New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[On Top of Main Cabin]

Yuki stands up trying to get a better look at whoever is floating into camp and nods when Salix suggests they go take a look.

"Yeah lets. Do you want to fly down there. I should be able to carry you down there no problem."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #872
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

The small patch of sea mist quickly clears after releasing its cargo of flotsam, most of which is quickly floating towards the shore. Some is headed towards the island, however. The door is quite far out, though there's other things that are already washing up on the lake's beach.

Hopefully the brief transition from fresh to salt water won't kill any fish, and equally hopefully no sea fish swam through the temporary interdimensional portal to an ocean somewhere.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lake

A brief patch of sea-mist forms upon the lake. Drifting out of the fog comes a collection of flotsam originating from a large wooden ship. It's mostly disassociated planks, spars and beams, but amongst it all is a length of mast complete with rigging and sail, a capsized dugout canoe peppered with arrows and an almost complete ballista. The more interesting items are four barrels, a crate, a large chest, a large quiver of spear-sized wooden arrows fletched with white feathers and equipped with a heavy-duty barbed steel head and a large wooden door with a small humanoid figure resting upon it. The figure is lying on its back, and seems to be male and, judging by the size of the door, is not fully grown and most likely a child. His skin is a bright blue colour, and he's wearing a loose white shirt, brown leather trousers and a scaled cloak made of the hide of a large fish. His feet are bare and heavily callused, and his yellow hair is quite long and held up in a topknot, revealing pointed ears.
    Lake

This boy is quite lucky that The-As-Of-Yet-Unnamed (Taoyu) Dragonite happened to be going to a swim at the time and the sudden change from fresh to salt water was notice by the dragon pokemon who had lived in both environs.

Raising from the water and out of the flotsam and jetsam, he notice the little human(oid). It's a common rumor that Dragonite rescue ships lost or becalmed at sea. It's common because it's true. Taoyu will gently attempt to lift the boy and fly him to the shore.

Outside

"Um, the butler generally looms behind somebody just as they turn around, the builder doesn't realise he's dead and believes the manor's still under construction, the burning man does nothing but scream and the biplane's too far up to talk to. So no, they don't give out sage advice. The builder has pointed out a few secret passageways, though. Mum died when I was three. She was an alchemist, and mixed the wrong two ingredients." Natalie can't remember her mum; her death is one reason why her father doesn't want her to learn magic, and it's a reason why Natalie wants to learn magic. She wants to honour her mum by following in her footsteps; her father wants to keep her safe.
    Outside

"I see. Dangerous stuff, alchemy and fire." Thel says. He can understand following in a parents footsteps in their honor. The Long Patrol doesn't discriminate gender.

"If'n it makes yee feel better, we'm both c'n symperthize." Maggie

"I was only a few winters old when I lost my mum, Maggie about ten, and both parents. Mine to her life as a soldier, hers..."

Maggie raises a palm and stops her companion. "Snakes. Just say'm snakes."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "When we first left our home colony, I heard an elven lady sing a very pretty and sad song. I didn't know what it was about and she just told me if was about something bad that had happened to her people. And I saw that there was so much music all around the world. And when my parents left me here while the Underside Colony was being built, I heard even more of it," Brinika explains. "And then I got Caretaker who played music for me."
    My, she really is a blabbermouth once she gets going.
    Main Cabin

"That's right, remind me to show some of my favorites some time," Justin offers. "Do you mind telling me what it's like in the underside colony?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin => Lake]

"Yeah, sure!" Salix moves over to Yuki and waits for her to carry her over. She shifts from foot to foot. She wants to seeeeeee!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

Actually, none of it is jetsam; the ship sank as a result of battle, not storm, so there was no need to throw anything overboard to lighten the load and increase the ship's survivability; it's all flotsam- debris from a wrecked ship.

Taoyu can carry the Sea Elf boy ashore easily; he doesn't resist, though that's mainly because he's unconscious. Dragons on the world he hails from are considerably more aggressive, though the Sea and Arctic Dragons most commonly encountered do not closely resemble Taoyu. The boy is quite badly injured; he's got broken ribs from a hefty blow by something blunt, and several grazes and cuts along his limbs. The most worrying injury is a stab wound, with a large, feathered dart still embedded in it; the dart is quite well made, and there's traces of something pale blue on the weapon's point.

Outside

I know that- I used to read the books. I had to scale down by book collection so I could get more books, and chose to sacrifice my Redwall series as I wasn't reading them as much as I used to; I gave them to my sort-of cousin, so they're still being read.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Maggie. I'm eleven now, and although he spends no time with me, I'd hate to loose my father." If allowed, Natalie will go and hug Maggie, though she can be stopped.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

[On Top of Main Cabin => Lake]

Yuki will attempt to scoop up Salix in her arms, and being surprisingly strong for such a small woman Yuki really should have no trouble picking up the little Dryad and flying down to the shore where the Dragon like creature is bringing the Sea Elf to shore.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Once they arrive, Salix runs to the edge of the water to take a look at the mess. Really makes her wonder what could have happened. Clearly some investigation is in order. That will be put on hold when she sees the dragonite carrying the boy. "Oh no, is he okay?" She asks as she runs over to them.

8. - Top - End - #878

Ashore

All I know about Flotsam and Jetsam is that they work for Ursula.

Oh. Oh dear, this boy. Almost dead, probably poisoned. The Dragonite gives the dart a cursory sniff. He needs help, just like Taoyu needed help when he landed in the lake. Sophie took him to a building to get help. The boy needs to be taken there!

It's barely a hop skip jump to the infirmary. He doesn't like to go in buildings though. How will he get attention?

How all dragons get attention of course! He ROARS at the infirmary. Someone inside is bound to notice.

Outside

I couldn't guarantee you knew Redwall was even a thing. Can't assume anyone knows what anything about what you like.

The hug is uninterrupted and happily accepted. "Twuz a long timer'go dear. Yee just keep bein' er good girl fer yer poppuh," she says, embracing the girl in her moley paws.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-09-19 at 07:32 PM.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #879
    Orc in the Playground

Ashore

Is Ursula the octopus-woman in The Little Mermaid (which I'm only recalling through the videos linked by Reinholdt and Kid Kris the day before yesterday)?

He's not dead yet, and may survive longer. But he can be carried to the Infirmary, though he does need medical attention. He remains unconscious.

There's four barrels, a crate, a large chest and a quiver of ballista bolts, should Salix get distracted by the flotsam.

Outside

I'm British, as was Brian Jacques. But that's a fair one; there's plenty of references I don't get (usually to music).

"I will. To the best of my ability, anyway. Sometimes naughtiness is the only option." Such as when it comes to concealing her magic. Or, more notably, when she told her father she was a shapeshifter. She didn't so much tell him as give a sudden demonstration and climbed a nearby tree.

10. - Top - End - #880

(Sorry Ghar, I didn't notice your post, you can keep interacting with Taoyu, though.)
    (@Earl: she is)

Outside

"Hurr hurr. Tha's fine. You'm only 'leven," she says giving her a pat on the back before breaking off the hug.

"Too true," Thelonious adds. "Youth and a rebel spirit go hand in hand! Make your father proud. Be so good at magic he'll have to be impressed!"

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

"I'm twelve this year." Her birthday was determined randomly; I used an online dice roller to first roll a d12 getting an 11 and then a d30 to determine the day. "Also, this was in your ear, Maggie." She holds up an acorn. She's wearing a sleeveless dress, and there's no flash of red light from her magic, so it's kind of mysterious as to where it came from.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ashore>>Infirmary

Yuki jumps a bit as the dragonite roars. But she sees him carrying the injured person and follows Salix over to it.

"Oh my. I'll go get Quinn, or someone who can help."

In case they missed the big roar. She quickly starts to run to the infirmary. Once inside she calls out for help.

"Hello, there is a big dragon thing outside that found an injuried person. Help."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ashore => Infirmary]

((That's fine, Orch. I had kind of jumped the gun and missed that it was your turn anyway.))

The little dryad gets up on her tiptoes to look at the injured boy. He sure doesn't look like he's doing okay. "Is he gonna be alright?" She's never seen anyone with more than a minor injury before, so she's not sure what to think.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-19 at 09:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]
    Lume (whose part in explaining things to Kitty is past) turns around immediately.
    "Please continue, Doctor Quinn," he says as he starts to leave. "I'm equipped to handle both dragons and injuries." he then addresses Yuki: "Lead the way."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ashore << Infirmary]

Yuki quickly leads the giant glowing light shaped like a man out to the dragon pokemon holding the injuried sea elf.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #886

[Ashore]
    If the dragon will let him, Lume will begin to examine the sea elf with a rectangle of light, much like he examined Kitty, but this is a physical scan instead of a soul scan.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

17. - Top - End - #887

GnomeWizardGuy

[Infirmary]

By the time the questions are done Gird has his hair unbraided and Ba is eyeing it hungrily. Is done? What now?
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

18. - Top - End - #888

Outside

"I'm twelve this year." Her birthday was determined randomly; I used an online dice roller to first roll a d12 getting an 11 and then a d30 to determine the day. "Also, this was in your ear, Maggie." She holds up an acorn. She's wearing a sleeveless dress, and there's no flash of red light from her magic, so it's kind of mysterious as to where it came from.
    Outside

"Hurr hurr, that'd be right 'pressive t'were my hair not always gettin' yon twigs or leaves stuck innit," Maggie says ruffling her bushy hair.

"Rather. Way to take advice to the heart little miss."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Ashore => Infirmary]

((That's fine, Orch. I had kind of jumped the gun and missed that it was your turn anyway.))

The little dryad gets up on her tiptoes to look at the injured boy. He sure doesn't look like he's doing okay. "Is he gonna be alright?" She's never seen anyone with more than a minor injury before, so she's not sure what to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Ashore>>Infirmary

Yuki jumps a bit as the dragonite roars. But she sees him carrying the injured person and follows Salix over to it.

"Oh my. I'll go get Quinn, or someone who can help."

In case they missed the big roar. She quickly starts to run to the infirmary. Once inside she calls out for help.

"Hello, there is a big dragon thing outside that found an injuried person. Help."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    [Infirmary]
    Lume (whose part in explaining things to Kitty is past) turns around immediately.
    "Please continue, Doctor Quinn," he says as he starts to leave. "I'm equipped to handle both dragons and injuries." he then addresses Yuki: "Lead the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Ashore << Infirmary]

Yuki quickly leads the giant glowing light shaped like a man out to the dragon pokemon holding the injuried sea elf.
    [Ashore]
    If the dragon will let him, Lume will begin to examine the sea elf with a rectangle of light, much like he examined Kitty, but this is a physical scan instead of a soul scan.
    "Draa..." <Don't know.> The dragon answers, even if he knows Salix probably can't understand him. Taoyu sets the boy on the floor in front of the light man.

"Nite." <Fix him.> the Dragonite demands of the light creature, as he takes a step back.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"That's right, remind me to show some of my favorites some time," Justin offers. "Do you mind telling me what it's like in the underside colony?"
    Brinika beams and her ears perk up.
    "It's really great! It's under the Nexus and has lots and lots of caves and tunnels. I haven't seen even half of it! I have my own room in our cave."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Orc in the Playground

Ashore --> Infirmary

The Sea Elf's bloodstream is currently host to a fish-based mostly mundane poison (magic is involved in extracting and purifying it to the point it can be used offensively) which is slowly killing him; that's the most important injury, and it's origin is the dart in his arm. Next is a broken rib that fortunately hasn't punctured his lung. Next is a wound in his calf- a harpoon went through the limb, but has been removed and has a bloodstained field bandage upon it. Finally, there's a lot of cuts, scrapes and other small injuries that are, together with the leg wound, contributing to blood loss which is stopping the poison from acting as fast as it should be. There's slight scarring on his back suggesting he may have been whipped several years ago and an older arrow wound in his chest with the splintered remnants of a fish bone arrowhead resting just beyond the ribs. Also, his bare feet are heavily callused from lots of walking, and his hands are callused from hard work.

Outside

"Good point." And with that, the acorn promptly disappears just before she lowers her hand. Sharp-eyed people might note that a flourish disguised it being hastily flicked behind her.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Salix indeed has no idea what the Dragonite said, but it doesn't matter much. When Lume shows up, she takes a few steps back and just watches.

22. - Top - End - #892

Ashore --> Infirmary

The Sea Elf's bloodstream is currently host to a fish-based mostly mundane poison (magic is involved in extracting and purifying it to the point it can be used offensively) which is slowly killing him; that's the most important injury, and it's origin is the dart in his arm. Next is a broken rib that fortunately hasn't punctured his lung. Next is a wound in his calf- a harpoon went through the limb, but has been removed and has a bloodstained field bandage upon it. Finally, there's a lot of cuts, scrapes and other small injuries that are, together with the leg wound, contributing to blood loss which is stopping the poison from acting as fast as it should be. There's slight scarring on his back suggesting he may have been whipped several years ago and an older arrow wound in his chest with the splintered remnants of a fish bone arrowhead resting just beyond the ribs. Also, his bare feet are heavily callused from lots of walking, and his hands are callused from hard work.
    When Lume's scan finds all of the injuries, he's shocked. "It's a miracle this person is alive," he says. "I look forward to hearing how he came by all of these wounds. But I'll have to fix him first." Lume pulls a jar of greenish fluid from his chest, opens it, and begins applying it to the wounds. When the sea elf is pretty much covered in the stuff, Lume holds his hands over the fluid, which flashes and vanishes. (it should take most of the wounds with it). Then he removes the dart. "Poisons are tricky things," he says, turning to Yuki "I can slow its progression, but I need you to go back to Doctor Quinn and see if she has some kind of antidote for a fish-based poison."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

23. - Top - End - #893
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ashore --> Infirmary

Yuki nods and quickly runs back to the infirmary. She heads straight for Quinn.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

Quinn frowns at Kitty's comment. "...that's odd, then. This isn't the sort of thing that just happens, and if your memory had been manipulated, I'd have found evidence..." she mutters.
    [Infirmary]

"I guess maybe someone did it to me without me noticing?" Kitty suggests. She's really not sure what to think.

But, it looks like they're going to be interrupted by Yuki right about now.

25. - Top - End - #895

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika beams and her ears perk up.
    "It's really great! It's under the Nexus and has lots and lots of caves and tunnels. I haven't seen even half of it! I have my own room in our cave."
    Main Cabin

"What do you eat down there?" Justin asks, not sure if they have hydroponics like back in the Vault.

Outside

"Good point." And with that, the acorn promptly disappears just before she lowers her hand. Sharp-eyed people might note that a flourish disguised it being hastily flicked behind her.
    Outside

"Oooo." Maggie is surprised by the trick and claps her paws together.

Thel's got quick eyes, comes with a life as a fighter, and notices, but he laugh's and claps too. It was a good trick.

Ashore --> Infirmary

When Lume's scan finds all of the injuries, he's shocked. "It's a miracle this person is alive," he says. "I look forward to hearing how he came by all of these wounds. But I'll have to fix him first." Lume pulls a jar of greenish fluid from his chest, opens it, and begins applying it to the wounds. When the sea elf is pretty much covered in the stuff, Lume holds his hands over the fluid, which flashes and vanishes. (it should take most of the wounds with it). Then he removes the dart. "Poisons are tricky things," he says, turning to Yuki "I can slow its progression, but I need you to go back to Doctor Quinn and see if she has some kind of antidote for a fish-based poison."
    Taoyu looks at Lume impatiently, but let's him work. If he could heal he would just do it himself, rather than involve other people.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #896
    Orc in the Playground

Outside

Natalie smiles. "Anyway, I can't remember what I was supposed to show you." Presumably they've been walking around a bit, but if so Natalie can't remember what has and has not been seen by the pair.

Infirmary

The injuries are certainly healed, though a few of the minor cuts and scrapes remain, as do the scars on his back. The hole in his leg from the harpoon has completely disappeared, and the broken rib is also healed, and his blood is replenished. That last also means that the poison is being pumped around his body faster, so it's best if Lume slows it as much as he can.

The scars weren't removed because scarred flesh has healed naturally.

27. - Top - End - #897

[Infirmary]

Krystal sets the pen down once she's done writing the final response.

Now I take this paper, and we start getting you into one of the cabins. She smiles at him. Welcome to GLoG.

------------------------------------

[Main Cabin - Lakeshore]

Alysha walks out of the cabin, expecting to find Yuki flying around somewhere already. Keyblade in hand, she takes a few steps out and looks around for her friend.

She finds her running back to the Infirmary from the lake. And a huge gathering of people at the lake.

Yuki, what's wrong?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #898

Infirmary

The injuries are certainly healed, though a few of the minor cuts and scrapes remain, as do the scars on his back. The hole in his leg from the harpoon has completely disappeared, and the broken rib is also healed, and his blood is replenished. That last also means that the poison is being pumped around his body faster, so it's best if Lume slows it as much as he can.

The scars weren't removed because scarred flesh has healed naturally.
    ((Actually, they should still be [Ashore]; Lume wouldn't have moved someone that badly hurt))
    A trickle of light briefly flows from Lume's hand into the skin where the dart was. This light contains a certain amount of healing magic, which should slow the poison's progress significantly.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Lakeshore]

"Someone has been posioned. The big light guy asked me to go see if Quinn had an antidote for fish posion."

With that quick explanation she continues on her way into the infirmary to see if she can find Quinn.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #900
    Orc in the Playground

Ashore

((I thought the Sea Elf cabin boy was carried to the Infirmary by the Dragonite that picked him up off his door-raft.))

The healing magic does its work, and the poison is slowed. Though not stopped.