New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Tobias Vulpan, Commander of HALO, and his wife appear as close to the front entrance as any teleportation wards allow, walking the rest of the distance. He is wearing a crimson military dress uniform with gold buttons and gold crowns for rank insignia. The uniform is also adorned with several medals and ribbons. The military dress trousers are black with vertical crimson stripes on the sides, like a US Marine's uniform. His shoes are black and polished to a shine. His usual hat and satchel are gone for the evening, as are his concealed weapons. He seems confident and relaxed.
    Ori, the previously mentioned wife, does, in fact, appear next to Toby! Well, assuming that he got in, anyway. She's wearing a long dress of the same color, or very, very close to the same color, as Toby's uniform. Though her dress had to suffer some minor modifications. Namely; the back was cut out to allow room for her large, angelic wings.
    She's also barefoot; which is odd, because she did have shoes when they left HALO.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

A short while after Dipsnig enters, so does Goldbaka Flatnose, the Big Boss of the Underside Colony of goblins.

Goldbaka is a rather large goblin lady, both tall and wide. Her skin is dark grey and her eyes are dark red. She's got large ears and contrary to her family name, her nose is anything but flat - it's big and rather bulbous. Her hair is black and tied back in an official-looking bun.

As for her clothes, she's dressed in a spacious dark green dress - which seems to be designed to make her seem even bigger - with a wide, jewel-encrusted collar. The puffy sleeves are lined with black thread and tiny crystals.

Accompanying her is a skinny male goblin in a curious-looking miltary uniform. His skin is also grey, but much paler and his eyes are pale yellow. He has no hair on his head. The uniform he is wearing is dark grey, wide at the shoulders, with big epaulets and lots of buttons. It is fairly simple in design otherwise.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shelob's Den
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    [Shelob's Den]

Anis nods his understanding, and walks up to the front desk, retrieving his dagger from it's concealed holster.
    "This is all I have. Keep it safe, would you?"

It wasn't a lie. That was the only weapon he had on his person. He had plenty of spells ready to be prepped but really. What were the odds he'd be needing those? He takes a seat at the bar and orders a mushroom wine, looking over his shoulder at the lounge as he does so.

((For the sake of timeline integrity, let's assume this happens before the party at the palace.))

The mushroom wine is served to Asim by a drow male in a black vest over a white dress shirt, who seems to be only slightly older than the other males who work here. The wine itself is quite fine. Someone of Asim's stature has no doubt had better, but this is far from sub-standard.

Behind him, the young singer on the podium moves on to a new song and the invisible piano is joined by an equally invisible stringed instrument of some sort.

"Asim'hrea, House Aleth, am I correct?" A voice asks from his right. Alorhna Tam'Rinos stands there, leaning on a narrow black cane with both hands. She regards Asim through half-moon glasses, long white hair cascading down her back. Her pointed ears poke out under the brim of a tall, amethyst-coloured hat that matches the colour of her suit's jacket exactly. "It's not very often that we get lone, male visitors."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Also arriving at the party is Izz'daer Xar'cha, though his friends would know him as Izzy. The drow has dressed himself is a tightly fitting sapphire waistcoat to match his House's colours. Under it is a billowy sleeved, white shirt and covering his legs are rather tight blue pants. Atop his head is an absurd blue top hat with a golden band.

"Quite the showing for the matron it seems. Not that I'm the least bit surprised. The position tends to demand such extravagance, if they don't demand it personally. Not that I can complain about a party." No, Izzy isn't talking to himself. He has a date for the evening.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Administration Headquarters]

The guard brings Akroaun to the records office, which has a list of every drow and family who came to the surface with House Xar'Cha. Odds are Akroaun's family won't be listed there. The guard's beginning to get suspicious. "What's the deal, kid?"

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu Xar'Cha stood near the entrance to the ballroom, greeting guests as they arrived. He was dressed in robes of his House's colors. His mantle was a deep blue, embroidered in gold thread in a spider web pattern. At the center of his back was the gold spider of House Xar'Cha, encrusted with sapphires. A gold circlet with a trio of star sapphires rested on his head.

At his side was Felyn'wae Auvryana, wearing a long silver dress with a low back and high slits up the sides. A sheer wrap curled around her shoulders, also patterned like a spider's web.

Trailing after Ilpholin was the imposing Din. The orc-blooded drow was dressed in simple black clothes. The crest of House Xar'Cha was sewn onto his shoulders and over his heart.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #96

[Headquarters]

Akoraun fidgets. Uh, what do you mean, ma'am?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't live here. You have no family here." The guard points out. "And those people back at the bar were calling you a spy. Explain. Now."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #98

Xar'Cha Palace

"Oh, naturally," says Izzy's companion. "All the important surface dwellers want to see and be seen and everyone down here wants the surface dwellers to know how important they are."

Walking with her arm linked around Izzy's and a narrow black cane supporting her in her free hand is a figure several of the party-goers may be quite surprised to see there. Alorhna Tam'Rinos, mistress of the lady's club Shelob's Den, walks beside Izzy in all her purple and silver finery. Her long white hair is drawn to the side, woven down to her jawline and bound by a bow of silver ribbon to flow freely over her right shoulder. She wears a long, amethyst dress that falls to her ankles with a knee-high slit up the left side that gives tantalizing glimpses of legs still shapely despite their age. Tapered sleeves hug her arms, flaring out slightly at the wrists. From the waist up, silver thread is embroidered over the fabric, crossing and weaving together to resemble spider webs.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzy chuckles as he guides her inside the palace proper. "I don't suppose you've had much opportunity to visit the palace, have you? It's really quite spectacular." The drow sweeps his arm in front of them, gesturing to the architecture and decor. "Well, the first dozen times you see it at least."

10. - Top - End - #100

Xar'Cha Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ""Don't concern yourself over me, Magtok."
    "Never have, never will," Magtok's very tempted to say. He resists the urge to make a fool of himself quite handily, however. Vampire women are notorious for not being the sort of ladies you want to upset with that kind of flagrantly suicidal nonsense. Something about the unnaturally long canines in their mouth and an appetite for hemoglobin, if I remember correctly.

"It's certainly bigger than I expected. Drow architects build fast, apparently. Make you wonder just how ostentatious their below-grounds scene is."

This is just a show for the weird, gross, undrowly surface people, after all. Gods only know what they might have down in the Underdark, where they wouldn't feel obligated to hold back. Our Maggy leads the way, enthusiastically taking in the scenery as he goes along. It should be no surprise to anyone that he's a fan of the grandiose and showy, given who he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"They do, especially since they strike me as a bit of a technologically backwards people. Though, I fully expect magic had a hand in this place's creation." It would certainly explain the speed. It begs the question how much of it was done with magic, and the limitations of it.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"You don't live here. You have no family here." The guard points out. "And those people back at the bar were calling you a spy. Explain. Now."
    Uhm... I was born... somewhere else? He fidgets mroe and looks down sheepishly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"We all were. That tells me nothing. Now, you had better explain things quickly." The guard demands, raising her hand, threatening to strike Akoraun. She was angry and frustrated and felt she was being played for a fool. If this child was a spy, she would be the one responsible for bringing him in here.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Magtok and Samona will be approached by Boss Flatnose and her silent companion.

"It seems I finally have the chance to meet the illustrious Lord Magtok," she says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"We all were. That tells me nothing. Now, you had better explain things quickly." The guard demands, raising her hand, threatening to strike Akoraun. She was angry and frustrated and felt she was being played for a fool. If this child was a spy, she would be the one responsible for bringing him in here.
    What do you want to know?! I'm sorry! Akoraun steps back, terrified!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Tobias Vulpan, Commander of HALO, and his wife appear as close to the front entrance as any teleportation wards allow, walking the rest of the distance.
    Oooh. Quinn. This would be an interesting night after all. Ilph-

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Ori, the previously mentioned wife, does, in fact, appear next to Toby!
    Oops. Wrong Tobias. Well guess that saved the party.
    Looking around, Ilpholin chooses a more interesting prey to talk to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    Tebtranlyn Xar'Cha was not a happy drow.
    Ilpholin would just have to cheer him up! Grinning she steps over. "Why Teb. It's been so long." Of course, last time Tebtranlyn saw Ilpholin, Ilph was still a nymph and not the true Draegloth she is today.

Mister Squiggles goes to skitter off someplace quiet near the buffet table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #107

Xar'Cha Palace

"Well that's magic for y-"

Oh hey, a goblin lady person who seems to recognize you. Man that schnoz is huge. So big. She doesn't even need a vacuum, she could just put her face down against a carpet and start sniffing away! Don't stare at her fat nose, Maggy, don't stare at her nose!

"You seem to have caught me at a disadvantage, ma'am. My name's plastered shamelessly on every tabloid that will have it, but I'm afraid I can't quite recall yours..."

He also doesn't have a hand to shake, if she'd any intention of doing that. Having a vampire hanging off of you will do that, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilpholin would just have to cheer him up! Grinning she steps over. "Why Teb. It's been so long." Of course, last time Tebtranlyn saw Ilpholin, Ilph was still a nymph and not the true Draegloth she is today.

Mister Squiggles goes to skitter off someplace quiet near the buffet table.
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Oh, goody, it was his uncle Raril's bastard daughter turned full 'true' drow. Teb scowled for a second but soon erased it with a smooth line of a mouth as he turned to face Ilpholin.

" Oh, Ilpholin, my dear cousin, I almost didn't recognize you. " 'But your annoying voice gave it away' He only thought the last part. " You look well. I see what I've heard about you was true. " So, it was true that you somehow managed to make yourself appear as a full drow. " How have you been? " I had hoped you were dead. " How's your father? " Bastard child. " What are you up to these days? " I couldn't care less but I have to act nice to you.
    Last edited by ApeofLight; 2012-09-09 at 09:14 PM.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #109

[Entrance]

Cessie finally arrive to this event, having flied all the way here with her husband. She's is back into her old shape, there isn't any sign of her old pregnancy, just like she wanted.

Her clothes as new though, or at least she isn't using the same type of dress as usual. It's an blood red saree with silver linings which have been warped around her body with an tight undershirt barely visible underneath it. A bit of the transparent fabric is draped over her left arm, hanging down over her wrist. The warping is slightly tighter then her usual attire which frames the curves underneath much better then the traditional rather shapeless clothing the sorceress wears.

"So you know the drow better then me Harnel, what are we supposed to do know? The last thing I want to do is offend anyone." She quietly says to the half-dragon, her right arm warped around his.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Yet no magic, nor make-up, nor surgical lines exist.

"Too beautiful for you to retain in your memory, I understand. I'm well. It is. I'm still well. Have no idea. Running AMEN keeps me busy, but I made sure to take time off just to see you."

"What about you? Dear auntie keeping you busy with errands?" Errand boy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

" How kind of you. And here I thought you were here to see the Matron. But yes, I've been kept busy here at the palace. In fact I'm helping with security, keep my eyes on the guests as a guest, make sure they don't try anything. You understand. " Teb was starting to look around the room, trying to find someone else to talk to. He wanted to escape this little annoying conversation.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Can't keep your eyes off the guests, huh? I understand..."

"Well far be it from me to deter you from paid ogling. I think I'll just go and actually do things instead. Bye!" Ilpholin gives a warm smile to Teb, before turning to go mingle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

And look who else is here. One Mister Kirk Locke is standing casually a short ways away from the entrance. If you look closely, he's wearing a different suit. This one a bit less casual than his usual, as much as a suit can be casual that is. It looks expensive. His hat is, of course, his usual wide brimmed SRV hat.

It would take someone that knows him very well to notice, but the drow is actually a bit ill at ease. There are a lot of unfamiliar drow here, and old habits die hard. For the moment, he contents himself with waiting for him date to arrive.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Kirk might be surprised to find a slender arm suddenly entwined with one of his. Though it's not the one he was expecting - it's a deep purple, for starters. A pair of crimson eyes find his face, and a sultry smile bears genuine good will. This woman isn't there to slip a knife in his side at least.

Her dress is a slim, honeysuckle-colored white and gold affair. It only covers the important parts of her upper body - a challenge in itself, with her generous curves - and leaves one leg bare to the hip. Long white hair matches the color of her clothes, actual honeysuckle braided into rings around it.

A somewhat thick, dark veil covers her face, hung from a jeweled headress. Her voice is a little deep, if somewhat familiar. "Someone stand you up, handsome?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-10 at 12:14 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Kirk raises an eyebrow at the woman suddenly holding his arm. If she was looking, she would have noticed him stiffen just a little before she touched him. Maybe he wasn't so surprised.

The drow puts on a calculatedly inviting smile "I wouldn't stay stood up just yet. But you're welcome to keep me company in the meantime." There's something about that voice, but he can't place it. "We must never have met, because I'm sure I would remember someone as lovely as you."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Halfling in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I'm sure you would," says that strange voice, perhaps hinting at something. The drow woman pets his arm, having noticed some tension. "Relax, darling. Can't look so stiff in front of these people." She looks up at him again. "I have to wonder what a drow like you's doing here. You look positively acclimated. Not a lot of men here in... human clothes."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-10 at 12:49 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Just who is this woman? Kirk scrutinizes her a bit more closely. "I actually didn't come to the surface with the Xar'Cha's like most of the other's here. I'm been in the Nexus for nearly two years now." The drow adjusts his tie. "Though my sense of fashion developed a good while before that."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Ugh. Mingling. Delisle hated this sort of thing. There was a reason her career path had been involved mostly in paperwork. She just simply wasn't good with people.

"Vyrn, who should we speak to first?"
    They both had gotten subvocal communicators implanted just behind the ear - easily removable after the event - to allow for just this sort of communication. "Probably not Ilpholin, after the events of the last council meeting." If she weren't thinking of the political aspects of everything, she probably would have chosen Ilpholin, simply because it was someone she'd conversed with before, however briefly.

((ooc: this post subject to DC-the-player approving the subvocal implants))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

"Well that's magic for y-"

Oh hey, a goblin lady person who seems to recognize you. Man that schnoz is huge. So big. She doesn't even need a vacuum, she could just put her face down against a carpet and start sniffing away! Don't stare at her fat nose, Maggy, don't stare at her nose!

"You seem to have caught me at a disadvantage, ma'am. My name's plastered shamelessly on every tabloid that will have it, but I'm afraid I can't quite recall yours..."

He also doesn't have a hand to shake, if she'd any intention of doing that. Having a vampire hanging off of you will do that, unfortunately.
    "My name is Goldbaka Flatnose. I am the Boss of the Underside Colony of goblins. This is Bratznef Ridgebank, my general and advisor," the goblin lady says. The bald goblin next to her nods. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Samona looks at the two goblins with significant interest. She's heard little of the goblins living beneath the surface, but she takes note of these two individuals, just in case it becomes useful in the future. For the moment she'll wait for Magtok too introduce her, though she does give his arm a little squeeze to remind him to do so.