New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

KJ started to say something, then managed to catch himself. Instead, he responded through clenched teeth, "Yes Commissar." Leaning down the stairs, he whistled, two quick trills, and one warbling. Then he dropped his pack to the ground and slung the mutant roughly over his back, ignoring any grunts or groans. By the time he had turned to the stairs, Stan was arriving, taking in the scene with a low whistle. "Grab my pack, will ya?"
    Stan nodded, lugging the heavy gear with a grunt of exertion. "So, good to see that you're learning to work with others ..."

"Shut up, Stan ..."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caileigh takes the front, just in case anything hostile, however unlikely it was, would be sneaking up here.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

As the mutant and the rest appear at the top of the stairs Rook slowly rises to his feet. "Where to now Sarge? We pushing downstairs and get us some traitior scalps?"

Glancing down into the mass of pipes and conduits. "Me and Austen haven't seen anything yet."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Vance nodded. "Keep moving, weapons ready. It's only going to get more hectic as we get further in."

Once the squad had grouped up around him, he prepared to move out, standard drill, following the path the map and the mutant laid out for him.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Gathered back with the squad, KJ glared at the Sarge for a moment. "Do I have to keep carrying this ... our guide still? I can't do anything else with him on my back!"

Besides which the proximately made his skin crawl.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Take solace in the fact that you are aiding a tortured soul find atonement and salvation through their service to the Emperor," Commissar Larkson observes dryly. "He lives to pay penance, and without you to carry him, where would he be?"

The more simple answer would probably be "somebody's gotta carry the twist," but at least this answer will give them more motivation and possibly respect for the poor mutant who desires to fight and die to atone for what he was born into. Surely the troopers wouldn't ignore his plight for salvation in the Emperor's eyes, right? Okay, maybe...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

"Alternatively, you can leave him behind and YOU be the one to tell us whether there's a emplacement behind the next door or not." Vance offered, rather more practically.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

''Hey, KJ, why are you complaining so much? IF you continue whining like a baby grog, then you will from here on out be serviced by my orderly, Will here. If you'd rather retain the chance of being taken cared of by me, should you get injured again, then please shut up and suck it up like a man... By the emperor, he whines more than a newborn baby... *Sigh*.'' She muttered out loudly along with a glance over her shoulder at KJ, getting slightly annoyed by the crybaby carrying the mutant.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

The mutant guides the squad through the facility. The process takes some time as every quarter of an hour or so you switch turns carrying him. Having a local guide gives you the inside track- you manage to avoid further combat by using maintenance routes unknown to defender or invader. You see the rest of the regiment engaged in combat- whenever you see the sky through view ports it seems black with anti aircraft fire, yours wasn't the only c-9a downed. Battles rage on the gantries but obscuring smoke makes it impossible to tell who is winning. You hear many battles inside and the Seabirds seem to have the upper hand, but the enemy are fanatical and are making the regiment pay for every inch.

Despite the encumberance you make it safely to your destination. The door seems jammed, but a determined kick by cpl Rook forces it open. The reason for the difficulyt is immediately clear, a body had wedged the door shut. The floor is covered in blood- so much so that an enemy cap is still floating in it. It starts to leak out the doorway. Its total devastation. The remains of several bodies- both enemy and what looked like specalist workers lie everywhere in very small pieces. The damage to the walls could only have been done by bolterfire.

The room is two floors in height and you have entered on the bottom floor- where most of the devastation occured. There is another door- blown open with explosives on the other side of the room. A large stairway - which could easily accomodate the whole squad leads up to a sort of control room. A frag grenade has ripped through this room. A single industrial door with several warning signs around leads away. Several survival suits and gasmasks are hung up by the door way but the grenade has ruined them all.

Cubbs points up to this door way. Vhat you vant iss in zere.
    Thanks to Mazeburn for the Avatar!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson scowls. Something's not right here.

"I assume we're going to need to don rebreathers or masks before entering?" she idly asks the mutant while looking over the devastation. She's looking for something in particular - shell casings. Specifically, bolter shell casings.

What make and model of bolt weapon came through here? Pistols? Normal boltguns? Heavy bolters? Manufactured by the Imperium, or tainted by the Warp?

If another Guard squad come through here, where are they now? And how did they get here so quickly and efficiently without a guide? Perhaps she's just being paranoid, but Valeria can't help but feel a nagging sense of unease.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not unless you can breath Hexaflurotetrazene. Zey call it the promotion tank, anyone who goes in without a mask is automatically promoted. Promoted to Glory.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

Very Difficult Knowledge (war) test to identify the bolt shells. If you fail it you still recognise them as being larger than normal but otherwise lacking in detail.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

"Rebreathers on, folks." Vance ordered. "Keep combat drill." He stepped forward, over a ruined corpse, which reminded him. "Don't trust anything's dead until you see it."

"Lewis." he muttered to his adjudant. "Keep an eye out for any of the mutations we saw earlier."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

''Sir, we do not have Rebreathers with us. we only have standard-issue gasmasks/respirators. and if the air in there is 0% oxygen then a gasmask won't do us any good at all, since it only filters out unwellcome particles in the air.'' She commented to the sergent.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Cogboy," Commissar Larkson calls out unceremoniously to the techpriest. "See if you can get any of those rebreathers working. If you can't fix them all, at least fix as many as you can."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Rook sidles over to KJ, a worried look on his face as he crosses the scene of carnage. this don't look good. Reckon we can get away without having to hold out breath?

Austen a few paces back picks up an ejected bolt casing with a look of curiousity on his face. One that turns to a look of panic as he drops the bolt hurriedly.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

He turns towards the Commissar and simply answers "Zap." his tone of voice detached and simple before moving quickly to check the rebreathers.

Spoiler
    Show

Tech-use (1d100)[74] vs 58+10+10 = 78

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ, taking a breather from holding the mutant, shrugged at Rook. "I'd be more concerned about the burning skin. Those suits over there weren't for dating ..."

Seeing the tech priest head over to work on the suits, KJ motioned to Stan and Rook that he'd be back and he wandered over to help. "Anything I can do to help?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tech Use (Int 40 + MIU (10): TN 50 - (1d100)[77]

EDIT: ... apparently not!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-02-11 at 01:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Rook sidles over to KJ, a worried look on his face as he crosses the scene of carnage. this don't look good. Reckon we can get away without having to hold out breath?

Austen a few paces back picks up an ejected bolt casing with a look of curiousity on his face. One that turns to a look of panic as he drops the bolt hurriedly.
    Commissar Larkson turns her gaze over to Rook. She raises her right eyebrow, but keeps her expression neutral. "Problem, Guardsman?" she coolly asks. "If there something is awry, I'd prefer you share it with us."

Valeria glances around at the other Guardsmen. She can't help but feel like something is very wrong here. Best to make sure the troops are as prepared as possible. "Guard up, weapons hot, and get those masks on. Someone start trawling. And remember, troopers... The Emperor Protects."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ answered for Rook before he thought it through, blurting out, "Ma'am, I think we just have a bad feeling about this. More than normal, that is. And I'm wondering what the suits were for.

Is it safe for our skin, muti- ... uh, Cubbs?"
    The last was directed at the mutant, who seemed to know a little bit about this area.

Once he answered and the call was made to move out, KJ pulled the melta down from his shoulder and nudged Stan. "Your turn to carry the gimp ... " Stan gave him a withering look, before going over to help the the mutant.

With gas-mask on and weapon ready, KJ advanced towards the room ...

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Tech priest was evidently thrown by the sight of so much blood. He turned from his internal calculations.

The way these things work- they react the promethium at the bottom level- it seperates into gasses which are rise and settle at different levels where they are extracted. We'll be going in at the top level so it should be safe enough to use masks- the filters will probably need to be replaced later. Unless you've got replaceable lungs I wouldn't recommend it. What I REALLY would recommend is using naked flames or discharging any kind of energy weapons inside. That would be...unadvisable.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ stared at the techpriest incredulously for a moment, then glanced back at the dead bodies before pulling out his stub pistol. "Stanard projectile weaponry only ... got it, priest."

Spoiler
    Show
    Any bigger SP stuff amongst the slaughtered?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson scowls, and holsters her bolt pistol. A weapon that fires explosive rounds would probably be unwise to use around such sensitive equipment and environmental hazards. She takes a moment to don her rebreather, and then draws her chainsword and thumbs the ignition. The engine hums to life, and the blade purrs as its teeth run idly. "Ready when you are, Sergeant," she flatly growls beneath her mask. "Watch your aim, soldiers. And may your actions bring honor and glory to His Name."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-02-21 at 07:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

"If you're sure it's safe." Vance says to nobody in particular, before flipping down his breather and, presuming nobody stops him, jogging forward into the cloud.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caileigh followed suit with the others, gasmask ready and lasgun NOT ready to ignite them all.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Rook looked at the others before strapping on the rebreather. The moist wet air making him gag slightly. Toting the autovannon he nodded at the words of the magos. got it. Slugs only, no las.

Advancing he falls in behind KJ.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

He quickly arranged his equipment in the needed manner, his auto-gun cradled in his arms ready to be used.