New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Jace Colber

Jace scurries up to the wall. Thankfully the rest of the squad dealt with the most apparent enemies. He pulls out his auspex, and as he mutters the prayer of activation, he looks up at Mordecai. For his first taste of combat, he seemed to be taking it pretty well. They could make a fine Seabird out of him yet. He returns his attention to the auspex, and begins his scan...

Spoiler
    Show
    Scrutiny test for auspex
    (1d100)[56]v30
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

The auspex was having difficulty picking up clear signals, possibly its war spirit had been angered by the drop. Colber was able to pick up multiple contacts but was unable to detect heat signatures, consequently he couldn't pick up what was flesh and what was metal

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cos you failed the test I won't tell you what is what, but you can probably make a good guess. The dead don't show up here- Ninja bob, I've had the same problem before, but for the sake of narrative will you please delete the second post.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-09-04 at 12:43 PM.
    Thanks to Mazeburn for the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace Colber

He presents his findings to the team. At most 6 guys in the building ahead of us. There could be a vehicle in the building to the North-East. There is something in the building to the east, but I can't make it out. Sorry, not getting as clear readings as I should.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson raises her bolt pistol, and peers around the tree towards the farmhouse. "Sergeant, I believe that if a fire-team rushed them under covering fire, we can take the farmhouse with minimum casualties. We may have enough cover from darkness to throw off their aim, but the use of a smoke grenade or two would not be deemed wanton waste in this situation. I volunteer to lead the assault personally, but I leave the final decision and command to your authority."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Move up, regroup on the wall."

Once everyone has arrived, Vance continues. "Commissar's got it. Me, her, Colber, Mordechai and Lewis will pop smoke and head for the farmhouse door. Trawl shows three contacts in that room, six at most so I reckon that should do it. I think there's one in the car, i'll take him. Rook, Gantz, Austin, Symonds, covering fire. Watch the windows. Claudia: Can you leave Symonds? If so, come with us.

Anyone who can spare a second, chuck a frag-egg in through the windows to the left."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lewis is my comrade: I forgot I had one.

Will the meltagun be accurate and damaging against the windows at this range?

Once that's confirmed/ suggestions are made, we can move up.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2012-09-06 at 10:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Depends" Claudia deadpans. "On how much of his arm you want him to have at the end of the day. I can leave him with Tarquin, keep him from busting an artery."

"Do I get a-"

"No."

"Yes ma'am." Tarquin pauses. "Symmond, get over here, I'll try to keep you from getting too dead until Claudia has enough downtime to stitch you up."

"Good boy." Claudia hefts her shotgun and grins, "I'm ready to kill someone, sir. Preferably soon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

The heavy looks at the Sarge nodding at the orders. "Aye Sarge." he turns over to his loader - "Austin, stay close. I'll be needing the next belt." Austin nods, his normal inane grin replaced with a grim look. "I'll be right here.."

Rook smiles and nods ready to lean aorund the corner and blow holes in any enemy that appears to wall or window...

Spoiler
    Show

When the others go he'll essentially just ready to Semi-Auto the first bad guy he sees...
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Ready?" Vance asked. "On my order... now."

Without waiting for a response Vance swung himself over the high fence and charged forward, Firing his shotgun into the face and chest of the driver of the vehicle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half move, shotgun blast.

(1d100)[86] vs 39+30 for point blank range = 69 Rerolled with fate because those were some lovely damage rolls. Got a one.
    (1d100)[44] for the driver to dodge.
    (1d10+4)[13] damage
    (1d10+4)[14] Additional damage from "Scatter"
    (1d10+4)[10]
    (1d10+4)[7]

I'm acting on the presumption that one of you is throwing smoke to cover me. Results in OOC: he's splattered.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2012-09-07 at 02:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson spins out from behind the tree, and sprints towards the farmhouse. "Come on, you dogs!" she snarls to the men behind her. If she makes any visual contact with the enemy before getting to the building, she will level her bolt pistol with them and fire off a shot without hesitation.

However, if Valeria does not see any enemy troopers, she will instead shoot the door itself as she approaches it. The logic behind this move?

Bolt shells detonate a fraction of a second after impact. The bolt shell will punch through the wood door without much pause, and then detonate shortly after passing through. If there are any enemy troopers on the other side of the doorway waiting in ambush, they will very quickly find themselves dealing with a small blast of shrapnel and wood splinters. It may not prove lethal, but it will hopefully surprise or disorient them, allowing the troopers to easily enter and overwhelm them.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Move towards the farmhouse.

IF ENEMY IS SEEN:
    Half action: Shoot 'em. (1d100)[31] vs 55 (BS 35 + 10 standard attack + 10 close)
    Damage: Highest of (1d10+5)[9] OR (1d10+5)[6], Pen 4

IF NO ENEMY SEEN:
    HAlf action: Shoot through the dead center of the door.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jace Colber

Jace takes a moment to comfort Mordechai, who is starting to get fidgety again. This consists of a hearty slap on the back and a wink. Jace pulls out a grenade and charges out towards the house, following the commissar. Speaking of which, he didn't mind the view...

The shots she fires from her bolt pistol change his mind. Quickly. He didn't want to die young. Speaking of which, he had a grenade in hand. He chucks the egg as ordered. Now was not the time to screw around.

Spoiler
    Show
    The grenade BS test (1d100)[64] v 43
    Damage (2d10)[14] pen 0

I hope you don't mind, rolling scatter, just in case (1d10)[8]
    And scatter distance(1d5)[4]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Symonne and Gantz follow hot on the heels of the commissar, with Gantz firing off a shot at the door the commissar shot at.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Move after the Commissar

If an Enemy is spotted, priority people behind the door, but someone outside if seen:
    Half action: Laser the Heretics. (1d100)[31] vs 55 (BS 48 + 10 standard attack + 10 close)
    Damage: (2d10+10)[29] E.

IF NO ENEMY SEEN:
    HAlf action: Shoot at the wall to the right of the door.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

Rook follows a fraction after the others. Austin leaning forward to hold the fornt of the barrel. Seeing the others moving forwards and the shapes at the windows the heavy cheerfully depressed the trigger sending a string of massive shells at the enemies as the tank busting shells forced them to seek cover...

Spoiler
    Show

Move to the edge of the gate and unleash the fury on the 3 at the window...

Half action: Move
    Half action: Semi-auto burst at the window
    (1d100)[78] TN 55+5+10-30=50
    - damage (3d10+8)[30] PEN 6
    - damage (3d10+8)[23] PEN 6
    - damage (3d10+8)[22] PEN 6

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

A cannister sails out from behind the fence, landing between the truck and the window panel. As it begins to belch out crimson smoke, a voice shouts

" Now."

A trio burst out towards the door. the enemy troopers were waiting for something like this and start to take snap shots at them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy 1 (d100)[80] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Sgt Petrel
    (Damage (1d10+3)[6]pen 0Damage (1d10+3)[5]pen 0)
    Enemy 2 (d100)[1] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Commissar Larkson
    (Damage (1d10+3)[4]pen 0Damage (1d10+3)[5]pen 0)
    Enemy 3 (d100)[62] v 25 (semi auto 35 +10 for range-20 for smoke) v Cpl Gantz
    (Damage (1d10+3)[10]pen 0Damage (1d10+3)[6]pen 0)

Commissar Larkson Leads the charge, and as an authority figure is the most obvious target. She takes a number of hits but faith in the Emperor and in 1.5 inch flexweave combat armour sees her through. She fires a shot through the main doorway of the farm house.

With a crunch the truck driver manages to find the right gear and the truck begins to pull away.Shots whistle past Sgt Petrel and kick up the mud around him. He jinks through them and jumps onto the running boards of the truck. Steadying himself with his left hand on the roof of the truck he fires his shotgun one handed into the cab. At such close range the damage is devastating.

Cpl Gantz follows with shots flying all round him. A burst from his meltagun eats the wood surrounding the door's hinges. It falls and inside can be seen an officer and another soldier. They are still sitting stunned at a large metal radio which only seconds before had been permanently deactivated by the Commissar's bolt.

Cpl Rook attempts to provide covering fire but the shots go high and wide as he did not have time to brace his weapon.

The three troopers behind the window frame continue to pour fire out, until a grenade thrown by Colber briefly lights up the crimson smoke and their guns fall silent.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-09-10 at 09:24 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson doesn't let a few glancing las beams slow her down. The Imperial officer continues to sprint towards the enemy, a feral snarl upon her lips.

Without hesitation, the Commissar leaps through the hole in the wall blasted by Gantz's melta. As she soars through the impromptu portal, she roars "FOR THE EMPEROR!!" Before her boots even hit the floor, she levels her bolt pistol with the enemy officer and puts a round right between his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

Half action: Move into building
    Half action: Shoot the enemy officer in the face to prove a point

Called Shot: (1d100)[19] vs 65 (BS 35 + 10 (single shot) + 30 (point blank) - 10? (called shot))
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14] or (1d10+5)[9] Pen 4

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Gant fires 2 shots with his melta gun at the truck.

Spoiler
    Show

Half-action: Shoot the truck with the meltagun
    Half-action: Shoot the truck with the meltagun
    My extended signature.
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

The commissar dashes into the farm house and uncermoniously executes the
    officer. Seeing his commanders brains spread evenly across the wall the remaining trooper throws down his auto rifle and raises his hands to the ceiling.

Its only now that you can get a good look at him. He's young- very young- no more than 19, and looks terrified.. Like the rest he's wearing a dark grey green overcoat- probably some old PDF cast offs, and a dark metal helmet. His head underneath has been completely shaven. Any imperial symbols have been very neatly snipped off, so as not to damage the fabric. His weapon looks like some cheap stamped metal gun churned out by the thousand by some anonymous manfactorum converted to meet the coming invasion. He lacks most basic military equipment, including body armour. On the table in front of him is this map
    Spoiler
    Show

Outside Cpl Gantz shots go wide and bury themselves harmlessly in the mud. Looking into the shed you can see a box filled with large shells, behind this is civilian fruit picking equipment showing signs of age and rust. To military minds it is as alien in purpose as anything devised by the Eldar race.
    A quick glance at the larger barn shows it has been filled with even more of these large heavy shells.

Spoiler
    Show
    An easy +20 knowledge check for anyone seeking to identify the shell types.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Commissar, stern-faced, strides purposefully across the room towards the surrendering soldier. Her left hand reaches out and grabs him by the scruff of the neck, while her right hand slams the barrel of a still-smoking bolt pistol up under his chin. "Hello, traitor," she states cordially with a wicked grin. "You and I are about to become very closely acquainted. I have questions, you have answers. First and foremost, did you get a warning out? Answer me honestly, boy. You haven't seen me angry yet," she warns with a fierce, warning glare.

As she awaits his answer, she calls out the Sergeant without taking her eyes off the prisoner. "Sergeant, have one of your men examine the map and it's tactical worth. The rest of the house needs to be scoured, and then secured against potential counter-attack. Oh, and are any of your men trained in mechanicus techno-rites? We may be able to salvage some of their equipment, though some cleansing may be needed."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Rook! Gantz! Check the house and the outbuildings. Colber check the radio. Find out if they got a signal off, then go see if we can get the car working. Claudia, if you want to stop Symonds dying and or complaining, now's your chance."

Vance walked over to the shells and gave them a critical look. He turned back to Larkson. "You think we can do something with these? Flakk AA shells, for an earthshaker." He scoured the back of his mind for information on the flakk shells. "Probably full of metal fragments, like a frag grenade."
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2012-09-11 at 05:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

Cpl Rook nodded to the sarge and dashed into the building with Austin. Autocannon and shotgun at the ready as they search the building from top to bottom.

Keeping in mind the foes they had faced he pushes up stairs searching out the sniper and the heavy gunner he tosses the long las down the stairs and with a curt Grab that muscles gets his loader to grab the stubber and any ammo belts that he can find.

Spoiler
    Show

Is it just a regular heavy stubber with a 2 belts?
    Asking Austin to carry it as a back-up weapon

(Assuming) the house is secure Rook trampls down stairs with the massive cannon swinging left and right in a menacing manner. Moving over to the sarge and the Commissar he salutes quickly.
    "What next Sarge. Sir?" He looks down at the prisoner. "what do we do with this guy?"

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate (1d100)[39] TN 45

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Gantz gives the Sergeant one look before reloading his melta and switching it for his shotgun. He then goes up an nearby stairs and begins searching the house.
    My extended signature.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook

Looking around the room the big Cpl looks about - "Hey you" he shouts at the heretic aiming the huge cannon at the prisoner, "Are you the Battery HQ? How many guns at each battery"

When that is answered he'll look to the Sarge and the Commissar, "Sarge, if we are taking the truck can we bring the stubber. Can't help to have a back-up support gun."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the house he soldier keeps his hands up and nods frantically
    "Yesh Yesh, Thiis ish de HQ. Or it vas"

" 2 gunsh I think, maybe 3, I do not know, ve vere de relief force".

Gant Searches the house and finds that it has been recently converted into a barracks- rows and rows of spartan metal bunk beds take up most of the space. They have foot lockers at the bottom but none of these contains anything important or valuable.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spc. Jace Colber

Jace signals Mordechai, and they search the rest of the compound, before coming to a stop at the truck. Jace hovers over it for a few seconds, looking at its controls. It looked simple enough. After his sweep, he takes all the weapons and ammunition from the dead soldiers, and lays them out against the outside wall, in an organized manner.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Two or three guns. Perhaps three to five crew for each gun? Worse case scenario, twenty to twenty-five men at each emplacement? Presuming no more than a squad or so was assigned to each... If their reserve was the ten men they'd killed here...

"How many men in the battery? How many at each emplacement?"

They could do twenty. Maybe even twenty-five. But more than that... concentrate on wrecking the guns. Ganz' melta would smash up a gun pretty good, if they could get close. And a truckload of shells would smash up a gun even better.

Vance paced.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2012-09-11 at 04:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson calmly retracts her bolt pistol and holsters it. Still holding the trooper by the scruff of the neck, she proceeds to draw her chainsword, and rest the unrevved blade against the soldier's kneecap, the unmoving but still razor-sharp teeth gently cutting through the fabric of his uniform.

"I believe I asked you a question, you traitorous bastard," she observes in a calm and dignified manner. "Now, you're either ignoring me because I am a woman, or you think the man with the big gun is scarier than I am. Either way, you are making a serious mistake. Now. Tell me. Did you get out a warning? Are reinforcements coming?" she asks calmly and professionally.

Her thumb is visibly resting on the ignition switch, her fingers already squeezing the throttle of the chainsword to full rev.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not Ignoring anyone The solider starts to cry Zey made us come here, I just vant to go home.

Ze LT was on the sqwalk box to HQ but I don't think anyvone is coming. Just ze gun crews and guards at each battery- maybe 10-20?

Please don't kill me, none of us wanted to be here but they said they'd kill our families, I just want to go home to my parentsh. He takes out a picture of his parents and holds it up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-09-12 at 09:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson's face contorts with rage and disgust. "You want to go home? You want to just walk away? You're an Emperor-damned traitor, and a coward at that!" she roars.

She hurls the trooper bodily to the floor, and delivers a swift kick to his stomach. "Your parents?! Do you think your parents are proud that their son is a traitor?! Rather than be martyrs of the Emperor, their son has turned his back on everything they believe in!" Another kick. "Where is your faith? Your conviction? Your spine?!" Yet another, stronger kick. She then uses the tip of her boot to push the (probably sobbing) soldier onto his back. Standing astride his fallen form, she leans down and lowers her face to be just inches from his. With a stern, steel gaze, she quietly asks him: "Do you have any idea who you've been helping? I do not think so. Because if you did... you would be begging me to kill you right now."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Cpl Rook and Cpl Austin watch impassively as the Commissar beats up the heretic. Better him than us attracting the black uniformed psycho's ire the unspoken thoughts passing through the minds of both men.

Loudly he turns to the Sarge. "Are we taking the truck up to Battery 2 sarge?" - if the answer is yes he'll move to load the stubber in the truck and wait in the courtyard, if the answer is no hell just move to an upstairs window and go on overwatch lest the enemy investigate the sudden silence.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sound of the beating is interrupted by the ringing of the squad's Vox unit.

Squad one to Bigbird. Tango one is down, over.

Bigbird to first squad, well done. We are currently pinned down but engaging the enemy at Tango three. Squad two what's your status, over?
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-09-12 at 03:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"Bigbird, this is two leader. We've taken the battalion command-" - by dropping on top of it by accident, he failed to add- "And are preparing to move to tango two. Need us to pull your ass out the fire, Bigbird? We got transport and additional supplies."