Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Legacy of Fire II [OOC]

Let's see... first, I want to find a balance between grumpy and mean. Second, we still need to be functional as a team, so I'm hoping for banter with the right bit of bite

Third, I knew Vikcara was a girl<slaps head> ...I must have been thinking about someone else ... named... uh... Vickara... yeah, that's it!
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Psionics is considered spellcasting under Magic/Psionic transparency. Anything that'll effect a spell will effect a power too. Translation, if your ability will effect a spellcaster, it'll effect a psion too.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

you could always have him as snide/sarcastic instead of violently opposed to someone being cheerful lol... Not that I would mind if he stayed that way, it makes it interesting (and Geso wouldn't be hiding behind someone at all, nope)

EDIT: and for Shugyosha, Geso would be willing to help recharge that wand of yours if we're going to have time in between missions... y'know, if no one needs healing for a day when we are travelling to the next fight, he'd be will to cast some CLW into it ( I don't know how recharging wands works, but meh)
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-08-21 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't think wands could be recharged. The rules never talk about it. Although it does make sense that they should be.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't believe wands can be recharged. There are rules for recharging a staff, but not a wand, so it stands to reason that without DM ruling on the subject, they can't be recharged.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I figure it should be a DM ruling. Although I see no logical reason it shouldn't occur... but then we are dealing with magic. So it doesn't need to be logical.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

then don't ever use the last charge and Geso might be willing to front some of the spells in the creation of a new one

EDIT: He will demand a payment. It must be paid... in SONG! lol

Basically, if we have time between encounters, if it won't drain his xp, he'll cast some CLW in a wand for you and all you gotta do is sing some songs
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-08-21 at 07:35 PM.
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In regards to wands, I will allow recharging if wanted. However, you have to wait for it to run out of charges first and, if you do it yourself, you must possess the Craft Wand feat and make an appropriate Spellcraft check (as if creating a new wand).

Recharging a wand costs the same amount as making a whole new wand. If you pay someone else to do it, it costs the same amount as buying a whole new wand.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

...so to recharge her wand I would need the feat?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yup. That's the price of magic items. Keep in mind that using all the charges does not count as "losing" the item, so there wouldn't be a will. It will just be fancy stick that you don't want to lose.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that makes sense... or atleast fair. Otherwise wands become cheap spell storage with a capacity of 40 charges. Unlike staffs, which are expensive spell storage with 9 or so charges.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Any person can have the feat. It requires level three to take though, so until then we can't recharge it. On that end, The Dagda Mor would be willing to take the feat, i think i could see a reason for him to give Dorje's of Astral Construct to his allies who might be capable of passing the UMD check (AKA Vickara and maybe Geso) to allow for more loving summon support. And as for the transparency, while it would be Dorje's for his powers, he could still use the feat for wands as long as someone else supplies the spell while he does it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Both Geso and Vikcara can provide the spells.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Obviously he won't be paying to recharge the wand himself, but then, charging a wand should be a group effort, since the wand is to support the group.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

depending on how goes the group's encounters, I might apply for a cohort (via the feat of course) that would work as an off healer, so we could do it faster... Geso wouldn't be adverse to the feat, if only to put buffs in a wand he could use while healing, yeah. (wand of Bull's Strength ftw)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dayaz View Post
    depending on how goes the group's encounters, I might apply for a cohort (via the feat of course) that would work as an off healer, so we could do it faster... Geso wouldn't be adverse to the feat, if only to put buffs in a wand he could use while healing, yeah. (wand of Bull's Strength ftw)
    As with the cure wands, one person needs the feat, and he can do the crafting for others. If you want to take it, i won't.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Lets wait til we're closer to level 3 to decide about who's taking the feat, cuz I don't wanna set myself on getting it and find out I actually need Extra Channel to keep everyone alive.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, Krog will probably not take the Craft wand feat... but I'll take Cleave, if it helps!

I will say that the bonus of these discussions is it helps me take a theoretical personality and mold it into something compatible for this game.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Well, Krog will probably not take the Craft wand feat... but I'll take Cleave, if it helps!

I will say that the bonus of these discussions is it helps me take a theoretical personality and mold it into something compatible for this game.
    which is always a good thing ^^

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe I have on Vikcara's sheet the feats I'm considering for her.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

*wanders off to look at her again*

EDIT
    you do indeed. Let me gander at how I'm going to continue building Geso, but like I said, I don't want to commit to anything until I've got a few fights under our belts, so I can get a feel for our battles heh.
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-08-21 at 09:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Hit point recovery is a lot easier in Pathfinder than in 3.5, if you have a cleric available who channels positive energy.

I seriously doubt the wand's owner will need to expend many charges. But we were never guaranteed a cleric in the party, so I can't fault the choice to have the wand cast CLW.

If I may, I request that the players express character emotion through roleplay of facial expression, body language, or actual speech rather than thoughts.

I desire this because most characters don't have telepathy, so if someone narrates how his or her character thinks Grace is a jackass, I have no legitimate way to respond. It's all internal, you see.

On the other hand, a scowl or aggressive body language can be responded to.

Examples:

X: Grace is an overbearing jackass. I hate her and want her dead.

X scowled at Grace and put his hand on his dagger, drawing it an inch out of its sheath.

I hope the above request makes sense.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

just remember that not everyone shows what they feel/think, so if in example, and only example, if Geso wanted to slap grace for something, he could just do a Bluff or something and keep smiling at her and plan to hit her latter.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dayaz View Post
    just remember that not everyone shows what they feel/think, so if in example, and only example, if Geso wanted to slap grace for something, he could just do a Bluff or something and keep smiling at her and plan to hit her latter.
    Understood.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Hi, everyone. Um, I have to ask this question:

If I happened to discover what some might consider a medium flaw in how your character was written up, would you prefer that I keep it to myself, or that I mention it immediately so that it can be fixed as soon as possible?

In my case, I'd prefer to be told. But I'm a purist. Not everyone likes unsolicited advice.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Speak up! Or at least ask the question ... Unless it lowers MY power level!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Thanks, Starbin.

I'll wait for the opinions of others before I decide whether to mention it or not.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frivolous View Post
    If I may, I request that the players express character emotion through roleplay of facial expression, body language, or actual speech rather than thoughts.

I desire this because most characters don't have telepathy, so if someone narrates how his or her character thinks Grace is a jackass, I have no legitimate way to respond. It's all internal, you see.

Examples:

X: Grace is an overbearing jackass. I hate her and want her dead.

X scowled at Grace and put his hand on his dagger, drawing it an inch out of its sheath.

I hope the above request makes sense.
    I agree with both you and Dayaz ... I see these board games as more of an opportunity to collaborate on a story, vice the pure RP interaction you get from a table-top. So, there's a time when it should be obvious, and there's a time when it's appropriate to be 'behind the scenes' as it were.

Ex.

As the group finally reached the end of their desert trek, the Dagda Mor swept past the others to drink from the single waterskin, almost draining it before tossing it at the others.

Grace scowled, fingering the tip of one of her arrows as she contemplated impaling the man where he stood.

Vikcara waved her fingers, humming to herself, then laughed aloud as the Dagda Mor leapt up, shocked from the jolt she had sent his way.

Krog stomped into the tent, glanced at the nearly empty waterskin and the obviously sated Dagda Mor and started towards the man with murder in his eye. "Dat's it! I'm done letting this clown live! I'm squeezing the water outta him!"

Geso stepped between the two, raising his hands up. "Wait! Look up there!" Krog stopped, glancing up, just in time for the aasimar to conjur water ... right above his head.

The Dagda Mor watched impassively, his hooded gaze gauging everyone's reaction. He released the breath he had been holding in silently, glad the cleric had once again served his purpose, acting true to norm. But would this always be the case?

That's just my perspective ...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend to do both. My thought bubbles are used to provoke OOC discussion.

Although a friend of mine believes that thought bubbles are free game to use as the body or face will manifest something and the use of thought bubbles is short hand for not-advanced writer/gamers who just can't find a way to express themselves.

If someone wrote their character thought Vikcara was being a jackass, I would start backing off and assume that the player was getting annoyed at me.

Hi, everyone. Um, I have to ask this question:

If I happened to discover what some might consider a medium flaw in how your character was written up, would you prefer that I keep it to myself, or that I mention it immediately so that it can be fixed as soon as possible?

In my case, I'd prefer to be told. But I'm a purist. Not everyone likes unsolicited advice.
    Yeah, I've found myself in that position. I usually ask them about it in OOC thread. 50% of the time it ends up being something I never thought of. Although I didn't do it one time because the player in question didn't get along with me so I just kept my mouth shut for the sake of group cohesion.

For myself I'm find if you tell me.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    If someone wrote their character thought Vikcara was being a jackass, I would start backing off and assume that the player was getting annoyed at me.
    I would assume the same thing, which is one reason why I am leery of thought bubbles. The uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    Yeah, I've found myself in that position. I usually ask them about it in OOC thread. 50% of the time it ends up being something I never thought of. Although I didn't do it one time because the player in question didn't get along with me so I just kept my mouth shut for the sake of group cohesion.

For myself I'm find if you tell me.
    Thank you.