New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Fascinating. And Tobias really considers those fields fascinating. What he isn't so thrilled about is the idea of the drow using them. HALO has a... magical genetic engineer, but we don't use any real augmentations.
    "Magical genetic engineering? That must be fascinating," Naitiri says. Her eyes are bright and curious, but it's hard to make out since they're so wholly artificial. "The one thing Elexxion can't figure out is magic. Are you a practitioner, Mr. Vulpan? Seems most everyone here is."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Yes, I am a Druid and have studied many aspects of druidic magic, including genetics. He smiles and gestures to his fox eyes. I gave myself these eyes, as a matter of fact. Of course, the druidic magic in my world is a lot more scientific and advanced than in other universes.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-09-24 at 10:34 PM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace-with Magtok]

Really? First goblins, now stuck-up little 'matrons' who are up past their bedtime? Inala has had enough. She puts on her bast fake smile and looks at Elvanriina.

"Excuse me. You are a little young so let me explain two things. One: You wait your turn. And second you do not insult a guest's clothing so blatantly." She turns back to Magtok, smiling apologetically.

"I apologize sir. Not all Matrons are as...demanding."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace-with Sorn]

Asim walks back toward Sorn, but a figure catches his eye and he nearly does a double take.

No...No it couldn't be him.

Asim had heard rumors of the figure. The darker ones were intense even for the Drow. A disgraced figure by even his own family...the wizard shudders, and keeps his eyes focused on Sorn. When he gets near his side, Asim manages to speak in an even tone.

"What a party so far. Good food, decent ambiance, psychotic child matrons and..." Asim looks over his shoulder to make sure no one can over hear. "Is that Sszinyon?"
    Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 2012-09-24 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Streets]

The drowess laughs. Some of it was due to nerves, but mostly genuine. "It's complicated, really." She says. "But I suppose, in here, it's a good thing, right? I'm not ashamed, really, it's just... Well, I don't think they even know I exist, to be honest."

[Xar'Cha Palace]

A curt nod is all that Asim recieves in reply to that question. "And my Aunt hasn't even arrived yet." The mage agrees quietly. And there were still a few guests missing.

Felyn'wae Auvryana steps away from his side, leaving the two men to talk amongst themselves. She headed for the refreshment tables, her eyes on the sweets.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Market Street

The stranger tries not to let the disappointment show. She is suddenly looking a lot less useful.

T͙̰̔̆̀r͙̹̉ͤ̎̐ͥͤ͢͟aͦ͗́̉̈́͏̳̖̜͎͔̮̲ṡ̷̙͉̭͊̔ͬ͗͂ͩh̅͂ͣ͒͑̃ ̜̟̺̗̺͈̱ͩ̕̕͡.̘̯͓̦̼̙̲̥̼ͨ̂ ̨̼̯ͦ͗̚ ̲͍͍̠͍̯͔͉͑̌̒́͛́̃ͮ̚D̩͉ͪ̃͋ͯ̈́͑ị̳̟͙͈͚̯̼̆͗̒̋̇ͤ͠͡s̺̠ͯͦͬ͡ ͕͓͇̻̝̖č̛̙̳̠̼̳̙͍̟͛͌ͧa̔̓̉̽͂̊̓̚͜͏̢͔̲̟͉̺̤r̡̩̻̫̪̪͇̙̣ͭd ̥̥͚̙̪̘̫̄̍̇ͦ̾͒̄̊́͘̕ ̺͈̙͎̫̊̐̿ͨͯ̀h̰̭͆̓̽̇̂ͫ̓́ė̵̟̹̲r̯̱ͪ̄ ̸̠̪̜͙͕̪͖̟͛̏͆̓ͦ̈́̊͋̊i͕̓́́n̨ͩ̍͐͜͏͓̙̬ ̣̬̉ͣ͘t͓̖̗̬̩̥͇̉̀ͮh̟͕ͬ͒͊́e̺͗̿̂ ͤ̿̌͒̀ͪ͘҉̺̟͕͕͖̦̲ͅģ̉ͯ̔̾̈́̓̐҉̪̞u͆͆̓͂ͮ̈͏̣͞t̼̟̱͇̒̽͆ͧ̆ͫ́ ̦̜̮̘t̝̞̮̀́̓̀e̮̰̞̻̠̱̤̱͗̍ͣr̸̛̫ͨ̅͐ͣͫ̑ͧ̋̂͝.̯̻͚̲͎ͦ̃ ̜*

They ignore the voice again. It is far too early to make such judgements. At the very least she could be kidnapped and held for ransom. That is a messy approach, though.

You are unknown to them? Or ignored? If you are an heir to the house, you should assert your heritage.

*Trash. Discard her in the gutter.
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-09-24 at 11:12 PM.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

6. - Top - End - #306

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Jane starts to approach Ilpholin. She'd heard that this was the new leader of AMEN, and it would be good to make some connections around the various organisations while her leader was failing to do so.

7. - Top - End - #307

Xar'Cha Palace

Magtok waves a hand dismissively, and smiles right back.

"It's fine, Ms. Aleth, really. You're not the only one here who's had rowdy kids before, after all."

Can hardly fault a woman for having a buttface daughter when you were the one responsible for Kaela and Cynthia, right? I mean, all those apocalypses were a bit more significant than being called a girl by some-

Wait, what? No, that's not her mother! They're not even related to each other, not even in the same House! You're making a terrible mistake here, Maggy, a terrible mistake!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Samona is taken a bit off guard by the way the young Matron addresses Maggy. She glances between the different speaking parties and decides it would be wise to stay silent for the moment. She doesn't have a full understanding of the situation, and she doubts it's a good time to be commenting.

Ryldolin, on the other hand, takes a subtle step backward. There is no way this could go anything but horribly, and he sure doesn't want to be caught in the crossfire. He has no idea who the woman addressing Elvanriina is, but something tells him that she's not in a position to be talking to any matron mother like that.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Streets]

"Unknown. At least, that's what we hoped." The drowess replies. "I'm older now, though. I wanted to learn who my family was. Who my father was, but... I don't know if he wants to speak to me. And I don't know if I should be speaking with them." The dragon-blooded girl was uneasy now. She had suddenly realized how dangerous being in a crowd of drow born of the Underdark really was. She didn't know anyone here, not even this... person she was speaking to. "I'm sorry, I'm yammering on and I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Aly'ithra. May I ask yours?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

The paladin nodded to Sszy. So, the food was safe. Probably. Still, it never hurt to be careful.

"Naturally." Endrik said to Shrike, checking his belt to confirm that the vials of antitoxin were still there. He had more, of course, but he wanted to be sure there was some in easy reach. "I am afraid, however, that I do not know what your title means."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

11. - Top - End - #311

WolfInSheepsClothing

Market Street

So many things at play. So many opportunities. An unknown child. The possibilities almost make the stranger's mouth water. Almost. It is too early to celebrate just yet.

It is an honor, Aly'ithra. My name is Irzayle.

They pause for a moment.

It is an unconventional name, but I am an unconventional drow. Perhaps I could be of assistance to you, somehow.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sszinyon smirks a bit. He had nothing to worry about from poison, either. "It is quite a curious one. Almost poetic." The drow agrees with Endrik.

[Market Streets]

"Well, I'm new to this neighbourhood. This entire city, in fact. Do you know your way around here? Is there more to see?" Aly'ithra asks, excited. "I've never seen anything like this." She says, admiring the scene around them. The varied peoples, so many drow! The lights, the colors, the smells, the music. It was all so new and foreign to her, and yet, this was her heritage. "Is it like this here all the time? Do all drow live like this?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #313

WolfInSheepsClothing

Market Street

Jackpot. Irzaye smiles, a genuine smile, though probably for entirely different reasons than Aly'ithra might interpret it.

There is so much more to see. I am new here as well, but in the last few days I have seen much already. Most drow do not live in places like this. But this town has made do outside of the underdark.

They motion for Aly'ithra to follow them down Market Street.

If you would honor me with your company. We shall have a look around, yes?

Lͭͥ͛ͫ҉̸̺̗̪̞̯a̷̦̺͔̪̟͇̬̅ͧ̀͞m̛̟͚̱ͫ͐̄̓̔͆ͬ̏b̠͎͕̈́ͣͯ͢ ̷̙͚͇̯̆͗̒͋͟t̴͔͙͍ͨ͌͂ͬ̊͑̀́̚o͖̳̙̭͇͉͇ͨͬ͐́ͩ̌ͧ̆͘ ̫̲͈̹͓̤̮̃̈́͋̒͆ͪ͑̾ṫ̲̤̮͔͓̩͇̠h̝̲̞̰͊̔͌ͩ͜e̓̀ͫͨ̆̂҉̲͓͟ ̲̼̳͎̍́̾̃̍̃ͣ͂ͦs̸̝̣̣͖̤̞̙ͦ̿̏̀̈́ͭ̌͒̃l̸̛̦̼̖̦͍̻͉̗̩̆́̏aͩ̆̉ ̧̭͈͚̝̮̦̉̐̄ͫ̿ủ̼̥̱ͬͤͫͪ̐̐g̰͙͔͈͍̬͊̽̓͆̾̒̃̽͜͞ḫ̂̌̂̈́͑ͨͭ̚ ̺͓̟͚͔̰tͥͨ̂͑̈̀̈́ͨ͏̻̲̟ͅë͙́̾̄̆̽̄͋̉̚rͧ̾ͨ̑͡҉̦͔̭͓̫̘.͆ͧ̒͆͠ ̱̺̻̗*

*Lamb to the slaughter.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Streets]

"I would like that. Thank you." Another oddity from the oddly out of place drowess. She says thank you. With a light step, she follows Irzayle down the street.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin looks up at Jane upon approach and tilts an eyebrow slightly, but lets Jane provide the open remarks. Largely because Ilpholin hasn't a clue who Jane is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #316

Xar'Cha Palace

Elvanriina turns to her peer with a sickeningly saccharine smile and bright giggle that echos throughout the expansive room eerily, sending chills up the spines of the Baenneld males who know and avoid that sound through long fought experience and survival instinct.

"Inala Aleth, you are a little old, so let me explain two things. One, a drow takes what she deserves, and loses what she cannot hold. If your place in this conversation is so important, fight for it instead of demeaning yourself with these petty insults. And two." The young matron's eyes darken cruelly as her smile grows a few millimeters past wide and into unsettling.

"Do not think you can insult the Archmage of House Baenneld twice without reprisal. I will not attribute your forgetfulness to senility a second time." Her rather ominous promise delivered, her nasty nature turns penitent as she inclines her head in Magtok's direction.

"But she is right about one matter, and I apologize for being misinformed. You have acquired quite the reputation as an accomplished crossdresser in my part of the Underdark Lord Magtok, and I thought to address you as your station befit. Now that I'm aware that reputation is unfounded, I will stick to more common forms of address." With her pleasant, formal side temporarily restored, the few males of her house that were lingering near the wall and watching the conversation let out nearly inaudible sighs of released tension.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Teb saw Sszinyon enter. That wasn't a very good sign. Then he saw the situation between the Matrons of House Aleth and House Baenneld, which thankfully was seeming to diffuse itself. To Teb this was starting to look like a powder keg that was ready to blow from just the wrong word placed at the wrong time.

And the Matron of honor hadn't even shown up yet.

"I need a drink." Tebtranlyn muttered to himself before making his way over to the refreshments.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #318

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"An honor to meet you, Ilpholin Xar'Cha. Your name and achievements are often discussed among those in my line of work," Jane says. A bit of flattery never hurt anyone.

19. - Top - End - #319

Xar'Cha Palace

"An accomplished crossdresser."

Magtok blinks, and then blinks again. Okay, so this child isn't whatshername's daughter, then, but a full-fledged noble all on her own? That makes about as much sense as a vampire with a kissing booth, or an undead pediatrician.

"...I need a drink."

Well of course drow would think like that, wouldn't they? Yes, clearly any surface males with anywhere near his kind of influence would have to be downplayed somehow, lest any drow with an XY chromosome get too uppity or unduly ambitious. A positive role model like that needs to be put down, lest the masses get to thinking they might not be as inferior as Lolth claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Why thank you. What, may I ask, is your profession per say?" Ilpholin asks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Hm? I'd assumed knowledge of the Exalted was widely known, although it has been awhile since some were here and left," Shrike says apologetically, finishing her punch. "The Solar Exalted are the Chosen of Sol Invictus, the Unconquered Sun. His priests and priestesses, his warriors, his Lawgivers. The Castes of Solar Exalted are varyingly blessed to excel in different areas. The Night Caste...we are those who ensure that things are done without those they are done to ever knowing."

...a very small frown crosses her face a moment later, as she somehow just knows that, somewhere, a Magtok is laughing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #322

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"My profession is often looked down on," Jane says, "But needed by those of the higher classes who wish for their problems to be erased." She puts a particular emphasis on the word 'problems.'

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace-with little brats]

Inala laughs, smiling at the little matron the way someone would stare at disobedient niece.

"I shall keep that in mind little girl. Now run along and play with your dolls and let the people who actually work for a living talk."

With that, she turns away from Elvanriina and approaches Magtok again, all business.

"Now then. As you may or may not be aware, I'm the leader of the Custom's House. Any trade that passes into the city must go by there. Now, typically there are rather high tariffs on good from the outside. But, perhaps we could work out some sort of deal?" She smiles sweetly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace-with Sorn]

Asim fetches a sigh from deep within him, and rubs his eyes.

"Of course. You can't have a party without your entire family showing up. And of course, you have to play the good host." Asim looks around at the assembled guests. "Once everyone gets here, how long do you think until they all leave again? Five hours? Six?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I see... I'll admit, I'm a bit surprised there are those who can find work of that nature in the Nexus. Must be especially difficult." So Jane must be especially skilled. Or doesn't get paid very much.

Unless she's talking about something ridiculous like rescuing cats from trees. But Ilpholin doesn't think she misunderstood that badly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #325

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Well, cats can often get themselves out of trees, so I will admit that jobs are less plentiful here than where I'm from. Not enough snooty members of the higher class," Jane says. Hopefully this collection of Drow houses could change that, but she doubted it.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"You haven't been around much drow then. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll make up for it all in this single night." Ilpholin replies. At least in terms of snootiness. She is less sure about jobs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #327

"The drow here do seem to be rather similar to previous clients... with a few exceptions," Jane says, while glancing at the child Matron. "I'm looking forward to making contact with them."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin thinks for a bit. "You know... I might have an opportunity for you. It wouldn't be your standard fare, but it'd require your skillset. If you're interested." Of course, details beyond that probably shouldn't be given here of all places.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #329

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Jane grins a little. "Any job is of interest to me. You'll have to give me more details at a later time." She certainly didn't want to discuss her work in any non-vague terms around any prying ears.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"After tonight then." Tonight might take a rather long time though, so there'll probably be some plotclone action going on later somewhere. "Where might I find you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast