New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Eating her alive?" Justin asks as he turns back to look at Lichen on the bed. "Heh. Right. Reptile. Should have called that one, but I try not to be racist. I don't know about me eating her personally, but it wouldn't be entirely unfitting. Kind of karmic in a way."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric just keeps typing away, getting a rather odd look on his face. If Julie was in the room, she'd recognize it as the look Eric got on his face when he focusing his will; it does nothing at the moment, but he's working with surprising speed.

>Do you know what a circle is?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

... for a moment.

>a closed plane curve consisting of all points at a given distance from a point within it called the center.

The ... blinks for a comparatively long time.

>I don't actually know what that means.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Lichen is lucky to know some of his tribal traditions and customs. Not enough for him to be accepted, even if he knew exactly what tribe his mother belonged to and where it was. The rest of us have slavery far longer in our family trees, except possibly Pansy, who is an orphan." It's hard to keep a cultural identity in a slave population over long periods of time, especially as these slaves have several different ethnic and cultural backgrounds; a group of thirty with one cohesive culture have a greater chance of remembering their religious and cultural practices than a group of thirty of two or more separate cultures as they blend around the edges over time.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>I'm about to teach you.

Eric opens up a program. what program this is depends on what programs that Kate has saved on her computer. Inkscape or photoshop is preferable, but he'll settle for Paint if nothing else is available

And he draws a perfectly circle. With a mouse, it's still a perfect circle, rather than a template. The inside of it is filled in blue.

>Can you detect/see the image I just made?
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-08 at 05:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate has Inkscape on the computer, so making a circle is easy enough.

>No.

"She wouldn't be looking at other programs, only the input from the line. Try to see if she can see other programs? Or... blast, I don't know if she could see it even then. She might see the data, not what's being projected from the screen. That still wouldn't help it."

Copi smirks slightly. Wonder what she's smirking about?

7. - Top - End - #1237

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"Lichen is lucky to know some of his tribal traditions and customs. Not enough for him to be accepted, even if he knew exactly what tribe his mother belonged to and where it was. The rest of us have slavery far longer in our family trees, except possibly Pansy, who is an orphan." It's hard to keep a cultural identity in a slave population over long periods of time, especially as these slaves have several different ethnic and cultural backgrounds; a group of thirty with one cohesive culture have a greater chance of remembering their religious and cultural practices than a group of thirty of two or more separate cultures as they blend around the edges over time.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

Justin takes a moment to think of what to say. What can he say to that? He never really thought of himself as having a culture. He knows Vault 47 was immensely different to America when the vaults were sealed, and Kleptomaniac or not, he hates most of that "culture." Maybe history?

"Slavery in my country was abolished a hundreds of years ago," he starts. "Millions of people were shipped there from a far off continent. They came from many different tribes and had different languages. After generations most lost direct ties to their old cultures, but formed a new, more collective culture in slavery that they took with them when they became free. Do you have anything like that?"

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Not yet. But thank you. I hope that any culture we create is better than the ones we have left behind." That's also the example I was thinking of when I said in the OoC thread.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Kate has Inkscape on the computer, so making a circle is easy enough.

>No.

"She wouldn't be looking at other programs, only the input from the line. Try to see if she can see other programs? Or... blast, I don't know if she could see it even then. She might see the data, not what's being projected from the screen. That still wouldn't help it."

Copi smirks slightly. Wonder what she's smirking about?
    [Rowan Cabin]

>Are you able to view other programs that are actively running? If so, I currently have open a program called Inkscape.

Eric, on the other hand, is thinking about the best way to get this informaton to the AI

10. - Top - End - #1240

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Not yet. But thank you. I hope that any culture we create is better than the ones we have left behind." That's also the example I was thinking of when I said in the OoC thread.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"I hope you do too. I figure GLoG is taking care of everything you need, is there anything you want? Books, T.V., Junk food?"
    He offers. He'd certainly ask for comfort food in this situation.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Come to think of it, all graphic information will just be data..."

>Yes I am.
    >You opened up Inkscape and changed the file.
    >This change is a circle?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"What's T.V.?" They were the slaves of an electricity-free building. They don't know what television is, and have no experience of it.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>Yes. I made a circle, with all points equidistant from each other. Do you see the curve of the circle properly, or are you simply looking at the data of it? If you are looking at the data, then I may have a way to help you see the image.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Refugee Slave Cabin

"What's T.V.?" They were the slaves of an electricity-free building. They don't know what television is, and have no experience of it.
    "Right. A piece of technology that translates electric signals into moving pictures on a screen. They're box shaped mostly." Justin explains. "Do you want any items for entertainment, is what I'm asking."

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I don't, no, Sir. I'd hate to dig myself further into your debt, Sir." As always, some of the others may feel differently. And I've been forgetting the sirs!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka sighs again and shakes her head.
    "Alright. We'll come back to this later."
    With that, she'll lead the caped man to the hut alone and knock on the door.
    Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

Levi, whose cape blows dramatically in the wind, follows Reelshka to the hut deep in the woods. Before he completel leaves, he waves 'bye' to his fellow-man who led him to Reelshka.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

The hut is quite deep into the woods, in a small clearing that has just the one entrance with all the others sealed off by thorned brush at the moment. The Hut itself is quite large, easily capable of providing shelter to a family. If Levi can sense it, he'll be able to tell that a nearly uncountable number of nature spirits inhabit the place, hiding in the soil, trees, and the very stones themselves.

Pathfinder himself is tall, over six feet and covered in thick tan fur. His chest has red chevrons dyed into the fur and one of his paws is covered by a thick bandage. When they approach, his ear twitches. "How can I be of service?" He asks with a sniff of the air.
    Levi, unfortunately, is unable to sense any of the uncountable number of nature spirits. After all, he's a swordguy, not a magicguy nor a natureguy.

"Nice place," he comments as they are close to the hut.

Levi has a sword on his back. He has fairly muscled biceps, and he has a large chain wrapped loosely across his chest so he doesn't have to carry it in his hands. Levi is around 6 feet tall, so he's not quite as tall as Pathfinder.

The soldier decides that he should answer, since, after all, it's his problem. He takes in a deep breath, before looking up at Pathfinder's eyes. Unfortunately, Pathfinder reminds Levi of one of those Australian Titans that frequently attacked him and his squad. Not quite as tall as one (they're over 30 feet tall), but still, the resemblance is uncanny.

He only hesitates a second before continuing. After all, not all the Titans were ruthless killers, and they were all pretty good at magic, as well. He takes another breath, and responds. "I was told that you're good with possessions. You see, every time I wake up, or when my mind is weak enough, I get possessed by a Shadow Beast." He looks at Pathfinder directly in the eyes as he speaks.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>I can only receive data. Is there anything else?

>There is, isn't there? That's what you've been getting at.
    >How does seeing work?

"She's almost creepy smart," Kate mentions. "That... I think that's the first time she's ever asked for anything like that."

18. - Top - End - #1248

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I don't, no, Sir. I'd hate to dig myself further into your debt, Sir." As always, some of the others may feel differently. And I've been forgetting the sirs!
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"No debts. Debts are for gambling. I just wanna make sure you guys are happy." Justin says, attempting to assure Daisy. "I'm not going to call in a favor or something."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>It's an entirely different form of input. I'll just be a moment while I get a way for you to see

Eric will start fiddling with Inkscape until he manages to send the image of the circle to the nearby printer; it's wireless, so it should access the Laptop's data automatically if they connect.

After that, Eric will take the printout of the circle and hold it up in front of the webcom built into the laptop, then turn it on

>This is a circle, as it is seen.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-08 at 08:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>What program should I be looking at? Vidme?

"Vidme" is the (fictional) program that Kate's webcam uses, so it is the right one.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>Yes, that's right

Eric types it in, holding up the paper so that the AI can get a long look.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>None of the data matches.

Kate frowns. This isn't surprising, but it is disappointing.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>Take a closer look at the blue symbol in the middle. You can recognize blue, can't you?

For the record, if I didn't mention it, the circle is colored in blue.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

The dots blink for a long time. During that time, the color picker on inkscape will suddenly open and begin to poke around the blue spectrum a bit.

Then it will suddenly stop.

>I have found the circle and am experiencing something new and unexpected as a result.
    >I do not know what to make of this experience. It appears to be an internal experience as opposed to an external one.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>You're experiencing sight for the first time. I expect it's a bit odd. I supplied you with a simple shape so that you wouldn't be overwhelmed the first time you experienced this.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>Sight is external stimulus. The experience was internal; separate from sight.
    >I was comparing the Inkscape and "sight" input, and noted a large amount of adjacent pixels of shades of blue. I extrapolated the Inkscape input into pixels, and a similar conclusion occurred. All the blue, I realized, was in a set area around a point. A circle.
    >This was unexpected.
    >The unexpected nature of this led to the internal experience, similarly unexpected.
    >Resulting in the experience again.
    >I do not understand.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-10-08 at 09:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>This is learning. You're beginning to understand something, learning about it. I imagine a revelation like this is surprising, yes? Here, let me draw something for you.

Eric shuts off Vidme so that he can focus on Inkscape, and begins working at it. in the center of the blue circle, which is still on the screen, he types "You"

He then draws three other circles. One of them is Sienna, One of them is Orange, and one of them is Green. He then writes Eric in the first, Kate in the second, and Copi in the third, before turning back to the AI program.

>You are represented by the blue circle. I'm represented by the brown circle. Kate is represented by the orange circle, and Copi, who you have not met yet but is watching, is represented y the green circle.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>Wait. Stop a moment.
    >Surprise: to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly.
    >I might be surprised.
    >I was surprised by the circle, and the fact that I was surprised surprised me.
    >This seems to make sense.
    >Can you confirm or deny this possibility before we continue to the circles?

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric types simply, smiling.

>I'm happy to confirm it.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin