New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Only half?" The matron laughs lightly. "I do hope it's the interesting half. So far, I am not disappointed." Subtely she looks the paladin up and down, but not subtely enough, ti seems, as Sszinyon suppresses a scowl.

"We should allow you to attend to your other guests, Illharess." The drow suggests.

Aly'ithra stops, confused, but she was now closer tot he Dais than she was to the door, and decides to press on.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

"Perhaps you can introduce me to some of the people here, Sszinyon,"
    Ethelay suggests. She bows again to her sister, and will move away with her brother and his "companion".

Meanwhile, Delisle and Vyrn approach the dais. Sans bowing.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-10-24 at 02:58 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

((Blargh, can't find the last post. Filler to get the scene moving again, I guess.))

Magtok glances towards Samona, and then towards the matron he'd been speaking to earlier. Hrm, by agreeing to that whole favor thing, he's sorta bypassed the whole business deal with Ms. Mase's group and saved however much it would've cost to work through them in Delmah Phor. Right in front of her face, too. Best watch his back from now on, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

A pale and dark haired man in a deep green tuxedo slowly saunters through the room, an expressionless look on his rather scarred face as he gazes around the chamber, his keen eyes taking in every little detail of the security, guests, and exits.

It's time, "Master".

I know, Pride. Javert Orleaus mentally tells the tarnished looking silver basket-hilted blade at his right hip.

5. - Top - End - #515

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Palace

The spell comes off of Aly'ithra. Hopefully she won't be deterred by the sudden lack of magical convincing. With any luck she will assume her sudden lack of compulsion is second thoughts. The spell should be subtle enough that its removal is not jarring. Hopefully... Hopefully she will keep going because it is too late to turn back now.

As for Irzayle... They pause for half a step and turn to look Elvanriina directly in the eye. Their voice speaks across the room to the Matron, a voice that only she can hear.

I would prefer if you didn't interfere with a touching family reunion. Or try to undo my spells again.

Another voice speaks beneath Irzayle's, distant and hard to hear. What can be heard is... unpleasant...
    Xar'Cha Palace

Elvanriina smiles cheerily and waves childishly at Irzayle. Hidden within the wave in a complicated movement is a bit of drow sign language meant for Irzayle, which translates roughly out to this: If you didn't want your spells unraveled, you should not have acted in a way that seemed like an attempt at assassination. I'm watching you.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace

The only assassination tonight will likely be this child's faith. You intrigue me. Perhaps we shall meet again soon?

To Aly'ithra, they speak out loud.

Almost there.

They step in front of Aly'ithra and wait for a break in the conversation to bow deeply to the Matron and speak up.

Forgive my intrusion, Matron. May I humbly present Aly'ithra of the house Xabaresh Chaeron, recently arrived to Delmah Phor in search of her heritage.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Guess whatever measures Sorn had in place to prevent any mind control shenanigans of his guests just aren't as effective as one might hope. Sadei could turn this entire party and its participants into a musical Gangnam style parody. /random terribad thoughts that float through Rein's brain

Ilpholin, more than aware that Aly'ithra went to the matron anyways and after defaming Lolth no less, looks for a very brief moment very sad and very tired. "Stupid girl." She mutters to no one and herself.

The look passes as quickly as it arrived and Ilpholin heads over to Mister Squiggles, where she'll whisper to him for a few moments. After that, making sure her retainer Din comes along, she'll go to quietly try to slip out of the party relatively unnoticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Only half?" The matron laughs lightly. "I do hope it's the interesting half. So far, I am not disappointed." Subtely she looks the paladin up and down, but not subtely enough, ti seems, as Sszinyon suppresses a scowl.

"We should allow you to attend to your other guests, Illharess." The drow suggests.
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Noting the scowl, Endrik nods. "I agree. We do not want to monopolise your time."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace - Dais]

[Dipsnig]

Perhaps surprsingly, the Matron smiles as the Goblin approaches. "Master Razortooth, yes? I am glad you have decided to join us this evening.

[Irzayle and Aly'ithra]

Hear that introduction, the matron's eyes went wide in surprise. She looked Aly'ithra up and down, hardly believing what she saw before her. The dragon-blooded drowess bowed low, respectful, but she kept an eye on the woman on the throne, wondering if she would accept her or not. Danube's reaction seemed positive however, as she smiled broadly at the pair.

"You would be Raril's daughter, correct?" Matron Xar'Cha asked.

Aly'ithra straightened and nodded.

The matron turned to a drowess who stood nearby, bringing her to her side with a gesture. It was the dancer who led the troupe earlier, still dressed in that red lined armor. "Tell your brother I wish to speak with him, and get out of that costume."

"Yes, Ilharess." She bowed and turned, disappearing into the crowd.

The matron turned her attention back to the pair before her, particularly focusing her attention on the odd Irzayle. "It is fortunate that you were able to find a lost daughter of House Xabaresh Chaeron. We are, of course, grateful for this reunion, and such a service should not go unrewarded." There was a slight edge to her words. A warning. The offer of a reward was genuine, but she wanted to know what this stranger really wanted. If the price was too high...

[Delisle and Vyrn]

"My friends from Remnant." Matron Xar'Cha greeted them. "I had hoped you would come. Though, I was expecting Lady Vasquez. I hope she is well?" She inquires politely.

[Xar'Cha Palace - Ballroom]

Sszinyon led Endrik and Ethelay down from the dais. He scanned the crowd, wanting to fulfill his sister's request and introduce her to someone. Unfortunately, Sszinyon had not made very many friends in his time on the Surface, and the people he recognized here would likely not wish to speak to him.

The drow spotted Magtok, the cyborg's metallic visage was hard to miss. That was a meeting that should be left for later. Ethelay did not need to learn of his failings there. Worse, she would take it into her own hands to get the revenge he should be seeking.

Zee was here also, he knew. While he doubted she wished to speak with him either, the conversation would likely be more polite. She was a part of the family, now, and Ethelay would certainly like to know her.

With a small sigh, Sszinyon steered them all through the crowd to try and find Zee. "Have you met Raril's new wife yet?" He asks his sister as they walk.

Ilpholin finds Din easily enough, he had been hovering around looking lost and uncomfortable most of the night, trying to avoid the advances of an absolutely ancient drowess. He seems glad to have a chance to leave. They can all make it towards the front doors without problem, though the Matron will probably notice that Ilpholin didn't come to say hello. On her way out, though, she may spot someone familiar walking in. Her father: Raril.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace - Entrance]

Ilpholin is certain the Matron will get over her broken heart at not getting to trade niceties.

She does pause upon spotting Raril though, the sight both sudden and... well she'd say unexpected, except that upon viewing all the guests she half-predicted the sheer number of Raril spawn were here as bait for him in the first place. One of many agendas going on tonight no doubt.

"Raril." She says rather stiffly, perhaps a bit formally. "Why are you here?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-25 at 07:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Dais - Delisle and Vyrn

"Commander Vasquez is spending some time away from the Nexus. I am sure she will regret having missed the opportunity to meet you, Matron,"
    Delisle says.

Ballroom

"Raril sent his wife without coming himself? How very odd. Is she the mother of Ilpholin and Nadas?"
    Ethelay asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace-Ballroom]

Perhaps Sszinyon would be spared the trouble of being forced to introduce Ethelay to Zee or somebody else at the party as Tebtranlyn made his way over to them.

"Mother. How good to see you. How long has it been? Uncle Sszinyon, it's... good to see you as well." The assassin said as he fell into step with the small group.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #523

"Nope! That was the work of Cauliflower," comes a voice not from behind Sszy and his sister. In fact, Zee's right there within comfortable conversation distance holding a glass of punch. It's possible she had been there the whole time and they simply missed her. It's also possible that she's being weird.

And probably up to something.

Are eldritch abominations ever not up to something?

Doubtful. Very very doubtful.

At the moment her more-than-realness is toned down quite a bit. She's trying not to draw too much attention to herself. For all the world she looks like a well dressed human woman of dark complexion. Probably middle-eastern or Indian by Earth standards. Her age is really hard to pin down.

"I've got to admit that this sorta party really isn't my style. But! There have been plenty of interesting people to meet! And that's always worth while,"
    she comments in that ever-chipper tone of hers. "Anyway! I'm Zee. Or any number of other names and titles I've been pinned with over the years. I think you flatlanders have the right idea with names. Just going by whatever anyone calls you in a place like the Nexus gets confusing in a hurry."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Not far away from Zee is a young girl, probably just entering her teens by the look of her. She is very obviously half drow. Her brown skin looks to take both from a drow's black skin and a certain someone's brown skin. She has pointed ears and strikingly blue eyes. She keeps her hair somewhat short and cut in a neat bob. For the occasion she's wearing poofy, midnight black dress with silver accents. Covering around her eyes is a small, black mask.

Some that spend a lot of time around Trog's might recognize her as Irril Xar'Cha, though they would be forgiven if they didn't It's been a while since she's been on screen.

The girl inches over to Zee and nudges her. "Mum. What am I supposed to do here?" She seems rather uncertain about this whole situation.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-25 at 07:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace - the Matron

Irzayle inclines their head respectfully when spoken to.

It is a pleasure to be in the service of the Xar'cha family. Of course, any reward you see fit to grant me would be enough. However, there are a number of sacred texts that I have long desired to find. I once had a wealthy library, but sadly, all of my books were lost in... an unfortunate turn of events. If you had such tomes in your possession, I would be most grateful for a chance to read them.

They gracefully avoid introducing themself. With any luck, the Matron won't inquire as to who they are. With any luck, she won't inquire as to why Irzayle wants those tomes either.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am the eldest son of the House, Ilpholin. I am expected to be here." Raril replies a bit stiffly. "Although, they didn't send an invitation. Probably assumed I'd come with Zee, but nevermind that, where are you sneaking off to? Is the party that dull? They usually are, until something interesting happens." The drow grins, suggesting that he suspected interesting things would start happening now that he was here. Gods, did he miss this! Why did he stay away in the first place?

[Dais - Delisle and Vyrn]

"We will have to arrange to meet when she returns." Danube decides.

[Dais - Irzayle]

"Sacred Texts?" The matron raises an eyebrow. "My sister, Hirriel, would be better able to direct you in your search than I. I wonder, though, what in particular you hope to find?"

Speaking of Hirriel, the armored drowess was presently stalking her nephew, Sornnolu. "What were those beasts?!" She roared at him.

"Your nieces?" The mage sputtered out, startled by her overbearing start to the conversation.

"And you just let them in here? Lolth only knows what damage they might do!"

"Aunt Hirriel, they're only children. Do you honestly expect-" Sornnolu was cut off by a back-handed blow from the high priestess. The gauntletted strike made his knees buckle, and he nearly collapsed.

"Don't question me! You're as soft as your damned fool of a father and your weak mother!"

Sornnolu made no reply, keeping his head bowed. Bright red blood dripped from his face to the floor.

"Aunt Hirriel, I do not think the Matron will approve of this public display." Erelae had found the time to change out of her costume and into a silvery blue gown made from layers of clinging sheer fabric. Though she addressed a High Priestess and an elder member of her family, she stood confident.

Hirriel scowled. "You are from the same stock he is, if my sister did not hold you in such high regard..."

"Then you would be free to beat my brother into a bloody pulp and publicly disgrace our family's image as you saw fit." Erelae replied cooly.

Furious, but unable to act without further embarassment, Hirriel stormed away.

"She'll kill you for that, you know." Sornnolu said quietly to his sister. With Hirriel gone, the mage straightened, and pressed a handkerchief to his face, stemming the flow of blood from his nose.

"She can try." Erelae agreed, frowning at her brother. "You're a mess. Let me help." A whispered prayer stopped the bleeding. "You should clean yourself up. Danube wants to see you."

Sornnolu made the blood disappear with a gesture. "What about?"

"Oh, nothing." Erelae said, straightening his robes affectionately. "Just something you failed to do 20 or 30 years ago."

Sornnolu sighed. "I think I'd rather have Aunt Hirriel hit me again."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace - Dais]

Perhaps surprsingly, the Matron smiles as the Goblin approaches. "Master Razortooth, yes? I am glad you have decided to join us this evening.
    Dipsnig somewhat doubts this smile is genuine.
    "The pleasure is all mine, Matron," he says with a polite nod. Viima sits down behind him. "I'd like to offer congratulations for this event. You've certainly made an impression."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

I heard avoiding his family was something about being used for his love of another and getting thrown in a spider pit of despair or something along those lines.
    But honestly, what do those things hold up to against a party?

"I've concluded all my business for the night and was just leaving. Your newest daughter... or eldest?... the dragon scaled one is meeting with the matron right now though. I'm sure if you hurry, that'll be interesting enough." Ilpholin tells him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

[Dais - Delisle and Vyrn]

"Her role is by no means an easy one, as I'm sure all three of us are aware," Vyrn adds. "Personally I'm hoping to compare metaphorical notes with her on the subject at some point."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #530

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace - Matron

I seek them primarily for research. In younger days I was an acolyte at a temple that has since been destroyed. In my time there, I conducted research into a great many spells now long lost. Sadly, the accident that disfigured me,

They run their gloved hand along their mask.

also robbed me of much of the knowledge I had gained in my studies. Knowledge which would be of endless value to the drow race.

Subtly implied in their words and the look they give the Matron is that the members of the drow race to most benefit from it would be those that Irzayle wished to share it with first. Presumably those who are willing to lend them aid.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace - Ethelay and Sszinyon

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace-Ballroom]

Perhaps Sszinyon would be spared the trouble of being forced to introduce Ethelay to Zee or somebody else at the party as Tebtranlyn made his way over to them.

"Mother. How good to see you. How long has it been? Uncle Sszinyon, it's... good to see you as well." The assassin said as he fell into step with the small group.

"Far too long, I'm afraid, Tebtranlyn. Have you seen how much Ryldolin has grown?"
    Ethelay asks her son.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

"Nope! That was the work of Cauliflower," comes a voice not from behind Sszy and his sister. In fact, Zee's right there within comfortable conversation distance holding a glass of punch. It's possible she had been there the whole time and they simply missed her. It's also possible that she's being weird.

And probably up to something.

Are eldritch abominations ever not up to something?

Doubtful. Very very doubtful.

At the moment her more-than-realness is toned down quite a bit. She's trying not to draw too much attention to herself. For all the world she looks like a well dressed human woman of dark complexion. Probably middle-eastern or Indian by Earth standards. Her age is really hard to pin down.

"I've got to admit that this sorta party really isn't my style. But! There have been plenty of interesting people to meet! And that's always worth while,"
    she comments in that ever-chipper tone of hers. "Anyway! I'm Zee. Or any number of other names and titles I've been pinned with over the years. I think you flatlanders have the right idea with names. Just going by whatever anyone calls you in a place like the Nexus gets confusing in a hurry."

And then Zee happens. Ethelay is taken rather by surprise at having Zee approach them so... blatantly. But she tries to hide it, as well as her general disapproval of the woman. An unwise choice by Raril. One of many unwise choices by her younger brother. "Ethelay Xar'Cha." she says. "But why did Raril not accompany you?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #532

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Making unwise decisions seems to be Raril's thing. But they always seem to work out in the end regardless of all the crazy that happens in the mean time.

"A pleasure to meet you Ethelay!"
    Zee replies in that usual exuberant tone of hers that doesn't even begin to match the general mood of the party. "And Raril didn't accompany me because I knew he would have crashed the party anyway all on his own. And that has the potential to be far more interesting."

Yep...

Zee is being weird.

"Aaaaaand that also gave me the opportunity to twist my half-brother's arm into trying some socialization outside of the usual deranged cultist business. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to harass an Old One into having a chat with people via methods other than half whispered, fevered dreams."

Totally being weird.

She grins down at Irril. "Having fun! It IS a party after all. Despite the lamentable lack of balloons. Your sister Raven is probably skulking around somewhere. Go try to get her to enjoy herself instead of brooding."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Tebtranlyn was about to answer his mother but then Zee went off on her ramble about her half-brother and whispered dreams. He didn't hide his disapproval as well as his mother, his mouth turning into a small scowl of a frown.

"Greetings Zee, I am Tebtranlyn Xar'Cha, son of Ethelay Xar'Cha here." Teb said and gave Raril's wife a polite nod.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Alright." Irril looks around at the party at large once more before heading toward Raven. At least she hopes she is. Of course, if Raven isn't hiding, or even in drow form, she should be easy enough to spot.

Meanwhile, Ryldolin is still standing very awkwardly next to Sadei. Mostly because of the whole chimera form thing. Now that the Matron has arrived and had her show, there's little to distract him from the awkwardness. "So, uh, are you gonna need new clothes when you turn back?" Her clothes definitely don't seem to be in great shape.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

The scene with Delisle and the Matron is waiting on Art.
    The scene with Ethelay and Sszinyon and Zee is waiting on Art and possibly Destro.

Meanwhile, there's another drow at the party, looking perfectly inconspicuous among the other drow. He looks familiar - a distant relation? Someone's retainer? Nobody important, certainly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Raril's eyes go a bit wide as he looks towards the Dais where his eldest sister sat enthroned. "She's not the eldest." He explains a bit quickly, simply for want of something to say. "Hopefully Danube hasn't gotten her claws into her yet." The girl still might be able to be saved. Suddenly, he looked back to Ilpholin, smiling. "I just remembered, I have a gift for you. If you want it, that is." He pulled an amulet from his pocket and held it out to her. "It'll turn you back to how you were before. If you want to change, that is. You don't have to decide now, but if you do, all you have to do is put it on. I know I've told you this before, Ilpholin, but you don't have to change yourself to be like them, to earn their respect. If you ask me, it's not worth it."

[Dais]

As the polite conversation with her guests finishes and the dais is cleared, Daube stands again, in order to address the crowd. "My friends! I have a bit of a surprise for all of you! Some entertainment, straight from the Underdark. A test of strength and cunning. Gladitorial Combat!" The Matron declares, triumphant.

The palace guards cleared the center of the ball room once again, and the front doors were pulled wide. In stepped a muscular figure, humanoid but not of any recognizeable species. His skin was dark and dusky, but he was too large to be a drow. Beneath the light armor he wore, scales the color of stone could be seen. He carried a sword, its blade broad and curved to a wicked point. He stopped in the center of the room and raised his blade in one hand, to the cheers of the drow in the crowd. Most knew what to expect, and knew the reputation of this particular gladiator, a pet project of the Matron's. The gladiator turned and bowed to her, dropping to his knees to do so, before rising again to face the door.

What came through next was no gladiator, but a terrible abomination. The creature was half drow and half massive spider. A Drider. While some would consider such a clear touch of the Spider Queen a blessing, this particular transformation was clearly not meant to be so. The transition from drow to spider was not a smooth one. Chitinous armor covered his deep black skin in patches. One hand was twisted into a mass of thin spider claws. The other arm was strong, but still Elven, marked with a tattoo of a snake coiling up the forearm. His mouth held spider like fangs, one significantly larger than the other. The rest of his face was untouched, his expression recognizable, to those who dared meet his red eyes when they appeared from beneath the mass of dreadlocked white hair.

[Ballroom]

Sornnolu made his way towards the dais, accompanied by his sister and shadowed by a guard. He ignored the entertainment, his focus on the Matron. This was going to take some careful explaining. Perhaps she would be lenient if her favorite gladiator was doing well.

Sszinyon turned to regard the combatants. He did not recognize the gladiator, having been too long away from the Underdark, but he was certain the mongrel was one of his eldest sister's experiments. He tried his best not to stare at the drider, only sparing a glance for the poor tortured soul. The drow did a double take, however, not believing his eyes. "Adin'rar?" He whispered, but those closest to him would hear his outburst.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Maybe. She didn't listen when I told her not t..." Ilpholin trails off. Perhaps not best to finish that comment implicitly.

Ilpholin looks a bit confused at first upon gift mentioning. And then her eyes get rather wide and, perhaps even startled. She didn't think he...
    Ilpholin will gingerly take the amulet, cupping it, but she finds herself rather speechless as a whole. All her plots and schemes and thoughts just seem to fly out of her head as she stares at it.
    I think she manages to mumble a thank you as she took it though.

[Ballroom]

Oooh. A gladiator contest. This could be interesting.
    Mister Squiggles is, of course, rooting for the drider. It just seems important to have some representation of the spider class.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #538

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"What do you mean?" Sadei asks the young drow. The girl is just a girl. Still obviously half-drow, yes. But there's nothing terribly remarkable about her. And she's been a young girl the whole time! Clearly not a horrible monster of any kind. And believing otherwise would be downright crazy!

Her dress seems to be just fine.

As for Raven!

...she's lurking.

Somewhere. Finding her isn't going to be simple.

What about Zee?

She looks aghast.

"...they aren't going to kill each other, are they? Right in the middle of the ballroom?" seems she isn't terribly fond of this idea.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Endrik looks over at Sszy, somewhat confused. Who had the drow recognised? The drider? Endrik had never heard the name, before, but then he had always been careful not to pry too much into Sszinyon's past. It was, the paladin felt, best not to dwell on the past, and he was sure there were plenty of dark secrets in Sszinyon's.

"What is it?" the paladin asked, placing a hand on the drow's arm.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

[Ballroom]

At the mention of a gladitorial contest, the red-haired Exalt looked up with interest, her eyes narrowing at the drider's appearance.

And then she looks around for a place where she can place bets.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items