New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Xar'Cha Palace

"Other Harnel?" Terrowin hasn't heard of another Harnel. And his player forgot about the other Harnel's existence. "Near as we can tell, it wasn't a religious attack. We have several Temples that are open to the public, and therefore frequented by parishioners, yet the Hermitage is not only a place designed for quiet contemplation away from the cares of the world, and therefore hidden, it's also the training centre for the Order of the Centipede and therefore has some of the best defences. The Order was away when the attack occurred; training exercises, I believe." Which is code for 'slaving'.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Jane watches the Matron's entrance with no visible reaction. She bows when the time comes to do so, but not as low as might be expected of her, and her head stays up. The action will probably be noted as a bit odd.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

*redoes hasty part at end of last post*

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzy gives the Matron of Renor'vlos a slightly apologetic look as he redirects his attention to his own Matron Mother and dear aunt. He very much appreciates the showmanship. When the little show is over and done with, he bows along with everyone else.

Kirk directs his attention away somewhat reluctantly. Sure, teh show is impressive, but he can't help but hold a negative opinion of the Matron Mother especially. Not that it's founded, but he could care less. When it comes time to bow, Kirk stubbornly remains upright. He really should know better.

Samona watches the little display with interest. These drow sure like their displays of power and wealth it seems. Not that that's unexpected. She bows at the end as well, though not particularly deeply. Her's is a neck not bent to just anyone.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

As the lights dim and go out and just as Sornnolu finishes his casting Tebtranlyn has disappeared from his side. In fact if one where to look around for Teb he would be no where to be seen. Unless one knew about all of the right vantage points in the room, the ones that let you see everybody else but hard to be spotted yourself.

So it was that Teb was watching everyone else as the Matron Xar'Cha entered and didn't reappear by Sornnolu, bowing deeply of course, until the Matron had took her place on the throne.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post

Endrik shakes his head. "I think you have missed my point. I..." he cut off abruptly, looking over at Sszy. The drow had touched his arm. Why? Then, the matron appeared, and he understood. Or thought he did, at least. Sinking to one knee, the paladin showed his respect. Bowing in full armour was inadvisable. He waited to stand until Sszy had as well.

"Apologies. What I meant to say is that it still sounds too easy. You stand up to thugs, and for that you are granted..." He made a gesture with his hand to encompass his entire knowledge of Exaltations, which isn't a great deal. "Nothing is learned from that."
    Shrike turns, bowing respectfully to the Matron as she arrives. The pomp and splendour getting an odd look from the Exalt; part appreciation, part...not.

Once the ceremonial entrance is over, she looks back to the paladin. "That was certainly an entrance, was it not?"

And at Endrik's comment, her eyebrow raises.
    "...'learned'? Learning from it is not the purpose. The purpose originally was to empower heroes and warriors to battle the creators of Creation and the gods themselves; to, quite literally, kill the unkillable. Becoming Lawgivers later was simply an extension of that. Doing great deeds brings the potential for more great deeds; it does not bring, or require, any great revelation or knowledge."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #456

[Xar'cha Palace]

Mister G might be grinning. Or at least there's a vague impression of a suitably amused grin. What fascinating creatures these are. No wonder his dear sister finds them so amusing. He removes his hat respectively and offers a bow more out of the humorous irony than anything else. The seemingly faceless being can't help but wonder what it is about this particular Flatlander is so much more important than all the others. Zee didn't exactly fill him in on the nature of the situation.

Probably just so that things would be interesting.

Sadei tries to bow. But it is rather awkward. Quadrupeds really aren't suited for that kind of gesture.

Raven watches silently from wherever she's hiding at the moment.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace - With Magtok]

"You could say that I'm in the business of transportation of goods, among other things." Samona says pleasantly. The way she speaks suggests there's certainly more to it than simply moving goods from one place to the other, however. "Maggy here has been a great asset to my operations."
    Magtok gives only the slightest bow imaginable, and for only the briefest of moments, before immediately turning back to the matter at hand. Initially, his ego dictates that he just stand and ignore the Matron, but then he notes that there's plenty of people doing exactly that, and the token resistance would just go ignored in favor of smacking someone with darker skin that his own and nobody would even pay him any attention for doing the same. It'd be such a waste to bother with that nonsense.

"Mhm. There wouldn't be a MagMart in Riverside if not for Ms. Mase."

As for Samona's 'business of transportation of goods', that's quite a funny way of saying 'illegal smuggling', isn't it? If Magtok weren't already used to describing it exactly the same way, he might've found it vaguely amusing. Probably not the sort of work a customs-running individual would be too fond of, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzyy catches the sight of the second Matron to join the party, and not the guest of honor yet it seems. But intriguing none the less. The rather flashily dressed drow saunters over to the Matron. "Matron Renor'vlos if I do recall. It's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance." He pulls off his top hat and bows low. "Izz'daer Xar'Cha, at your service."
    "Indeed, you are correct. Pleased to make yours, as well," the matron responds, almost half-heartedly. She opens her mouth to say something, but is caught off guard when two bizarre creatures appear seemingly from nowhere. As other guests take care of the situation, her thoughts shift from survival and treachery to smug satisfaction. "Family, I presume?" she says with a smirk.

She looks on as the fanfare plays and the lightshow begins, enjoying the play. She immediately drops into a low bow with the Herald, however. Though she may not give all sons of Xar'Cha utmost respect, tradition and survival instincts dictate she show as much respect as she can stomach for the most powerful Matron in the city.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Hardly something to be held against her.

Only half joking. She had gotten them into the palace and Irzayle would be disappointed if her usefulness wore out so quickly.

And then the entrance.

As the lights drop and the faerie fire erupts, for a moment, just an instant, their black mask glints with six points of light. They watch the proceedings with interest, smiling as the women slays the dragon.

When the time comes to bow, they do so. They keep an eye on Aly'ithra and if she fails to follow suit will gently tug at the front of her shirt as an indication to do so. Better to show her a slight disrespect if it helps maintain her overall value in the eyes of the Matron than risk putting more obstacles in her way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Ilpholin is far more forward than Irzayle on the subject.
    In the flash it takes for the faerie fire to sprout up, Ilpholin has shifted from in front of Aly'ithra to beside her at a speed which could be considered startling. It's overlapped, however by Ilpholin whispering in her ear. "Follow my lead and whatever you do, do not speak unless spoken to."

When the time comes to bow, Ilpholin will go to put her hand on Aly'ithra's back and press forward and down gently before removing it as Ilpholin goes into her own bow. She hates it, but she'll play this game for tonight. When the time is right, they'll all be bowing to her. Today she relents.

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin's urgently whispered words made Aly'ithra uneasy. The feeling passes, though as the watches the show that preceded the entrance of the Matron. The dancers were good, but the slaying of the dragon made her, somewhat understandably, uncomfortable. She will bow with the rest, needing no encouragement. Though Aly'ithra was not raised in Menzoberranzan, she wasn't a complete social idiot. She knew how to show respect when the occasion called for it. Especially since this was her Aunt, right?

The other members of House Xar'Cha bow as well. Sornnolu, perhaps a touch too low, but a male must be careful not to offend. Sszinyon, however, resented having to bow to his sister, though he did as expected. When Endrik began to drop to one knee, the drow would reach out to stop him. Bowing was one thing, but he was not about to allow his companion to kneel! The very idea of it made Sszinyon angry. He tried to hide it, but those who knew him would see it plain enough.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace

Irzayle is relieved to see Aly'ithra bow properly. As soon as the chatter starts up again around them, they edge closer to Aly'ithra.

The Matron is visiting. Her blessing and acceptance would be valuable, but hard to obtain. And temporary. Once she has gone, her influence will be mostly by proxy.

They scan the room, looking for other likely candidates. They spot Sszinyon and frown. No chance in nine hells. They continue on, trying to spot a Xar'cha who is low enough to be approachable by high enough to be worth their time. It is difficult. Irzayle has been out of touch too long from Menzo and not in Delmah long enough to have caught up entirely. Looks like they will have to stick with Ilpholin until the situation becomes clearer.

Quite the performance.

Spoken to both of them equally.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

11. - Top - End - #461

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "We always welcome visitors to our colony," Goldbaka says. "Drow fashion has appeared among some of the richer citizens of the Underside Colony, but it's a slowly spreading trend."
    Xar'Cha Palace

Elvanriina's face momentarily scrunches up in disgust, although whether it's at the thought of goblins wearing drow fashion or at stuffy drow fashions themselves, no one could tell. She's about to respond when the Matron Xar'Cha's mystical entrance begins to take place and she whirls around from Boss Flatnose to watch the dragon being slain with cruel glints of glee in her eyes. She would normally be mad about being upstaged so thoroughly like that, but it was both Danube's right as the hostess of the party to do so and a remarkable treat to see such a spectacle. When Danube herself is finally introduced, Elvanriina curtseys quite low indeed, bending at the hips just past the point that would indicate the respect of a peer, showing the depth of her respect for the other Matron that wasn't present in her talk with Inala.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace - With Magtok]
    Inala smiles politely.
    "Really? That's fascinating. I do something quite sim-"
    Her remarks are cut off by the arrival of the matron. She of course, bows fully, not being an idiot and wanting to insult the mother of the host. But then she sees where her son is, and her heart leaps into her throat. If the Matron would put on that big of a show just arriving, the gods only knew what she would want Asim to do if she spied him. She says a silent prayer for her son's safety.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace - near the Dias]
    Asim, for his part, started edging away from the dias after the show ended. It was rather impressive, no doubt about that. However, that meant the Matron who was responsible for it was probably not someone you wanted to mess with. When it came time to bow, he tried to hide his face, hoping she wouldn't take a shine to him, like that little matron did to that poor kid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    "Indeed, you are correct. Pleased to make yours, as well," the matron responds, almost half-heartedly. She opens her mouth to say something, but is caught off guard when two bizarre creatures appear seemingly from nowhere. As other guests take care of the situation, her thoughts shift from survival and treachery to smug satisfaction. "Family, I presume?" she says with a smirk.

She looks on as the fanfare plays and the lightshow begins, enjoying the play. She immediately drops into a low bow with the Herald, however. Though she may not give all sons of Xar'Cha utmost respect, tradition and survival instincts dictate she show as much respect as she can stomach for the most powerful Matron in the city.
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Indeed. My dear Aunt in fact." Izzy says. "I have to say, she sure knows how to make an entrance. All the better to leave an impression on the surfacers. The shield was a nice touch." The drow redirects his full attention to his conversation partner after that display."

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

"Other Harnel?" Terrowin hasn't heard of another Harnel. And his player forgot about the other Harnel's existence. "Near as we can tell, it wasn't a religious attack. We have several Temples that are open to the public, and therefore frequented by parishioners, yet the Hermitage is not only a place designed for quiet contemplation away from the cares of the world, and therefore hidden, it's also the training centre for the Order of the Centipede and therefore has some of the best defences. The Order was away when the attack occurred; training exercises, I believe." Which is code for 'slaving'.
    Xar'Cha Palace

Hidden for more than one reason she believed. "Yes, there was a being that created some form of doppelganger to my husband. He looks exactly the same. But I'm sure there are other red half-dragons within the nexus that have more reason to attack your hermitage." It felt wrong to put the blame on the other Harnel, even rejecting him had been quite hard even if she knew he just wasn't the same. "In any case, whose the lucky one here with you tonight?" She hadn't seen anyone but she assumed Terrowin had some (female) company.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-09 at 07:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    The other members of House Xar'Cha bow as well. Sornnolu, perhaps a touch too low, but a male must be careful not to offend. Sszinyon, however, resented having to bow to his sister, though he did as expected. When Endrik began to drop to one knee, the drow would reach out to stop him. Bowing was one thing, but he was not about to allow his companion to kneel! The very idea of it made Sszinyon angry. He tried to hide it, but those who knew him would see it plain enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Once the ceremonial entrance is over, she looks back to the paladin. "That was certainly an entrance, was it not?"

And at Endrik's comment, her eyebrow raises.
    "...'learned'? Learning from it is not the purpose. The purpose originally was to empower heroes and warriors to battle the creators of Creation and the gods themselves; to, quite literally, kill the unkillable. Becoming Lawgivers later was simply an extension of that. Doing great deeds brings the potential for more great deeds; it does not bring, or require, any great revelation or knowledge."
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Endrik looked, quizzically, at Szzy. He had not expected that. He settled, then, for a slight bow, as much as he could manage without overbalancing himself or locking his armour. Then he straightened.

"Quite the entrance indeed. I wonder..." He cut the thought off before it could fully form. The walls, after all, have ears.

"Whatever the original purpose was, it is gone now, is it not? Learning is a fine purpose, and without the correct knowledge, no power can be wielded responsibly. After all..." he turns his head, the expressionless visor fixing Shrike in the center of its field of vision. "Great and terrible are not mutually exclusive."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin straightens when the time is right. "Did you two truly come searching for the Matron's blessing? Empty handed? If not, why are you here?" She asks, keeping her voice low for now. Perhaps unnecessarily, perhaps not. But it seems time to get around to the important points before any further interruptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #467

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace

Irzayle decides to let Aly'irtha handle most of the question. As for the empty handed part...

An empty hand, but a full mind of valuable information and secrets that I am sure one such as the Matron would find useful.

Secrets? Information? More than likely they only have bluffs.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Endrik looked, quizzically, at Szzy. He had not expected that. He settled, then, for a slight bow, as much as he could manage without overbalancing himself or locking his armour. Then he straightened.

"Quite the entrance indeed. I wonder..." He cut the thought off before it could fully form. The walls, after all, have ears.

"Whatever the original purpose was, it is gone now, is it not? Learning is a fine purpose, and without the correct knowledge, no power can be wielded responsibly. After all..." he turns his head, the expressionless visor fixing Shrike in the center of its field of vision. "Great and terrible are not mutually exclusive."
    "...that is," Shrike admits with a small nod, "very true."

...and then she falls quiet, frowning silently.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Aly'ithra frowns. "I just wanted to meet my family." Wasn't that enough? She didn't need the Matron's blessing beyond, perhaps, being able to get to know her aunt.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin glances at Irzayle and comes to the conclusion that sycophant might be an appropriate term for that one. But she has no adequate commentary on Irzayle's secrets.

She looks back at Aly'ithra. Even if Ilpholin sent the part dragon away, Aly'ithra had already been seen, especially by Sorn who seemed to know who she was. And the Matron's not going to miss her, even in this crowd. It was probably already too late to save this one. "Tell me who you know and I'll describe the rest. Hope you brought a pen. It's rather large." Ilpholin will even be willing to describe some of the other matrons/dignitaries not of the family that are here tonight.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-07 at 06:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Dipsnig, Boss Goldbaka and General Ridgebank all turn away from their conversation partners and nod curtly in the Matron's direction when she enters. They're not going to bow - all differences aside, goblins bowing to non-goblins is just something that doesn't happen.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Teb nods to Sornnolu once the Matron Xar'Cha is seated. "All seems to be going well. No open signs of hostility or hostile action as the Matron Mother entered. But my eyes and ears will remain open. Is there anything you need of me?" He asked, suspecting he would get an answer in the negative.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu thinks for a moment. "Perhaps keep an eye on my uncle? He has lived here for too long, without reporting. We cannot know what his loyalty is anymore. Also, his armored companion is concerning."

"I don't know anyone." Aly'ithra insists. "That's why I'm here. I wanted to meet the family I'd been separated from since birth, but you're giving me the impression that I'm not wanted here." She says to Ilpholin, her voice growing heated.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #474

WolfInSheepsClothing

Irzayle looks between the two drow. They are torn between settling things and preserving their plans and letting it go and seeing what happens.

Not having been raised within proper drow society, you might not realize. What constitutes not wanted to people like the Matron is likely far from what you think it is.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Ilpholin nibbles her lip a little. "... I think you misunderstood me when I said I'd describe our family tree."

Ilpholin nods slightly at Irzayle before staring right at Aly'ithra. "But we can go there if you want. What do you have to offer to the Matron or this family to make you wanted here? Blood here only runs as thick as your usefulness. Love and caring won't get you anywhere. So if you came here looking for hugs and tears of joy, I think you should try again at Trog's with the Brady Bunch."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"So it's true then? You all are really like that. Nothing matters but the power you can gain, even if it means stepping on the backs of your kin?" Aly'ithra looks hurt, but not so much as she might be. It seems she had been warned against this. "I should have known from the look of this place. Gods, how naive am I? Thinking this was some sort of fairy tale, that I'd have a happy ending? No, I understand now. Thank you." She pulls the symbol of Lolth up over her head and holds it out to Irzayle. "And thank you for your hospitality. If you wish to be repaid, I'll be staying at the Black Dragon's Den a bit longer, at least until I can find a way home." The symbol trembled in her hand. She was barely holding it together.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #477

WolfInSheepsClothing

Irzayle grasps the pendant between both hands and hisses a quick prayer. The prayer comes out distorted and weak, vanishing off their lips like wisps of mists in the morning sun. Their hands tremble and the slightest scent of burned flesh tinges the air. They don't take the pendant, though.

W͎͍̟̰ͤ͒͢e̶̳̭͕̫͎̙̼̽̅̏ͣ̉̿͟ͅḁ̢̰͓̳̱̣͙͇̫͊̂͛͝k̔̽͂ͦͦ҉̬͔͠ ̟̩͎͉͙̻͕ ̵̶̗̩͖̰̠̼̗̱ͭͪͣ̈́͋͗͛͌ͦḩ̷͇̥͙͑̊̇̈́̀̚ạ̳̼̭̮̬̦͔̿ͨͮ͜l̵͓͔͊ͫ ͈f̧͚̮̪͉̘͔ͦ͐ͫͫ̾̐̾ ̧̱͉̤̞̪̼̙ͦͥ͒̔͆̃̿ḅ̴̛͍̠̼̮̋͆̒̌̂̓̆̂̀̚l̴̶͙̙̯̺͓̔̓͌̓̀̄ͯͣͣ ̟̣ơ̸͈͉̩̄̄̍̿o̴̩̘̻̿̅̃̋̇ͪ̚̕ḑ̸͓ͭ̅́͗ͬ.̘̳̠̲̦̦ͮ̔̾ͧ̿ ̰͈ ̸̬̠̪ͩ̈ͨ̎̄ ̷̣̰̪̹̯̰̝̯̭ͣ͂ͭͫ͐ͥK̦̳̺̺̟̞̜̔ͯ̄̿̋ͫͭi̶̪̹͈̓͒͊ͫ̄͝͠lͪͤ͐̂̕͘ ͔̦̼̙̙͖̹l̷̻̝̝͛͘͠ ̢̼͎̿̆h̸̴̟̫͎̞͍͑̀͂ͧ̽ͧe̢̛̠̳̱̝̜̼̗ͣ̉̿̆̕r̳͕͇̭̖̹ͭ͑ͭ̋͒ͬ̓.̑ ͚̘̹̥̘̦̘ͤ ̷̼̀͢ ͮ̿ͭ̐̇͒҉͜҉̭̱̖̱͍̩W̵̲͙̦͇ͨͭ̚o͐ͥ͐͗̿͑̚҉̫̤̣̦̯̞r̴̩ͯͮ̈́ͥͦ̀͜͝ ̙͈̼̹͚̬͖̮t̢̛̥̫͔̩͖̖̔̑ͩͭͣ̔ͯ́̚h̷̥ͫͯ̃ͨ́l̥̩̹̟̖ͨ̒̊͝͡ͅe̾ͦ̽ ̪̗̱̙̠̗͆̈s̹̠̙͓͓̩͎̲ͩ̂ͫ̿͑̍͑͢͞s̯͇͒̕.̵̶̻̬͙̳ͪ ̲͎̞͎̟͑̿̍̌̂̕͞ ̨̧̟̗̖͂̏͒ͫͧP̧̢̗̫̰̃͐͡ȧ̵̏̌ͤ̚͏̖̣̻̗͓͎͉̠ṯ̲̝̹͇̟ͨ̒̀͂̓ͨ͞h ̸̗̭̞̘̙̘͈ͥͪeͦ͆̋̔̊̍ͯ̐́͏̰͕t̛̙̬̻̟̩̽͐͟ͅỉ̜̞͎̹̼̤̻͖̆͐̂͌͢c ̢͇̪̰̹͍̞̱̝̓̐ͨ͜.͙̝͕̓͂̏ͧ̑̇̔̍̀̕ ̛̤͔̝͇͚̊̿ ͉͙̍̏͒̉S̬̺̦̃̓͗ͥ̈̈́̍͒͜ë͉̺́̎̄ͣ̀͝n̸̠̺̬̼̖͉̯̼̙ͤ̀̎ț͇̒̀iͬͤ ̸̡͎͇͔̮̳̙̲̤͛́ͅm̜͕̖̞͙̺̭̱̭͋̊̑̀̿̓ͥ̑͟e̵͖͔̱͎ͨ̋̍͗n̽̈̆͂̈́ͩͪ ̻̠̲͉͖͚͗t̡͔̞̺̱̺͍͛ͨ͒ͧ͗͆̀ͮ͡a̸̡ͤͥ͒̋ͫͬ̚͏̩̪̝l͖̘̻̝̘̜ͮ̂̋̚͡ ͕.͙̙̟̣̬̮͈͓̍̓ͪ͟͡*

There is no love here that you would understand with your eyes. But that does not mean we are not bound to our kin. Nor that we have no feelings. You came here looking to be a part of your heritage but turn away in disgust at the first hints of what you fear it to be. Sentimentality may not be favored by our people, but neither is cowardice that serves no purpose.

They take a deep breath, their hands trembling.

You came here knowing what to expect. I can see it across your every feature. Do not write your family off so quickly. We may be different from how you were raised, but ours is a tradition that has survived for a reason. There is sentiment to be found, if you are not so arrogant as to take the words of outsiders over what you might see otherwise.

They release the pendant and step back. Their hands shake and the pendant has a fading glow, as if it had been heated.

T̵̹ͨ͗̎̋ô̩̮͈̤̔̒͋ͭ͛̔ͭ͜u͓͚̫̣̟͕̪̫̎̇̓͗̎ͨ̚c̆̽̒ͨ̋͏̭̤͈̙ͅh ̻͓̣̗̖͚̮̈́̑̈ͬ̃̀ͅ ̻̳ͨ͢͢͡į̷͉͍̙̞̺͎͓̑̔͠t̤͚̙ͮͥ̉̓͂̈ ̧͍̼̏̏́͂͢ạ̞ͣ̔̀g͕̙͓͎̫̤̊̓̅̓ͨ́͞ͅa̧̠̙̳̯͍̦͇͔̿͆̓̐̈́͆ͩ͌ĩ̊ ͬ̎̀͊̌̑͏͓̪̭̟͎͚̳n̞̼̰̉̎ͥ̓̐̕.̘̗̠̩̬̼̮̯̤͛ͦͫ̈̐́̀ ̸͎̜̲̣ͩ͑ͪͧ́̕ ̏҉͏̥̳̩̲͖͎͈̦B̨̺̰͍͊͐͜e͛́͏̢̧̤̦̝̬̪ ̶̧̟̰͍̥̞͔̿͐ͫ͛ͦͧ̑d̖̺͚͙͈̫͍͈̂̔͌̾̈ͯͪ͜ę̷͓̩̘̬̻̺̙̖̾ͬͯͨ̈͋͑ ͖s͍̩̦̪̙̮̐͒̑͒t̤ͤ͐̌ͬͭ̐͗͟ṙ̡̨̬̐͋͛̑̑̍̕ǒ̷̢̳͍̭̠͙̠̭̬̎̔ͭy ̘̤͍̭͈̝͈̌͐̏́̋ͮ̽̿͝e̖͔ͦͥ̓͊ͅḋ̠̲̜̜̎ͧͭ͐ͦ́̚͞.̯̀͑͒ͥ̆͂̉̐̚͡ ̠͎̞ͅ**

Forgive my outburst. But there is reason for you to reconnect with your family, whether you wish there to be or not.

*Weak half blood. Kill her. Worthless. Pathetic. Sentimental.

**Touch it again. Be destroyed.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Accursed sycophantic meddler. Ilpholin wasn't even trying to stop Irzayle's plans. They can stay and do whatever. But if she can turn back Aly'ithra now...

"It is what it is. If she fears it, it's her own fault. If she wishes to find the love and sentimentality here, she'd best be prepared to provide her back." For stepping on. For power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #479

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

One of the nearby drow laughs at Tobias' remark. She was a drowess, nearly identical to the one who had earlier accompanied Sornnolu, though her hair was styled differently, and she wore a gold dress accented with a blue spider on her hip where the fabric gathered and a long slit began. Twins, it would seem.

"Do you truly think us so uncivilized?" Bae'kiira Auvryana asks, a wicked smile on her face, much more predatory that her sister's welcoming expression had been. Tobias will also notice that she wore a symbol of Llolth, depicting the spider queen herself, on a cameo tied around her throat with a length of ribbon.
    Not at all! I apologize if I gave the wrong impression. I think the drow are very civilized. Tobias smiles back, only a bit less predatory. He doesn't have a very good opinion of "civilized" people. He also doesn't bow when the Matron enters, but why should he? He notes the Matron's symbolic possession of Remnant's icon. So the drow had Remnant's protection... That was disturbing. He had yet to assess the character of these people, but if they, as a group, were truly Evil... the Commander of HALO had a duty to fight them, even if he very much does not want to battle with a numberless army of elite soldiers in power armor.
    Tobias starts to look like he could use a drink.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-10-08 at 09:15 AM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Hidden for more than one reason she believed. "Yes, there was a being that created some form of doppelganger to my husband. He looks exactly the same. But I'm sure there are other red half-dragons within the nexus that have more reason to attack your hermitage." It felt wrong to put the blame on the other Harnel, even rejecting him had been quite hard even if she knew he just wasn't the same. "In any case, could we get to visit Kali at some point?"
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"No offense, Terrowin, but your faith has some..." Harnel takes a moment to look for a good word, "Detractors. Demons and such, as I recall, tend to be poorly regarded."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.