Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1500

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lake]

"Um..." Salix thinks hard. It's not something she's had to think much about. "So two winters... and it's almost fall now. So almost three years old?" She decides is the best way to describe it.
    "Only three? My, dryads sure grow up quickly. A human of that age would still be a toddler," Sophie says.

[Rowan Cabin]

A plotclone of Sophie is approaching it, carrying Nicholas. She wants to check up on Julie and the kids.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Um, I was never a baby like the babies here." Salix explains. She's not sure why she's different, than the others, but she knows she is.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Only three? My, dryads sure grow up quickly. A human of that age would still be a toddler," Sophie says.

[Rowan Cabin]

A plotclone of Sophie is approaching it, carrying Nicholas. She wants to check up on Julie and the kids.
    Rowan Cabin

Julie is outside, tending to what she would call a small garden, and what most sensible people would peg as a scrabbly patch of scrawny wild flowers. No real weeds, but hardy things that she just has to trim back every once in a while to keep herself busy. No sign of the kids though, so they're either with their father or spending some time with each other inside.

"Be right with you Sophie. Is that a new cat?" Julie says distractedly without looking up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"Hi Julie. And yes, that's my new cat. His name is Nicholas. I got him recently." She lifts up the cat a little and he looks around curiously.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Rowan Cabin

"Cute thing, with the long hair and such. Is he good around people?" That would be Julie's first concern, with two children running around. She has no doubt they'll want to pet the kitty once they catch wind of him, and she wants to make sure it isn't some feral thing that will try to scratch their eyes out. She knows they'll probably grow back, of course, but that doesn't keep her from being protective.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Sophie nods with a smile.
    "Oh, yes. He's really sociable and affectionate. I got him from an animal shelter in Inside to keep me company and I asked for one that would get along with everyone here."

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"They've been very good, thank you. Lichen's been teaching me how to catch fish without a rod or line, or bait for that matter. I'm not very good at it, though." He's been using his hands. Lichen can do it fine, but he doesn't really use his hands- more his teeth.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1418

Regugee Slave Cabin

"Really? That's a strange way to go about it," Justin says, smiling. "So do you do it Grizzly bear style? Waist deep in the river trying to pull out a salmon?" It's an amusing image to Justin.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Um, I don't know what a grizzly bear is, but basically yes. Although Lichen uses his teeth instead of his hands; he's much better at it than I am, too." I didn't think any bears survived the war, except for the yaoi guay or however it's spelt.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Refugee Slave Cabin

He still knows what a bear is via whatever knowledge or pop culture made it into the vault. Three little bears, Yogi bear, picture books where "A is for apple and B is for Bear," etc. The New California Republic, a major faction in FO2 and New Vegas, use a two headed bear as a symbol.

"Large, fish eating, land animal. Don't worry about it," Justin dismisses, "Is there anything don't have but you'd like?"

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Yes, a fishing rod, line, and all the accoutrements to go with it." Just because he's learning how to do without, doesn't mean he wants to. He mentioned he was trained how to fish, and Lichen went to see what he knew.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Refugee Slave Cabin

"I'll get you all the fancy things and a bucket of worms to go with it," Justin jokes, but not really. He'll get a bucket. "Consider it done. I'm also teaching the others how to use guns. Would you be interested?"

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Oh, don't worry about the worms- I can gather my own bait. Yes, I would be interested in learning how to use a gun." Daffodil smiles.

14. - Top - End - #1424

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Sounds perfect. If I can't get permission to do it here at GLoG, I should be able to set something up at my home," Justin says. He then turns his attention to the Lizardman sleeping on the opposite bed. "I'm curious to talk to Lichen, but I'm a little worried to wake him up."

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"That'ss OK Jusstin. I'm awake now." The lizardperson doesn't move from where he lies, though his head moves just enough for him to look at Justin.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Refugee Slave Cabin

He hisses. Justin's a pulp film junkie. He should have called that. "How's it going Lichen? Have you been doing well since you came to GLoG?"

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Oh, yess, Jusstin. There'ss lotss of food in the foresstss around here, and the people are friendly. There'ss nothing more I could want. I don't think I'll join your gun classs, Jusstin. My handss are big, and dessigned for catching fissh and not fine manipulation." I'm not entirely sure why Lichen was bought at all, to be honest. He's strong, so maybe that's it?

18. - Top - End - #1428

Refugee Slave Cabin

"That's fine," Justin says. "Always feel free to ask, though. I'm pretty good at getting things. And guns aren't for everyone, either."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"A knife for whittling wood would be good, but not necesssary, Jusstin. Then I can make javalinss, ssomething my handss are far more ssuited to." He lifts them up to show Justin; they're large, and heavily scaled. He'd need a gun without a trigger guard, or with an expanded trigger guard, to even use one, and the thumb is in the wrong place to be as opposable as ours.

20. - Top - End - #1430

Refugee Slave Cabin

"Can do," he tells Lichen about a whittling knife. He's actually rather fascinated by the Lizardfolk's hands. He never really looked at his scales up close. He's always been very interested by the sciences and his mind is just buzzing with questions about how he would have evolved this way. (In game terms Science is a "Tag Skill" for Justin.) Oooh! Do they have those wavy bits like geckos? He could climb on walls!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Infirmary

Yuki only notices that he tries to get up, and figures he probably shouldn't. So she gently places a hand on his shoulder to stop him from getting up.

"It's OK don't get up, I just brought you some things I think are yours."

She takes the gold coins and sets them on the bed next to him.

"There is some other stuff out by the lake to. I'm sure someone here will make sure it is taken care of till you are better."

She smiles at the little guy hoping the items will bring him a little happiness.
    [Infirmary]
    "Certainly; I will not only monitor his recovery, but also ensure that no further harm comes to him."
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

Keo looks at the dagger, not understanding. "Why would I need a whit'ling knife,r?"

...has it never occurred to Keo to use a knife in combat? She knows about them, obviously...
    Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"In case we run into something too big and dangerous for us to take down with just our claws, we may need the spear and knives to kill it. The creatures around here aren't normal for the most part, and are quite a bit tougher than most you've likely hunted before."
    Pathfinder explains gently. "Because you aren't as strong as I am, you might need a knife in order to hurt them."

[Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka]

Reelshka is picked up and shivers as her ear is nipped.
    "Hmmm... maybe both? She is a blabbermouth..." she says as she leans in to bite Pathfinder's neck lightly.
    Pathfinder's Hut - Reelshka

Pathfinder growls happily at the bite and nuzzles against her neck in return. "I'm glad she's able to join us." He admits with a small smile. "Even if it means our time alone won't be as much." He tells her with a mischievous twinkle to his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Main Cabin - Andy

Pathfinder may notice that Andy got slight annoyed. He had some bad times with family. So he can't really understand how they feel.

"Well, a family seems to cause different reaction to different people."

He shakes his head. So much difference between him and Pathfinder.

"Just tell me when the time is right for it."
    Main Cabin - Andy

Pathfinder nods slowly to agree to tell Andy the story sometime. "For now however, consider yourself welcome to my hut if you ever need to come. And if you should ever need aide, just call out to the spirits around here. They'll be able to help even if I cannot."

23. - Top - End - #1433

[Rowan Cabin]

Sophie nods with a smile.
    "Oh, yes. He's really sociable and affectionate. I got him from an animal shelter in Inside to keep me company and I asked for one that would get along with everyone here."
    Rowan Cabin

"That's nice. Maybe the girls will want to see him later. Can I get you anything? I think I have some instant coffee and teabags kicking around if you wanted something hot, and there's some cheesecake that I tried making, but even Eric doesn't think it's very good." The succubus shrugs as she dusts off her knees and stands, turning to Sophie with a grin. It's obvious that she doesn't care much about not quite fitting the "homebody" role, even if she makes an effort just so she has things to fill her time.

"So what's new with you? It's been a while since you came around to talk."

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"Some coffee would be nice. And I know it's been a while. That's why I came here. It's been same old with me lately, really, apart from getting Nicholas," Sophie says with a little sadness. She appears to be feeling a bit down in general.

"Oh, I'm sure the other Wolfen will keep her safe when I won't be able to keep an eye on her," Reelshka responds with a wink. She does know the Wolfen well enough to be sure they won't allow Brinika to come to any harm while she's a guest of theirs.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut - Keo

"I don't know how to fight with a Knife,r, but if you say so,r." She takes the knife, and then looks back at pathfinder. "I don't have anywhere to put it,r."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

Geckoes are primarily forest lizards, whereas Lichen's people live in swamps. There's little to climb in his native home, and so his fingers aren't ridged like those of a gecko. They are slightly webbed, however, and seem very powerful. The simple reason for his hand's shape is that whilst Lichen's people do use tools, they don't need tools for hunting or food gathering.

"Thank you, Jusstin." Lichen sounds as though he's smiling. However, as he doesn't have lips or much in the way of facial muscles so smiling's actually not something he can physically do.

Infirmary

"Thank you Your Holiness, but coins aren't important to me at the moment. Is there a chest, with a keyhole and no key? Or at least, a hidden key?" He doesn't know that Yuki has already opened it.

27. - Top - End - #1437

[Rowan Cabin]

"Some coffee would be nice. And I know it's been a while. That's why I came here. It's been same old with me lately, really, apart from getting Nicholas," Sophie says with a little sadness. She appears to be feeling a bit down in general.

"Oh, I'm sure the other Wolfen will keep her safe when I won't be able to keep an eye on her," Reelshka responds with a wink. She does know the Wolfen well enough to be sure they won't allow Brinika to come to any harm while she's a guest of theirs.
    Rowan Cabin

Julie pats a spot on her porch steps for Sophie to sit before settling down on the spot next to it. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, the tap starts running into a mug, water steaming and bubbling as it fills the cup and a teaspoon of instant coffee levitates itself out of the jar and swirls around inside, mixing perfectly. The process takes all of ten seconds with a combination of molecule agitation and good old telekinesis. The freshly brewed cup of coffee floats towards the front door.

"Things have been pretty hectic with me. Earlier today Eric and I went to visit my folks, and something started happening with his body. He's sharing headspace with me until my... cousin, I suppose, anyway, until Waldorf can try to fix it or let it run its course. We've got Eric's body resting comfortably on the bed, and we'll probably transfer it over to the Infirmary first thing in the morning so Wally can ask Quinn's opinion on it as well." Julie taps on her temple, indicating where Eric's mind is hanging out until further notice.

"What's eating you anyway? Have you only too late found out that you're more of a dog person?" The succubus jokes.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

It's a testament both to Sophie's composure and the nature of the Nexus that she doesn't blink at Julie's recount of the recent events. This sort of thing just happens.
    Right now the Hunter takes the cup of coffee as Nicholas makes himself comfortable in her lap. She smiles slightly.
    "Nothing in particular. Or a couple of things put together, I guess. I've just been feeling... melancholic. And a little nostalgic."

29. - Top - End - #1439

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Refugee Slave Cabin

Geckoes are primarily forest lizards, whereas Lichen's people live in swamps. There's little to climb in his native home, and so his fingers aren't ridged like those of a gecko. They are slightly webbed, however, and seem very powerful. The simple reason for his hand's shape is that whilst Lichen's people do use tools, they don't need tools for hunting or food gathering.

"Thank you, Jusstin." Lichen sounds as though he's smiling. However, as he doesn't have lips or much in the way of facial muscles so smiling's actually not something he can physically do.
    Refugee Slave Cabin

"Not a problem. It was good to meet both of you. Never hesitate to ask for anything else," Justin leaves the room if there's nothing else.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Orc in the Playground

Refugee Slave Cabin

"It'ss alwayss good to ssee you, Jusstin." Lichen will wave as Justin leaves, as will Daffodil. I've just corrected the speech colour; Daffodil speaks in Magenta, Lichen is Dark Slate Blue.