New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

[Ballroom]

Kirk chuckles and gives her an appreciative once over. "I'd be a liar if I denied it, though I'd prefer a less public setting." He said with a wink. "Though I have to admit, I was fond of how you looked before. Would it be selfish of me to say I hope you're not planning on too many permanent changes?"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ballroom]

"Nothing's permanent, where I come from," Tina assures him, smirking as sweetly as she possibly could. The musician steps right up to Kirk, turning her face up to look him in the eye. "And I happen to think that's sweet. Provided you mean my normal, human looks."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk chuckles and raises a hand to touch her face briefly before going up at her hair briefly to touch it experimentally. "And what else would I mean?" He gives her his most disarming smile. "I am a bit attached to how you were when we first met I admit. First impressions and all." He taps the side of his head.

4. - Top - End - #574

[Ballroom]

Tina gives him a skeptical look. "Are you this nice to all the girls that rob you, Kirk?" She reaches up to touch his hand, and her hair might suddenly feel genuinely hot. "I can be that trashy blue and pink thing, if you want."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh. I see," Naitiri says, affording Shrike a polite cough. She shakes the Exalt's hand with a smile. "I'm here representing Elexxion Industries. Are you, uh, here with Tina perhaps?"
    "Unfortunatly, no, I came on my own to this one," Shrike says, her handshake firm and her smile ready. "I wouldn't be surprised if she's here somewhere though, this seems like her kind of party."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk very quickly moves him hand away from her 'hair' when it gets hot. Ouch. "I suppose you must be special. On the other hand, I haven't been robbed particularly often, so who knows?" He gives her an amused smirk. "You won't hear any protest from me however you want to look. It's not like I spend time with you because of your good looks." He glances down briefly. "Though I admit it's a nice benefit."

7. - Top - End - #577

[Ballroom]

"I've heard she provided many of the beverages. The, ah, human ones anyway," Naitiri says, shrugging. "So what're you here for, Miss Shrike?"

Meanwhile...

Kirk will find his hand undamaged, if still a bit tingly. She arches a thin brow at him, rather unamused. "Mmhm. I'm sure if you want real looks, you've got lots of other girls for that. Jezebel comes to mind." She smirks cruelly. "How're you two lovebirds doing, anyway?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk chuckles and shakes her head. "Would you believe me if I told you I haven't seen her since that beach party? I don't intend to either, which I expect is even harder for you to believe."

9. - Top - End - #579

[Ballroom]

"Oh? Why's that?" Tina asks, genuinely surprised. She doesn't seem to think he's lying - Kirk doesn't lie to her."Did she try to buy your soul or something?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

"She's not really my type." Kirk says with a shrug. "And no, you don't need to pretend to not be surprised by that. I do have certain standards you know."

11. - Top - End - #581

[Ballroom]

"I had no such intention, Mister Locke," Tina says, smiling at him wickedly. "And what standards would these be? Full motor function? At least two limbs?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

"Ha ha, very funny." Despite the sarcasm, Kirk does sound amused. "I'm shocked how little you think of me." He shake his head in mock disappointment.

13. - Top - End - #583

[Ballroom]

"Pfft. You've got no idea what I think of you," The daemon-woman starts off toward the nearest attendant, plucking a tall glass of something from their platter. After a sip or two, her expression improves. "Not bad. Wonder what this stuff is."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk raises an eyebrow and follows after her. "I don't do I? I never realized it was some big secret. Do share." He says.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Entrance]

"Maybe. She didn't listen when I told her not t..." Ilpholin trails off. Perhaps not best to finish that comment implicitly.

Ilpholin looks a bit confused at first upon gift mentioning. And then her eyes get rather wide and, perhaps even startled. She didn't think he...
    Ilpholin will gingerly take the amulet, cupping it, but she finds herself rather speechless as a whole. All her plots and schemes and thoughts just seem to fly out of her head as she stares at it.
    I think she manages to mumble a thank you as she took it though.

[Ballroom]

Oooh. A gladiator contest. This could be interesting.
    Mister Squiggles is, of course, rooting for the drider. It just seems important to have some representation of the spider class.

[Entrance]

Raril only half heard what his daughter said, his attention now turned to the gladiatorial combat about to begin. He also noticed his brother's reaction, ever paranoid about the other drow. The fact Sszinyon was so near to his wife made Raril nervous. But his brother wasn't paying attention to Zee. No, he was watching the fighters. The drider specifically. But why...?

Realization hit Raril like a brick wall. "Ilpholin, if you're going to leave, you had best leave now." He advises her, without taking his eyes off of his brother.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    [Ballroom]

Endrik looks over at Sszy, somewhat confused. Who had the drow recognised? The drider? Endrik had never heard the name, before, but then he had always been careful not to pry too much into Sszinyon's past. It was, the paladin felt, best not to dwell on the past, and he was sure there were plenty of dark secrets in Sszinyon's.

"What is it?" the paladin asked, placing a hand on the drow's arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Oh, the gladiator will win, of course," Ethelay says to her son. But then she hears her brother's reaction. "What is it, Sszinyon?"

[Ballroom]

"I knew him." Sszinyon says quietly. He repeats the words in his native tongue, his voice a bare whisper. Ethelay may make note of his word choice, using knew in a much more personal sense than was usual.

[Dais]

"Oh that was my mother's idea." Danube explains to Irzayle. "A pitiful sight, is he not? As useful as he has proven to be, I think my predecessor had gone too far with is punishment. I am certain my dear misguided brother will agree." The Matron laughs, a soft but wicked sound, like a silk garrote.

Meanwhile, Sornnolu arrived on the dais, along with his sister. The guard that had followed took up a position on the steps below. The Matron did not acknowledge them, focused on the events unfolding in the ballroom.

Aly'ithra stood nearby, looking horrified. She had seen bloodsport before, but never had the stomach for it. Besides, if her instincts were right, this would be bloodier than she'd ever witnessed. And that... creature... monster. He used to be a drow. They had done this as punishment?!

[Fight]

The gladiator gives a shout of challenge and rushes the drider, his blade raised high. The drider stood firm against the charge until the very last moment, dropping low, his stomach brushing the polished marble floor. A long, spiked leg sticks out as the drider darts to the side, tripping up the gladiator. It follows the trip by slashing its clawed hand at his back. But the gladiator's armor held, and he tucked into a roll, recovering quickly and coming to his feet. The drider whirled to face him, letting out an inhuman hiss, ready to face his next attack.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-11-15 at 09:54 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

16. - Top - End - #586

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Ballroom]

Kirk raises an eyebrow and follows after her. "I don't do I? I never realized it was some big secret. Do share." He says.
    "Oh, what, in general?" Tina asks. She sips at her drink without taking her eyes off Kirk. "I think you're a really nice guy who tries not to be."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk looks at Tina curiously. It's clear that wasn't the response he was expecting. He wasn't quite sure what he was expecting, but there were so many more options more likely than that. Or so he thought.

"You know, I can't think of the last time I've been called a nice guy. I must not be trying hard enough." He chuckles, though he still looks like he's not quite sure what to think of that.

18. - Top - End - #588

[Ballroom]

"Mmhm," Tina says neutrally, peeeeering at the drow. She seems to be thinking about something while she sips her drink. "I could be wrong. Maybe you are just a sleazy jerk." And just like that, she's back to bantering at him.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Well Ilpholin had been planning on heading back in just to find a seat and sit down. Now Raril was telling her to go. Man he was good at mixed messages. Though admittedly, this one sounded more like an 'incoming danger' message than an affirmation of her previous desire to leave.

"Al-alright. Be careful." Ilpholin says, putting the amulet someplace safe and going to head out again. Need to find some quiet alley or something to talk to Din.

[Buffet Table]

Mister Squiggles chitter cheers the drider. Go drider! Spider represent!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-16 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

"I suppose it's a mystery then, isn't it? You can go on just assuming the first one, though." Kirk says with a wry smile.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dias

Punishment? What was his crime, I wonder?

They watch the fight progress with interest. Even failed as he was, the drider showed remarkable skill. Irzayle wonders how his opponent would fare if not for the armor.

Certainly, punishment for crimes is necessary. I never personally saw the point in mocking a criminal by perverting the form of the Web Mother's favored children.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

22. - Top - End - #592

[Ballroom]

"Mm. Maybe. Or maybe you're just really nice around me," Tina says, smirking impishly at the drow. "Now why would that be?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I've heard she provided many of the beverages. The, ah, human ones anyway," Naitiri says, shrugging. "So what're you here for, Miss Shrike?"
    "Me? I'm here for fun. And also to people-watch," Shrike observes with a chuckle. Then as the fight intensifies, she turns towards it, eyebrow raised as she observes the battle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

"Ah, of course. You think you're special now. Someone has a high opinion of them self, don't they? Tell me why you think I'm putting on this nice guy routine for you?" Kirk asked, looking at her expectantly.

25. - Top - End - #595

[Ballroom]

"Watching people die is your idea of fun?" Naitiri asks, glancing at the spectacle and swallowing.

Meanwhile...

Tina looks at Mr. Locke, sipping down the last of her drink for good measure. Then she steps right up to him, teeth gleaming in a smile, and puts her hands on her hips. "I think I asked you first."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Palace

"<I am sorry, brother,>"
    Ethelay says in drow. She gives a glance over at Danube, and sees her malicious smile. Of course. Another shot fired in the ever ongoing war between Danube and her brothers. The Matron hadn't even known Sszinyon would be here, but had arranged this anyway.

Stay out of it, her inner guide warned, and that guide had never led her wrong. Unswerving loyalty to the family, but never taking sides within it was how she'd survived this long, and that wasn't going to change now.

"<Tebtranlyn, go to your brother. Find a good viewing point for the fight - perhaps one of the balconies* - and point out any techniques he may want to learn,>" Ethelay says to her son in drow, while her hands flash in drow sign language, meant not to be seen by Sszinyon, <Keep him away and safe.>

Okay, there were some family members whose side she would always choose without hesitation. Her two sons.

Ethelay herself stays by Sszinyon's side. Whatever is to come, she doesn't expect to be drawn into it.

(*Unless there are no balconies in the room. In which case ignore that bit.)
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

What his mother said to him gave Tebtranlyn pause. It was only a moments pause though.

The assassin nodded to Ethelay. "<Yes... of course mother.>" He replied in the same form of drow. Teb backed up and then disappeared into the crowd.

And he soon reappeared by Ryldolin and Sadei. "Ryldolin," Teb said stepping up to his young brother. "This is the perfect opportunity to teach you more about fighting. Hmm, yes this spot has a good view of the fight. Now watch closely."
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk looked at Fettina with a wry smile on his face. But then his expression softened a bit, and actually looked genuine. "You're worth a bit of effort, I suppose."

29. - Top - End - #599

[Ballroom]

"Ah. A real answer. Refreshing," Tina says with a smile. She tries to sound just as wry, but it's hard with Kirk looking at her like that. "Though you don't sound too enthusiastic." 'A bit of effort, I suppose.' Pfft.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ballroom]

Kirk chuckles and looks away momentarily. It's only a matter of seconds before he looks back into her eyes. "Okay, fine. You're definitely worth a lot more than a bit of effort."