New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Lake]

Salix has wondered away from where all the adults are fussing over the injured boy. her attention has been grabbed by the flotsam and she's gone to investigate. The first thing to catch her interest is the arrow filled canoe. If it's close enough that Salix wouldn't have to swim to reach it, the little dryad will try to pull it toward the shore. At least until it touched the ground and her lack of strength prevents her from pulling it any further.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Oh, well. How have you been doing? I haven't seen you in a while."

...wasn't something like that said a minute or two ago?
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Not bad. I'm working for a loan shark in Inside; he likes me because I look demonic. Let me tell you, the guy behind the counter looking like a devil kind of puts the whole loan deal in perspective," Eric says, "Beyond that, I'm just getting better at psychic stuff. Haven't had a lot of free time though, since I've been working long hours."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

The canoe is made from the trunk of a large, tropical hardwood tree. It's not an Earth species, and I have no idea if Salix can tell what tree a wooden item was made from. There's a complex pattern carved into its hull, and most of the arrows haven't penetrated all the way through the wood. One that has is a large ballista bolt, whose heavy steel head is protruding from the bottom at an angle. It's also upside down at the moment.

The canoe is also unique- nothing else floating ashore is made of the same type of wood, and is of a completely different style to everything else as well.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #964
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate nods. "Julie just taught me that body-switching thing, and gave me a normal body, so I can be normal again. I know how to do it, but I just feel exhausted now. Mentally, of course."

Kate will go about sitting down in the kitchen. It'll take a minute, since has has to thread the dragon tail through the chair.

"I thought I would talk with my AI a bit. See what I could figure out about it."

Copi will raise an eyebrow. "What?"

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric raises an eyebrow, "AI?" before taking a bite out of his cake
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"So, for a while now I've had an issue where if I was exposed to fairy magic I would begin to turn into a pixie... wait, Julie probably explained this to you since I was around for several days helping with the kids. Anyway, on a different occasion I wound up rather... pixie brained, and in that time I decided it would be a good idea to pull an all-nighter to make up the time I had been missing at work. And apparently I wound up writing a true AI? I haven't messed with it much, but it's oddly thoughtful." Kate opens up her laptop and opens up a program. It has a blank black screen, and a simple > for input. Copi immediately moves so that she can see the screen better.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Ashore

The elf, despite being unconscious, is still alive! His blue skin is quite pale, though with blue skin it might naturally be that way. Although it isn't.

Lake

Washing up along the lake's shore are a variety of bits of flotsam, most of it from a sea-going ship. Most of it consists of planks and boards, though there's most of a mast, complete with a torn sail and some rigging still attached to it. Also amongst the larger pieces of flotsam are four barrels, two crates, a metal-bound chest, an overturned dugout canoe peppered with arrows, a heavily damaged ballista and a large quiver of spear-sized ballista bolts.

Sinking to the bottom of the lake is a large bronze anchor, another chest and the contents of a ripped sack of gold coins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lake]

Salix has wondered away from where all the adults are fussing over the injured boy. her attention has been grabbed by the flotsam and she's gone to investigate. The first thing to catch her interest is the arrow filled canoe. If it's close enough that Salix wouldn't have to swim to reach it, the little dryad will try to pull it toward the shore. At least until it touched the ground and her lack of strength prevents her from pulling it any further.
    Sophie and Nicholas happen to wander over to the lakeshore, mostly because Sophie has spotted the pile of floatsam as well.

"What's going on here, Salix?" she asks when she arrives. She doesn't know the little dryad very well, but she does know her name at least.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix tugs at one of the arrows, trying to get it free. She stops her efforts when Sophie addresses her. "Huh? Oh hi. All this stuff showed up outta nowhere. There was this boy who was hurt, but some people are taking care of him." The little dryad explains. "Do you know what it is?"

9. - Top - End - #969
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

It all looks like the remains of a sunken ship, when taken together. An old wooden sailing ship, too, not a modern tanker. Judging by the ballista and all the arrows, pre-gunpowder, though there's little evidence as to whether she was a pirate, merchantman, or warship before she sank.

The arrows are stuck fast into the little boat, which is also remarkably easy to move through the water- it's enchanted to that effect.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

"It looks like the remains of a ship," Sophie says, peering at the floatsam. "Also some of the things it had onboard, it seems. You say there was a boy in all this? I wonder how it got here."

Nicholas, meanwhile, sits down and peers at Salix. He'd go meet the new two-legs, but she's in water. He's not going to get into water.

[Lakeshore]

Nicholas finishes the fish and starts licking his paws.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-26 at 06:14 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Bugbear in the Playground

At the Entrance of the GLoG Compound
    "My name's Levi," says the guy whose cape blows dramatically in the wind. He's not insulted. He even laughs! A good, thick laugh with his deep voice.

Then, the swordsman whose cape blows dramatically in the wind says, "GLoG here does redemption cases, no?" he asks, already knowing the answers. "Mine's sort-of like that. You see, every time I wake up, I find myself possessed by an evil shadow, and it's awfully annoying staying awake until I can find some distant hole in the ground to sleep in. I was hoping that this place could help me."

"Not exactly redemption, because I'm only a mindless murderer in the mornings, but it still can count, right?"
    Andreas could quite easily figure out that the reason why Levi has such strong chains and two pairs of handcuffs is so that he won't be able to do anything bad, should he grow tired.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"I dunno. One second there was nothing in the lake, and when I looked back all this stuff was here." Salix turns toward the canoe again, and once more tries to tug and arrow out. "What's a ship?"

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

Lake

Oh, the canoe Salix has is made of a different type of wood to everything else, and is far more ornate than anything else too. The arrow won't come unstuck, though if Salix pulls hard enough it might break and leave the steel head still embedded into the canoe.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"I think she looks for stuff and fights bad people," Brinika says. "Like when she helped a ghost lady find pieces of her soul." Not that Brinika knows what that means. "She can have plants attack people or blow wind at them."
    Main Cabin

"I did that too," Justin replies. "The finding stuff and fighting bad people. Never helped ghosts. Or did magic. Because there was neither."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lakeside - Picnic]

People clean the members' rooms for them while they're out? Posh!

Valaira wants to tell Sophie jack about the symbols! All Valaira is required to divulge is her name, rank, and serial number. But she has to tell Sophie everything. If she doesn't, she'll dig a deeper hole for herself and they'll make sense of the symbols without her.

Valaira swallows hard, sighs, and controls her breathing. In and out. Steady. Good.

"Okay... At the beginning, Zero was gone and I mistook him for dead. So...a series of bad events befell the people I held responsible for it. And then I tried to resurrect him...with..."

"The aid of lesser demons that I summoned. And I painted the symbols to magnify any spells they cast by projecting them into their realms. At a fair price. Which they paid in full. Market value. Souls for power..."

Valaira is ashamed that she accepted the souls of guilty as payment for services rendered. But she was devastated when he "died" and believed he would never be free from his earthly chains until she bid him farewell.

"I was gonna use those to bargain for Zero's soul when I hunted it down, but then he came back... And now I have a bunch of immortal souls that I shouldn't do anything with..."
    Zero looks rather guilt striken. Especially considering that she did this in order to find him.

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    "My name's Levi," says the guy whose cape blows dramatically in the wind. He's not insulted. He even laughs! A good, thick laugh with his deep voice.

Then, the swordsman whose cape blows dramatically in the wind says, "GLoG here does redemption cases, no?" he asks, already knowing the answers. "Mine's sort-of like that. You see, every time I wake up, I find myself possessed by an evil shadow, and it's awfully annoying staying awake until I can find some distant hole in the ground to sleep in. I was hoping that this place could help me."

"Not exactly redemption, because I'm only a mindless murderer in the mornings, but it still can count, right?"
    Andreas could quite easily figure out that the reason why Levi has such strong chains and two pairs of handcuffs is so that he won't be able to do anything bad, should he grow tired.

Andy seems quiet calm as he mentions his issue.

"Yes, yes that's what we do. I have to say I'm not very common with possession. I may know someone who should be able to help you with that."

Then he points at the chain and handcuff.

"Do they do their work well or doesn your other self break out easily?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

"A ship is a big wooden or metal thing people use to get around on water," Sophie explains. "This looks like the remains of a wooden one. It seems to have appeared out of nowhere." She activates her Second Sight to try and percieve any magic affecting the floatsam.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Main Cabin

"I did that too," Justin replies. "The finding stuff and fighting bad people. Never helped ghosts. Or did magic. Because there was neither."
    "There's so much magic here," Brinika says. "Before coming here I hardly saw any. My cousin is a wizard, but he said he rarely uses magic."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix's efforts are fruitless it seems. The little girl is just not strong enough to get that arrow out. "Okay. So people sit on it or something?" As if inspired by that idea, Salix uses the arrows to try and climb up on top of the overturned canoe.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere

Vasilisa is wandering, looking for another of the little girls to speak to.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #980
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin

Continue as you were, but I feel it worth mentioning that Keo is curled up in a nap.

((This is purely IC, if I could add anything to this scene I would))

Somewhere

A plotclone of Keo is here, which is to say that this is happening later, and she has her little crude sack with her. She hops up onto a picnic table and pours out the contents. She then looks over at Vasilisa, and gives a few curious sniffs.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Picnic Table

"Hello. Is it okay if I sit with you?" Vasilisa asks. She smells like catgirl and maybe a little like the fish she had for lunch.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #982
    Dwarf in the Playground

Picnic Table

"Yes,m! I'm Keo,m! Who are you,m?" Keo is about three feet tall, and is wearing a large cloak that more or less obscures her body completely. The only parts of her that can be seen are a tail and cat ears that poke out of holes in the cloak, and a pair of perfectly round glowing blue eyes that peer out of the otherwise perfectly shadowed face. Her fur is black, judging from what you can see.

The contents of the sack are interesting. A flint knife, an amazingly ornate silver knife, and six little bone cubes of about the same size, with an X on one side and an O on the opposite side.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Picnic Table

"My name is Vasilisa. It's nice to meet you, Keo," Vasi says, sitting down at the table. "Why do you make that 'm' sound at the end of your sentences?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #984
    Dwarf in the Playground

Picnic Table

"Respect,m. It's respect for those grown, while I am a youngling,m. If you were male, I would make an r sound,m." Keo will gather up the dice, and show then to Vasilisa. "I'm going to roll my luck dice for the season, Vasilisa'm."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Picnic Table

"That's very interesting. Does it bother you that the other younglings here don't use those sounds?" Vasi asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance -> Elm Cabin

A rather heavily beat up Reinholdt who looks like he's been dragged through the meat grinder returns to GLoG. He avoids most everyone though and limps into his cabin. Someone can see him enter if they'd like. Otherwise Rein's going to be trying out those specialties he got from Mallside next post, figuring getting a little nourishment will help him heal.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-27 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #987

Outside

Hadrian watches Reinholdt walk by, but the child does not stop him. The little brown haired boy, about five years old now, just looks around the camp.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

28. - Top - End - #988
    Dwarf in the Playground

Picnic Table

"A little,m. But there are so many very different things,m, that it doesn't bug me as much as other things,m. Like reading, magic, funny smells, all the different kinds of people, very small people, people that are nobody, all the different kinds of bindings and robes that are not bindings or robes at all... m."

Keo looks around a bit, sniffing the air. "This place is very odd,m. I come from a different place,m."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

Picnic Table

"It must be pretty scary sometimes." Vasilisa says. "Do you get homesick?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "There's so much magic here," Brinika says. "Before coming here I hardly saw any. My cousin is a wizard, but he said he rarely uses magic."
    Main Cabin

"Do you think you'd want to learn magic some day?"
    Justin asks. He asks it pretty nuetrally, keeping his personal distaste for it to himself.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters