Brinika is talking about. Little bit vague. "I always liked funny cartoons the best. I've never seen a play though. As for games, do you mean board games or card games? I played card games non stop as a kid." What's this, a technology that his world doesn't have? Let's see how he reacts to this news.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"No,r. I just hunted a squirrel,r, so I'm not hungry."

Keo, of course, does not realize the implications of saying this kind of thing to people like these two.

23. - Top - End - #563

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't understand the talk about ectoplasm and souls, but I understand parenting. What you're talking about, creating a new person, puts you in the role of a parent. Even doing it the way most folks do, with a spouse to share the load, you simply cannot understand how much responsibility it is to raise a child until you've taken it on. I don't think that's a thing you should do while you're still working through your issues of guilt and atonement."

Side Room

"...You are right, of course," Lume says wearily. "I will go to the infirmary, to see what aid I may provide. Unless you have any specific suggestions?"
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-09-07 at 03:26 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Spoiler
    Show
    [Main Cabin]

"I like cartoons too!" Brinika says. "But I didn't know any before coming here either. I especially like those where they sing a lot. I've watched a cartoon about little people living in a cave. They reminded me of goblins." Justin and Missy sitting down do seem to put her at ease somewhat. People kind of tower over you when you're 65 centimeters all.
    Main Cabin

Justin can't quite place the cartoon, Brinika is talking about. Little bit vague. "I always liked funny cartoons the best. I've never seen a play though. As for games, do you mean board games or card games? I played card games non stop as a kid." What's this, a technology that his world doesn't have? Let's see how he reacts to this news.

"No, I mean cupooter games. Der is a big tv and it shows the bad guys and the good guys and the weapons and you has a controller and you go pow pow and dakka dakka dakka and sometimes you has to talk to teh En-Pee-Cees and do cut scenes but dose is teh boring parts."
    While Jefferies is describing computer games, she has gotten to her feet and mimed using the controller, so this explanation should be perfectly clear to Justin!

Side Room

Spoiler
    Show
    Side Room

Reinholdt chooses to stay quiet for now. Might be quiet for a while even.

*poofs for work*

Side Room

"...You are right, of course," Lume says wearily. "I will go to the infirmary, to see what aid I may provide. Unless you have any specific suggestions?"

"Maybe we should get you a place to stay first. And food. What sort of food do you eat?"
    Brand says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #565

"Maybe we should get you a place to stay first. And food. What sort of food do you eat?"
    Brand says.
    Lume sighs. "In this form, I do not eat. Well, technically I can eat souls, which grants unbelievable power, but only if the soul is truly willing. Hence, I never did it, even while corrupted; T'Lorran could rarely find a volunteer, and I was not one of those few Illuminators who gained this great power.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-09-07 at 03:51 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Side Room

"How do you live if you don't eat?"

The halfling cannot grasp this concept!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #567

Side Room
    "I'm made of light. How would I even digest food?"

Lume is rather surprised that the halfling latched on to "can't eat food" rather than "can eat souls".
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, I bet. It's sure to be interesting as the two of them grow up."

Copi then looks toward the door, using her psychic sense for a moment. "Hmm. One of them is in the bedroom, very still. Below usual head level... maybe asleep? The other is in the living room, sitting, I think."
    Eric blinks, "I thought they were both asleep." He stands up, and will peek into the living room to check
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan cabin

Kate looks up at Eric, as she was about to get her laptop out. She's in her half dragon form, having not changed back after fixing Julie. "Hi Eric."

"Sorry, I was referring to Julie and Kate. The children are asleep, as far as I can tell. Hello, Kate, are you done?"

"Yeah. Julie needs to rest a bit"

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Side Room >> Ash Cabin

Side Room
    "I'm made of light. How would I even digest food?"

Lume is rather surprised that the halfling latched on to "can't eat food" rather than "can eat souls".
    Soul-eating is exotic and rather beyond the plain-spoken halfling's experience. Food-eating, however... it's a major part of his life, both as a provider of food as the camp cook, and a consumer of food as a halfling with a healthy appetite. A being that doesn't eat just makes. no. sense.

"Let's get you a cabin anyway," Brand says. "Ash cabin is just down the path here." He shows Lume to the cabin, which is rustic, but well built, being one of the ones that Charity financed the construction of after the Shepherd Apocalypse. "There are four rooms in this cabin, but right now none of them are occupied. You may end up getting housemates later. If there's anything you need, I'm usually in the Main Cabin during the day, but I live in Poplar Cabin with my family." He'll point out the Infirmary on the way to the cabin.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs