New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #781
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Lakeshore

After a bit of wrestling, Jamie will be able to pull in the fish in! It's kind of funny looking, and it's well over a foot long. Jasmine will try to reach out and grab it after Jamie pulls it in.

"Now what do we do with it?"

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside

"My shapeshifting is natural, not magical at all. Maybe a bit extra-normal, but not full-fledged proper magic. It's DNA. Mostly, it's card tricks. Both sleight of hand and proper magic mimicking sleight of hand. Here, look." Natalie clicks her fingers and a flash of red light accompanies the appearance of a playing card. Specifically, a Queen of Spades depicting a female mole with some resemblance to Maggie. "There's more, but that's quite a simple conjuration. There's one spell in the book I haven't used yet, though. I think it's too dangerous if I get it wrong."
    DNA flies right over their heads, but the gist is understood.

Maggie is absolutely mystified by the card trick. And she believes it's the real deal as well, since that's not a card you normally just have at the ready. "Thas some trick then, Naturlie."

"Quite," Thel adds, equally as impressed. "What does this more dangerous trick do? Hard to think of something dangerous you could do with a deck of cards if it's all just imitation of sleight of hand."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"I hope so," Brinika says as Caretaker is petted. She can see that Keo is sad too for some reason, and there's only one way to make it better. "Do you want to hear another song?"
    Justin sees Keo curl up sadly. He smiles at Brinika's try to bring up her friends morale. "That sounds nice. C'mon Keo, let's listen."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #783
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Keo looks up. "Okay. What's the song?"

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    The Exorcist is bound by his church's oaths to destroy or assist any unholy creations off the planet. He taps the vial softly. The water inside is clear, but seems to give off light. See, you have a necrotic spirit that manifested in your mind, causing it to begin to resume control over you. At the moment, it's only showing mere signs of its existence, soon it will try to wrench control of you. The strongest minds resist the necroti, and don't end up as mindless undead. I've dealt with undead before, so I offer to you one last time, I can help you creature....or I can kill you....I don't particularly like killing anything...but if the necroti wins over your mind, you're not even alive then...you're meat.
    Outside Main Cabin

"Right... well the first thing I'll tell you is that whatever world you came from... the rules don't apply here. Things are very different. I know GLoG has plenty of undead (totally not me) around that are very much not struggling for their sanity. And if you try to kill them or force them to be cured, you're not going to last in the Nexus very long at all. Probably won't make it out of this camp."

Reinholdt pauses. "Anyways, that's the only warning I'm giving you. You did just threaten my life after all." Reinholdt turns pink and starts floating straight up, without changing positions, looking very much like a UFO as he does so. The Exorcist will have probably one chance to react before Rein floats out of reach and into the sky beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Yuki laughs which quickly turns into a yawn. Seems Yuki is getting pretty tired. But she quickly tries to hide it putting the smile back on her face.
    Alysha notices the yawn! Oh no!

Aw, you getting tired? Understandable. You've had quite a day. We could probably find you a bed here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"If it's not to much trouble. I am feeling a bit tired."

Between her long walk into town, and then the energy of regrowing wings and flying she is pretty beat.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Outside Main Cabin

"Right... well the first thing I'll tell you is that whatever world you came from... the rules don't apply here. Things are very different. I know GLoG has plenty of undead (totally not me) around that are very much not struggling for their sanity. And if you try to kill them or force them to be cured, you're not going to last in the Nexus very long at all. Probably won't make it out of this camp."

Reinholdt pauses. "Anyways, that's the only warning I'm giving you. You did just threaten my life after all." Reinholdt turns pink and starts floating straight up, without changing positions, looking very much like a UFO as he does so. The Exorcist will have probably one chance to react before Rein floats out of reach and into the sky beyond.
    The Exorcist shrugs off Reinholdt's subtle verbal abuse. He'd been taunted by demons before. I tried forcibly changing a vampire once....I took a Dancing FoxInn to the knee. I don't do that anymore, for it is rather panful to have an inn dropped on your head. I help people who need it....if an undead isn't doing open evil, I have no need to harm you. I don't harm people....just supernatural things. No not your life. I threatened your unlife...sooner or later you'll have to fight or be cured. You can't stay in control for long. I'll always be here for assistance. Remember, Father Callaway Krutch. He'll wave Reinholdt away with a gloved hand and a smile.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Main Cabin

Errr... Reinholdt wasn't being verbally abusive there. Or... at least I thought he wasn't.
    He was giving a real warning about how the Nexus worked though.

All the same, Reinholdt's gone now after Krutch's own speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lakeside - Picnic]

People clean the members' rooms for them while they're out? Posh!

Valaira wants to tell Sophie jack about the symbols! All Valaira is required to divulge is her name, rank, and serial number. But she has to tell Sophie everything. If she doesn't, she'll dig a deeper hole for herself and they'll make sense of the symbols without her.

Valaira swallows hard, sighs, and controls her breathing. In and out. Steady. Good.

"Okay... At the beginning, Zero was gone and I mistook him for dead. So...a series of bad events befell the people I held responsible for it. And then I tried to resurrect him...with..."

"The aid of lesser demons that I summoned. And I painted the symbols to magnify any spells they cast by projecting them into their realms. At a fair price. Which they paid in full. Market value. Souls for power..."

Valaira is ashamed that she accepted the souls of guilty as payment for services rendered. But she was devastated when he "died" and believed he would never be free from his earthly chains until she bid him farewell.

"I was gonna use those to bargain for Zero's soul when I hunted it down, but then he came back... And now I have a bunch of immortal souls that I shouldn't do anything with..."
    It takes all of Sophie's tolerance and understanding not to roll her eyes and sigh.

"And it didn't occur to you to ask some of the other members for help first? Your first resort was occult rituals?" She pauses. "Can you simply free those souls?"

[Main Cabin]

"I'm sure Caretaker and I can find something!" Brinika says with certainty. After a quick consultation with the drone, they pick a song. Brinika hums to the tune all the while.

[Lakeside]

A fish! Nicholas sits down and stares at the fish, forgetting about Oddball.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-16 at 12:50 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

The transparent woman finally finishes walking up the path to the main cabin, and hops inside, looking around. Are the little girl and the robot in charge? Or maybe you check in over by the infirmary now.
    "Hello? I..."
    The woman drifts over to the other people she sees. She might seem to be a ghost to them, but she's seeming fairly alive other than being half-there and see-through.
    "Do you have a moment? I'm here, as, a...a repentant evildoer, and where should I go? I didn't know much about the business of this place when I was by as a kid, but I'd hoped you might."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #791

GnomeWizardGuy

The Infirmary

A small(for a minotaur that is, about five and a half feet with only 3 inch horns), teenage minotaur dressed in leather armor with three spears strapped to his back walks in. He doesn't look injured in any way shape or form but he does look very confused. As if to add to the strangeness, a goat walks in behind him and lays at his feet like a dog.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Outside Main Cabin

Errr... Reinholdt wasn't being verbally abusive there. Or... at least I thought he wasn't.
    He was giving a real warning about how the Nexus worked though.

All the same, Reinholdt's gone now after Krutch's own speech.
    Father Krutch took it that way. He just lets the cat go. Next time he'd have to do something...he got the feeling Reinholdt was a dangerous ungodly creature. He'll knock on the main cabin door now.

13. - Top - End - #793

Main Cabin

Justin smiles and enjoys the song. The music is great, not his thing but he can tell good when he hears it, and Brinika's voice is pretty. When it's over he claps for the goblin and drone.

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Keo listens to the song, and then is surprised when a transparent woman begins to talk! She doesn't say anything, and instead sniffs at the odd woman. What is going on here?

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Brinika beams. "That's the cartoon I mentioned. It's about little people living in a rock. They sing a lot."

Reelshka, meanwhile, decides to deal with the transparent woman.
    "You've come to the right place, certainly. Have you been here before?" She asks. It should be noted that since she can see and recognize spirits now, she'll be able to tell if someone is a ghost or not.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #796

[Main Cabin]

The woman does seem to be alive.
    "Thank you."
    "I have, but it was for other reasons then."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #797
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

That trick was the real thing; the card will disappear in an hour or so. My characters tend to glow their text colour when they use magic, often with added images. Natalie's not been using magic long enough for her 'glow', or more accurately her soul, to have developed a proper shape yet.

"I take a cloak, or other piece of cloth of suitable size, chant the spell and then pull it away with a flourish. There should then be a tiger under the cloak which will obey my commands. Or it should do. Also, it might not work if anybody can see behind the cloak." If it doesn't obey her commands, Natalie's just released a magic tiger upon the local area that will obey nobody until the spell ends and it returns to whence it came.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Main Cabin]

The woman does seem to be alive.
    "Thank you."
    "I have, but it was for other reasons then."
    "Mhm." Mysterious. Reelshka isn't fond of mysteries, especially on her campsite. "Well, what's your name?" If she visited GLoG before, maybe someone remembers her.

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Brinika beams. "That's the cartoon I mentioned. It's about little people living in a rock. They sing a lot."

Reelshka, meanwhile, decides to deal with the transparent woman.
    "You've come to the right place, certainly. Have you been here before?" She asks. It should be noted that since she can see and recognize spirits now, she'll be able to tell if someone is a ghost or not.
    Main Cabin

"Sounds even better now that I've heard one of the songs." Justin spares a moment to look over at Keo and the spectral lady. Nothing that new for Justin. "You like music a lot, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside

That trick was the real thing; the card will disappear in an hour or so. My characters tend to glow their text colour when they use magic, often with added images. Natalie's not been using magic long enough for her 'glow', or more accurately her soul, to have developed a proper shape yet.

"I take a cloak, or other piece of cloth of suitable size, chant the spell and then pull it away with a flourish. There should then be a tiger under the cloak which will obey my commands. Or it should do. Also, it might not work if anybody can see behind the cloak." If it doesn't obey her commands, Natalie's just released a magic tiger upon the local area that will obey nobody until the spell ends and it returns to whence it came.
    Outside

"Tiger y'say? Fair bit more dangerous than fancy cards..." Thelonious mutters as he mulls over the idea.

"Maybe yee could try a smaller cat like Keo or somethin'?" Maggie suggests.

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #800
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

"If I knew more about magic, I might be able to adapt the spell. But I don't, and it specifies tiger. I know some theoretical magecraft, but nothing that could help me in this instance. For example, the red flash that accompanied the appearance of the card? That's the colour of my soul. Magic use makes it visible, though the same doesn't seem to be true for everybody I have encountered using magic in the Nexus, it is true for all the magic-users where I'm from. Also, my magic is Conjuration, mainly; that's always been treated with some respect and fear, and more conjurers have been executed by religious authorities than nearly every other sectarian magic user, normally for trafficking with demons, enslavement of angels, heresy and so on. The exception is Necromancers, because they work with corpses and souls." Most mortal religious practices were taught to mortals by angels, and as angels, demons and devils really don't get on the angels filled mortal religion with propaganda and lies regarding the other two extraplanar beings.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #801

[Main Cabin]

"I'm called Anchor."
    "Who are you, if I can ask?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #802
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Well,r, I don't have much music where I come from,r. I think I like it,r, but I haven't heard much,r." Keo goes back to paying attention to Justin. "Where do you come from,r?"

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I'm Reelshka Trollfinger. One of the councilors here. Anchor... the name rings a bell, but I can't quite remember. Either way, why are you here now?" The goblin asks.

"I do!" Brinika says enthusiastically. "I like singing and playing drums and listening to all sorts of music. I'd like to learn to dance someday. Goblins don't know a lot of dances, but my mom and Aunt Reelshka say it's okay because once I learn them, I'll teach everyone else."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary - PCO]

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    "Perhaps it would be best if you told her," Lume says, seeming nervous. "I've been told that I deliver news in a manner similar to that in which a police officer notifies someone of a loved one's death. Which, to be fair, I have done a number of times in that capacity."
    "And old habits die hard?" Quinn asks sympathetically, nodding in understanding. "Alright then. I shall."

Maybe Krystal can help out the minotaur!

[Main Cabin]

Yuki laughs which quickly turns into a yawn. Seems Yuki is getting pretty tired. But she quickly tries to hide it putting the smile back on her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alysha notices the yawn! Oh no!

Aw, you getting tired? Understandable. You've had quite a day. We could probably find you a bed here.
    "If it's not to much trouble. I am feeling a bit tired."

Between her long walk into town, and then the energy of regrowing wings and flying she is pretty beat.
    [/quote]

"Well, you're certainly welcome to stay," Jamie says, nodding emphatically. "I can find a free cabin room..."

Maybe Anchor (yay Anchor!) spots her...

Lakeshore

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    After a bit of wrestling, Jamie will be able to pull in the fish in! It's kind of funny looking, and it's well over a foot long. Jasmine will try to reach out and grab it after Jamie pulls it in.

"Now what do we do with it?"
    "Well, that depends," says (a completely different continuity's) Jamie. "We could toss it back, or we could fillet and eat it."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #805

[Main Cabin]

"I was hoping to find a way to achieve something, you know, we used to help people...eh, and make peace with all the things I've done, while I still can." This one answers.

Then she notices one of the few people she did know before, and, excited, forgets all about dying, and a little bit about frightening Reelshka is, though her reason for being her remains to hand.

"Jamie! You're still here!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #806

[Infirmary]

As the minotaur enters the infirmary, Krystal looks up from her desk there and smiles when she sees him.

Hey, Gird. Need help with something?

-----------------------------------------------------

[Main Cabin]

Alysha sees that Jamie has a visitor, and takes over on bed finding duties.

Well, the main cabin here has some beds for guests. I use them once in a while. If you join, then you get a room in one of the other cabins. I'm sure Quinn would be fine with you staying here for a while, though. She might want to check on you every so often, anyways.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #807
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Yuki watches Jamie go and greet the translucent woman. Then turns back to Alysha.

"I can just stay in one of the beds here. I don't know if I should join or not."

She says, more worried about being useless around here then anything else.

"Maybe Quinn will be able to help with my memory?"

She isn't sure what kind of magic Quinn can do, but she is hopeful. After all she did manage to regrow her wings.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #808

[Main Cabin]

Alysha will start leading Yuki to where the guest beds in the main cabin are.

She gives a nod. She will do anything she can. I don't quite know if she'll actually be able to, but, again, she will do what she can.

And you don't have to join, I guess. That's up to you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #809
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Thanks. Are you going to be around here when I get up?"

She asks suddenly realizing that if Alysha doesn't stay here she might loose track of her friend. She doesn't want to be alone again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #810

[Main Cabin]

Alysha realizes what Yuki is thinking. Close enough to it, anyways. Which is surprising for her, really.

She smiles and nods. Yep. I'll stay here with you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS