New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Xar'Cha Palace

"I'm aware of our reputation, yes. Thousands of years of angelic propaganda, mostly." That's a lie, and Terrowin knows it, but keeps his face straight regardless. "Of course you can visit Kail; she'll be spending some time with me soon, but for now she's in the Underside Temple. You could visit her and Charynrae, I suppose, but there's no fire allowed and it can be quite dark. The Temple's spun from silk and suspended from a tunnel ceiling; a torch or dropped lantern could cause havoc, and I don't know exactly how to reach the place." Another lie; Terrowin knows two routes, one a short, secret escape route that may be inhabited by dangerous giant rock-eating worms, and the other longer, public, and certainly inhabited by bandits, slavers and troglodytic monsters.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu thinks for a moment. "Perhaps keep an eye on my uncle? He has lived here for too long, without reporting. We cannot know what his loyalty is anymore. Also, his armored companion is concerning."

"I don't know anyone." Aly'ithra insists. "That's why I'm here. I wanted to meet the family I'd been separated from since birth, but you're giving me the impression that I'm not wanted here." She says to Ilpholin, her voice growing heated.

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I do believe you mean our uncle, dear cousin, but all is understood." Tebtranlyn said before giving a quick, half bow to Sornnolu. Teb then stepped away from his superior and started to blend and mingle with the crowd once more.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

They accused angels of propaganda? Terrowin was a worse liar then Cessie had thought. How could she ever have trusted this man? Everything he spat out was just poison.
    This may not be the same angels they are talking about but if they were in opposition of demons, she was all for them. Their demons seemed to synonymous with her oni. She even started to wonder if it was such a good idea to visit this temple, Terrowin might in fact be very aware of Watch's dealings and attempt to lure them in some kind of trap.

"How long will she be staying in the temple? It sounds like an bad environment for a child to be honest."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I'm inclined to agree. Temples are rarely good places for children if the temple isn't dedicated to a god of healing, I've found, and I doubt Dalachrech falls under that distinction," Harnel says.

So what do you think? he sends telepathically to Cessie, That he used some sort of magic on Kail or that she's under duress for all this?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

But if the angels are masters of propaganda, as Terrowin claims, wouldn't they just try enhancing their own reputation whilst they destroy the reputation of others? Also, some of my characters are from just such a realm, though Terrowin, admittedly, isn't.

"I don't know. As long as she wants, or until Azurelle sends the new location of the Hermitage to me so she can train to become a paladin in the Order of the Centipede." 'Paladin' pretty much just means 'holy warrior', the way I use it; it's not just for gods of law and good. "Dalachrech does do healing. The best way to remove rotten, gangrenous flesh without damaging anything that lives is to pour maggots over the wound, and leech saliva contain anticoagulants which are used in medicine." Both true, although one has to be careful when choosing the maggots- most species will eat the healthy tissue along with the rotten, and a few will prefer the healthy stuff. It could also be argued that Dalachrech is a fertility god, a god of rebirth, a god of industry, a god of construction, a god of poisoners, a god of disease, and many other things.

6. - Top - End - #486

Xar'Cha Palace

"I thought the deal only was that she was supposed to give your faith a child?" Which was extremely creepy, Terrowin was one creepy man in her opinion. Then again, she had always found pregnancy a uncomfortable subject.

I'm not sure, but whatever is going on, I really don't like the sound of it. Just hearing his version of this make me cringe and the truth is probably a lot worse. The sorceress replies. Visiting the temple could be a risk, we should be very careful. We are dealing with some pretty sick people here.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Harnel doesn't say anything out loud, given that Cessie just asked what he was about to.

Then it'll have to be done in the same way we dealt with the Hermitage, Harnel sends, But I don't think it'd be wise for me to go; given he just explained the location to us, it'd be even more suspicious if a red half-dragon showed up. Maybe we could get a few freelance adventurers to help us with this.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-10 at 04:05 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

"When we left after your wedding, I took her to the Inside Temple and gave a sermon. During the ceremony, Dalachrech let it be known that Kail could, if she desired, become a cleric. I can't tell you how; it's an honour to be selected, and if everybody knew how Dalachrech makes His favour known people would try faking it. Anyway, she accepted, though when I told her of the Order of the Centipede, she thought it would be a better fit and went to Riverside to meet the Grand Mistress, who was looking for recruits amongst the city's underclass. It's lucky that the Grand Mistress wasn't at the Hermitage at the time; if she had been, Kail would have been caught up with... Other Harnel." It's not clear how much Terrowin believes about what Cessie and Harnel have said regarding Other Harnel.

9. - Top - End - #489

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Cessie haven't lied about Other Harnel at the very least. "Yes, though I don't imagine him hurting her. He got Harnel's memories after all. He's just more screwed I suppose." Cessie replies curtly, getting a bit uncomfortable hearing all this. She was getting more and more convinced this religion had to go, what they did was simply inhuman. It had to be stopped. We'll see, I'm not sure if I'd trust some random adventurers enough for this kind of task. We should turn to more trusted allies like one of the other organizations.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-18 at 04:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Lanthil's gaze shifts to Kirk as he makes his comment.
    "Not a fan of the Matron Mothers, are we?" She says wryly.
    She looks at 'Alexis'.
    "Most likely all other candidates met rather unexpected deaths. So sad, when one's life ends before its time. You can ask if you want, but drow politics is one murky area I rather would stay apart from."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Kirk chuckles. "Let's just say I've had quite a bit of personal experience. Not that it matters anymore. I'm unattached you could say." And glad for it. Kirk has had his fill of drow politics many years ago.

The drow eyes his companion curiously. "I half expected you to know about the young Matron. Didn't you come from the same city as the rest of them?" A small smile curls the corners of his lips.
    "Unexpected, I'm sure," Alexis says to Lanthil, pursing her lips skeptically and giving the matron 'mother' a sidelong glance. "I have to ask, Lillanthil, if you're so interested in avoiding drow politics, then why are you here?" Her attention returns to Kirk, and she smirks. "As for you, Mr. Locke... call me unattached."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Irzayle grasps the pendant between both hands and hisses a quick prayer. The prayer comes out distorted and weak, vanishing off their lips like wisps of mists in the morning sun. Their hands tremble and the slightest scent of burned flesh tinges the air. They don't take the pendant, though.

W͎͍̟̰ͤ͒͢e̶̳̭͕̫͎̙̼̽̅̏ͣ̉̿͟ͅḁ̢̰͓̳̱̣͙͇̫͊̂͛͝k̔̽͂ͦͦ҉̬͔̟̩ ͎͉͙̻͕͠ ̵̶̗̩͖̰̠̼̗̱ͭͪͣ̈́͋͗͛͌ͦḩ̷͇̥͙͑̊̇̈́̀̚ạ̳̼̭̮̬̦͔̿ͨͮ͜l̵͓͔͈͊ ͫf̧͚̮̪͉̘͔ͦ͐ͫͫ̾̐̾ ̧̱͉̤̞̪̼̙ͦͥ͒̔͆̃̿ḅ̴̛͍̠̼̮̋͆̒̌̂̓̆̂̀̚l̴̶͙̙̯̺͓̟̣̔̓͌̓̀̄ͯͣ ͣơ̸͈͉̩̄̄̍̿o̴̩̘̻̿̅̃̋̇ͪ̚̕ḑ̸͓ͭ̅́͗ͬ.̘̳̠̲̦̦̰͈ͮ̔̾ͧ̿ ̸̬̠̪ͩ̈ͨ̎̄ ̷̣̰̪̹̯̰̝̯̭ͣ͂ͭͫ͐ͥK̦̳̺̺̟̞̜̔ͯ̄̿̋ͫͭi̶̪̹͈̓͒͊ͫ̄͝͠l͔̦̼̙̙͖ ̹ͪͤ͐̂̕͘l̷̻̝̝͛͘͠ ̢̼͎̿̆h̸̴̟̫͎̞͍͑̀͂ͧ̽ͧe̢̛̠̳̱̝̜̼̗ͣ̉̿̆̕r̳͕͇̭̖̹ͭ͑ͭ̋͒ͬ̓.͚ ̘̹̥̘̦̘̑ͤ ̷̼̀͢ ͮ̿ͭ̐̇͒҉͜҉̭̱̖̱͍̩W̵̲͙̦͇ͨͭ̚o͐ͥ͐͗̿͑̚҉̫̤̣̦̯̞r̴̩̙͈̼̹͚̬͖̮ ͯͮ̈́ͥͦ̀͜͝t̢̛̥̫͔̩͖̖̔̑ͩͭͣ̔ͯ́̚h̷̥ͫͯ̃ͨ́l̥̩̹̟̖ͨ̒̊͝͡ͅe̪̗ ̱̙̠̗̾ͦ̽͆̈s̹̠̙͓͓̩͎̲ͩ̂ͫ̿͑̍͑͢͞s̯͇͒̕.̵̶̻̬͙̳ͪ ̲͎̞͎̟͑̿̍̌̂̕͞ ̨̧̟̗̖͂̏͒ͫͧP̧̢̗̫̰̃͐͡ȧ̵̏̌ͤ̚͏̖̣̻̗͓͎͉̠ṯ̲̝̹͇̟ͨ̒̀͂̓ͨ͞h̸̗ ̭̞̘̙̘͈ͥͪeͦ͆̋̔̊̍ͯ̐́͏̰͕t̛̙̬̻̟̩̽͐͟ͅỉ̜̞͎̹̼̤̻͖̆͐̂͌͢c̢͇̪ ̰̹͍̞̱̝̓̐ͨ͜.͙̝͕̓͂̏ͧ̑̇̔̍̀̕ ̛̤͔̝͇͚̊̿ ͉͙̍̏͒̉S̬̺̦̃̓͗ͥ̈̈́̍͒͜ë͉̺́̎̄ͣ̀͝n̸̠̺̬̼̖͉̯̼̙ͤ̀̎ț͇̒̀i̸̡ ͎͇͔̮̳̙̲̤ͬͤ͛́ͅm̜͕̖̞͙̺̭̱̭͋̊̑̀̿̓ͥ̑͟e̵͖͔̱͎ͨ̋̍͗n̻̠̲͉͖͚̽ ̈̆͂̈́ͩͪ͗t̡͔̞̺̱̺͍͛ͨ͒ͧ͗͆̀ͮ͡a̸̡ͤͥ͒̋ͫͬ̚͏̩̪̝l͖̘̻̝̘̜͕ͮ̂̋ ̚͡.͙̙̟̣̬̮͈͓̍̓ͪ͟͡*

There is no love here that you would understand with your eyes. But that does not mean we are not bound to our kin. Nor that we have no feelings. You came here looking to be a part of your heritage but turn away in disgust at the first hints of what you fear it to be. Sentimentality may not be favored by our people, but neither is cowardice that serves no purpose.

They take a deep breath, their hands trembling.

You came here knowing what to expect. I can see it across your every feature. Do not write your family off so quickly. We may be different from how you were raised, but ours is a tradition that has survived for a reason. There is sentiment to be found, if you are not so arrogant as to take the words of outsiders over what you might see otherwise.

They release the pendant and step back. Their hands shake and the pendant has a fading glow, as if it had been heated.

T̵̹ͨ͗̎̋ô̩̮͈̤̔̒͋ͭ͛̔ͭ͜u͓͚̫̣̟͕̪̫̎̇̓͗̎ͨ̚c̆̽̒ͨ̋͏̭̤͈̙ͅḧ̻ ͓̣̗̖͚̮́̑̈ͬ̃̀ͅ ̻̳ͨ͢͢͡į̷͉͍̙̞̺͎͓̑̔͠t̤͚̙ͮͥ̉̓͂̈ ̧͍̼̏̏́͂͢ạ̞ͣ̔̀g͕̙͓͎̫̤̊̓̅̓ͨ́͞ͅa̧̠̙̳̯͍̦͇͔̿͆̓̐̈́͆ͩ͌ĩ̊ͬ ̎̀͊̌̑͏͓̪̭̟͎͚̳n̞̼̰̉̎ͥ̓̐̕.̘̗̠̩̬̼̮̯̤͛ͦͫ̈̐́̀ ̸͎̜̲̣ͩ͑ͪͧ́̕ ̏҉͏̥̳̩̲͖͎͈̦B̨̺̰͍͊͐͜e͛́͏̢̧̤̦̝̬̪ ̶̧̟̰͍̥̞͔̿͐ͫ͛ͦͧ̑d̖̺͚͙͈̫͍͈̂̔͌̾̈ͯͪ͜ę̷͓̩̘̬̻̺̙̖͖̾ͬͯͨ̈͋͑ s͍̩̦̪̙̮̐͒̑͒t̤ͤ͐̌ͬͭ̐͗͟ṙ̡̨̬̐͋͛̑̑̍̕ǒ̷̢̳͍̭̠͙̠̭̬̎̔ͭy̘̤͍ ̭͈̝͈̌͐̏́̋ͮ̽̿͝e̖͔ͦͥ̓͊ͅḋ̠̲̜̜̎ͧͭ͐ͦ́̚͞.̯̠͎̞̀͑͒ͥ̆͂̉ ̐̚͡ͅ**

Forgive my outburst. But there is reason for you to reconnect with your family, whether you wish there to be or not.

*Weak half blood. Kill her. Worthless. Pathetic. Sentimental.

**Touch it again. Be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Accursed sycophantic meddler. Ilpholin wasn't even trying to stop Irzayle's plans. They can stay and do whatever. But if she can turn back Aly'ithra now...

"It is what it is. If she fears it, it's her own fault. If she wishes to find the love and sentimentality here, she'd best be prepared to provide her back." For stepping on. For power.

"I want to be a part of this family." Aly'ithra states. "But I will not sacrifice who I am to do so." She drops the holy symbol, and it should clatter against the marble floor, drawing stares from the crowd around them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Not at all! I apologize if I gave the wrong impression. I think the drow are very civilized. Tobias smiles back, only a bit less predatory. He doesn't have a very good opinion of "civilized" people. He also doesn't bow when the Matron enters, but why should he? He notes the Matron's symbolic possession of Remnant's icon. So the drow had Remnant's protection... That was disturbing. He had yet to assess the character of these people, but if they, as a group, were truly Evil... the Commander of HALO had a duty to fight them, even if he very much does not want to battle with a numberless army of elite soldiers in power armor.
    Tobias starts to look like he could use a drink.

The drowess in gold frowns at Tobias, probably because he did not bow to the Matron. Did he believe he was better than her? Better than drow? She had been warned of Surfacer arrogance, but this one was infuriating. Still, she puts on an amused smile. "Is that sarcasm I hear? I do not think you believe what you say. Speak freely. You are under the Matron's protection as her guest. No daggers will find you here."

Meanwhile, at the dais, guests began to approach the Matron, singularly or in small groups. Each speak to her for a few moments, before the next approaches.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Ethelay smiles. "No one wants to be first. Shall we go and pay our respects to our sister, Sszinyon?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

It seems someone does want to be first. Or at least the first PC to pay their respects to the Matron Xar'Cha. That person would be no other than Ethelay's son Tebtranlyn.

The assassin walked up the steps to the throne and slowly bowed himself before his aunt. "Matron Mother, it is an honor to be in your presence. If there is anything I, Tebtranlyn your humble nephew, may do for you I shall do it immediately. If not I shall resume my duties making sure all is kept safe here this night."

-Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Up on the dais the matron smiles at her nephew. "Tebtranlyn, it is good to see you again. You have been working very hard, tonight and since you left Menzoberranzan. I require nothing of you tonight, other than to ask that you take some time to say hello to your dear mother. She has missed you so much. We all have."

Sszinyon nods to his sister. "Of course. Endrik," the drow looks to his heavily armored companion. "Would you like to join us?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Teb slowly got back up from his bow. "You flatter me Matron. I had already planned on talking to her but now I will make sure to take twice as much time for her. And be sure if you ever have need of me you need only ask." The Matron's nephew took a few steps back before turning around and walking down the stairs to the dais.

-Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Like" of course, was relative. Endrik didn't like very much about this place, but to refuse would be impolite and, he suspected, unwise. "I will come along," he said, nodding once to emphasise the point.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Ethelay links her arm affectionately with Sszinyon's and approaches the dais. She gives her elder sister a smile that's possibly a little too familiar, but her bow is exactly as appropriate as it should be in respect of her sister's rank.

Having travelled to the surface with the Matron's party, it hadn't been that long since she'd spoken to Danube. It might seem perhaps a little silly to greet her in this manner. But to Ethelay such forms and manners were such a part of her life that it wouldn't occur to her to question them.

"I bid you greetings, Illharess. As you can see, one of our beloved brothers is here. Is it not truly a day to rejoice?"
    Ethelay says, without a trace of sarcasm. She is genuinely happy. The party is going well. The House is being honoured. Her favourite brother is here. Her youngest son is comporting himself well with the young Matron, and her elder son seems to be indispensable to the running of this Surface outpost.

It really is a good day to be a Xar'Cha.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

Dipsnig begins to slowly gravitate towards the Matron. He'd like to meet the drow on the top of the drow heap, but of course he'll have to wait for his turn.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #499

WolfInSheepsClothing

palace

Irzayle sighs. The best laid plans... And this one wasn't even all that well laid. They draw close to her and speak in a whisper.

You are not the only one who wishes to see things changed. But drow are such that it is best to work from within. I implore you. Meet your family. You might be surprised by what you find. The Xar'cha is... a house with many mouths. Some of them speak words close to your own.

They step back and look to Ilpholin, hoping that she has something helpful to say. Probably not.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Well intentions, hopes, or even roundabout implications and suggestions all need to get shoved aside right now. Ilpholin needed to distance herself from Aly'ithra and quickly.

"You'll find those people at Black Dragon Den." Ilpholin says, swooping down to snatch the symbol before it bounces twice. "You should leave now." Ilpholin straight up insists.

She doesn't wait around longer than that to find out what happens next, moving away from the pair to go back into the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

The Matron returns her sister's smile. Some days, Danube thought her sister was a touch naive, but the woman's loyalty to her family could not be questioned, and that made her valuable.

Sszinyon bows along with Ethelay, but lower than his sister, still, perhaps not as low as an all but exiled second son might have.

"A joyful thing, indeed, to have our House's greatest Hunter returned to us." Matron Danube agrees in measured tones, pointedly reminding her youngest sibling his place in their family, and the reason she had sent him to the Surface in the first place. Sszinyon knew he had failed to complete that task, but her mention of his past glory said there was a chance of, if not exactly forgiveness, an opportunity to return to the Matron's good graces.

She turns her attention to Endrik, who has presumably joined them all on the dais. "And who are you?"

Aly'ithra frowns, confused. "But the only Xar'Cha at the Den is my father..."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-10-21 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

"My name is Endrik." The paladin bowed slightly, not wishing to overbalance himself in his armour. "I am an associate of Sszinyon's."

He didn't have much to say to the Matron, though. Endrik was a man of few words, and mostly expected the others to carry conversation.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #503

WolfInSheepsClothing

Irzayle frowns. The situation is quickly becoming unsalvageable. It is time for desperate measures.

Y̡̫̙̪ͮǫ̛͈͈̰̳̞̫ͤ̏̚u͕̝͉͙̜͆ͤ ̛̛̣͙̻͍͚̲̋ͥ̆ͬ̓̊͟ͅs̥̼͎͕̖͓ͫͭͭ̿ͮͤ̋͂ͅh̵̬̠̣̉̒ͣ́͑ͭ̂ͬa͛̍̅̿ ̻̦͓l͔̗̂̿̄l̸͙̥̬̽̂ͅ ̵͈̫̺̼͔̗̣͑̉̅͆͜b̋ͨ̐̄ͬ̅̄͏͏̸̙̻͚ē͎ͫͧ̑̀͢ ̹͕͍̜̙͈͎ͫ͆̎ͦ͆͢pͮͩͨͬ̑͏̨͈̯̲̠̥̟̀u̞͍͎̖͚͗̿ͭ̂̏̑ͪ͜n͙̮̥͊̐iͥ ̸̛̱̦̊̒͠s̴̻͙̲͇̘͚̦̼̾̔͜h̛̪͎͋ͣ̿͒̍͆ͤͫͦ͟ȩ̞̪͖͛̀ͤ̕͡dͮ̀͐͟͢ ͍̪̰̖̝̦ ̵̠̭̊ͧ̔̚͠f̩̞̫̥͎͑ͬo̩̺̭ͦ̒̇̌̅͐͘r̴̋̉̊ͫ͏̫̣̤̜͓̮̙͈ ̠̗ͧͣ͒͋͠t̡͕̺̫͉̳̰͋̉̾͌̓ḩ̵̴͙̪̮̬͔ͥͫ͛̃͊i̴̯̲̫̥ͩ͝s̸͇͍̈́̉͊͠ ̙̼͇͕͇͚.̧̛̳̺̮̝̥̫̱̲͔ͭͩͩ͆̉ͪ͐͊̀ ̡̧͍̠͇̤͆̎ͫ̓͂͟ͅ ͎̮̣̩̳͚͌̚͢R̸̠̫͕͎͎̤̺͓̜ͩͩͯṵ̸͖̱̦̓̋̑͠n̠ͪͮͨ͊ͬͣ̑͐͘͢ ̊̿ͫ̈́ͧ͏̵̴͔̗ţ͔͚̽̂͐ͦ͆̂ͯ̀o̤̬͖͋̽͊ͬͭ͗̆͞ ̠̳̩͉̙͚̞̈́̉͒̈́̍̽͋̚̕̕͟m̛̦̪̟̰̻̎̓̽ͅͅe͎̫̒̑ͧ͂̇̑̋ͤ͂̕ĕ͕̬̣͆͢ ͚͈t̥͖̥̥͕̄͌̌̿̊̒̇͂͟͝ͅ ̷͍̱͌̌̂̀̄̔̊̎ý̵͉̿ͮ͑̅̑ͅo̧̺̥͚̗͔̗̘͆́̇̿̄́u̸͋͑̄ͣ͏͇̖̯͙̬̝r ̷̨͓͖ͤ̐̕ ̭̮̠͂̾́͢͠f̶̣̻ͣ͆ͦ́͋̋ͤ̚a̧̞̱̋̄͂ͅt̡̎ͩ̏̌̌͌̚҉̙̻̦͕͍̬́e̍͛͆̒ ̭͓͖̹̤͙̗͑ͥ͌̚.̱̥͎͙̙̳̓̒̑̀ ̡̭̰̙̻̰͊͑ͦ͛ͮB̧̬̭̻͚̻̃̐͐̋̉̇͊ͧ̌͟u̸̘̟͚̯̖͖̲͋͠r͓̖̪̋̏̀̒n͊̔ ̪̝͍̰̤́ ̙̦̘̑̔̈̾͜f̮͕ͥ̉̓̐̄̔́͝o͚͙͓ͫͥ̓̈́͑ͤ̓͟͡r͕͇̱͖͌ͩ͐̔̄̏̀́̚ ͈̩̹̘ ͔̫̬̘̺̤̣͋̍͘͜͝y̳͖̭͓͔̥̻̗̟̋̓ͯ͆̉̇̒̀oͣ̆̂̄̅͏̧̡̝̻͉͙̼̮u̾ͮ͒̑ ̸̴͚͎̝̻͖͚͖̎̔r̨̜̲ͬ̒̾ͫͦ͡ ͇̠̱̗͖̒͊̋ͧ̓̿ͫͤť̷̪̌̏̊ͪ͢͠r̓ͧͥ͋͂҉̣̩̞͇͠a̷̸̘̗͓̳̖͎̦͗͆n͐̾ ̷҉̭̯̫͇̯ͅsͬ͑̀҉͈̰̬͕͇͚̟̺g̪̗̼̐̋ͧ̆̿ͧ̚ͅr̸̻̫̹ͤͅẽͣͧͪ̇̓̀̕͜ ̠͔͔̮s̨͔̜ͪͯ̊ͯ̄ͭ͛s͕͍̫̗̊̒͛ͦͫ͛͊̕i̝̬͊͌͢ǫ̵̦̞̹͂̕n̈̐̓̄ͧ̃̑ ̡̨͙̙͎͞s̻̊͗͘͞.͇̜̤̀̽ͤ͜ ̬͑̌͂͆̍̀̑̚*

They turn to Aly'ithra and six glints appear on their mask once more. They conjure up powerful arcane energy and focus it into the subtlest of spells.

Your father would surely like to know that you tried your best before giving up. Go introduce yourself to the Matron.

Their words slide through the air like eels through the ocean, slick and smooth. The magic coating them is as powerful as it is subtle. A suggestion. A command. The point at which the two blur. Irzayle may be a wretch thing now, but at one time they were a sorcerer to be reckoned with. And they haven't lost that prowess in their time away from the underdark. No, there are other reasons they refrain from magic when they can help it.

They force a smile and wait to see if the spell worked. Their arm twitches and a careful observer would see spasms throughout their body for a few moments after.

Ĥ̵̿̋ͨͨ̾̔̏̈̾͆͛̽͊̍҉̡̮͇͉̗͕̣̱̥͔̼̬̥͕̭͇Ȟ̎̆̂͒ͯ̅̊̋̿ͧͮ̅ͭ͏ ̷̟̖̙͖͖͈̜ͅŞ̶̝͈̜̳͔̠ͮ̈́̔͑ͥ͊̑ͮ́͟ͅS̶̛̗̬͕͍̪̼͎͐̄ͤͥ̽ͯͩ̄ͪ̒͘ ̙̦S̨̜̼͖͖͙̺̩̬̱͈̤̤͍̼̲ͯͮͨ̿ͨ͊͐̊ͦ̐͒̓̔̽ͫ͛̉̈́͞Ṡ̒͂̀͆̀̂̀ͬ̃̚ ̢͎̤̲̙̲͔͇͕̖̣͉̰̻͉͚̝̠͕͂͠Ą̱̤̪͉̫̹̻̟̞̲̦̯͈̮̺̟̲̆ͦ̄̈́̃̉̚͢Aͮ ͭ͂ͦ̀̏̇̈ͣ̄ͣ̑ͭ̓̐ͪ̉̂̐҉̴͟͝͏̭̪̗͖̻̱Ä̢̩̦̝̓͐ͧͨͣ͐͛̇̎́͗̃̀̕͠ ̺Ą̴̤̣̥͚͔̠̪̱̺̮͔̺͕̟̟͔͇͚̌͗͒ͫ͂͆͐̉̽̐̃̀͠Ą̍ͧͨ͊̃͑̚҉̴̡̥̹͍ ̟̰͈̥̭̦Ḁ̶̛̣̱͎̫͓͓̣͚̞̤͆̎̓̐̔̈̔̂̑̾̾͋ͥ̇͛̄ͮ͠A̓̓͛̆̈͊͐̓͗̔ͧ ̸̷̧̣͙̞̘̺͈̱̙͔̘̖͖̈͋ͬͨ͑͟ͅA̶͔͕̦̣̟͇̼̯̞̠̓̔ͫ͋͊̄̃̉̂ͣ̊̌͘͢͡͞ ̪̼̠̮A̴͙̫̲̳̻̘̪͈̜̣̘͉͙̦͚͚͖̅̈ͤ̕̕ͅA̝̬̗̻͇ͣ̽̽̄̆̃̌ͤ̄͊ͬͥ̓̊͜ ̹A̢̐͊͂͆̀̒̍̽ͤ͐ͣ̅͒̃͂̑̊̏͡҉͏̥̤͙͍͈̠͉̩̥̬͙̱̪̗͘ͅA̵̡ͮͤͫ̅͌ͬ͛ ̜͎̯̙͈̦̼̪̬͔̳̝͙̠Ȃ̴͓͙̖̥̾̄͂̅ͤ̒̀̀̌ͮ̾̆ͯ̑̐̚̚͟Ȃ̅͊ͯͬ̉̆̂ͥ̊ ̵̧̨̳̯̙̼̬̳̺̲̥̬̮̄ͩ͊̈́̎͜͞Á̢̨̛̙͓̙̳̱̫̺̻͆͑ͥͧ̿͆ͫͫ̽͐́͝A͊ͨͣ ̡̫̲̝̝̤͓͓̱̓ͩ̉ͬ̀̽̈́́̆̒Ä̵̪̳͍̘̯͕̥̱̳̳̩̜͈́ͣ̅ͯ̆͌̽̀͠ͅA͌̉̾҉͏ ͖̖̠̬̹̪̥͍͖̭̘͟͜͜A̸̓͆͆ͭͧͮͨ͘͏̗̣̪A̻̟͍̜ͪͪ̌͋̉̂͒͆̎͐̓͊̽͐͜͠͞ A̴̰̲̺̞̰͚̜͐̿͒̈̇̄͒͂͋̎͊͐̄͊̉̾ͯ́͡A̵̡̗͇̤̜̪͕͑ͮ́̉̇ͨ̅͗̅̚͡ͅͅ Å͎̙̭͕̜̬͖̃̏͗ͨ͋̔̂ͪ̿͛͘͜ͅ!̷̡͖͔͕̝̌̋͑ͭ̃ͤ̿ͪ͆̒̀̀̄̈́͛̓̉͑̆́͞ ̝͈̮̹̣̪̭̰͖̬͙!̨̜̰̫̩͎̠͔̙͍̗̫͎̐̄̆͆̌̋͑ͤ̉̎̓͗̓̉͊̈̀͞͝ͅ!ͣ͛͊̆ ͇̙̹̲̗͕̣̯̠̙̝̲̗̹͚̼ͭ̆̑̓ͣ̀̓͗ͪ̕͟!̛̛̞ͧ̓ͯ̏͂̓̓̉̈́̂́̅ͫ̅̌̚̚͞͡ ̱͉!̸̺̺͉̘̇ͣ̑̇̀͌̆ͭͦ̓̄͆ͥ̏̀ͤͧ̅ͣ̕͡!̶̵̧͕̻̼̪̳̥͔͉͎̬͐̔͛̊̔͐͞ ̟̭̮̹!̌̓ͭ͒̏ͧͧ́̚̚҉̨͏̝̫̞̖͙̯̖̯̲̩͚!̷̴̨͖̥̣̱͕͉̠̪ͫ̆ͧ́ͩ̈́͛ͥ͟ ̭͖͚̰͓͔!̂̂ͥ̀͋̽҉̴̨̝̥̣̠̙̬͎͔͇̰**

*You shall be punished for this. Run to meet your fate. Burn for your transgressions.

**HHSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jacklu; 2012-10-21 at 10:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"An associate? Sszinyon has had a few of those before." The Matron smiles knowingly. "That reminds me, I have a surprise bit of entertainment planned for later. I think you will both appreciate it."

Aly'ithra's ruby colored eyes glaze over for a moment and she stares, unfocused, at Irzayle and his glinting mask. She blinks, apparently not noticing anything was amiss, but clearly having a change of heart. "You know, I should at least say hello. It would only be polite." The dragon-blooded drowess decides, turning to walk towards the dais.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Shrike, meanwhile, appears to have returned to the punchbowl to refill her cup, but the Exalt happens to be discreetly listening in to the Matron.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #506

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace

Still a little jittery, Irzayle follows Aly'ithra.

Finally, things are moving in a positive direction again. Meet the Matron, dig up some useful information, possibly become acquainted and gain access to- oh gods who is that over by the Matron??? Abort! Abort!!!

Too late to abort. Irzayle inhales slowly and forces the shakes from their body. Time to pray desperately that this encounter doesn't end with them dead.

Ḫ̮̻͖͍͂͐̔̀͒͒̂̊̀e͇̫̺̎ͩͯ͑̒ͯͅȟ̝̳̞͔̦̃̔e͍̙͌̌̐ͥͦ̀h̅̋̀ͪͦ ̡̛̥͔̦͓̬̍͊͒͟e̺͉̳̿ͭ̊͗ͩ͋̀.̵ͬ҉͔̮͔͇͙̻͍͜*

*Hehehe.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

More than an associate, Ethelay thinks, as Endrik introduces himself. She had not failed to see Sszinyon's protectiveness towards his armoured companion. If Danube decided she was displeased with Endrik for any reason, it would likely drive Sszinyon away from the family again. So she hoped very much that her elder sister would remain in good spirits throughout the evening. And that no one from a rival House had anything sinister planned to disrupt proceedings.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #508
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

From a table not too close and not too far from where Irzayle and Aly'ithra had their little talk, a littler Matron narrows her eyes as she senses a spell being cast on someone in her vicinity. After a moment is taken to ensure that Elvanriina herself was not the target, the tiny Matron spies Aly'ithra's current course, and considers what she should do about it. On the off chance that the girl is being sent to assassinate the guest of honor against her will, removing the spell could bring her favor from Danube for dealing with such an annoyance before it had time to reach her. Of course, raising the ire of whoever is causing such a disturbance might not be worth the trouble, unless it happened to be the one following the quarter-dragon drowess so blatantly.

Almost too late, Elvanriina decides to do something about the spell, casting her hand at Aly'ithra briefly and trying to force whatever is compelling her towards Danube from her and into Irzayle instead. She doesn't know a proper way to dispel the effect, but transfering it to another is within her abilities.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #509

WolfInSheepsClothing

Palace

The spell comes off of Aly'ithra. Hopefully she won't be deterred by the sudden lack of magical convincing. With any luck she will assume her sudden lack of compulsion is second thoughts. The spell should be subtle enough that its removal is not jarring. Hopefully... Hopefully she will keep going because it is too late to turn back now.

As for Irzayle... They pause for half a step and turn to look Elvanriina directly in the eye. Their voice speaks across the room to the Matron, a voice that only she can hear.

I would prefer if you didn't interfere with a touching family reunion. Or try to undo my spells again.

Another voice speaks beneath Irzayle's, distant and hard to hear. What can be heard is... unpleasant...

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "An associate? Sszinyon has had a few of those before." The Matron smiles knowingly. "That reminds me, I have a surprise bit of entertainment planned for later. I think you will both appreciate it."
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Indeed. Well, I look forward to seeing what it is you have planned." If only because it might help him figure out what the drow here were actually up to. He didn't like the Matron's smile, not one bit. She was up to something.

"This is quite the event you have put on already." Turning his head, but not enough to take her out of view, Endrik gestured at the rest of the party. "Half of the Nexus seems to have turned up."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: