New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default One Piece Marines- IC

After two weeks of being on board the ship Madest, you have fallen into the day to day routine of its crew. So, when you noticed everyone staring out over the rails of the ship, you both knew something strange was going on. Pirates maybe? No, a quick glance gave you all the information you needed. An uncharted island...

The second mate, Sterm, comes to each of you separately to tell you that the Captain has requested your presence in her quarters. Immediately.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece Marines- IC

Cracking her knuckles, Ensign Egariian moved towards the captain's quarters, wondering what could be the matter. The transfer to the Madest was definitely a boon, a way to further the cause of Justice, but there'd been so little information on what the Marines needed Amira to do here. Practicing the limited haki she'd learned and strengthening her devil fruit powers, Amira hadn't let up on her training even while at sea. The Kuja flipped her hair over a shoulder and knocked on the door to the captain's quarters.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist had created an illusion of him doing his kitchen work while he found a place to hide and relax near by. The Illusion was convincing enough, but it was dismissed the second Twist inevitably fell asleep. A swift kick woke the lazy chef up and he was ordered to the captain's quarters.

Figuring he was going to to be disciplined for slacking off, Twiest slumped his shoulders and slowly walked to the captains quarters. Only to be surprised to see Ensign Egariian, knocking on the captain's door. Unsure if this was related or not Twist says only "Oh, you're here also."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-08-21 at 06:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain opens the door to her cabin.
    "Ah, Twist, Amira, come on in."
    The room has a few chairs situated around a small table in the center of the room. There is a bunk in the bank, with a footlocker underneath it. There are several maps on the table. She motions you to sit down, and sits across the table from you both.
    "In case you were unaware, there seems to be a small island on our way to our destination. This island is not on my maps, and I have nothing to show what it might be, or who might be on it. We will land our ship at the coast of this island, and I want the two of you to take our navigator onto the island. Protect him, and make sure the three of you come back alive with maps of the area so that we can turn in a copy to the Government. Amira, I am going to put you in command of this mission. Should you both succeed, you can consider your pairing official. Any questions?"

5. - Top - End - #5

Amira took the seat and listened to the captain, nodding. "Only three for an expedition seems unusually small, sir. If the navigator himself is going, shouldn't there be a greater detachment to prevent any potential natives from harming him? I trust in my abilities, as well as those of the chef, but accidents can happen, especially when materiel si stretched too thin. Are there additional concerns about the island, sir?"
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twists sits down and slouches in a chair. "Yea, I have a question. Why is a chef being sent to do field work?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Amira glared to the left at Twist and his impertinence. His slouch, his rudeness -- bile rose in her throat, vitriolic words trying to move out and slap him. But she refrained, tightening her right fist, out of sight of the chef. It wouldn't do to let him see the aggravation.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Other than there being a strange island that shouldn't be there, I'm not all that concerned. Should you encounter anything, malignant, I would ask that you not take any undue risks. The navigator has been training another of the crew, and he assures me that his apprentice will be just fine. Besides, we'll need as much of the crew as possible, as the group of pirates we'd been tracking seems to have disappeared. If they were to find us without a relatively full crew, they'd be sure to attack while we're on the ground."
    She pauses a moment.
    "I won't lie to you. I'm sending the pair of you because I'm least aware of your potential, and how well you actually do on the battlefield, and Twist, keep a decent tongue when you are speaking to your Captain, or I shall remove it."
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-08-23 at 11:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

She didn't approve of the situation, but Egariian understood the captain's decision. "Should we not send the apprentice, sir? I would feel more comfortable not having a vital officer in the field with only two additional personnel." Losing the navigator because the chef needed to be saved would definitely be a pain, in addition to a gigantic shame.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, Agar was quite insistent that he be the one to go on the exploration of the island. He has some rather strange ideas about what it might be, and his apprentice is completely unequipped to handle that situation. Rest assured Amira, Agar and myself both believe that this will be a relatively uneventful stop. We'll touch down, let you three off, and meet you on the other side of the island in two days."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist is fully aware of the threat his captain holds and edges back in his seat in fear. However any sign of fear on his face and in his voice seems to be unfortunately covered up by sleepiness. With a yawn in his voice Twist responds saying "Yes mam. Sorry mam."

Twist raises his hand for a salute but it falls back halfway in its journey as Twist passes out asleep in the chair.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist pops back up awake. gets out of the chair and carries on unaware that he fell asleep; the captain's threat still fresh in his mind. "If that is all we should get going now. May I ask where the navigator is?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course, he should be in his quarters at the moment, going over his charts and books."
    With a wave, she dismisses the pair of you.

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler
    Show
    My question shall never be answered.

Standing up and cutting a crisp salute, the Ensign left her captain's quarters and moved towards the Navigator's Room, not pausing to see if the chef was coming with her. Amira didn't particularly want to get into a fight with Twist this early in their protopartnership, although if he continued act as foolishly as he had in the meeting with the captain...

She flexed her hand again.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The navigator's quarters are just down the hallway from the captain's. A knock on the door elicits no reply. Perhaps he's not in his quarter's? If you attempt to open the door the door is unlocked.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Twist will open the door and walk in. "Come on navigator, the captain says we have a mission. Let's get this over with."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The room has several books, charts, cartography supplies all strewn across a table in the center of the room. There is a bunk on the left hand side of the room, and a shelf with several books on it. The navigator is not in the room, nor is anyone else.

18. - Top - End - #18

Amira rubbed her forehead in aggravation. "All that concern was ultimately wasted, I suppose, since he's already been kidnapped. Chef Twist, your eyes may be better suited for this -- check the room. I will report this disturbance to the Captain immediately." Turning about on her heel, Egariian sprinted back to the Captain's quarters.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"What a pain." Twist mutters as he begins examining the room for any evidence on who may have done this or where they could have went.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search Roll: (1d20+2)[19]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Search:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A quick glance around the room garners no additional information. The books on the shelf are all in strange tongues you don't know, the real eye-catcher is the charts on the table.

The charts are all maps of this area of the world, with a grid layed across it. Several other lines are drawn from seemingly random places, crossing the dot on the map labeled as the ship. You can make neither head nor tail of it, but the lines seem to be drawn in a very precise fashion. This is nearly confirmed with the journal next to the map. The last entry reads as such:

"I think I've finally discovered what the strange winds we've been experiencing have been the result of."

That's odd, you haven't heard anything about 'strange winds.'

"If the [something from another language] is nearly upon us, I'll have to convince the Captain that we should check out this island. Just a few more readings on this wind and I'll know for sure."

The captain looks up at Amira as she runs into the room.
    "Something wrong?"
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-08-25 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Fixed color

21. - Top - End - #21

A salute. "Sir, Navigator Agar appears to be missing. His room was unlocked and his navigating table was in disarray from what I was able to see. I have Chef Twist investigating the room now." Another salute.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain raises an eyebrow.
    "Did you check the deck? He's been taking a lot of readings lately, and I certainly didn't hear anything resembling a struggle in the past few minutes. I talked to him ten minutes ago."

23. - Top - End - #23

"With the mention of pirates, sir, I thought it prudent to report the situation to you directly before searching the ship. If there are enemy infiltrators on board, I could be incapacitated before finding evidence, and wished to apprise you of the situation beforehand. By your leave, I'll begin the search for Navigator Agar now."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I wonder..."

Twist will take the journal and leave the room. He will than ask around if any of the marines on the ship know where Navigator Agar normally takes his wind readings.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

You both enter the hallway at the same time, Agar's apprentice is walking down the hallway, and sees Twist coming out of the navigator's office.

"If your looking for the navigator, he's on the helm, taking readings. What were you doing in there anyway?"

This apprentice is a human, younger than either of you, with cropped blond hair. He is quite tall and thin, with a cheery spring to his stride and manner.

26. - Top - End - #26

Amira put a hand to her face and rubbed her eyes. "We're searching for Navigator Agar. He's to accompany us to the island nearby, although why we're charting it is something of a mystery to me. I'm afraid we haven't met. I'm Ensign Egariian -- you are?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, as I said, he's up at the helm. I don't know why you will be charting it either. As neither Agar nor the Captain have seen fit to tell me, just that I'm to remain here. You guys must feel quite lucky to be going. I'm Ensign Tarin Kerrent, nice to meet ya Miss Egarian. Hey Twist, your going out too? Well, there goes the fine eating we've been having."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Yea. It's a pain, but you can't survive amongst marines if you don't follow orders."

Twist will hand the apprentice the journal. "The Ensign here thought the navigator was kidnapped and I was investigating it. I thought this would come in handy with the investigation. Since he is safe, horribly untidy but safe, I suppose I won't need to hold onto it after all."

The chef will than shrug and walk towards the helm. "Anyways I'm sure you two can tell each other everything you feel the other needs to know. Ensign, I'll go on ahead and tell the navigator about our mission."

29. - Top - End - #29

Amira shook her head and followed Twist. "Oh no -- and let you skulk off to some corner? No thank you -- I'll follow you. Ensign Tarin is doing what he's supposed to, I imagine, and if neither the Captain nor Navigator Agar mentioned the island, then I've already said too much."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, see here's the funny part. I was actually sent to come get this journal, and the Captain did tell me that we were coming up on an island, but that I wouldn't be going. So thanks Twist, why don't we all go up there together?"

His cheery smile pervades throughout his whole speech, and was there even while you two were talking. You probably couldn't slap it off of him if you tried.