Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Legacy of Fire II [OOC]

Party XP:
    450/1300

Alright, we've got an OOC thread. Please repost your character sheets here (and statblocks if you have them) and choose your colors. You will all be beginning on the road, after traveling together for about a a few days, so you will all have the chance to introduce yourselves to each other.

Our party:
    1. Starbin - Krog the Fallen
    2. shugyosha - Vikcara Jocanda
    3. Frivolous - Grace
    4. meemaas - The Dagda Mor
    5. Morbis Meh - Scrag the Talentless

IC Thread is here.
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-11-27 at 08:01 PM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Legacy of Fire II [OOC]

Grace

Spoiler
    Show
    Grace
    Female Neutral Good Human Ranger, Level 1, Init +3, HP 12/12, Speed 20
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Scimitar +2 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
    Dagger +2/+4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
    Studded leather armor, Buckler (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 11
    Condition None

Since Grace is a ranger, I hope no one minds if I claim the color Green.

Note: I believe that the AC versus Touch attacks is glitched. It should include the bonus from Grace's Dodge feat, but it does not. I'm waiting for Myth-Weavers to fix that oversight.

Grace's normal speed is 30, but when she is carrying all her equipment, she is only 20.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hail and well met, all! I second the wish for a long and healthy game!
    "Speaking" "Whispering" Thinking for Krog, male CG half-orc barbarian (Hurler)

Spoiler: Details
    Show
    Level 2, Init +2, HP 21, Speed 20 (30 w/o armor)
    AC 17, Touch 12 Flat-footed 15
    Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1, BAB +2, CMB/CMD +6/18
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Racial traits +2 Str, Darkvision 60', +2 Intimidation; Bestial (+2 Perception); WF: greataxe, falchion, orc weapons
    Feats Power Attack
    Class abilities Rage (12 rnds/day), Skilled Thrower (+10ft increment to thrown weapons); RP: Lesser Hurling; Uncanny dodge
    Skills Acrobatics +3*; Climb +5*; Intimidate +8; Perception +8; Survival +6; KS (Nature) +5 *Includes -4 for armor
    Favored Class Barbarian (+1 skill pt; +1 rnd raging)
    Weapons{table=head]Weapon|Att|Dam|Crit|Rng|Wt|Type|Note
    Greataxe|+6|1d12+6|x3/20|-|12lbs|S|cold iron
    Dagger|+6|1d4+4|x2/19-20|20|1lb|P/S|Can be thrown @ +4
    Javelins x5|+4|1d6+4|x2/20|40ft|2lbs|P|-4 att in melee
    Spear x2|+6|1d8+6|x3/20|30ft|6lbs|P|Can be thrown @ +4, brace[/table]
    Armor {table=head]Item|AC|Dex|Pen|Spell|Speed|Wt
    Scale mail|+5|+3|-4|25%|20ft|25lbs[/table]
    Mundane equipment pack, bedroll, pouch, flint & steel, whetstone, waterskin x2, caltrops, fish hooks, twine (50ft), traveler's outfit, cold weather outfit, tankard, pulque wine x5, old law whiskey bottle x2, holy water x2
    Magical equipment lesser restoration potion

Spoiler: Raging Stats
    Show
    HPs 25 AC 15, Touch 10 Flat-footed 13
    Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +3, CMD/FCMD 20/19
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 13
    Skills Acrobatics +3*; Climb +7*; Intimidate +8; Perception +8 *Includes -4 for armor
    Weapon {table=head]Weapon|Att|Dam|Crit|Rng|Wt|Type|Note
    Greataxe|+8|1d12+9|x3/20|-|12lbs|S|cold iron
    Dagger|+8|1d4+6|x2/19-20|20|1lb|P/S|Can be thrown @ +4
    Javelins x5|+4|1d6+6|x2/20|40ft|2lbs|P|-4 att in melee
    Spear x2|+8|1d8+9|x3/20|30ft|6lbs|P|Can be thrown @ +4, brace[/table]
    Condition Enraged
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-02-21 at 01:20 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Vikcara checking in. I was hoping to have another primary caster to support, but I'm sure the cleric will work out.

I'll take Purple
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-08-21 at 02:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

today is hectic, I'll have my backstory up and the rest i need by the end of the night however.

I think I'll be taking blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dagda Mor, will be speaking in Red. He also prefers not to be called by name, for to him it is a title, not a name.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-08-21 at 03:34 PM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

As an aside, wasn't the Dagda Mor the lead demon in the Elfstones of Shannara? If so, I claim the Reaper as my title

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

You are the first person to recognize it. I liked the name and thought it fit for a shaper, since he'd be summoning his own minions to attack for him. I'll admit mines not that close to the real Dagda Mor, but i think i made a decent fit nonetheless.

And i'm impressed there's someone out there that recognizes the Shannara series. Its one of my favorite book series

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Oh, I love that series ... after the Lord of the Rings, it was the first series that scratched the "Epic AND engaging" itch for me. That's not to say there aren't good series out there, but the Sword of Shannara is a pivotal story in the many series I've read. I'm a little ashamed to say I haven't read ALL of them (Sword, Elfstones, Wishsong, Scions, Druid and Elf Queen only) ... but after awhile, I lost track of the novels (shame on me!).

As for recognizing the name, it so happens that the Elfstones are probably my favorite amongst the books (so much action, lots of additional fluff about the world, lots of "HOLY &*&^" moments, and even some heart-string twanging moments.

And you have no idea how many Garrett Jax wannabe's I've run into in my electronic and pen & paper gaming history.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I've yet to run into anyone else who ripped off a Shannara character. That said, i've read all but the newest one, including the word and the void series. I'll admit there's a lot. 23 as of today. Still, nice to meet someone else who actually knows anything about the series.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Okay, about to finish out the final touches for the Cleric (yes yes monkey's, the healer will be ready for gnoll-nomming soon) and as he's somewhat goofy, so Dagda might range from his full 'title' to just Dagda or Dag with Geso... not to cause IC drama, but I think it could lead to some fun dialogue hehe
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dayaz View Post
    Okay, about to finish out the final touches for the Cleric (yes yes monkey's, the healer will be ready for gnoll-nomming soon) and as he's somewhat goofy, so Dagda might range from his full 'title' to just Dagda or Dag with Geso... not to cause IC drama, but I think it could lead to some fun dialogue hehe
    Don't be surprised if you get shot in the back of the head by a 1d3 shard of crystal.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Don't be surprised if you get shot in the back of the head by a 1d3 shard of crystal.
    ...I thought he was Chaotic Good? Well, if that happens we'll see how the others react and the situation develops. Just remember, you'll need my healing too :P

EDIT:

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show

Geso was a small child when Kelmarane fell. Luckily, he wasn't there when it all happened, as his father had taken him to another temple of Sarenrae while on a pilgrimage. His mother, however, was a guard for Kelmarane, and she fell fighting the invaders. Geso didn't know of this, however, as his father told him his mother had grown ill and had died while they were on the pilgrimage.

Growing up, Geso was always more interested in helping the local doctors and clerics than playing with the other boys. He wanted to learn how to heal people, so as to keep more people from dying like he thought his mother did. When he was 13 he joined the Church of Sarenrae as a trainee, and he gained his vestments not long after turning 17, amazing his teachers with his dedication to healing anyone who needed it. He spent a few years working in the church, before his father died from a nasty fall when he was helping fix a roof for a friend. Not long after, the Abbot told him what had really happened to his mother.

While he was initially angry at his father, he found himself unable to hold the grudge and instead came to understand his father's want to protect him from knowing how his mother really died. Hearing about an expedition to reclaim Kelmarane, Geso pleaded to be able to join the trip and help keep everyone alive, and to help rebuild the Temple of Sarenrae. After he was allowed, he donned his father's old breastplate, and went to sign up for the trip.
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-08-21 at 05:49 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

A good person can still be annoyed, and the power in question is the equivalent of a hard smack to the back of the head.

15. - Top - End - #15

NecromancerGuy

And if you must kill each other, do it quietly. A TPK won't do at all
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Again, 1d3. I'm not going to do anything lethal, just smack him once in a while if he annoys me with the use of the name.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, since we're all here ... and the Mighty GM said we've been travelling together for a few days, we should probably make some introductions.

Krog (he goes by Krog ... the fallen is just a title that seems to fit, but nobody would call him that) seems sullen and haunted when sober, disinterested in the world around him. He will talk when spoken to (depending on the person), but usually doesn't initiate conversations or 'chat.' When the group stops for the evening, he will occasionally drink, but sometimes he just stares into his mug of ale pensively. Only on bad days, when there's killing (or if someone in the group were to die), does he take to the drink with a vengeance ... sometimes drinking himself to sleep. When he drinks heavily, he typically becomes touchy and grumpy (greaaaaaaaaat).

Not sure if we will have seen combat, but if so, the others would probably have seen him take a drink or two during the battle, fueling his already lengthy black rage. If not, the group will probably notice he keeps a skin of water and one of ale at his side.

Now for Krog's interactions with the others ... I'm guessing that Grace, Geso and Vikcara will introduce themselves as normal, but how will Dagda Mor intoduce himself (I can't see the sheet at work)? There might be interesting names ... Dagda ... or Mor ... or DM, perhaps? If he made no introduction at all (just started interacting with everyone in a mysterious, where-the-heck-did-that-guy-come-from sort of way), then he might get called Spooky, Shady, Weirdo, etc.

I'm thinking Krog's perspective of everyone will probably change once we're in combat, but before then, he would be of the following mindset:

Dagda Mor - 'Spooky. I don't trust that freak any further than I can chuck him, and I could probably clear 20 feet ... he'd better keep his hands inside that cloak when he's around me ...'

Vikcara - 'Oh gods, not another 'entertainer' ... is he a mime? Good, cuz I'd probably kill him and do the world a favor. Just don't let him do anything silly, like making my gold or my booze disappear. I'll take care of that.'

Geso - 'Dammit, he's annoying! I've never met somebody so up-beat ... I just want to punch him. I mean, I'm sure he means well, but some of us just want to be miserable ... stop trying to fix me!'

Grace - 'Gotta say, the girl's got the right attitude about gnolls, at least. She looks like she can handle that bow ... here's hoping she doesn't get all weepy on us. Or weird ... every seen that gleam she gets in her eyes when we start talking about dog-snouts? It's kinda creepy ... '

This are just my initial thoughts ... I figure we hash this stuff out now, so when we jump into the IC thread, we all have an idea of a starting point for our general group dynamics ... Next?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name is unnecessary. My past? None of your business. Who i am? You don't care. You don't need to trust me, just don't be a hindrance and we'll get along as well as needed."

He'll be reliable and dependable, but not exactly the nicest person you'll ever meet.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-08-21 at 05:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well played ... prepare for the not-so-flattering nicknames, me thinks ... though it's not like Krog should care too much.

Mutters ... "Dung-hole ... maybe I'll let the first dog-snout past, so I don't hinder his chance to get et ..."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

...I could see Geso trying to cheer up Krog, and eventually realizing he doesn't care... it could be fun lol. Geso would eventually offer a trade to Krog: Since Krog is both Strong, and wants to be left alone, if he carries a few things for Geso (mostly his rope in the dungeons I would think) Geso will stop trying to convert him until the town is reclaimed and the Temple and Tavern built (so they can both have a place to relax)

@Meemaas See, a hard smack wouldn't bother me or Geso all that much, but throwing a chunk of rock at him and doing actual damage he would find excessive. (especially since a d3 is potentially a third of his health gone)

EDIT: and Krog and Dagda are going to find that while Geso is a goofball most of the time, he's 100% dedicated to keeping everyone alive during a fight, and he's very serious in the fights. No goofing around in those for him, nope
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-08-21 at 05:58 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

i don't see it happening while we're level one. Even an annoyed person knows better than to half kill one of his allies when he needs them. But this isn't a game thats only going to be at level one, and at higher levels, 1d3 is a scratch at best.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    i don't see it happening while we're level one. Even an annoyed person knows better than to half kill one of his allies when he needs them. But this isn't a game thats only going to be at level one, and at higher levels, 1d3 is a scratch at best.
    yea, I was mostly worried about it happening, say, before level 4 I'd say. Plus, Geso is open to Dagda explaining/bartering to him the reason he likes having it be a title to him... though Geso will say during a fight he's getting called Dagda just because it's faster.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Here's another offer ... you stop trying to 'fix' me and I won't shove your rope up your (*^ when you're sleeping ... whaddya think?"

After days of cheerful prattling, however ... "ALRIGHT! GIVE ME THE FREAKIN' ROPE ALREADY!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    "Here's another offer ... you stop trying to 'fix' me and I won't shove your rope up your (*^ when you're sleeping ... whaddya think?"

After days of cheerful prattling however ... "ALRIGHT! GIVE ME THE FREAKIN' ROPE ALREADY!"
    rofl

to be fair, Geso does keep him alive and in good health with his healing magic

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Vikcara - 'Oh gods, not another 'entertainer' ... is he a mime? Good, cuz I'd probably kill him and do the world a favor. Just don't let him do anything silly, like making my gold or my booze disappear. I'll take care of that.'
    Vikcara is a she, although Krog may be too drunk to notice.

Vikcara is friendly and helpful kind of person. She might have paid for a round with Krog or joke around with Geso.

She is a singer and a slight of hand specialist. You might catch her singing as the caravan moves or doing small tricks to keep people entertained.

26. - Top - End - #26

NecromancerGuy

@shugyosha
    Dagda Mor is a "caster" of sorts. So you're certainly not alone on the casting front.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    Vikcara is a she, although Krog may be too drunk to notice.

Vikcara is friendly and helpful kind of person. She might have paid for a round with Krog or joke around with Geso.

She is a singer and a slight of hand specialist. You might catch her singing as the caravan moves or doing small tricks to keep people entertained.
    Geso is oh-so-relieved to find a fellow cheerful person here. On another note, Vikcara might need to try teaching Geso how to sing/play an instrument (Hymns baby, yeah!).

I'm not sure about the Ranger (whose name I still need to memorize) but (I think between Vikcara and Geso we should have enough 'face power' to keep people from being to freaked out by the 'cloaked stranger' and the 'drunkard barbarian'.

Also, since this is as far as I could tell a slightly desert campaign? am I right? I made the executive decision that Geso is always going to prepare Create Water (2 gallons a cast without end? I might just have fun with that, actually, hrm)

28. - Top - End - #28

NecromancerGuy

Definitely a desert campaign. Create Water would not go amiss.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

As a side note, The Dagda Mor can typically sustain himself by sheer force of will, and will only need water or food on a day where he's drained away all his power.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Down Comforter View Post
    @shugyosha
    Dagda Mor is a "caster" of sorts. So you're certainly not alone on the casting front.
    Is psionics a spell like ability? Just want to know if Dweomercraft will affect Dagda Mor.