New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Fighting fifth: Blaquiere Campaign

Extract taken from Holmes' The Travellers Guide to the Planets of the Ultima Sector (39th ed.)

Blaquiere; A pleasant enough world. Composed of Three continents seperated by oceans of hazardous fog. The majority of human life is found on the Northern Continent, the site of the planetary capital. Its main exports are fruit based liquers and Artistic works. The planet is famed for its number of artists again mostly found on the northern continent, altough with a seperate rougher school is found on the western continent. The quality of artwork produced is unimpressive. A pleasant enough world to visit, but not worth the fare compared to other pleasure worlds such as Iax or Baltinglass.

Col Sicarius Vassar stands at the podium in front of you. The regimental leaders stand beside him and the regimental colours have been unfurled for the occaision. The Colonel is know almost as much for his temper as his habit of leading from the Front. The entire regiment stands to attention in front of him, a sea of blue uniforms. He begins to speak.

All Right Seabirds. Four months ago the planet of Blaquiere fell to forces of the enemy. I'm told its pronounced "Black-Wire" not "Black-ee-er". Open rebellion arose from nowhere on an otherwise calm world, It seems the rebellion began amoungst the ranks of the Nobility and the PDF. Vassar, like many Guardsman holds both nobles and PDF members in lower regard than Heretics.

We've been sent to bring her back. The Southern continent and a number of its surrounding islets have stayed loyal to the throne and we'll be launching our attack from there. Its the middle of Storm season- they think they're safe for now, but they didn't reckon on the Sons and Daughters of Talassar. We eat storms for breakfast.

The plan of attack is as follows. The regiment will be dropping onto the nearest city to the southern edge of the northern Continent, it's called Blanchardston. I'm informed the citizens there are still loyal to the throne and view enemy forces as occupiers, so check your fire. Its our job to take and hold the star port until releived. This will allow us to land heavier re-inforcements from the Pardian Armoured and the Votigeurian Dragoons.

Four hours before the drop 5th platoon will be dropping at Cabra Point. This is an area where the enemy have concentrated their air defences. It'll be their job to take out the enemy defences to allow the invasion go ahead. Make no mistake the invasion WILL go ahead, but if these defences are not down many Seabirds will never see Talassar again. 5th Platoon I will personally kick every one of your arses in this eventuality even if I have to March out of Hell to do so.

I see we have been met with a larger than normal contingent from the Commissariat. Have no Fear- Seabirds don't run, if we aren't surrounded then somethings gone wrong.

First To Drop
    Here the regiment joins in with one voice

Last to Leave.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-08-21 at 12:50 PM.
    Thanks to Mazeburn for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Invasion -5 Hours.

You stand in your C-94 Equestrel Drop lander with the rest of 5th Platoon. The sound of the storm rattling the plane is the only noise. The only light is the red light at the tail. Light and Noise discipline are in effect as this mission is currently desginated a stealth drop until orders change. Lt Sharon Telion stands at the rear of the lander.

Check your Drop Buddies gear and pass the all clear down the line. Do not move up to the Drop line until the light changes to Green. First Squad will be jumping first. Second squad will then jump five minutes later. My squad will be jumping with third squad. If any of you get separated the recognition code is "Night" the correct responce is "Fog". When you have destroyed your designated enemy Gun emplacement vox it to me and I'll vox the All clear to HQ, Do you understand?

The light soon turns green. First squad waddle up to the door straining under the weight of their Grav-chutes. They jump out and are instantly swallowed by the darkness. 5 minutes tick by, so slowly they feel longer than basic training. You edge up to the Door, wait your turn and jump.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-08-23 at 03:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

The flight had been quiet as Rook and Austin had sat towards the nose of the lander. "Best armoured and least likely to snap" Babe had assured Rook as the Cpl had waddled aboard with the massive gyro mounted autocannon. The hip holster with the stub six-shooter the only back-up he possessed.

Watching the 1st squad jump and still not feeling the whistling explosions of chaff and the crack of heavy las emplacements he breathed easy. At least it wouldn't be as bad as Orbus VII. "Easy Drop at least eh?" he muttered under his breath to Austin - the 6' 4" trooped with long blonde hair and glittered face paint underneath the mask his assigned loader. "No Problem Rook. THey haven't started shooting yet." Rook grunted slightly in acknowledgement as 2nd squad slowly shuffled to their feet and approached the square of darkness that marked the back of the drop craft.

At the whispered "Drop" from Tellion he leant forward and stepped out plunging into the blackness as he'd been trained to do. "I love the Emperor... I love the Emperor... each prayer marking off some 2000ft before he hit the button on the grav harness and the dull blue light flared choking his body as it yanked him to a slow 40mph as he crash landed onto the grass between the heavy trees. Austin landed nearby - his silihoutte glowing in the photovisor. "Won't be any trees left when the big guns get here eh?". Rook smiled back - though behind the visor and respirator who could tell.

Scanning the area he shrugged off the heavy grav chute and took up position at the base of a large tree scanning for targets as the rest of the squad landed nearby. The square shape of the buildings the target of immediate scrutiny...

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness (1d100)[100] TN 15 from untrained use. Modified by the photovisors...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Cpl Gant and Cpl Symonne look outside of the helicopter before falling out, they fall through the sky, Symonne screaming the whole way. Symonne lands relatively safely, but Gant nearly hits a tree, but the luck of the Emperor was with him and he lands safely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burn a Fate Point on his Operate check.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson opens her eyes. Her mind reels with disorientation, her body aching from head to toe. She felt dizzy. What had happened? She remembered jumping out of the transport, popping her chute, and then... nothing.

There was rain falling around her. Or rather, rising. Wait, why was the rain falling up? Why was her gear being pulled towards the sky?

Oh. She was upside down. In a tree.

"Dammit!" the battle-hardened Commissar hisses, struggling to untangle herself from her grav-chute.

After a moment of wrestling with her harness, she finally wrenches herself free - and topples rather ingloriously down the rest of the tree, smacking several branches on the way down and knocking more than a few leaves and sticks loose.

She soon finds herself sprawled out in the grass, her body feeling like one giant bruise. She can feel a small trickle of blood running down the side of her face, but she ignores it for the time being. By an Emperor-blessed stroke of luck, she spots her Commissariat hat laying a few feet off to the right. She crawls over to it, wipes a few leaves off of it, and places it back on her head.

She then looks around, and tries to catch her bearings and spot the rest of her team. She also mentally notes that if any of her men make a snark about her getting stuck in a tree, she'll have them officially flogged, and then unofficially beaten.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

The muscle bound shaven headed man and his blonde companion look up as the trees fill with Sea birds in crunching impacts that send wood and fruit flying everywhere. As they land Rook nods and Babe picks up the commissars peaked hat waiting for her to get down.

When she does Rook nods, pointing north. farmhouse some 200m away. Not seen anyone moving yet.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Barely has Vance "landed" than he has drawn his heavy combat knife and started hacking at the grav-chute's straps. Three chops breaks the main strap, and Vance drops the final meter to the ground with a little more control and poise than his previous attempt.

"Status update." he barks. "Everyone still alive down here? Rook, gant, guns ready, we might have made a noise. Symonds, find the Commissar. We got one minute, then we move out."

Vance glances uneasily at the grav-chute still in the trees. That would be visible for kilometres.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imperial Historians would not later record this drop as one of the Seabird's greatest insertions. High winds had scattered the troops away from intended drop zones and several injuries were sustained on landing. Fortunately the sounds of the high winds managed to cover much of the noise of the landing.

Most of second squad found themselves in an Orchard of a small farm complex. They could just about make out some buildings through the trees- smaller closer than the large ones- roughly 100 meters away.

Lights stabbed out through the darkness as second squad consolidated its drop. Three figures could be seen walking out through a gap between the buildings with lamppacks in their hands. Two went to fill cans with fuel from a large fuel storage unit, the third seemed more spooked. He started to walk towards the unit sweeping the beam of his lamppack back and forth through the trees. He hadn't seen anything but he was clearly looking for something.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's spooked by the noise, has yet to see the gravchute.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-08-29 at 06:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Cpl Gant and Cpl Symonne watch the Commissar fall through the trees, Symonne opens his mouth and then shuts it when the Commissar has an angry look on her face as she gets up.

Gant:Are you all right Commissar? I can help you up if you want.

Gant smirks at the Commissar's misfortune, but makes sure the Commissar can't see it.
    My extended signature.
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Claudia Tertius, Combat Medic

Claudia has had better openings to missions than catching a tree with her face. Admittedly, there had been far worse, but flubbing the first drop of a campaign was not, in her mind, a very good omen. Not to mention, of course, that between herself and the commissar, the Fighting Fifth had ensured anything short of a blind ork could notice their drop.

Sighing, Claudia pulled a scalpel from her medikit and began the process of cutting herself down. Traditionally, the regulation-issue "Screaming Eagle" combat knife would be used for this duty, and was indeed specialized for it, but Claudia had a love of scalpels, most particularly hers.

It had been enough to worry her professor when she was still in training to be a surgeon. Throne, that had been a difficult discussion to get out of.

Claudia unslung her shotgun (another beloved possession, but not enough that it deserved the reverence she gave her medikit's sharper instruments) and dropped down to the ground, as stealthily as she could.

Tarquin, bless his little heart, was already right next to her, ready for duty as official corpse-mover and scalpel-holder. Claudia realized she hadn't paid too much attention to his drop. In fairness, she had been trying to avoid the tree.

"Everything accounted for?" She hissed at him.

"Would I risk your wrath otherwise?" He replied.

"Fair enough," She shrugged, and looked to Sergeant Vance "Do we have anyone who needs medical attention yet?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

At the flicker of the lamp jacks Rook and Austin wave a hand forward; the harsh whisper still quieter than the subtle landings made by the rest of the squad.

"Contact forward Sgt. Engaging..." the words rapidly punctuated by the heavy roar of the autocannon as the massive rounds punch towards the two heretics by the fuel storage unit seeking to tear them apart...

Spoiler
    Show

Half action Brace
    Half action Semi-auto burst
    attack (1d100)[86] TN 45+10short+5comrade+30 unaware = 80
    Hit 1 on heretic 1: (3d10+8)[21] PEN 6
    Hit 2 on heretic 2: (3d10+8)[27] PEN 6
    Hit 3 on heretic 3: (3d10+8)[32] PEN 6

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson

Commissar Larkson narrows her eyes at the unit gathering around here. Was this everyone? A rag-tag handful of troopers? Well isn't that simply glorious.

When Corporal Gant offers her assistance, she waves him off. "I'm fine. Where is the Sergeant? Did he land with us?"

Her question is answered as she hears Sergeant Vance snarling orders from a couple of trees over. "Ah, excellent." She begins to stride over towards him, idly adjusting her combat harness, sash, and other personal effects so that she maintains her proper appearance of control and authority, even if it's barely visible in the dark.

"Sergeant," she quietly addresses the Sarge as she approaches him. "While this is certainly not the best insertion I have ever witnessed, it is certainly salvageable. We need to gather and organize your men, in order to operate cohesively and at full Imperial standards. Noise discipline should be-"

Before she can even finish that suggestion, the roar of an autocannon reverberates from a few yards over. "Throne damn it!" she hisses. Well, there goes whatever was left of the element of surprise.

She quickly draws her bolt pistol, holding it aloft in her right hand while keeping her left hand free. "We're in it now, boys and girls!" she barks, her voice a mixture of stern authority and excited zeal. Striding forward towards the front of the jumbled squad, she waves her left hand forward, urging them to unite in the offensive. "Follow your orders! Maintain cohesion! Fight like the Emperor's Eyes are upon you, because they damn well are!"

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d10+4)[8]

Half action - Draw weapon
    Half action - Move towards the orchard

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace Colber

Jace Colber was the last in the drop line. Again. It seemed to him the sergeant didn't want him to jump too soon, like on Sraltor VII. Throne, that was one of the most stupid things he'd ever done. That didn't make it any less fun. He comforted himself with a commonly known fact- you always save the best for last.

Jace looked over at the Rookie. He looked nervous, and maybe a little airsick. He reached forward and tapped... Emperor, what was his name... Mordecai! That's it. He tapped Mordecai on the shoulder and whispered "How you holding up? Well, I dunno. Seems a little strange to me, jumping in this storm.

Then the first guy from his squad jumped. More like fell. Nobody understood the fine art of the drop. Everyone shuffled forward and off, until it was just Mordecai and him left on the ship. Mordecai paused before the edge, clearly having second thoughts. Jace just pushed him out of bay. Smiling as the rookie flailed to right himself in the air. Jace jumped after him, taking the time to fully appreciate the wind rushing against him as he fell. This is what he lived for. The thrill that nothing, not even combat, could replicate. He saw the wind blow the others into the trees. Amateurs.

He directed himself to an open field. He rolled on landing, quickly unhooking the pack as he did so. He looked around for his squad, and found Mordecai coming in fast near him. A little too fast. As he hit the ground, Mordecai was unable to right himself, and slid on his face for a few feet. Jace rushed to help him, glad to find that there were no bad injuries. With a few hand signals, he and Mordecai headed towards the orchard, weapons at the ready.

Suddenly a huge racket. Somebody was unleashing a fusilade with an autocannon, just ahead. They ran a little closer, calling in a whisper "Night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Fog. Frost. Whatever, just get over here."

Vance was already moving, however, leaping over to the autocannon team and delivering a hefty slap to the face of the operator. As Rook stumbles backwards with a split lip, Vance follows him, hissing furiously.

"Corporel, no matter what the damn situation you follow my orders, you hear me? You do NOT go active without my say, you do NOT open fire without my say, and you most especially do NOT bring the hammer of the emperor down upon a pair of unarmed dairy frakking farmers without my say, you hear me?"

A steadying deep breath.

"Move up on the farmhouse, quick snap. We check the farmhouses for hostiles, then commander the frakking van and get the hell out of here, you hear me. Subtlety just got shot in the head with a heavy calibre."

This was ****e. But not unsalvageable. For now, get away from the noise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. (Please understand I mean no OOC offence whatsoever.) But one of us has misread this situation. I'll edit this post if it turns out to be me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heavy shots ring out through the night. They miss the figures at the large oil drum but penetrate it, puncturing the drum on both sides. Oil starts to pour out from the drum. The two figures at the drum are caught by suprise. They drop their cans and hit the ground, one makes a break for it to the farm shouting, the other hugs the ground.

Lights burst on in the yard of the farm and you can hear the sounds of yelling and running. It sounds like many booted feet.

The man with the lamppack drops to his knees and pulls something from beneath his coat. You can see now from the light of the farm he's wearing a helmet. He starts to fire towards the heavy weapon.
    Heavy shots ring out through the night. They miss the figures at the large oil drum but penetrate it, puncturing the drum on both sides. Oil starts to pour out from the drum. The two figures at the drum are caught by suprise. They drop their cans and hit the ground, one makes a break for it to the farm shouting, the other hugs the ground.

Lights burst on in the yard of the farm and you can hear the sounds of yelling and running. It sounds like many booted feet.

The man with the lamppack drops to his knees and pulls something from beneath his coat. You can see now from the light of the farm he's wearing a helmet. He starts to fire towards the the stream of fire but has difficulty making out its source. The shots go wide.

Spoiler
    Show

Semi auto burst v Rook
    (1d100)[81] v 15 (-10 dark, -10 trees)
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-08-30 at 06:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

"Too High" -Austins' words following the blast of heavy shells that punch through the fuel tank with a loud roar. The split lip as the Sarge arrives does nothing but fuel Rook's silent contempt before he ducks down behind the trees as the return fire slaps into the foliage around him.

"How about bnow sarge?" the words punctuated by the heavy barrel swinging towards the renegade in the open. Even as the trees ripple with the fire he levels the autocannon and cranks the firing handle as more fire pours out towards the isolated man. His body and Austin's body pressed agains the trees that have provided such a convienent cruch for the cannon.

As the other two scurry for cover he shouts over to the sarge... "Watch the fuel truck - light her up if more come out the gate Sir."

Spoiler
    Show

Continue to take cover form behind the tree (ideally legs/body and left arm)
    Half Action Aim
    Half Action
    semi-auto (1d100)[9]TN 70 (45+10+10-10+5)
    Hit 1: (3d10+8)[19] PEN6
    Hit 2: (3d10+8)[23] PEN6
    Hit 3: (3d10+8)[26] PEN6

Grrr- stupid forum and this is my 5th attempt to post the same dammned message!

EDIT: I think that is legs/ legs/ body for the 3 hits. Poor little guy!
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-08-30 at 04:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace Colber

Jace heard the response, and shook his head in dissapointment. Now the enemy were beginning to fire back, whoever they were. He motioned at Mordecai, and whispered loudly "We're moving up!

He sprinted forwards Running up as far as he could before sliding into cover. By the fact that the enemy returned fire so quickly assured he had backup. Of course, they were dealing with the Archenemy, so a combatant might do something stupid like that. He slid into cover behind a tree, pleased to see Mordecai running after him. Of course, he wasn't as fast as Jace. Few were.

Spoiler
    Show
    Running 24 meters forwards, and then taking cover behind a tree.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson sprints through the orchard, moving to quickly close the distance between herself and the shooter. Firing now would be a tactical blunder - she'd be hard pressed to hit anything, and the report of the bolt pistol would expose her as an authoritative figure and make her the most viable target. And for this operation, they needed their Commissar. If not for her authority and discipline, than for the purposes discussed in the pre-mission Commissariat briefing.

"Move, troopers! Move! The Enemy lies before you, and the Saints are at your back! Do not falter, do not flinch! The Emperor's Eyes are upon us all - do not be found wanting!" she barks as she runs through the orchard, slightly zig-zagging as she goes to throw off the enemies aim, before finally skidding to a halt and throwing herself against the trunk of one of the trees. Valeria takes a second to flick the safety off of her bolt pistol, and waits a brief moment for the right chance to strike.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Round Move down the orchard, trying to get as close as possible to the enemy trooper, before ending movement in cover behind a tree.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

As the fire starts whickering down the orchard, Vance curses under his breath. Well, at least I was right about the noise discipline.

"Up and at them, ladies and gents. Close the distance, in the name of the emperor."

Spoiler
    Show
    Same as the others, Full move up the map, taking cover athe end.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

A stream of shots bifurcuriates the enemy firing at the squad, first blowing his left leg off, then his right.

The squad move up slipping through the trees at varying speeds tyring to avoid slipping on the rotten fruit that litters the ground.

The man at the oil tank draws a side arm and starts to fire at the nearest seabird but the dark and the range spoils his aim. You can hear the sharp crack of a stub automatic. This is shortly joined by a higher louder crack. From somewhere the distinctive flash of a long las shot streaks towards the squad. Cpl Symmone's upper left arm takes a devastaing wound

Spoiler
    Show
    enemy sniper (d100)[3] v 35 +20 aim = 10 short range -20 night and trees (45) at Gantz Attilus

This is joined by the sound of breaking glass and the bark of a heavy stubber. Bright rounds fly through the trees. Leaves and branches start to fall and rounds whistle close by your ears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heavy stubber (suppressing fire) (d100)[82] v 35 +10 loader support -20 n+Ts

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, son of a frakker, that's a sniper." Claudia shouted, in an effort to be heard over the sound of the firefight "Tarquin! Keep your head down. I need someone to carry the bodies."

"What?" Tarquin roared back, unable to hear over the roar of the heavy stubber.

Claudia grinned like a feral hopped up on stimms, hefted her shotgun, and charged, staying behind cover as much as she could.

"For the Emperor!" She screamed, although she made it sound more like "Show me what the insides of your intestines look like!" Immediately realizing that she might have just drawn the sniper's attention, Claudia ducked behind a nearby tree, hoping that she hadn't drawn the attention of the sniper.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for taking so long to post. Anyway, full move.

Pinning (1d100)[20]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Hidden behind the tree, Vance barely glanced as a ricochet peppered his leg with splinters.

"Orders ain't changed, gentlemen, we just have to be a little smarter about it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Half action ready las pistol and chainsword. If possible, another half action move up, to another tree.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

Rook instinctively ducked down behind the tree as the heavy stubber and sniper unloaded on his companions. Watching as one of the Seabirds fell back and the first panicked scream of "medic" echoed across the orchard.

Austin looked up whispering a few words to Rook, "2nd floor window 3 - take him" as the heavy gun moved up towards the 2nd floor a shout to the distant sarge - "I'll get that MG sarge" before he opens fire at the green lined human shape in the window punctuated by glowing rounds of tracer fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Half action aim
    Half action semi-auto at the Heavy stubber
    (1d100)[40] TN 55-10+10+10+5 = 70

Ammo Used 9/20 (20)(20)

2 shots to the head 18 and 24 damage both PEN6

Last edited by DrK; 2012-08-31 at 04:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson peeks around the tree, and takes stock of the situation. "Forward positions, concentrate fire on the MG and sniper! Give the stragglers cover fire so they can catch up to us!"

She eyes the window where she thinks she saw the muzzle-flash of the sniper's shot. She studies it for a moment, before leaning out, leveling her pistol with the window, and cracking off a shot.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack roll: (1d100)[33] vs 45 (BS 35 + 10 standard attack + 10 (aim) + 10 range - 20 (trees and dark))
    Damage: (2d10b1)[2][8](10)+5 (Pen 4)

I ~think~ that's 13 damage at Pen 4.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-08-31 at 10:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace Colber

Jace peeked around the tree. It looked like he was just out of auspex range. He hurries forward to another tree, staying low. He wouldn't let these amateurs get the best of him. He called back to the rest of the team.Trawling! The others would know that he was in auspex range, and would soon have a good mark on their positions and numbers. It was just another piece of battlefield brevity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical advance forward 8 meters. Hope you don't mind me adding a bit of tactical speech. Tried to model it after the regimental name, Seabirds. Please tell me if this is out of line. I just figured we could flesh out the regiment a bit more.
    Last edited by Ninjabob; 2012-09-01 at 03:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon being fired upon Symonne nearly screams, being an outright coward and the presence of a Commissar being the only thing keeping him from making a run for it.

Gantz is rather calm about being fired upon, but his reflexes make him bolt and he uses that to aum himself towards some cover so that he can draw a weapon

Symonne takes a shot in his arm and then bolts, following Gantz to cover.

Spoiler
    Show
    Order to move to Symonne following Gantz to cover.
    Symonne is wounded, one bit of damage and he dies.
    Half action for Gantz to move to cover, Symonne is following
    Another half action for Gantz to draw his Meltagun.
    Last edited by Hazzardevil; 2012-09-02 at 04:48 AM.
    My extended signature.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

The machine gun operators risked a quick peak over the lintle of their window. Incoming fire punished them both for this small mistake, heavy rounds taking them both in their only exposed body part the head. Their bodies collapsed back onto the pile of spent cartridges that littered the floor of their upper room.

A bolt streaked in through the window of the upper bell tower. The sniper- nothng more than a shadowy outline disappeared from view although his rifle fell foward out of the window, sliding down the red roof tiles before ultimately getting stuck in the guttering.

Seeing the overwhelming display of firepower the trooper at the oil drum darts back into the farm complex. You hear the slamming of a metal door and desperate attempts to start an engine.

This leaves the way clear for the squad to move up into cover behind the meter high walls at the edge of the farm complex.

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show
    The yard is ten meters wide, so it'll be 12 meters from the wall to the building. This area is lit up -darkness and trees modifiers no longer apply. That said any enemies left are on overwatch
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-09-03 at 03:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

"Moving" Rook shouts as he begins the slow run to catch up with the rest of the squad as they push through the trees. Pausing every 15-20m to scan the front of the farm buildings through his photo-visor. "Good shooting" Austin mutters. "Fish in a barrel" Rook replies without a smile as he stares at the dark windows lest another sniper or machine gunenr open up once more.

Reaching the walls he takes a breather - the heavy weight of the autocannon getting tiring from the short run. Peeking around at the farm gates he looks back to the Sarge. "What now Sarge?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice shooting, seabirds. Trawl'em, Colber."

Spoiler
    Show
    Reserving actions until Jayce has scanned for any further hostiles.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Commissar grins triumphantly as she watches the sniper's weapon tumble from his nest. "Good riddance," she states, before leaning back behind the tree and turning her gaze to the rest of the squad. "Regroup while Colber scans! The the Sergeant gives his order, every single one of you damn well better be ready to go! Slip up now, and I'll expedite your judgement before the Throne!" she barks fiercely.

Spoiler
    Show

Holding off until we know what we're dealing with.