New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    What do you want to know?! I'm sorry! Akoraun steps back, terrified!
    [Administrative Headquarters]

"Insolent Brat!" The guard swings, aiming to strike Akoraun across the face. "Tell me who sent you!" The clerks in the office hardly spare a glance at the altercation, seemingly only disturbed by the fact the guard was being too loud.

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Spotting Dipsnig in the ballroom, Sornnolu waves politely to attract his attention. "Master Razortooth, I am pleased to see you again." The drow says smiling broadly.

The lady beside him looked somewhat ill at ease, but was clearly trying to remain polite. But really, a Goblin?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Entrance]

Cessie finally arrive to this event, having flied all the way here with her husband. She's is back into her old shape, there isn't any sign of her old pregnancy, just like she wanted.

Her clothes as new though, or at least she isn't using the same type of dress as usual. It's an blood red saree with silver linings which have been warped around her body with an tight undershirt barely visible underneath it. A bit of the transparent fabric is draped over her left arm, hanging down over her wrist. The warping is slightly tighter then her usual attire which frames the curves underneath much better then the traditional rather shapeless clothing the sorceress wears.

"So you know the drow better then me Harnel, what are we supposed to do know? The last thing I want to do is offend anyone." She quietly says to the half-dragon, her right arm warped around his.
    [Entrance]

"Just keep in mind that women are considered to be a lot better than men; in their society, if there's even one woman in a family, she's the leader," He smiles mischievously, "So really, just be yourself and you should be fine. A lot of drow are religious and worship a spider goddess named Lolth. Don't accept any challenges, only drink from cups you either fill yourself or are given to you by someone above your perceived station (which shouldn't be too hard, given how puffed up most matrons are), and don't get goaded into an argument. You should be fine in everything else."

Harnel is wearing a silk shirt under a black vest with two tails hanging from the front, done in embroidered silk with subtle gold and silver brocade along the edges. It's held together by five large decorative clasps and a loose sash that hangs just below the waist. Various ornamental folds of cloth are tied to it by large rings of black metal. On his legs are a pair of dark embroidered pants, and on his feet he wears a set of wrappings, leaving only his claws open to the air. Altogether, it's a nice looking outfit, and leaves him freedom o movement should he need it.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-10 at 01:05 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Flatnose. Of course. Because gods forbid a goblin last name make any sense. Someone must've been laughing their sorry rear off when they realized just how unfitting their spouse/daughter's proboscis was, and the pains that everyone would always be going through every day forever to try to resist the urge to laugh at the irony.

"Samona Mase, my liaison with the city of Riverside."

Magtok gestures with his left arm, towards the awful blood-sucking abomination wrapped around his right. There, are you happy now, you awful parasite? You got your introduction, and Magtok even managed to find a way to make your work sound totally legal and legitimate, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"It's an absolute pleasure to meet you both." Samona says with a warm smile. "The Boss of the Underside Colony. An impressive position for sure. Have you held it for long?" She asks politely, but her tone conveys interest.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Spotting Dipsnig in the ballroom, Sornnolu waves politely to attract his attention. "Master Razortooth, I am pleased to see you again." The drow says smiling broadly.

The lady beside him looked somewhat ill at ease, but was clearly trying to remain polite. But really, a Goblin?
    "So am I, Master Xar'Cha. I'm afraid your companion has me at a disadvantage, though," Dipsnig says with a nod to the female drow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Flatnose. Of course. Because gods forbid a goblin last name make any sense. Someone must've been laughing their sorry rear off when they realized just how unfitting their spouse/daughter's proboscis was, and the pains that everyone would always be going through every day forever to try to resist the urge to laugh at the irony.

"Samona Mase, my liaison with the city of Riverside."

Magtok gestures with his left arm, towards the awful blood-sucking abomination wrapped around his right. There, are you happy now, you awful parasite? You got your introduction, and Magtok even managed to find a way to make your work sound totally legal and legitimate, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"It's an absolute pleasure to meet you both." Samona says with a warm smile. "The Boss of the Underside Colony. An impressive position for sure. Have you held it for long?" She asks politely, but her tone conveys interest.
    "Charmed," Goldbaka says to Samona. She's used to people making note of the disparity between her family name and the actual size of her nose, but that doesn't mean she likes it. "I have held the position since the colony was founded, about two years ago. 'The Boss' simply means the position of highest authority. I admit that it is not very original."

"I am afraid that most of our people believe in succint titles that describe their object to the point. Someone in charge is a boss, and anything else is seen as pointless sophistry," Bratznef observes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Administrative Headquarters]

"Insolent Brat!" The guard swings, aiming to strike Akoraun across the face. "Tell me who sent you!" The clerks in the office hardly spare a glance at the altercation, seemingly only disturbed by the fact the guard was being too loud.

Ow!
    Akoraun is struck, and tears start to form as a large bruise forms on his cheek.

I don't know! Someone Louv're!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Please forgive Sornnolu's lapse in etiquette." The lady says smoothly. "I am Felyn'wae Auvryana, Priestess of Lolth." She introduces herself with a smile that hardly seemed forced.

Sornnoly, for his part, seemed appropriately rebuked, though he took the slight reprimand with dignity.

[Adminstrative Headquarters]

"Louv're? Is that some upstart House?" The guard demands.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Terrowin spots Harnel and Cessie, and frowns briefly before relaxing his face and heading over towards them. "Hello! I haven't seen you for a while, how're things at WATCHTOWER? I'm quite busy nowadays, so I can't visit as often as I'd like."

Also, Cessie's wedding present was a beetle in amber necklace that protects against disease and poison when it's worn, so Cessie shouldn't have anything to worry about when it comes to from whom she accepts a drink from unless she isn't wearing it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #129

[Entrance]

"You're awful." Cessie whispers back with a smile before quickly kissing him on the cheek. She then turns to look at Terrowin as he approaches, oh dear.

"Terrowin, that wasn't yesterday." She remarks as he comes up to them. "I trust you're busy with your church then? Must be a lot work for you."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Harnel keeps the surprise off his face, and internally wonders whether or not Terrowin knows who destroyed the hermitage. For now though, he remains silent, allowing his wife to speak with the priest.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace- Entrance

"It is, yes. I've got a lot less on my plate since the other Temples devolved, but there's a council now and I'm on it, along with High Priestess Elezibethele, High Priest Defelent, High Priestess Charynrae and Grand Mistress Azurelle. Hasn't met yet, though; just as well, really. Elezibethele is xenophobic, Charynrae's never seen the sky and Azurelle is urging us to send more recruits." Terrowin has no idea what wasn't yesterday, as the statement confused his player.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

It's alright Delisle. Ilpholin's decided not to talk to the Councilors either for the most part. Which is unfortunate really since it seems Sorn only invited them. How droll. How boring. And goblins too! They had their uses admittedly, but at a party for the Matron herself? Thin ice Sorn. But not Ilpholin's concern at least.

Unfortunately it leaves little to do. She forgot how boring Teb actually was. Now Kirk... Kirk would be so much fun. But... Darcy did sort of make Ilph swear off her Kirk plans. Probably would be too much temptation to enact them anyways if she went with him. Lots of interesting looking plus ones, but all attached to one of the formerly discussed in some way or another.

Well, process of elimination left two real choices. Wallflower Jane Doe or... well there's a pair of drow Ilpholin doesn't think she's met. Seems worth a look. Might be interesting.

Ilpholin heads over to Alorhna and Izzy and gives a slight bow in greeting upon arrival. "Why hello there. I don't believe we've met. I'm Ilpholin Xar'cha. And you?"
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Tebtranlyn walked about the ballroom, watching everyone in suspicion and boredom. Partial-drow, goblins, humans, other sentient beings. It was almost enough to make Teb sick. Why were they being forced to mingle with such lesser beings. The only reason he could think of was to show off the Matron of House Xar'Cha to all.

In Teb's mind it was barely worth it.

But orders where orders so he walked up towards Delisle. "Greetings, I am Tebtranlyn Xar'Cha. Enjoying yourselves?"
    Last edited by ApeofLight; 2012-09-10 at 08:16 PM.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Ori, the previously mentioned wife, does, in fact, appear next to Toby! Well, assuming that he got in, anyway. She's wearing a long dress of the same color, or very, very close to the same color, as Toby's uniform. Though her dress had to suffer some minor modifications. Namely; the back was cut out to allow room for her large, angelic wings.
    She's also barefoot; which is odd, because she did have shoes when they left HALO.
    Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias looks around for familiar faces and sadly finds few. Councilors, the head of AMEN, and... nope, that was it. He'd go introduce himself to some of the more important drow, but he has no clue who they are or what they would look like. So he just talks to Ori for now. Well, here we are. Very impressive place. Now we just need to figure out what we should... Where are your heels?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Behold! The next guest to arrive! The carriage she arrives in is truly suitable for the palatial surroundings, a black painted monster awash with gilded dragons and swords, drawn by a team of black-

Screw it. I've been delaying this post for days and I can't make the effort anymore.
    Lillanthil's here. She's got horns and wings and giant breasts and is wearing a pretty red dress with no back and cleavage that would probably give Cessie an aneurysm. (Even though Cessie is wearing a tight sari that is probably totally revealing her arms and one shoulder.)
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-10 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

It's about this time that another Councilor finally arrives, fashionably late...

...Shrike pauses, eyeing Lillanthil's dress. Smirks.
    "...well, had I known it was that kind of party, I'd have chosen a different dress."

Tobias and Ori get a nod of greeting once the Solar Exalted finishes her apprasial.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Lillanthil turns to look at Shrike with a rather disgusted look, drumming the fingers of her right hand on one thigh. Shrike may notice it's adorned with several rather large gem encrusted rings, in particular one that looks like a dragon's head, with tiny black pearls for eyes, and a carved onyx signet ring in the shape of a dragon coiled around a rose thorn.

"There's rather little need for that. Your current outfit is cheap enough."

((Dress, by the way, only halterneck style with a (rather deep) diamond shaped boob window in the front.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-10 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Louv're? Is that some upstart House?" The guard demands.
    I don't know! Akoraun starts to cry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shelob's Den

((For the sake of timeline integrity, let's assume this happens before the party at the palace.))

The mushroom wine is served to Asim by a drow male in a black vest over a white dress shirt, who seems to be only slightly older than the other males who work here. The wine itself is quite fine. Someone of Asim's stature has no doubt had better, but this is far from sub-standard.

Behind him, the young singer on the podium moves on to a new song and the invisible piano is joined by an equally invisible stringed instrument of some sort.

"Asim'hrea, House Aleth, am I correct?" A voice asks from his right. Alorhna Tam'Rinos stands there, leaning on a narrow black cane with both hands. She regards Asim through half-moon glasses, long white hair cascading down her back. Her pointed ears poke out under the brim of a tall, amethyst-coloured hat that matches the colour of her suit's jacket exactly. "It's not very often that we get lone, male visitors."

[Shelob's Den]
    Asim stands and smiles at the drow, bowing gracefully and low.

"I would guess not. And you are in fact, correct my lady. I am at your service. I had heard about your...establishment and wanted to investigate it for myself."

He pointedly did not mention where he had heard it from. He did not feel it was necessary to announce to the world that he was following up a servants rumor on a pure whim.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Xar'Cha Palace]

The two heads of House Aleth, had been at the party for quite sometime already. The Lady Inala is wearing a long and (for a Drow Matron) extremely modest grey blue dress decorated with silvery stars. The effect draws attention to her elaborately done up hair. It's many tiers and waves make it resemble a water feature. She is speaking in a furious private conference with her son, the Lord Asim'hrae.

"Remember...you need to get Sornnolu's ear privately. Away from that priestess." She whispers furiously as her son walks away from her.

"Yes mother, I understand..." Asim says, sighing. "I'm not a child anymore." He sighs, and walks towards the host of the party, waiting a respectful distance away,trying to catch Sornnolu's eye.

Inala for her part, wanders out into the foyer to look over the some of the new guests, perhaps talk to the cyborg. If she got a deal with him worked out...She spies him right away, apparently engrossed in conversation with a goblin. She sneers slightly, but quickly manages to return her facial position to a benign neutral position as she approaches the group.

"Good evening."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

20. - Top - End - #140

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Jane has been steadily moving along, eyeing each of the guests. She didn't recognize many beyond some Council members. It's unlikely that anyone will recognize her; she's selected one of her more attractive disguises, something of a rarity for her.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Just who is this woman? Kirk scrutinizes her a bit more closely. "I actually didn't come to the surface with the Xar'Cha's like most of the other's here. I'm been in the Nexus for nearly two years now." The drow adjusts his tie. "Though my sense of fashion developed a good while before that."
    "You talk about the Xar'Cha's like you aren't related," the woman says, making an effort to turn her face away again. Closer scrutiny just won't do. "What house would you be from?" The woman looks up at him again briefly, and Kirk might catch a flash of white teeth through her webbed veil. A smirk. "Or should I know?" She doesn't seem all that worried about offending a 'foreign nobleman', especially given the 'man' part.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #142

Xar'Cha Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [COLOR="Sienna"]"Charmed," Goldbaka says to Samona. She's used to people making note of the disparity between her family name and the actual size of her nose, but that doesn't mean she likes it. "I have held the position since the colony was founded, about two years ago. 'The Boss' simply means the position of highest authority. I admit that it is not very original."

"I am afraid that most of our people believe in succinct titles that describe their object to the point. Someone in charge is a boss, and anything else is seen as pointless sophistry," Bratznef observes.
    Lord Magtok nods, trying his best not to fidget uncomfortably at the mention of pointless sophistry. Clearly these goblins are not his kind of people; only a complete idiot would ever dare imply otherwise.

"So a general then, Ridgebank? I wasn't aware the Underside Colony had much need for such a-"

Oh look, a drow noblewoman. No idea if this will prove any better or worse than getting trapped in the hideous vacuum of Boss Bignose and Captain Not Very Pretty Either, but Magtok gives her a nod of acknowledgement anyways. Seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get something out of him tonight, whether it be a confession of goblin heritage, a business dealing, or some other third thing he can't even begin to imagine.

"And a pleasant one to you as well, ma'am."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-09-10 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Samona gives the drowess an appraising look when she draws attention to herself. She has had limited experience with drow in the past, even when Durin attached himself to her's and Ramiro's little enterprise. The man doesn't talk about his past. So it's with interest that Samona observes this newcomer.

"I would hope not." Kirk says with a chuckle. "No, I don't think anyone around here knows what House I came from. I like it that way. Gives an air of mystery, you know?"

24. - Top - End - #144

Shelob's Den: Earlier

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    [Shelob's Den]
    Asim stands and smiles at the drow, bowing gracefully and low.

"I would guess not. And you are in fact, correct my lady. I am at your service. I had heard about your...establishment and wanted to investigate it for myself."

He pointedly did not mention where he had heard it from. He did not feel it was necessary to announce to the world that he was following up a servants rumor on a pure whim.

Alorhna returns the bow by inclining her head quite deeply, as owner of the establishment to an esteemed guest.
    "Please, sit," she says, lifting her free hand to the row of stools and then takes one herself. From the other side of the counter, the bar tender (in what could be considered a stunning act of familiarity) nods at Alorhna and pours her a flute of blackberry wine. Grasping the glass with three strong fingers by its delicate stem, the madam examines Amis with a scrutinizing gaze. Reaching up with one hand, she lightly adjusts the rim of her half-moon glasses to better view Amis over it. "So, Sir Amis, how goes your investigation? All positive, I hope?"

At The Gala
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzy chuckles as he guides her inside the palace proper. "I don't suppose you've had much opportunity to visit the palace, have you? It's really quite spectacular." The drow sweeps his arm in front of them, gesturing to the architecture and decor. "Well, the first dozen times you see it at least."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

It's alright Delisle. Ilpholin's decided not to talk to the Councilors either for the most part. Which is unfortunate really since it seems Sorn only invited them. How droll. How boring. And goblins too! They had their uses admittedly, but at a party for the Matron herself? Thin ice Sorn. But not Ilpholin's concern at least.

Unfortunately it leaves little to do. She forgot how boring Teb actually was. Now Kirk... Kirk would be so much fun. But... Darcy did sort of make Ilph swear off her Kirk plans. Probably would be too much temptation to enact them anyways if she went with him. Lots of interesting looking plus ones, but all attached to one of the formerly discussed in some way or another.

Well, process of elimination left two real choices. Wallflower Jane Doe or... well there's a pair of drow Ilpholin doesn't think she's met. Seems worth a look. Might be interesting.

Ilpholin heads over to Alorhna and Izzy and gives a slight bow in greeting upon arrival. "Why hello there. I don't believe we've met. I'm Ilpholin Xar'cha. And you?"

Alorhna smiles at Izzy's none-too-subtle brag, but whatever dry remark she had to make on it is lost when she crosses the threshold into the palace and sets eyes on all its finery. Her lips remain slightly parted, a last vestige of that unspoken retort, as her violet eyes drift from fresco to fresco. Why didn't she have any frescos in her club? She was going to have to rectify that some day. Perhaps soon. Not the elaborate lore and historical scenes depicted, though. Landscapes, perhaps?
    "Very impressive. As befits the matron, of course. I do wonder who-"

But before she can finish her thought, Alorhna falls silent when she spots Ilpholin approaching. She returns the purple-haired Xar'Cha's bow with a much deeper one of her own.
    "Alorhna Tam'Rinos, proprietor and director of Shelob's Den. I don't believe I've seen you there."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Shrike sniffs at Lillanthil's comment, and turns to mingle, mentally sizing up everyone as she sweeps her eyes across the attendees.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Izzy whisks off his hat and holds it over his chest. "Ilpholin! Cousin! It's simply been entirely too long." With a flourish, he dips down in a deep bow, his hand practically sweeping against the floor. "I see the surface has been treating you well. I must admit that I almost didn't recognize you. I wasn't aware that the sun darkened the skin so, like it does to the surface races."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

At The Gala At the Gala

Ilpholin shakes her head slightly to Alorhna.
    "I don't think I've been there. I'm afraid I don't visit the enclave much." She hasn't even heard of it to be honest.

"And Izz'daer! And yes, I've been blessed for my hardships. But you, I see you're as flashy as ever."

"How did you two meet?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-11 at 08:37 AM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Inala for her part, wanders out into the foyer to look over the some of the new guests, perhaps talk to the cyborg. If she got a deal with him worked out...She spies him right away, apparently engrossed in conversation with a goblin. She sneers slightly, but quickly manages to return her facial position to a benign neutral position as she approaches the group.

"Good evening."
    Xar'Cha Palace

Lord Magtok nods, trying his best not to fidget uncomfortably at the mention of pointless sophistry. Clearly these goblins are not his kind of people; only a complete idiot would ever dare imply otherwise.

"So a general then, Ridgebank? I wasn't aware the Underside Colony had much need for such a-"

Oh look, a drow noblewoman. No idea if this will prove any better or worse than getting trapped in the hideous vacuum of Boss Bignose and Captain Not Very Pretty Either, but Magtok gives her a nod of acknowledgement anyways. Seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get something out of him tonight, whether it be a confession of goblin heritage, a business dealing, or some other third thing he can't even begin to imagine.

"And a pleasant one to you as well, ma'am."
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Samona gives the drowess an appraising look when she draws attention to herself. She has had limited experience with drow in the past, even when Durin attached himself to her's and Ramiro's little enterprise. The man doesn't talk about his past. So it's with interest that Samona observes this newcomer.

The two goblins turn towards the newcomers as well, with a nod. Goldbaka appraises her with a shrewd eye, as if seeing through the drow's pretend politeness. She's as cunning as any drow matron.
    "Good evening."
    Her general just nods.

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Please forgive Sornnolu's lapse in etiquette." The lady says smoothly. "I am Felyn'wae Auvryana, Priestess of Lolth." She introduces herself with a smile that hardly seemed forced.

Sornnoly, for his part, seemed appropriately rebuked, though he took the slight reprimand with dignity.
    "Oh, it's nothing," Dipsnig says in a light tone. "It's an honor to meet you, priestess. Congratulations on establishing this foothold in Inside."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace- Entrance

"It is, yes. I've got a lot less on my plate since the other Temples devolved, but there's a council now and I'm on it, along with High Priestess Elezibethele, High Priest Defelent, High Priestess Charynrae and Grand Mistress Azurelle. Hasn't met yet, though; just as well, really. Elezibethele is xenophobic, Charynrae's never seen the sky and Azurelle is urging us to send more recruits." Terrowin has no idea what wasn't yesterday, as the statement confused his player.
    Xar'Cha Palace- Entrance

What an interesting bunch of names. As for Cessie's statement, it's actually a Swedish proverb which been directly translated to English. It basically means 'long time, no see' and I'm using the directly translated version to give impression of her different culture.

"Looks like you have branched out quite a bit then since last time." The mage remarks. "I wasn't aware the faith of Dalachrech was so widely spread."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-11 at 10:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I would hope not." Kirk says with a chuckle. "No, I don't think anyone around here knows what House I came from. I like it that way. Gives an air of mystery, you know?"
    "Mm. Cute. Just remember," the woman begins, right before she stretches up to put her lips at Kirk's ear. "I know you've been away awhile, but drow don't much like mysteries." That said, she lowers herself back down and glances over the other guests. "Shall we?"

Meanwhile...

Rather than some primitive carriage, a strange vehicle descends from the sky. It remains well outside the palace gates, landing only long enough to deposit a single guest. A pair of faceless guards clad in black armor wait on the ramp to see their charge safely arrive before ascending into the night.

A tall, slim lady called Naitiri enters the ballroom, passing her invitation to someone with a nod. She's borrowed her little sister's look for the evening - skin as swirling liquid metal, whisps of gold and platinum, with eyes that gleam like orange jewels. Nait's hair, while done short, glimmers with strands of gold or crimson, and it dances like fire whenever she turns her head.

Her clothes seem to be based around one idea - showing off those magnificent augments. The dress itself seems to be made of metal, and it's coiled steel skirt trails from her waist all the way to the ground behind her. Her midriff and shoulders are left bare, while her chest is covered by a three metal rings, none of which actually seem to touch her skin. They just hover around her body. Her glowspine - quite literally a bioluminescent spinal cord beneath the skin - is mounted with a metal component, and eight spindly mechanical arms make spidery patterns from her back. They don't seem to be motionless, however - they'll reach out and take drinks for her, move to avoid catching on other guests, things like that.

Nait does one final check of herself before entering the crowd. She has one goal in mind, to start with - greet the host, thank them for their hospitality, and perhaps discuss their future with Elexxion. Now if only she knew where to find the Matron or one of her representatives... All these drow look so much alike.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters