New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

[Rowan Cabin]

>Somewhat. It's both an intellectual and emotional response. The fact that you're asking though? that's curiosity, also an intellectual and emotional response to being presented with something you don't know.

"It's not surprising if you actually ended up making a true AI."
    Eric says.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>Interesting
    >Please continue with the circles.
    >I will ask questions when you finish.

"I kind of wish I knew how I did it," Kate says back.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka

Pathfinder laughs a bit. "They wouldn't want her to spend a week or so with a tribe of primitive wolf-people who'd rather die than let harm come to her?" He jokes, knowing that he's likely reinforcing the point Brinika's parents would make. "Even so, it might be worth it to ask, just in case. It is useless for someone to live just in this place and one other without actually going out to see the world."
    Reelshka chuckles. "It's worth a try. They've already accepted many supposedly unthinkable things. And Brinika would absolutely love it."

Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

The hut is quite deep into the woods, in a small clearing that has just the one entrance with all the others sealed off by thorned brush at the moment. The Hut itself is quite large, easily capable of providing shelter to a family. If Levi can sense it, he'll be able to tell that a nearly uncountable number of nature spirits inhabit the place, hiding in the soil, trees, and the very stones themselves.

Pathfinder himself is tall, over six feet and covered in thick tan fur. His chest has red chevrons dyed into the fur and one of his paws is covered by a thick bandage. When they approach, his ear twitches. "How can I be of service?" He asks with a sniff of the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

Levi, whose cape blows dramatically in the wind, follows Reelshka to the hut deep in the woods. Before he completel leaves, he waves 'bye' to his fellow-man who led him to Reelshka.

Levi, unfortunately, is unable to sense any of the uncountable number of nature spirits. After all, he's a swordguy, not a magicguy nor a natureguy.

"Nice place," he comments as they are close to the hut.

Levi has a sword on his back. He has fairly muscled biceps, and he has a large chain wrapped loosely across his chest so he doesn't have to carry it in his hands. Levi is around 6 feet tall, so he's not quite as tall as Pathfinder.

The soldier decides that he should answer, since, after all, it's his problem. He takes in a deep breath, before looking up at Pathfinder's eyes. Unfortunately, Pathfinder reminds Levi of one of those Australian Titans that frequently attacked him and his squad. Not quite as tall as one (they're over 30 feet tall), but still, the resemblance is uncanny.

He only hesitates a second before continuing. After all, not all the Titans were ruthless killers, and they were all pretty good at magic, as well. He takes another breath, and responds. "I was told that you're good with possessions. You see, every time I wake up, or when my mind is weak enough, I get possessed by a Shadow Beast." He looks at Pathfinder directly in the eyes as he speaks.
    Reelshka steps back, allowing Levi and Pathfinder to talk this out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

>Interesting
    >Please continue with the circles.
    >I will ask questions when you finish.

"I kind of wish I knew how I did it," Kate says back.
    [Rowan Cabin]

>Here we have four circles. These each represent individuals.

He clicks the blue circle, selecting it. He then clicks other circles as appropriate.

>This blue circle represents you. These three, on the other hand all refer to Me, Kate, and Copi, who you haven't met.
    >Kate and I are Organic Intelligences.
    >Copi is a Semi-Organic intelligence, from my understanding.
    >You are an Artificial Intelligence.
    >Each one is different, but the idea is the same; we're all individuals.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

The ... goes for a bit, and then the program responds simply.

>Yes. I think I understand.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

Andy is waiting here. He isn't sure if Reelshka will tell Pathfinder about him, but in any case he is waiting here. It's possible that this will happen after the current talk in the hut or never. Who knows.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>The problem we have in communication with you is simple. Each of us has five senses, which are tactile, sight, sound, taste, and smell.
    >Taste and smell probably wouldn't be all that interesting to handle because they're not terribly important, and tactile sense would be difficult to manage, but seeing and hearing are both something that we can manage for you.
    >Would you be willing to try seeing more than simple shapes, or do you want to work your way up?

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>Which would be more useful?
    >I would like to be able to see on the same scale as you, but I don't know how to go about it.

"The facial recognition software in the ease of access tools might be helpful. Of course, it isn't very good..."

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

There's a brief moment of silence from Eric as he considers something.

"Kate, how hooked into you are those cybernetic eyes?"

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"They're attached to an implant in my brain that translates between neurons and microchips. If they come out, it's going to be like any time an eye is ripped out. No, no wireless. Hooking the computer to my eyes is more or less impossible, barring the cooperation of Dr. Fields. If I ever see Dr. fields again, it's going to mean a lot of bad things one way or another."

"Hmm. I wonder if I still... let me check something." Kate begins to dig around in her backpack.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Eric waits patiently for Kate, typing:

>Kate is getting something for you.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate pulls out a camera, the one that was for her prosthetic arm back when the hand could be switched out. "This should work for simple vision. We might have to fake the connection, though... mm. Might not come with drivers, either." She looks at the connections to see if there is an obvious way to hook it to the computer...

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

There's actually a wire connection that's built for hooking up to a computer, initially built so that whomever is looking through it can also save videos and upload them; functional, really. You need at least some way to connect to the internet.

"I think I've got that sort of cord. Just a minute." Eric moves off into the other room, and will come back a few moments later after rooting around in the computer desk for the camera cord he has. It should fit, if there's no issue.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

Pathfinder chuckles at that. "Alright then, let me just grab my spear, just in case we find something more than we bargain for." He says before bowing to Vasi and heading to his hut, leaving the pair for the moment.

Pathfinder's Hut - Levi

"What exactly is this Shadow Beast?"
    Pathfinder asks. He doesn't use his spirit-sight just yet, wanting to know what he might expect first. He'd rather not attract the attention of something too hostile until he's ready for it.

Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka

Pathfinder leans down to nibble her neck affectionately before trying to get up slowly. "Well, we may as well go and run it past them now, so we know what to prepare for. A week is going to go by quickly." He advises.

Main Cabin

Sometime after the event with Levi, Pathfinder will show up to take a seat across from Andy. His body language shows that he doesn't intend to be hostile in the least and even has slightly submissive undertones. If Andy doesn't speak right away, Pathfinder will. "I hope you can forgive me for my behavior the last time we met." He asks of him. "Circumstances weren't the best and I normally have better control over myself."

(Morty said to me that it was okay to assume Reelshka told him about Andy's location, hence the little timeskip if that is okay.)

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I see, Sir. In that case, Sir, could you teach me how to use some form of weaponry, Sir?" Daisy would like to defend himself, and possibly assist in a future slave liberation mission.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka]

Reelshka gives Pathfinder a kiss before getting up herself.
    "Yes, I'll go see them now. Fortunately their cave isn't too far from here... see you around."
    With that, she leaves.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Good, I left mine at home."

There shouldn't be a problem, as long as the camera is compatible with the operating system. In a minute or two the program should be up and the image coming through the program.

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"Okay,r!"

Keo will run over and hug Vasi's legs "Thank you,m!"

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

There should be no issue with connection, as the camera has driver programs inside it to set up computers for use. Eric will go through the process of setting it all up fairly quickly.

And then Kate will feel a familiar presence in the area. Cos has taken an interest, so he's taking a look in on what Kate's doing.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's hut - Keo

Vasi kneels so she can hug Keo properly. "You have a good time hunting, little one."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

The AI itself does not acknowledge the camera immediately; it'll need to be told to pay attention to it.

Cos? Kate wants to ask "Is that you?" But she knows it's him, and then she wants to explain the situation, but he probably already knows it...

Or if he doesn't, he could find out from Kate's mind with no trouble. She's being open right now.

Pathfinder's hut - Keo

"You have a good time, too,m, whatever you do,m." Keo will disengage the hug when Vasi tries to disengage.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>See that Program that just opened? The one for the camera? We set that up so you could see.

I'm just watching right now,
    Cos says, Dionysus said something about AIs once and I'm curious.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-09 at 05:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

>It's very complex. What am I looking at?

Kate invites Cos to browse her knowledge of the subject. She doesn't really use words to do it; she rarely does in her own mind.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

>You're looking at my face. There's some facial recognition software in the ease of access area. It should help you understand what's going on.

Cos will do what's essentially a knowledge download; Kate will only feel a tingling sensation for a moment on the inside of her head, and then Cos will have all the knowledge he wanted.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Yuki walks through the infirmary looking for where the large man of light took the sea elf. She wonders if the child is awake yet, she wanted to tell him about the stuff she found in the lake, she is pretty sure it is his.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

As Yuki leaves, Sophie looks down at the little dryad busy cuddling and petting her cat.
    "Have you ever seen a cat before?" she asks with a smile. It doesn't look like she has.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

The Sea Elf is here! He's a young boy, with blue skin and greenish hair. He's currently asleep in a bed. I think Dimonite said that Lume wouldn't leave him till he woke up, so Lume may be in the area.

Lake

Most of a mast, with part of a sail and some lengths of rope remains in the lake, as does a broken ballista.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"I see, Sir. In that case, Sir, could you teach me how to use some form of weaponry, Sir?" Daisy would like to defend himself, and possibly assist in a future slave liberation mission.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"Not what I was expecting, but I guess." Justin answers. "I know how to use a knife and a gun pretty well, very well actually," he says with a bit of pride. His sister taught him how to knife fight and just plain fight dirty, and his skill with guns and energy pistols were hard earned. "But there are better fighters than me you could learn from. I could try to set you up with a warrior from Watchtower if neither of those interest you." He knows Wenomir and Harnel are fighters and pretty good ones if they work for the anti-doom team.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Nope, never." Salix holds Nicholas up a bit to get a better look at him. "Not like Nicholas. Maybe something kinda like him a long time ago. I forget."

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

Yuki moves over to the side of the bed that Lume isn't at. She steps quietly, it would be easy not to notice her approach. She smiles, happy to see that he is looking better since she last saw him, if apparently still sleepy.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

He's already awoken once; Lume told him his family was dead and his home had sunk and he cried himself into unconsciousness. But he doesn't awake yet.

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I think I'd like to learn how to use a gun, Sir. They didn't have any at the Hermitage, Sir." They did, but only one person knows how to use one. In the entirety of the Cult, there's three guns I know of- Percival's WWII-era weapon whose exact type has been forgotten by me, Terrowin's custom automatic pistol and Madame de la Moy's new particle magnum.