New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"Yes, Sir. I'd like somebody to give this to that scare fire-lady who was there when you freed us, Sir." Daisy quickly opens a door and grabs a baked clay tablet covered in pictures of flowers. Daisy points at one of the flowers. "That's me, Sir, and that's Pansy, Lotus, Bramble and Daffodil, Sir. We couldn't figure out how to draw Lichen, Sir, but since we used one of his shed scales to draw, Sir, we figure he's added to it as well, Sir." As he speaks, he points at one of the flowers with each name.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"That's really nice," Justin muses, looking over the tablet. He also now knew the Lizardman's name. "But I don't know if i should deliver this or not, though. Cessie, the fire lady, said she would come visit soon, so you could give it to her yourself then, but I don't know when exactly."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zero spreads his hands.

I do have a mission that I need to go on. Maybe Valaria could go with me as a form of atonement?

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeside - Picnic]

"I could do both. I mean..."

Clarissa's right hand clenches into a fist. She elevates it to a ninety degree angle from the ground and opens her hand faster than the eye can register her movement.

Black orbs violently swirl around her arm. Dozens of them twirling this way and that. Guilty souls heavy with darkness and sin.

"They were murderers or worse and I don't want to unleash evil souls upon this world. But I could transfer them to you and you could try to treat them or free them and I couldn't be held responsible! Press your palm to mine if you want these."

"As for you, Zero. What are you up to and how can I assist?"

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Lake]

Yuki looks up when Sophie says she might be able to help, excitement showing in her eyes.

"Really? That would be great."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lake]

"He's cute, and his fur is so soft." Salix pets Nicholas as she holds him. She just loves animals.

Nicholas nestles himself in Salix's arms and purrs some more. He's going to do well in a campsite full of children.
    Sophie, meanwhile, turns back to Yuki. "I don't know if I can help, of course. But I can try."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero spreads his hands.

I do have a mission that I need to go on. Maybe Valaria could go with me as a form of atonement?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lakeside - Picnic]

"I could do both. I mean..."

Clarissa's right hand clenches into a fist. She elevates it to a ninety degree angle from the ground and opens her hand faster than the eye can register her movement.

Black orbs violently swirl around her arm. Dozens of them twirling this way and that. Guilty souls heavy with darkness and sin.

"They were murderers or worse and I don't want to unleash evil souls upon this world. But I could transfer them to you and you could try to treat them or free them and I couldn't be held responsible! Press your palm to mine if you want these."

"As for you, Zero. What are you up to and how can I assist?"

Sophie peers at Zero. He hasn't managed to prevent Valaria from her latest stunt, but he does mean well... and he can't be blamed for being away.
    "The only thing I'm going to do with those souls is try to send them to their appropriate afterlives. Noone deserves to have their soul bound this way, not even murderers. As for your suggestion, Zero... well. If you promise to keep an eye on her and make sure she behaves well, I think it could work."

[Pathfinder's Hut - Later Timeline]

Reelshka looks back at Andy and sighs.
    "Come on, Andy. It's high time you made up with Pathfinder anyway. There's no reason for you two to quarrel." In addition to all other reasons, it's highly inefficient if two GLoG council members won't speak to one another.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-06 at 11:10 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1205

Zero nods.

I can do that.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake]

"Anything you could try would be appreciated."

Yuki figures that anything she tries to do to regain her memory might not work, but she has to try anything. Not being able to remember anything is just so frustrating.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-10-06 at 01:28 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeside - Picnic]

"I don't get it. What's so evil about soul absorption or soul currency? In heaven, basically the same thing happens to them. The logic is different but that's about it."

Valaira is genuinely confused by Sophie's sympathy toward tainted souls and her aversion to what Valaira chooses to do with them. In any case, Sophie should now probably be in possession of dozens of sinful, unrepentant souls!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Salix continues to pet Nicholas, disregarding the two adults to give the cat attention for the time being.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero nods.

I can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lakeside - Picnic]

"I don't get it. What's so evil about soul absorption or soul currency? In heaven, basically the same thing happens to them. The logic is different but that's about it."

Valaira is genuinely confused by Sophie's sympathy toward tainted souls and her aversion to what Valaira chooses to do with them. In any case, Sophie should now probably be in possession of dozens of sinful, unrepentant souls!

"I don't care about what any sort of heaven does. I care about what I do and I think that using people's immortal souls as currency is reprehensible," Sophie says sternly. "Alright, Zero. You can take Valaria on your mission, but keep me updated."

Spoiler
    Show
    [Lake]

"Anything you could try would be appreciated."

Yuki figures that anything she tries to do to regain her memory might not work, but she has to try anything. Not being able to remember anything is just so frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lake]

Salix continues to pet Nicholas, disregarding the two adults to give the cat attention for the time being.

Nicolas purrs and nuzzles Salix's hand. He already likes this little two-legs.
    Sophie, with the little dryad and her cat occupied, can focus on talking with Yuki.
    "I'll need to know more first, but this probably isn't the best time or place to talk about it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Reelshka looks back at Andy and sighs.
    "Come on, Andy. It's high time you made up with Pathfinder anyway. There's no reason for you two to quarrel." In addition to all other reasons, it's highly inefficient if two GLoG council members won't speak to one another.

Andy waves with his hand.

"It's better I stay away. The last time he ordered his spirits to smite me if I come closer. If things are cleared he can met me in the Main Room. I fear these spirits to much to risk my life."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Oh, really Sir? Well, in that case Sir, we'll give it to her when she arrives, Sir. I'll let the others know so that we can hide everything that is potentially explosive and ensure that the fire extinguishers are all visible and intact, Sir." They don't know that Cessie isn't always a scary fire-lady.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Nicolas purrs and nuzzles Salix's hand. He already likes this little two-legs.
    Sophie, with the little dryad and her cat occupied, can focus on talking with Yuki.
    "I'll need to know more first, but this probably isn't the best time or place to talk about it."
    "OK then. I would be happy to tell you anything I can. Anytime. I was thinking about going to see if the Elf from the wreck is OK."

She says glancing towards the infirmary where he was carried off.
    Last edited by McBish; 2012-10-07 at 12:49 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1213

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Oh, really Sir? Well, in that case Sir, we'll give it to her when she arrives, Sir. I'll let the others know so that we can hide everything that is potentially explosive and ensure that the fire extinguishers are all visible and intact, Sir." They don't know that Cessie isn't always a scary fire-lady.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"She's not normally made of fire. She has a human body and everything. She was just pregnant at the time and didn't want to risk herself or her baby, so she made a magical fire body. Good preparedness though." Justin explains. "You'll recognize her, though. She's the same in the face, has black hair and normally wears a blue dress-robe-thing."

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"We were paying very little attention to people's faces at the time, Sir. Elezibethele didn't want us looking at her too much, Sir." Even Mine wasn't allowed to look too much, though Elezibethele certainly looked at him.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Andy waves with his hand.

"It's better I stay away. The last time he ordered his spirits to smite me if I come closer. If things are cleared he can met me in the Main Room. I fear these spirits to much to risk my life."
    Reelshka sighs again and shakes her head.
    "Alright. We'll come back to this later."
    With that, she'll lead the caped man to the hut alone and knock on the door.

[Lake]

"OK then. I would be happy to tell you anything I can. Anytime. I was thinking about going to see if the Elf from the wreck is OK."

She says glancing towards the infirmary where he was carried off.
    Sophie nods.
    "Alright. If I'm not here by the time you get back, you can find me in the Maple Cabin."
    She'd rather not crowd the infirmary too much. She doubts that she'll be leaving anytime soon, though, since Salix and her cat seem to like each other.

16. - Top - End - #1216

Refugee Slave Cabin

"We were paying very little attention to people's faces at the time, Sir. Elezibethele didn't want us looking at her too much, Sir." Even Mine wasn't allowed to look too much, though Elezibethele certainly looked at him.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"Well, she'll introduce herself as Cessie," Justin adds, "and she'll look like I said. She'll clear up any misconceptions with the others. As for Lizzie, I'm surprised you don't call her "That Evil Bitch" every other sentence. I would. Hell, I do."

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"She is not worth my hate, Sir. Some of the others think differently, but I refuse to hate her, Sir. Hate is how she became what she is, Sir." Daisy explains it all quite clinically.

18. - Top - End - #1218

Refugee Slave Cabin

"More power to you then," Justin admits with a smile. "I'm glad you've got your philosophy worked out." Justin also really likes the old trope of telling a villain "they aren't worth it." No better way in the world to demoralize a bad guy than cutting at their pride. He's used it once or twice himself.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-10-07 at 06:56 PM.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I will admit, however, that if Lichen has the chance to do what, I understand, is a cultural tradition regarding criminals with regards to Elezibethele, I'll not stand in his way, Sir." Daisy doesn't quite sound embarrassed to admit it, but it's clear that whatever Lichen's culture does to criminals is not something he'd ordinarily advocate.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka

Pathfinder laughs a bit. "They wouldn't want her to spend a week or so with a tribe of primitive wolf-people who'd rather die than let harm come to her?" He jokes, knowing that he's likely reinforcing the point Brinika's parents would make. "Even so, it might be worth it to ask, just in case. It is useless for someone to live just in this place and one other without actually going out to see the world."

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"What do you hunt with?"
    The Wolfen asks. "I generally use my claws and whatever lies at paw. I used a rock for that." He says with a nod to the skin.

Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

The hut is quite deep into the woods, in a small clearing that has just the one entrance with all the others sealed off by thorned brush at the moment. The Hut itself is quite large, easily capable of providing shelter to a family. If Levi can sense it, he'll be able to tell that a nearly uncountable number of nature spirits inhabit the place, hiding in the soil, trees, and the very stones themselves.

Pathfinder himself is tall, over six feet and covered in thick tan fur. His chest has red chevrons dyed into the fur and one of his paws is covered by a thick bandage. When they approach, his ear twitches. "How can I be of service?" He asks with a sniff of the air.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"I use my claws and teeth,r!"
    Keo reaches to show Pathfinder her claws. Sharp, and not too large but not small... they could do severe damage if Keo knows how to use them. Pathfinder will also get a look at some of the linen strips that Keo is wrapped in under her cloak.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

Pathfinder holds up his own large claws and raises the sides of his muzzle a bit to show off his long fangs. He does so in a non-threatening manner of course. "When would you like to go? I cannot say what all is around this area since the game changes quite often, but perhaps you should show me how you hunt on your own first. I can adapt to suit your style."

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"Can we go right now,r? I'm a little hungry,r!" Keo is bouncing in excitement, she finally has an adult to hunt with this will be so much fun!

24. - Top - End - #1224

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I will admit, however, that if Lichen has the chance to do what, I understand, is a cultural tradition regarding criminals with regards to Elezibethele, I'll not stand in his way, Sir." Daisy doesn't quite sound embarrassed to admit it, but it's clear that whatever Lichen's culture does to criminals is not something he'd ordinarily advocate.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"He's got his philosophy too," Justin say with a shrug. "I'm honestly surprised how pacifistic you came out of that life. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be in Lichen's camp. It's really strong of you."

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake>>Infirmary]

Yuki nods to Sophie before turning and heading towards the infirmary to track down the sea elf child and see how he is doing.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

>Show?

"I do, but it wouldn't be of much use." Kate points at a small webcam above her screen. It probably is of very poor visual quality. "It doesn't have any pattern recognition, she'll see colors and shapes but not know what any of them mean. She won't even know what colors and shapes are."

"Imagine," Copi speaks, "If you were a normal individual that was suddenly given the ability to feel the ebb and flow of magic without having an understanding of what magic is. You would get the information, but without any training it would be a lot of gibberish and might be a sensory overload. In addition, the world is chock full of magic and everything is constantly shifting."

"Plus she doesn't know about physical existence."

"So it would be like feeling magic move in the fourth dimension. Not only do you have no idea what you are looking at, but you have no reference to try and understand it."
    [Rowan Cabin]

"you designed it, right Kate?" Eric says simply, "What are the chances that you programmed something to simulate that sort of intelligence into it? That if it was described and shown, it could understand shapes correlating to individuals?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"You approve of eating her alive?" Perhaps Justin should have clarified Lichen's position before agreeing with it, even in such a roundabout manner. Daisy has a small smile, as he realises that Lichen's tribal customs are not ones that Justin is aware of and therefore Justin didn't know to what he was agreeing.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"I don't know. Probably, eventually? It remembers, it's self-modifying, and I'm pretty sure that it pulls definitions off of Dictionary.com when it comes across a new word. It might even be able to access other programs on the computer, I don't know. Sight is something that will come, yes, but I don't know when... it would be best to give it some context before doing that, but how do you explain senses to something that doesn't have any senses?"

Copi suddenly zones out completely. Kate winces when she sees this.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-10-08 at 04:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric scratches his chin, "I have an idea,"

>You are an individual, correct? An individual AI?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

The little ... goes for a while.

>I am an individual, a singular example of a noun. If I am a person, I am also an individual, a single person. I do not know if I am a person.

"Copi? I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"No, no. Just pondering. No worries."