1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Xar'Cha Palace-With Magtok

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace-With Magtok]

Inala smiles politely, the way she was trained to smile when cutting deals with people. It's quite similar to the way some sociopaths smile when they cut throats, really.
    "I ask for very little. Just the assurance that you remember this favor from us. After all, I'm sure someone else could have gotten your good here somehow..." The implication is clear. She wants Magtok in her debt, and is willing to go far to get it.
    "Do we have a deal?"

"We do. And I can assure you, there's no need to worry about me forgetting...well, anything, really."

Magtok taps the left side of his head with one finger. Give him five seconds and he could probably tell you exactly how many times Kirk blinked at the MagCave party, let you know how many eyelashes Eric had, and quote the entirety of page 78 from War and Peace.

"Nothing leaves this thing unless I tell it to."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

"You really don't have to keep paying for things for me." Aly'ithra says, somewhat embarassed to bring up the subject. "It's not that I'm not grateful, but I do have my own coin. But thank you, again, I'm sure my family will want to reward you for helping me." That's what big noble families do for people, right? Besides, a small purse of coins to repay a man wouldn't be much from the wealth that they held. Aly'ithra smiled, confident that was the truth and went back to looking at the clothes. A sari-like design in red and gold had caught her eye, and she was holding up the fabric to th eback of her hand to see how the color went with her scales.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Market Street

It is nothing. I'm sure they will reward me as well.

Or at least not have them beheaded on the spot. Oh, the hardships of infamy. But those details will be worked out later.

The colours go well with your eyes. Perhaps something a little darker, though?
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Streets]

"You're right. Don't want to stand out too much." She says with a laugh. "I do that enough as it is!"

Soon enough she will have an appropriate dress and they were ready to head for the palace. Aly'ithra was a bit nervous, but tried to hide it. There were so many guards. She couldn't even begin to count how many were in the square alone.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

5. - Top - End - #395

WolfInSheepsClothing

Market Square

Irzayle could tell her how many there were. But that is only because they had been counting them since they arrived in the city.

It is not always a bad thing to stand out. The key is standing out for all the right reasons. And for you, none of the right reasons involve your clothing. Shall we go, then?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

A decorated carriage approaches the palace, a single jade chiffon banner across the back silently announcing the approach of a House Renor'vlos drow. As it stops, the door swings open and an older woman steps out, a wisp of smoke leaving the carriage with her. Wrapped in an emerald-colored cheongsam and decorated head-to-toe in golden jewelry embedded with all manner of precious gems, it could be none other than the matron mother of Renor'vlos herself.

Walking with a gait that couldn't be more ostentatious, she passes by the guards with almost no signs of acknowledging their presence, but a lone nod. Once inside, she looks across the party, noting those faces she knows and eyeing the ones she does not. While her face does not change from its smug, imperious half-smile, she sighs with relief beneath the facade. The Xar'Cha matron has not appeared yet. Good... With so little as a flip of her mane of hair, she announces herself to the party and goes to find someone to flaunt and/or talk to.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzyy catches the sight of the second Matron to join the party, and not the guest of honor yet it seems. But intriguing none the less. The rather flashily dressed drow saunters over to the Matron. "Matron Renor'vlos if I do recall. It's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance." He pulls off his top hat and bows low. "Izz'daer Xar'Cha, at your service."

[Xar'Cha Palace - Childrens!]

Ryldolin just boggles at her for a moment. "Is that some kind of magic?" Not like anything he's seen, but he hasn't really seen a whole lot of magic. "So, uh, who's your mother again?"

[Xar'Cha Palace - With Magtok]

Samona thinks she's going to have to have a talk with Maggy about this afterward. There's a lot to be gained here. "I hate to impose when I've said so little as of yet, but I'm afraid we haven't been properly introduced. Samona Mase, a business partner of Magtok's."

8. - Top - End - #398

[Xar'Cha Palace]

It grates on her. As much as she tries to push it aside, it grates on her. Full of pomp, arrogant, and self-important they carry themselves above those around them. Wrapping themselves in bits of colorful fabric and shiny baubles. Worthless little things that will fade and corrode with time. And even should they endure? They will burn along with the world's dying sun.

She knows well enough how the drow treat each other. And worse still how they treat other races. And... she just can't abide it. That smug self-satisfaction. To consider one's self above another. Better. Of greater worth.

Compared to her they are lilies of the field. They bloom with great glory for but a day and cast into the flames the next. So why does she bother to treat these creatures with some degree of dignity and respect?

...because she cares.

She can't not care. To care for, to tend to, to watch over, to love the little squirming things that wriggle so blindly across the skin of the world is her nature. And her nature can not be denied.

An idle thought. What would it be like if her Will were free in that regard? If she were free to belittle and demean and abuse those of lesser power than herself? Would she be as cruel as they? She would hope not. But... it isn't a question she can ever answer. She can't make that choice.

Zee takes in a slow breath and pans her gaze across those gathered. She's being way to philosophical for this party. Isn't this supposed to be enjoyable? Buh. Too bad that pink talking horse isn't running this shindig. It would be about a zillion times more entertaining.

Hmmm...

Time for an old standby!

MEANWHILE!

"Magic?" Sadei replies uncertainly. "Umm... I... I don't think so?"

She doesn't sound terribly certain.

"Oh, Mother is..." the girl begins-

"BOOP!"

-only to get booped in the nose by Zee who was most certainly nowhere nearby a few moments prior.

And in being booped the completely false impression that the little girl was anything other than half-owl half-fox half-antelope half-gecko chimera of snowy white fur and feather and scale is stripped away. Her dress doesn't seem very pleased about this sudden revelation.

"Eep! Mooooom! My dress!"
    Sadei whines plaintively.

Zee then reaches out and seizes Raven by the tail and yanks the chimera into sight. "Bawk!" Raven lands rather heavily on her feet and tries to act casual, rather akin to a cat who just rolled off the top of a dryer and is trying desperately to make it appear as though the action were intended.

Where Sadei looks graceful and pure Raven is dark and nightmarish. The two sisters are like night and day.

Zee grins a rather manic grin. "Okay girls! I want both of you to be sociable! I'm going to go see how many of your siblings I can round up. I bet we can manage to find a way to make this party interesting yet!"

An accusing finger is pointed at Raven. "And no slinking off, you! No being grumpy! And no hiding under the table like you did at the last party. Toodles!"

With that Zee slips out of sight via no discernible fashion, leaving two very awkward looking chimera sisters behind.

"So... ah... that was Mother... and this is Raven?" Sadei begins rather lamely, gesturing between her sibling and the drow boy with a hoof/paw/claw/talon. "Raven? This is Ryldolin. He's our... umm... cousin..."

"Charmed," Raven huffs in a voice that's about as inviting as the dead vacuum of space.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Two creatures had just appeared. Out of nowhere. One second there was only humanoids that you would come to expect from a universe that seemed to take the template of human for it's standard and the next there were two impossible creatures just standing there between the refreshments and the main stairs.

And they were standing by Teb's younger half-brother.

The drow assassin reacted instantly. "Send" He cast even as he quickly, easily, and silently moved through the crowd. "Sornnolu, problem, stairs, impossible to miss." Tebtranlyn finished sending the magical message to Sornnolu just as he reached the two chimeras.

"Ryldolin, behind me. Now." Teb ordered the younger male but with the way he nearly shoved the boy backwards hardly gave him any room to disobey. A dagger flashed into Teb's hand as he raised it to point at Raven and Sadei.

"What in the nine hells are you and how did you get in here without anyone noticing?!" Teb kept his voice low, but it was strained as he forced himself not to shout. He didn't know if these beasts were intelligent or not but he hoped. Because if wild beasts of this could get in with all the protection around the palace it probably mean an entire new set of guards would be hired after the ones that let this happen disappeared.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Even before Teb arrives, Ryldolin takes a couple hasty steps backward. What exactly just happened? He's about to muster the will to say something when Teb shoves him backward. The boy stumbles, almost but not quite toppling over. Despite the situation, he still glares at Teb's back.

"They weren't going to hurt me." He says with irritation in his voice. At least he's pretty sure they weren't. He's honestly not sure what he should have expected from them.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"And then you can help me decide whether I should remain on the surface and contribute to our nephew's little enterprise. I'm not entirely convinced of its utility, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt any of my projects at home if I took a few years off."
    Ethelay says.

Behold! A tektek!

Ethelay snags a glass of wine from a waiter's tray as she waits for her little brother to answer, only raising an eyebrow at the sudden manifestation of starspawn creatures near her youngest son.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Ilpholin stops chatting to Mister Squiggles for a moment.
    Oh boy.
    Them. How did they get invited, especially if Raril himself wasn't even here? Probably Sorn kissing up to the Councillors again. Ugh. Well maybe they wouldn't want to talk to her, but this is bound to turn out poorly somehow. At least Teb was reacting with all the wit of someone who never met the freak family. That might be amusing.

She looks around at some of the other new arrivals and gives a saccharine smile to anyone who catches her eye.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-01 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"The Exalted were originally created by the gods to slay the Primordials," Shrike explains. "as the gods, having been created by the Primordials, could not act against their creators. Once the Primordials were defeated, however, the Exaltations remained, choosing those who have done great things to become even greater. Essentially we are chosen to be Heroes, in the classical sense of the term."
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"In my experience," Endrik says, "heroes are never chosen. You may hear stories about chosen ones and saviors of the world, but that is all they are. Just stories. If one wants to be great, one must fight for it, every step of the way, clawing and scrabbling and making their way, slowly, to the top of the pile. Then begins the struggle to stay there, to prevent others from clawing and scrabbling over top of you."

The paladin has seen a lot. It's made him somewhat cynical, to say the least. "The Exalted, as you tell it, clearly have great power. What have they done to earn it? What systems are in place to prevent the abuse of that power?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

14. - Top - End - #404

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Tobias' keen eyes notice the flash of a dagger. Oh, good. I was wondering when they would start killing the guests. Needless to say, he was finding the party rather boring so far. He looks around at the drow standing nearest to him and starts deciding if he has time to go rescue the chimeras or if he'll be stabbed in the back first.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #405

[Xar'Cha Palace]

See?

Amusing! Though maybe in an awkward and jarring fashion. And perhaps something else beyond that. Zee knows well enough how Sadei would choose to calm things down if given a chance. Maybe that's just what the party needs.

Sadei was trying to being as reassuring as possible even as Ryldolin backed away. But when the older drow suddenly steps in and draws the weapon the brighter chimera gives a small "Meep!" and hides behind her sister, doing her best to shrink out of sight.

The surprising part? It actually works.

Raven just narrows her eyes at the dagger-wielding drow. "We are the draegloth children of Raril Xar'cha," she replies coolly. "My sister was invited here by Sornnolu some hours before the party began. As my sister is quite naive to the ways of the world I often serve as her shadow just in case some fool feels inclined to brandish a knife at her. Say hello, Sadei."

"H... hello..." the white chimera squeaks, scarcely audible.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-01 at 10:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "We're doing well," Goldbaka says. "Ever since we founded the Underside Colony, it has steadily grown. We've claimed and dug many new tunnels. We also seem to be undergoing a bit of a fashion revolution. Apparently, a visitor appeared in one of the hubs and before she retreated to the surface, she left behind a number of design that have spread among some strata of society."
    Xar'Cha Palace

"Oh? Well, I do enjoy perusing new fashions, as you might be able to tell from my non-traditional attire." That's one way of putting it. Normally drow don't wear pastel pink frilly dresses with skulls along the hems, "Perhaps I will have to visit some time and examine these designs for myself. If you would have the honor of hosting me of course."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu frowns as his conversation is interrupted, but when he notices the source of the commotion, a fascinated smile takes over. Ah, so that is what they are. "There is not need for alarm, Tebtranlyn. Those are my father's other children." The mage replies to the message, and Teb will probably pick up on the hint of disdain in his voice. It wasn't that Sorn didn't like his new siblings, he simply disliked what they represented. "And as such, they are members of this House." Here his tone was clear. They were family, and under their protection. Tebtranlyn's protection in particular, since he was in charge of security for the evening. He should probably put the knife away.

Sornnolu noted the arrival of the last of the Matrons invited, pleased to see his cousin greeting her. He glanced around, mentally checking the guests he could see and recalled greeting against the list of those invited. It seemed to him that everyone was here. A gesture brought one of the guards to his side, a male dressed in blackened leather and mail, overlaid with a tabard and gold and blue enameled pauldrons, along with a matching helm. It served to make him nameless and faceless in the crowd, but this close Asim may recognize the guard as Divoyn, Sorrnolu's right hand drow.

"Inform the Matron's aides that all of the guests have arrived." Sornnolu tells him quietly. "And keep an eye on my cousin." A curt nod is the only reply he recieves from Divoyn before the drow disappears back into the crowd. Sornnolu smiles apologetically to Asim, bidding him to please, continue the conversation.

"You know I would be pleased if you remained with us on the Surface for a time." Sszinyon says to his sister. "There are many things to be enjoyed here." He also notices the suddenly appearing Chimeras. "My brother's children." He practically growls. "They are no threat to your own, Ethelay, unless your eldest provokes them." In which case, young Ryldolin would be getting a raise in his station, Sszinyon suspects. Then Zee would get involved, and possibly this 'Mister G' nearby, as well as his dear sister, who he knew would do anything to protect her own. It would all devolve into a fantastic mess if no one disarmed the situation. He could imagine Sornnolu throwing a fit about all of it. And how would Danube react? House Xar'Cha losing face in front of the entire Nexus. Blood on the ballroom floor. She would probably shut down the entire operation, recall and reassess, until amends could be made, but the damage would be done.

On the other hand the Matron could lock down the room and kill every non-drow inside. Sszinyon would have to do something to defend Endrik, in that case, but the Paladin wasn't involved in the incident. Surely the man had the sense to just look the other way? If not, they may both end up getting killed. The drow did not like that thought. Eira, as caring as she was, was not fit to raise their son. No, should things escalate, Sszinyon decided he would have to step in, or make a quick exit. Yes, that was the safer option.

A light touch on Endrik's arm would hopefully alert the man to the possible need to react and move quickly.

"Draegloth?" A voice asks Raven. It came from a blue-skinned drowess dressed not in an evening gown, but rather full shining armor. It was not heavy or clunky, but rather molded and formed to fit her body, and feminine curves. The cobalt colored steel was chased with golden spider web designs. The breast plate depicted a scene inlaid in gold of the Spider Queen herself, standing over subjugated figures of the various Underdark races, their differing skin tones made from precious stones. Her skirt was fine links of chainmail, coming past her knees, decorated with strips of blue silk, embroidered with flowing drow script in gold, their words from unholy texts. On her belt writhed a many tendrilled snake-headed whip, making her as a powerful High Priestess of Lolth. "You do not look like any Draegloth I have ever seen. How is it my blasphemous little brother keeps spawning all of these supposed Draegloth?
    " Hirriel Xar'Cha questions.

Elsewhere in the ballroom, Felyn'wae was actively searching out Zee. Having brought Sadei to the Palace, she was aware of the girl's nature and heritage. The drowess hoped her mother could calm the situation, entirely unaware that Zee had been the source of the trouble in the first place.

One of the nearby drow laughs at Tobias' remark. She was a drowess, nearly identical to the one who had earlier accompanied Sornnolu, though her hair was styled differently, and she wore a gold dress accented with a blue spider on her hip where the fabric gathered and a long slit began. Twins, it would seem.

"Do you truly think us so uncivilized?" Bae'kiira Auvryana asks, a wicked smile on her face, much more predatory that her sister's welcoming expression had been. Tobias will also notice that she wore a symbol of Llolth, depicting the spider queen herself, on a cameo tied around her throat with a length of ribbon.

[Palace Entrance]

Aly'ithra nodded and tried to look confident as they approached the Palace proper. She had never been to an event even a tenth as large, and was nervous. Still, she was doing well to keep her head high. She belonged here. This was her family. Her birthright... right?

She and Irzdayle drew some scrutinizing stares from the Palace Guards, more so than they might with other guests. Aly'ithra was odd enough to draw stares all on her own, but she was clearly Xar'Cha, and one they did not recognize. Irzdayle too was strange, and rumor followed them. What was hidden behind that mask? Their approach created a subtle flurry of activity among the ranks of the guards, as this news was passed along to their superiors.

The pair was able to move unaccosted along the path that led up to the Palace doors, but there they were approached by a footman in blue and gold livery, asking for an invitation. Caught off guard, Aly'ithra looked to Irzdayle for help.

Inside the Palace, Tebtranlyn may notice his communicator gently vibrating, alerting him that someone was trying to contact him. Should he answer, he'll be told of the two new guests outside.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

"It was unwise of Sornnolu not to give Tebtranlyn that information before the party began."
    Ethelay notes. "I know it's difficult to track all of Raril's by-blows, but when their mother is on the guest list, the children should have been mentioned - however peculiar those children are."

Being less pessimistic than Sszinyon, Ethelay does not anticipate a full bloodbath coming of events, so she merely sips her wine and watches.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Samona thinks she's going to have to have a talk with Maggy about this afterward. There's a lot to be gained here. "I hate to impose when I've said so little as of yet, but I'm afraid we haven't been properly introduced. Samona Mase, a business partner of Magtok's."

Inala almost sighs with exasperation, instead she keeps her face care. Really, was it to much to ask to do a simple business transaction without some hussie or goblin interrupting? Honestly. She bows to the woman, Salmon or something, smiling.

"The pleasure is mine. My name is Inala Aleth. You said you were a business partner of the Lord? What pray, tell do you manage?"
    It was an innocent enough question. One completely devoid of scorn or sarcasm.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace - With Sorn]

Asim was about to complement Sorn's possible solution (and silently wonder why he hadn't thought of that yet) when the Chimeras appeared. Asim nearly drops his glass, but manages to keep enough wits about him to only bobble it slightly. Taking a breath, he tries to speak again.

"I...umm...That is to say, thank-you for the idea, I'll have to try..." He falters slightly, coughs, and then asks the question that had been bugging him. ""I'm sorry you said those where your step...siblings?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

20. - Top - End - #410

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Zee is conspicuously absent. And she'll probably remain conspicuously absent for some time yet.

Mister G manages to pick up on Sszy's worry... somehow. He gives a small shake of his head and leans on his cane that he may or may not have had previously. "K'rax just can't leave things alone. My sister has never really struck me as the sort suited for such formal gatherings. She simply doesn't have the patience for them."

Sounds like he isn't at all concerned for the well being of Sadei and Raven. Probably because he isn't.

Raven's ear twitches toward the priestess as she speaks, though she isn't going to take her eyes of the drow with a knife until the weapon is put away. Raven isn't terribly concerned about a knife, magical or otherwise, doing any lasting harm to her sister. But Sadei is quite sensitive and wouldn't take the attack very well. "How indeed? Mother favors him for reasons all her own," comes Raven's total non-answer.

Sadei is finally peeking out from behind Raven again. She... really wants to sing. It would make her feel better. And probably help calm others down too. But after what she had been told about singing in public she really isn't sure what to do. Would it offend someone? Make the situation worse? She fidgets uncomfortably and hums to herself, a slowly rising tune that that evaporates fear as the morning sun burns off the dew.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Hmm... if that girl started singing, it'd be a disaster. Ilpholin already saw what she could force people and creatures to do. While she wouldn't particularly care if this soiree turned bad, she doesn't want to risk falling under anyone's control, even if she is better protected than most.

Unfortunately it means informing Sorn mostly. The things one does...
    Ilpholin leaves Mister Squiggles' side to gracefully glide over to Sornnolu. Upon approach, she gives him and his conversation partner a deeper bow than she usually provides. "I must deeply apologize for interrupting, but if I may talk with you Sornnolu. Now..." It was less a command and more an urgency.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #412

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [b]

[Palace Entrance]

Aly'ithra nodded and tried to look confident as they approached the Palace proper. She had never been to an event even a tenth as large, and was nervous. Still, she was doing well to keep her head high. She belonged here. This was her family. Her birthright... right?

She and Irzdayle drew some scrutinizing stares from the Palace Guards, more so than they might with other guests. Aly'ithra was odd enough to draw stares all on her own, but she was clearly Xar'Cha, and one they did not recognize. Irzdayle too was strange, and rumor followed them. What was hidden behind that mask? Their approach created a subtle flurry of activity among the ranks of the guards, as this news was passed along to their superiors.

The pair was able to move unaccosted along the path that led up to the Palace doors, but there they were approached by a footman in blue and gold livery, asking for an invitation. Caught off guard, Aly'ithra looked to Irzdayle for help.

Inside the Palace, Tebtranlyn may notice his communicator gently vibrating, alerting him that someone was trying to contact him. Should he answer, he'll be told of the two new guests outside.
    Irzayle does their best to remain calm. They are quick to discard the cloak and show off the fine clothing they are wearing. When they are stopped at the door, Irzayle quickly steps forward and makes a sweeping gesture towards Aly'ithra.

May I present Aly'ithra Xabaresh Chaeron of House Xar'Cha, Eighth House of Menzoberranzan, Member of the Ruling Council, Governors of Delmah Phor. Coming to Delmah Phor after many years of travel, once more to the house of her family of great import. Forgive our lack of invitation, but we beg entrance at once. At the very least, inform Matron Danube of our arrival.

It grates them, having to play servant monkey to this girl, but the more the guards assume Irzayle is just an unnamed lackey, the better. Getting into the party needs to rely entirely on Aly'ithra's family name.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"They are." Sornnolu confirms for Asim, looking mildly annoyed. Asim would probably know that is Sorn was actually showing some negative emotion, there was even more that he wasn't. That or he felt comfortable enough to actually express himself around the other mage.

When his other half-sister approaches, the Archmage's expression shifts to surprise. What was so important she crossed the room to speak with him about? Was it the children? And why was she apologizing? With an inward sigh, believing now that he'd never get back to the conversation about spells, Sornnolu says "Excuse me." to Asim with a polite nod, before stepping aside to speak with Ilpholin. "What is the trouble?" He asks her.

"It is possible he knew who they were, but not what they are." Sszinyon remarks to Elethay, turning to watch the scene unfold. Their sister Hirriel's arrival would only add more tension to the situation. She was quite volatile.

Hirriel Xar'Cha is visibly angered by Raven's reply. "Insolent brat. How dare you speak to your elder in such a manner?"

[Palace Entrance]

The footman is taken aback. He was not expecting another member of the Xar'Cha family to arrive. Why didn't he know this one? Surely she would have been recognizeable with those scales, but perhaps the family had hidden her, sent her a way for whatever reason? Or, of course, it could all be a trick. Why would a member of such a great House arrive on foot with only a single retainer? From around his neck the footman pulls a red lens on a golden chain and holds it up to his eye, looking over both of the new guests. Seemingly satisfied, he shrugs and steps aside to allow them to pass.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-10-01 at 04:14 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin steps aside with Sorn.
    "That girl there, the one hiding behind grumpy face, has a rather enchanting voice. By which I mean literally. I stumbled upon her once controlling an entire park of people and animals like puppets. I've no doubt the Matron and other important members are prepared for such, but I can't say the same for the guests or the guards. I don't presume to know what you have in place. But if I were you, I'd go out of my way to ensure that she doesn't sing." She tells him in hushed whispers, indicating Sadei.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-01 at 03:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

"Oh? Well, I do enjoy perusing new fashions, as you might be able to tell from my non-traditional attire." That's one way of putting it. Normally drow don't wear pastel pink frilly dresses with skulls along the hems, "Perhaps I will have to visit some time and examine these designs for myself. If you would have the honor of hosting me of course."
    "We always welcome visitors to our colony," Goldbaka says. "Drow fashion has appeared among some of the richer citizens of the Underside Colony, but it's a slowly spreading trend."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #416

[Xar'cha Palace]

Anger? So quick? And so clearly worn?

How... petty.

Raven had initially been dropped on her haunches but now she actually moves to stand. Hirriel will find herself well below the face level of the nightmarish creature that light seems loath to touch, scrutinized by eyes like hot iron. "What a- MMPH!"

The MMPH would be the sound of Sadei shoving a hoof in her sister's mouth before she can get out another word. "Raven!" the other chimera practically hisses. "Be polite! Mother told us to behave!"

She then flashes a disarming smile at the priestess and speaks again, her voice taking on a sing-songy tone. "Please excuse my sister. She doesn't socialize very often and her manners are a bit lacking."

Peace. Harmony. Calm. Quiet. Silence and sound in symphony. Everything around the snowy white chimera becomes all the more musical to the ear.

27. - Top - End - #417

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace Entrance

Irzayle is pleased. They motion for Aly'ithra to proceed inside. Once out of earshot of the guard they whisper to her.

Pardon my theatrics. I feared they might deter us if I did not impress upon them properly your importance. Shall we locate the party now?

Presumably it won't be too hard.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Irzayle and Aly'ithra have no trouble finding the ballroom. It was hard to miss, being straight ahead, the path lined with guards and helpful servants. Aly'ithra gasps as they enter. "It's so beautiful."

Elsewhere, Hirriel was scowling. Why was the child speaking in that fashion? The drowess was, to put it bluntly, a bit stubborn. The magic was going to be slow to do its work on her, if it worked at all. Pray she didn't notice the enchantment, or it would fail completely, and she would just be angrier. For, now, though, she was simply annoyed.

Sornnolu smiles confidently at Ilpholin, looking far too much like their father. "You needn't worry, dear sister. I am aware of her capabilities." Well, he knew what Sadei had told him, especially how she enjoyed singing, and he also had Felyn'wae's account of the earlier situation. He was fairly certain she couldn't do all that Ilpholin said, at least not so young, and the girl was kind hearted. Sornnolu doubted she would enslave an entire room full of people, just to watch them dance. He suspected Ilpholin might enjoy doing such a thing, but not his newest sister... "Who is that? " He wonders aloud, looking over her shoulder at the pair who had just walked in. A drow in a half mask and.. were those dragon scales? "Oh dear gods... I thought she was dead."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu believes in a kind heart.
    That romantic side of him will get him killed one day.

Ilpholin just frowns and looks over at the two that entered. "That's fairly standard fair for drow entrances." 'Oh dear gods, I thought she was dead!' has got to be some sort of saying adult drow teach to their kids like 'A stitch in time saves nine' or 'Between a rock and a hard place'.

"Who is she?" Ilpholin recalls... some mention of a half-dragon? She fell asleep frequently during family history class and just cheated off Nadas during the tests. Ilpholin doesn't know, though she feels like she should be remembering something important right about now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #420

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Enchantment? Who said anything about enchantment?

Everyone knows that music can speak to the soul and invoke emotions. Sadei's otherworldly symphony may speak on a deeper level than your average song, but in the end she brings out the melody in the world around her. Nothing more.

Whether Hirriel decides to continue to be a sour-puss or not is largely up to her.

Since the priestess isn't saying anything now Sadei butts her horned head up against her sibling and begins scooting Raven away. "Please excuse us. We meant no disrespect."

...Raven is starting to wonder if she should hide under the table again despite her Mother's instructions.