New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #841
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Outside Main Cabin]

Yuki sits cross legged on the rooftop smiling. She enjoys the little breeze that blows over the top of the roof. Her wings blowing out a bit behind her.

"No problem. You are a really good climber. I'm Yuki by the way."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"I'm Salix." The dryad replies. "I climb trees and stuff all the time, but I never climbed a rock wall like that before. I wanted to see what was up here, though." She explains.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

The Exorcist will then proceed to enter the cabin, putting his bottle of Holy Water away in his big coat. He'll adjust his hat and place his suitcase down. Hello?

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"Nice to meet you Salix. nything you were guessing might be up here?"

Yuki says standing up, her wings helping her keep her balance as she looks around the rooftop. Maybe people keep important stuff high up. Which would mean having wings will be all sorts of useful, not that they weren't already useful.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Oh."
    ...Jamie does try to give Anchor a hug though. As she's not transformed, though, it's possible it's Not Super Effective.
    "I'm glad you're back. I've missed you!"
    Anchor will go to hug her back, remembering how Jamie's magic could make her ghostly enough to touch, but Jamie will probably just slip through her and end up feeling cold and a little more confused than a simply incorporeal friend would warrant.
    "I've missed you too."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Reelshka stays back for the moment, not wishing to interrupt a reunion between two friends.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside

"My father, and myself, are citizens of the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man. It's a secular nation, where the Church and the State don't overlap, meaning it's illegal to kill somebody for purely religious reasons. So long as I don't summon an army of demons and attack a town, I'm fine. I'd better not visit either of the Papacies, though; one believes all secular magic is evil and the other frowns upon trafficking with demons although I would at least get a biased trial rather than just be sent to the pyre without being able to prove my innocence." All magic has its own dangers, as Natalie is well aware. Her mother was killed in an experiment that went wrong when she was very young. That's mainly why her father doesn't want her to learn magic, but magic is common enough in Natalie's homeworld (with some exceptions, like the territory governed by the Papacy-in-Exile, which is incredibly unpopular due to their heavily traditionalist stance regarding secular magic, and the more ostracised lycanthropic clans) that not knowing any is a major disadvantage.
    Outside

"Be careful none the less," Thel advises, "Shame folks misuse and shun something as wondrous as magic. We've never even seen true magic before. Not unless ghosts count."

"Burr, not this again. Daft ol' bunny thinks he seen er ghosty of a dead warrior," Maggie says presumably rolling her eyes under that mass of hair.

"I did, and that's all there is to say on the matter," he says quickly and sharply.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn frowns at Kitty's comment. "...that's odd, then. This isn't the sort of thing that just happens, and if your memory had been manipulated, I'd have found evidence..." she mutters.

===

[Main Cabin]

Jamie pauses at the intangibility problem.
    Then smiles.
    Pulls out her wand.

"I am the Druid Princess Mikani, defender of nature's beauty and leader of pure hearts!" she declares, as a magical breeze picks up and ribbons swirl around her as she tranforms!

...and then she goes to hug Anchor, likely succeeding this time.

"I'm so glad you're back! I was worried about you you know," the Magical Girl declares emphatically.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [On Top of Main Cabin]

"Nice to meet you Salix. nything you were guessing might be up here?"

Yuki says standing up, her wings helping her keep her balance as she looks around the rooftop. Maybe people keep important stuff high up. Which would mean having wings will be all sorts of useful, not that they weren't already useful.
    [On Top of Main Cabin]

"I dunno. I never saw a building before I came to GLoG, and I never saw what's on top from close at all." Salix explains.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"Well, it doesn't seem all that exciting really. Though I don't ever remember being up on a roof so I guess there really could have been anything up here.

At least there is a nice view."

You can probably see the lake better from up here, maybe there is a nice break in the trees where someone could sit up here and watch the sun set.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #851
    Orc in the Playground

Lakeshore

Oddball diverts his attention to the fish, examining it. It's not a Magikarp; Oddball doesn't know what it is. He trusts Jamie does, though.

Hopefully, Nicholas won't try to run off with it.

Outside

"There's some ghosts in the manor I live in with Dad and our servants. A murdered butler whose body still hasn't been found, the guy who ordered it built but never saw it completed, a burning man who runs around the grounds on the third of November every year; nobody's figured out who he is yet and an old biplane that flies around the building before crashing into a tower. Unfortunately, the tower was demolished after the accident, and now there's nothing for them to crash into except thin air so you can see what happened to the crew. Probably better than seeing a phantom aeroplane crash through the wall; then you'd see it in much more detail without the choice of looking away. My mum might join them, but we won't know for sure for another ninety-two years." A ghost appears for the first time on the hundredth anniversary of their death in Natalie's homeworld, although after that it can usually appear whenever it wants.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

Jasmine thinks about it for a moment. Eating it... okay. That makes sense. Eating makes sense. But... just throwing it back?

"Why would you let it go? You just caught it. Why undo that?"

13. - Top - End - #853
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

The hug is successful this time and returned by Anchor.

"Aww, thank you! I've been okay though. Got to learn a lot about humans while I was away from here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"Yeah, you can see a lot. Not as much as some trees I climbed up, though. They're way taller than this, but sometimes leaves and stuff get in the way unless there's a big branch I can get far out on." The dryad says. She gets to her feet and turns around to see what there is to see at every angle.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

Yuki simply takes a seat and looks out at the lake.

"I think it is sort of relaxing. You could have a picnic up here, a bit harder to do that up in a tree.

Do you live here at GLoG or are you just visiting?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Reelshka frowns when Anchor recognizes Jamie.
    "Jamie? Do you know her?"
    The Magical Princess will probably notice that one of Reelshka's eyes is smoky green now.

Brinika, meanwhile, looks unsure and her ears twitch. "Um, not all. But a lot of them are. And I keep finding new ones."
    Main Cabin

"New cartoons or new so-" Justin says, quickly interrupting himself. "Stupid question. There's always new songs and cartoons. When did you first start liking singing and dancing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lakeshore

Oddball diverts his attention to the fish, examining it. It's not a Magikarp; Oddball doesn't know what it is. He trusts Jamie does, though.

Hopefully, Nicholas won't try to run off with it.

Outside

"There's some ghosts in the manor I live in with Dad and our servants. A murdered butler whose body still hasn't been found, the guy who ordered it built but never saw it completed, a burning man who runs around the grounds on the third of November every year; nobody's figured out who he is yet and an old biplane that flies around the building before crashing into a tower. Unfortunately, the tower was demolished after the accident, and now there's nothing for them to crash into except thin air so you can see what happened to the crew. Probably better than seeing a phantom aeroplane crash through the wall; then you'd see it in much more detail without the choice of looking away. My mum might join them, but we won't know for sure for another ninety-two years." A ghost appears for the first time on the hundredth anniversary of their death in Natalie's homeworld, although after that it can usually appear whenever it wants.
    Outside

"This place is getting more and more interesting. Don't suppose these ghosts give out sage advice, or premonitions of oncoming danger?"

"Or tell yee where y'cn poke a rapyr on a gurt badger sword?"

"I saw Martin." This has clearly been a point of argument between the two for some time. "But, your mum? Join ghosts?" The conclusion dawns on Thelonious and Maggie very quickly.

"Oh dear..." Maggie says, trying to rest a mole paw on her shoulder.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #857
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Keo is distracted by a number of things like Jamie being suddenly someone else with this effect? She didn't know Jamie could do that.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

"Um, the butler generally looms behind somebody just as they turn around, the builder doesn't realise he's dead and believes the manor's still under construction, the burning man does nothing but scream and the biplane's too far up to talk to. So no, they don't give out sage advice. The builder has pointed out a few secret passageways, though. Mum died when I was three. She was an alchemist, and mixed the wrong two ingredients." Natalie can't remember her mum; her death is one reason why her father doesn't want her to learn magic, and it's a reason why Natalie wants to learn magic. She wants to honour her mum by following in her footsteps; her father wants to keep her safe.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"My tree is not far away, so I live close. My tree has a baby by the lake and most of my friends are here, so I stay here a lot." Salix turns toward the water and points. "See? You can see it from here." Yuki may see a small sapling where she's pointing.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

Yuki glances over at the small sapling then back at Salix studying her for a bit. She slowly puts together that this young girl is some how connected to the trees. She has no memory of meeting a dryad before.

"That is nice, I like it here my friend Alysha brought me here."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #861
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Gird takes a bead off of one of his braided bits of hair and starts unbraiding it. Yes. Ba looks up and bleats happily.
    [Infirmary]

Huh. Krystal blinks a few times. That's...different...

And at that, Krystal will start asking Gird the various questions on the application.

((Can't find what the questions are anywhere, so I guess we'll just have to skip that part.))

--------------------------------------------------

[Main Cabin]

Speaking of Alysha, the peppy vampire finally wakes from her slumber. She sits up, yawns, and stretches. She rubs her eyes a little, then hops out of the bed. She'll grab some clothes from her bag and head to the bathroom to change.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

The "hair" is the most obvious give away for sure. It certainly matches the leaves and trailing branches on the tree.

"I never met her before. Who's she?" Salix asks curiously.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"I don't think she stays here but she says she comes to visit fairly often. She is sort of pale, and uses a giant key to make magic, and she is super nice."

Yuki certinally has a high opion of her friend.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"Okay. Maybe I'll see her sometime." Salix says. She always likes to meet new people.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"I'm sure she will be up and around soon. She was sleeping in this morning, she seemed pretty determined to stay in bed."

Yuki on the other hand wanted to get up and explore. Maybe something she would find would help her remember something of her past.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

A brief patch of sea-mist forms upon the lake. Drifting out of the fog comes a collection of flotsam originating from a large wooden ship. It's mostly disassociated planks, spars and beams, but amongst it all is a length of mast complete with rigging and sail, a capsized dugout canoe peppered with arrows and an almost complete ballista. The more interesting items are four barrels, a crate, a large chest, a large quiver of spear-sized wooden arrows fletched with white feathers and equipped with a heavy-duty barbed steel head and a large wooden door with a small humanoid figure resting upon it. The figure is lying on its back, and seems to be male and, judging by the size of the door, is not fully grown and most likely a child. His skin is a bright blue colour, and he's wearing a loose white shirt, brown leather trousers and a scaled cloak made of the hide of a large fish. His feet are bare and heavily callused, and his yellow hair is quite long and held up in a topknot, revealing pointed ears.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin]

"Hehe, people sleep too much. I don't know why. There's so much to-" Salix cuts off as she catches sight of the flotsam at the lake. "Whoa! Look!" She points wildly. "I wanna go see what's going on."

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"New cartoons or new so-" Justin says, quickly interrupting himself. "Stupid question. There's always new songs and cartoons. When did you first start liking singing and dancing?"
    "When we first left our home colony, I heard an elven lady sing a very pretty and sad song. I didn't know what it was about and she just told me if was about something bad that had happened to her people. And I saw that there was so much music all around the world. And when my parents left me here while the Underside Colony was being built, I heard even more of it," Brinika explains. "And then I got Caretaker who played music for me."
    My, she really is a blabbermouth once she gets going.

[Lakeshore]

Nicholas meows. There's a fish right there but those two legs are hogging it. And they're not even doing anything with it! D=
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-19 at 04:35 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

"Well," Jamie tells Jasmine, "it might be a fish that's too small. Sometimes there's a minimum size to the fish before you can harvest it. Or you might have been fishing just for the battle - to see if you or the fish was the better fighter. This one looks tasty though."

She looks down at the meowing. And giggles. "...I think somebody wants a tuna dinner."

===

[Main Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The hug is successful this time and returned by Anchor.

"Aww, thank you! I've been okay though. Got to learn a lot about humans while I was away from here."
    "Well, that's good!" Mikani declares, smiling broadly. "I hope you weren't too lonely or anything too..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

Lakeshore

In the UK, most fish are artificially stoked into lakes and ponds, and therefore belong to whomever owns the land that body of water is on and removing them without the landowner's permission is theft. Also, to go angling in England or Wales without a rod licence is illegal as the rod licence funds the Environment Agency in charge of looking after fish stocks, water quality and so on.

Oddball slowly approaches the fish, not trusting it.