New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Fighting fifth: Blaquiere

Being one of the last ones through the windows, Caileigh just tactically heads for any piece of wellmade cover.

Her Comrade Will follow suit and takes cover where-ever possible.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Squad swings in through the window- the shatter of glass is punctuated by the sound of heavy gun fire and the enemy fire team is quickly and mercilessly eliminated- a storm of fire cuts up the machine gun and the autogunner throws uo his arms into a brief cruciform shape before hitting the ground.

The room appears to be a long corridor, stairs lead down from the side into a larger empty room with a long row of cogigator banks. The windows give a view of the facility- it appears to be mostly a confusing mess of pipes and gantries.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    No need to wait on everyone enemies are clearly dead. For future ease can you all copy Dr K's style o combat rolls? It makes life much easier

Incidentally the F key on my laptop is gone jammy so I may miss it once or twice by accident.
    Thanks to Mazeburn for the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Savagely kicking one of the dead Rook glances down at the autogun and rapidly drops the long las in exchange for the autogun and a spare clip. Happier to have real rounds and full auto than a glorified torch.

That done he motions to Austen and the two of them lean up against the windows both surveying the scene below searching out either things to blow up or enemies to obliterate...

Spoiler
    Show

Brace and take cover by the window scanning the confusing mass of pipes and gantries below.

Awareness (1d100)[88] TN 35-20 (untrained) = 15

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

On the roof

KJ nodded in satisfaction when the team finished off the roof guard. He bowed his head for a moment at Gantz, sorry for the loss of another weapon. "Fair winds, brah ..." As the Sarge directed the gathering of gear, he walked over to heft the meltgun, nodding to Stan as the man considered grabbing a long-las. He was checking the weapon when the Doc came up with her kit in hand.

"Hey doc, what brings you to the slums?" Color him surprised when she silently went to work on his chest, her swift and expert ministrations easing the pain immediately. He nodded his thanks, patting the meltagun. "I don't have any skills, but let me know when I can shoot someone for you."

Stan started to move forward with a slick smile on his face, then started rubbing his leg in mock pain. Of course, when Will moved forward to intercept, Stan raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, look at that ... it's feeling better already!"

Once he had been tended to, KJ took his position at the edge of the building, ready to rappel down into the room below.

In the room

Busting in on the enemy, they caught the would-be ambusher's unawares. Weapons shouted in thunder and spat lightning at the three men, who were on the wrong side of their cover. In mere seconds the enemies were dead and the Seabirds stood victorious in the haze of smoke drifting from the guns and bodies.

"Hey Sarge, we got any maps on this place? Where's the overflow center?" KJ started down the stairs into the cogitator banks, sweeping his M36 back and forth as he moved. Best not to use the burner in here ... some things probably wouldn't react well to a melta pulse.

At the banks, he checked to see what the controls were for.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (TN30): (1d100)[43]
    Common Lore (TN40): (1d100)[81]
    Tech Use (TN40): (1d100)[86]
    Hopefully, KJ can figure something out. If it looks like this thing has an MIU interface (and we decide KJ has one), add +10 to Tech Use.

EDIT: Here's hoping one or more of those rolls were easy ... yeesh
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-12-10 at 05:16 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Valeria strides purposefully over to the bodies, and looks them over for anything worthy of note - rank pins, mutations, special gear. She stays silent, allowing herself to fade into the background and let the Sergeant take charge of the situation, as he's the one with actual authority over the squad. She's just there to keep the Guardsmen in check, not actually give orders...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If there is any spare autogun mags left, Caileigh ejects the one in her gun and refills it to full capacity.

She then goes to take a good look at whatever equipment those traitors had on them when they died, keeping an eye out for ANY enemy activity.

Hawkeye Roll:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awareness Test
    TN 35 vs. (1d100)[27]

Last edited by Hemnon; 2012-12-10 at 06:03 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Vance couldn't have been more proud of his squad, as they despatched an entire enemy fire-team in seconds. In the aftermath, he turned to the medical team. "We've got a few spare moments. Get Cubbs down here, see if you can wake him and get better directions."

Vance gave the refinery a scouring look. "It'll be far too easy to get lost hin there." He muttered, and turned to KJ. "Got an auspex? Trawl for contacts, see if we're safe for a minute. Rook, Lewis, cover the doors."

He considered asking the commissar if she'd found any of the... special mutants. But, for the sake of his sanity and soul, he decided not to ask.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ looked up from the banks and nodded. "Sure thing, Sarge." He pulled out the scanner and ran it, trying to get a lock on any potential threats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops forgot about that! So, I'm guessing this is a common auspex/scanner, since it doesn't say. But feel free to add +30 if it's actually a Good one!

Not sure if you want new rolls, but here they are for using the auspex:
    Awareness (TN 50): (1d100)[37]
    Tech Use (TN40): (1d100)[100]

GAH! Energy spike!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-12-10 at 06:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

With the fire-fight over in almost an instant Zapherial spared a single glance at the dead bodies to quickly see if any item sparked his interest, but could easily resist moving towards the cogitator banks, the call of the machines acting almost like the steady beat of drums to his mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Common Lore (Tech): (1d100)[65] TN 58

Tech Use: (1d100)[68] TN 58 + 10 (Trained) + 10 (Combi-tool or MIU) = 78

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

''I'm sorry sarge, but I did what i could for the mutant back on the roof. 'he' would need extended medical attention and that's not something i can do here.'' He replies to the sergeant's question.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Auspex result

The enemy appear to be better equipped than the previous conscripts you met. They wear dark black and red coloured camo jackets and their armour fits snugly underneath protecting it appears to be slightly more ornate than usual. You notice they all have tell tale scars pn their throats. They also have EB:HB tattood on their wrists along with their blood type underneath.

Looking out the window reveals nothing more than rows and rows of smoke shrouded pipes and tangles of structure that make little sense.

The tech priest has more look: the cogigators reveal is mostly irrelevant data on the plants running capacities but you are being told that a build up is being diverted to sector 7-Gamma. The cogigator reveals that you are in sector 6-Epsilon
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 2012-12-12 at 03:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson's posture goes rigid, and she clasps her hands behind her back. She tilts her head to look over at Caileigh. "Medic, I need your assistance with something. It will only take a moment."

Once the medical officer approaches, Valeria draws her combat knife and hands it to Caileigh, before pointing down at the scars on the dead soldiers' throats. "I have a theory. Would you kindly examine and, if possible, explore those old wounds? Depth, age, quality of healing, and be sure to let me know if you find any foreign objects," the Commissar states with a pleasant smile.

Ritualism, or parasitism? If the enemy ranks here are all part of the Hive Mind, they will need to plan accordingly. Especially since this would greatly increase the chances of Purestrain Genestealer presence and activity...

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Rook glances around staring down through the tangled mass of pipes and metal work the massive gun following his every movement as he keeps most of his body behind some solid stonework.

"We sailing or anchoring sarge?" he asks quietly, feeling exposed up on the higher floors.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

With a swift twist of her wrist, the knife just handed to her by the Commissar makes a swirl, causing the blade to be upside down and ready for dissection.

''Any chance of you telling me WHAT it is I am supposed to be looking for, Ma'am?'' Caileigh inquire as she does the first insertion into the dead body.

The whole cutting and dissecting goes on with a little tune being hummed by Caileigh herself. Apparantly It didn't even phase her at all to cut open a dead body and examine it's organs and innards.

Dissection Roll
    Spoiler
    Show

Autopsy of body and determination of origin of old wounds.
    Medicae Test.
    TN 50(70 if Diagnostor or medikit is useable)
    (1d100)[10]
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Disconnecting himself from the cogitator bank Zap approaches the others pausing slightly as he does before talking "We in sector 6-Epsilon, the cogitators be telling me that plenty of juice is being sent to sector 7-Gamma. So that's where the boom be happening." he shrugs slightly.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"Hold position until... this is done. Then we head out. Doctor, you sure we can't get Cubbs awake? Give him a stimm or something? Without him or an auspex, we're flying blind."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The autopsy results- 21 year old male. Peak physical fitness. Cause of death gun shot trauma multiple locations causing massive internal haemorraging.

The neck wound reveals alien material has been punched through the throat and fused with the spine. This happened some time pre-mortem.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

At the medic's inquiry, Commissar Larkson gives her a deadpan look and flatly states: "No."

She gives an idle shrug. "You'll know it when you see it, should my theory be correct. And hopefully, it's not," she aloofly muses.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    "Hold position until... this is done. Then we head out. Doctor, you sure we can't get Cubbs awake? Give him a stimm or something? Without him or an auspex, we're flying blind."
    ''Yes.... I could use a Stimm on him, But that would only last a very short while, maybe a few minutes at max. After that he's a liability to us, since he will most likely colapse from exaustion and physical damage. I'm not gonna do it unless you specificly order me to expend one of my few dosages of Stimm on him.'' She replied to the Sarge.

She then relayed the infomation she could get out of the body to the Commissar and gave her the, now very bloody, Knife back to her. Caileigh then got back to her feet and checked her weapon for any problems, Like jammed bullet casings or problems with the loading mechanism, gladly not finding any problems.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Larkson scowls. "Dammit I hate being right..." she grumbles, wiping the blade on the uniform of one of the dead soldiers before returning it to her combat harness.

"Alright, listen up!" she barks to the soldiers around here. "I have new orders for each and every one of you! Enemy combatants are to be given no quarter! They are to be dispatched as quickly as possible with no hesitation! No prisoners, no mercy! Do not allow them to overhear anything sensitive to the mission or Imperial operations! Failure to heed this words will result in immediate execution for dereliction of duty to the Throne, and for aiding the Enemy! Do I make myself clear?" she growls sternly.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ stood by, waiting for the others. His scan hadn't turned up anything, but he wasn't sure what else would be required. Stan was covering one of the windows, sneaking glances back at the ladies of the group when they weren't looking.

The Commissar suddenly came over and started barking at them, saying how they needed to kill the enemy. Faster. Without realizing what he was doing, KJ glanced up, remembering how quickly they had taken out the troops on the roof ... and then the troops in this room.

Walking over to Rook, he snorted, whispering, "Yes ma'am, make 'em deader faster." Leaning towards the windows, he wondered where the rest of the troops were ... and what would have the Commissar as edgy as a daughter's father on prom night ...
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-12-14 at 01:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Clink. Clink. Clink.

The sounds of methodical boot-clad footsteps upon metal grating slowly draws closer behind KJ.

"I... did not quite catch that, soldier," Commissar Larkson observes, her voice even and patronizingly tinged with false intrigue. Her posture is rigid, her hands clasped behind her back - and in her right hand, her bolt pistol.

She gives KJ a flat stare, one eyebrow slightly raised. "I believe I heard you whispering something. Would you kindly repeat it loud enough for me to hear you? In fact, for all of your comrades to hear you? Surely they would like to know what you have to say. I know I certainly do..." Her tone sounds slightly patronizing, akin to an instructor lecturing a Schola student caught passing notes in class. Only this instructor is allowed to execute the student for being an idiot.

She continues to stare at the soldier, looking him directly in the eyes, unflinching and unwavering as she awaits his response.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-12-14 at 02:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Vance stood as well, and stepped behind KJ. "Commissar. Now may not be the time."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ snapped to attention, while Stan found something really interesting outside the window.

"I SAID 'YES, MA'AM, MAKE 'EM DEADER FASTER!" Perhaps the shouting wasn't necessary, but when the Commissar asked, you responded. Of course, he could have stopped there, but that just wasn't in his nature.

"Guess it just seemed funny, ma'am ... since we cleared the roof of prepared troops in just under 8 seconds. Not sure we could kill 'em faster or deader, but if you and the Sarge want it that way, you got it, ma'am."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ignorance is bliss ... and sometimes cause for summary execution!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Commissar Valeria Larkson leans in closer to KJ, her face just inches from his own. She looks him dead in the eye, and simply states: "It's not funny."

She then turns on her heel to look at Sergeant Vance. "I disagree. Issues like this should be dealt with immediately, lest they fester and worsen," she states in a crisp, professional manner. "If your men do not respect me or my orders, then how can they be expected to treat you any different? If they do not take us seriously, what does that say about their ability to follow authority and obey orders? Their ability to perform properly in combat and not crack under pressure? Guardsmen are to have the utmost respect for authority and duty. Anything less is a liability."

The Commissar turns her head to look back over her shoulder, fixing KJ with a sidelong stare. "You're not a liability, are you, soldier?" she coldly asks.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

KJ frowned, his dander starting to get up. Was she questioning his resolve, or his loyalty? What had he done to deserve this? Standing at attention, he stared her right back in the eye. "No ma'am, it ain't funny ... it's kinda ridiculous. You're yelling at me because we're doing what you told us to do. I didn't say no, I didn't fail to comply. If there's something else I'm missing, please enlighten me, ma'am. Otherwise, give the orders and let us do the task at hand.

Liability? Not sure it'll make a difference what I say, but I don't think so."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Rook nods at KJ's words then stiffens slightly at the Commisar's dulcet tones. A women that he would never look at. As she screams at KJ he does turn slightly to look at the black uniformed Commissar. "Cpl was relaying your orders Ser. The cannon maam, she's pretty loud, hurts my ears sometimes she does."

If the commissar twitches and looks away he'll flash KJ a quick smile before heading back to overseeing the maze of pipeworks in the massive promethium works. Glancing at the tech priest he looks at the small door to the next rooms. "Who's on point sarge?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"Commissar. We all have the greatest respect for you, and i'll damn well deal with any man that doesn't myself. Any lack of discipline, you know i'm with you. But in a combat drop, chasing these grievances only hurts us in the short-term."

Vance stopped, and took a breath.

"KJ. I'm sure you have the greatest respect for the good commissar. For the future, damn well remember it. Reid, give Cubbs a dose of stimm. We'll get nowhere without a guide. Ready to move out as soon as Cubbs is on his feet. KJ, take point. Cogboy, with him. Sing out if the auspex starts to bloody work. Myself and Lewis will cover the doc and the mutant from the rear."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Making sure that Sergeant Vance was looking in his direction, he lifted a single finger, making him focus further and with an almost sibilant voice, devoid of his usual accent he simply said "Zap." before turning towards his current position companion "Auspex, pretty please." he asked to see if he could find out what was wrong with it.

Spoiler
    Show

Tech-use (1d100)[75] vs 58 + 10 (Tech-use) + 10 (Combi-tool or MIU) = 78

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    "No ma'am, it ain't funny ... it's kinda ridiculous. You're yelling at me because we're doing what you told us to do. I didn't say no, I didn't fail to comply. If there's something else I'm missing, please enlighten me, ma'am. Otherwise, give the orders and let us do the task at hand.

Liability? Not sure it'll make a difference what I say, but I don't think so."
    Commissar Larkson slowly... very slowly... turns around to face the soldier who is back-talking her. Her expression is no longer neutral or passive. It is now very stern and serious, with a ghost of a scowl faintly on her face.

"...Excuse me?"

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Rook nods at KJ's words then stiffens slightly at the Commisar's dulcet tones. A women that he would never look at. As she screams at KJ he does turn slightly to look at the black uniformed Commissar. "Cpl was relaying your orders Ser. The cannon maam, she's pretty loud, hurts my ears sometimes she does."
    Valeria turns to raise an eyebrow at Rook, the disdain fading from her face. "Was he now?" she asks idly.

Lying to a superior is an infraction, but she has to admire a Guardsman who's willing to stick his neck out for the sake the squad...

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    "Commissar. We all have the greatest respect for you, and i'll damn well deal with any man that doesn't myself. Any lack of discipline, you know i'm with you. But in a combat drop, chasing these grievances only hurts us in the short-term."

Vance stopped, and took a breath.

"KJ. I'm sure you have the greatest respect for the good commissar. For the future, damn well remember it. Reid, give Cubbs a dose of stimm. We'll get nowhere without a guide. Ready to move out as soon as Cubbs is on his feet. KJ, take point. Cogboy, with him. Sing out if the auspex starts to bloody work. Myself and Lewis will cover the doc and the mutant from the rear."
    The Commissar looks back over her shoulder at the Sergeant. "I am merely following regulation, Sergeant. It is my responsibility to deal with issues of loyalty and discipline directly and without hesitation. As I said, ignoring a problem only allows it to worsen, and creates issues in both the short-term and the long-term. But..." she casts a glance back at KJ, "I will trust your assurance that we will not have this problem again, Sergeant."

"You have your orders, Guardsmen," she states with a frown. "Hop to it."

Once all the soldiers begin to fall in and carry out their new orders, Valeria calmly strides over to Sergeant Vance. "You and I both know most Commissars would have shot him," she quietly states, giving the officer a sidelong glance. "Of course, I am not nearly as unreasonable as my tragically deceased predecessor," she observes, narrowing her eyes in well-founded suspicion. "I can be merciful. Realistic. Human. But there are lines I will not allow these soldiers to cross. Disrespecting authority, particularly mine, is one of them. Keep your men in line, Sergeant, or I will. And neither of us want that," she states with a frown. It doesn't sounds like she's trying to be threatening. Rather, she's just trying to be straight to the point with him.