New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Exactly." Followed by a chuckle is Kirk's only reply to her whisper. He shifts hi attention away from her toward the other guests as well, especially Naitiri. He's a bit disappointed when he sees it's not Tina.

"Can't be satisfied with just me I see." He gives her a wry little smile. He'll guide the way toward some of the other guests. Lillanthil perhaps? Or maybe Shrike?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

[Xar'cha Palace]

Shrike could be interesting... but there's always the chance she might recognize Kirk's 'new friend' too. The drowess will let Kirk choose, as she's still deciding how to play an introduction when the time comes.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Yes mother, I understand..." Asim says, sighing. "I'm not a child anymore." He sighs, and walks towards the host of the party, waiting a respectful distance away,trying to catch Sornnolu's eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Oh, it's nothing," Dipsnig says in a light tone. "It's an honor to meet you, priestess. Congratulations on establishing this foothold in Inside."

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Falyn'wae waves a hand, dismissively. "It was no great feat for the drow, of course. This place, it was ripe for colonization and suits us well. Such a desolate place, it demanded rebuilding, the bringing of civilization." She seemed to be referring to the area od the red zone that was rebuilt, but it was possible she was speaking of the entire Nexus.

Sornnolu notices Asim and offers a polite nod, acknowledging him. With his companion engaged in conversation with Dipsnig, it left an opening for the drow trader to approach.

It also left opening for Nait to approach him, as he was still acting as a greeter and primary representative of his House on the surface. Although, there were other drow of House Xar'Cha about.

[Administrative Headquarters]

"I've had enough of this." The guard growls, reaching to grab Akoraun by the arm. If successful, she'll drag him bodily out of Delmah Phor and eject him with the warning "If you ever come back here again I will have you executed for espionage!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Oh right. I forgot Kirk hates Shrike's slut whore guts. Lillanthil it is! >.>

The drow makes his way toward her and gives her a charming smile. "I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Kirke Locke, lietenant of the Neutralist Organization." He gestures toward the drow on his arm. "My friend is..." He doesn't want Lilanthil to think that he's entirelyvspoken for, even though he's been claimed for the moment. Not knowing the drow woman's name yet himself sure helps with that.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-15 at 01:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Awww, Kirky, Shrike loves you too.

Spotting Kirk and his hanger-on, the redhead flashes a grin in their direction before heading over to sample the punch.

She fully expects it to be laced with a slow acting poison.

Yay for Exalted immunities!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Ugh. Mingling. Delisle hated this sort of thing. There was a reason her career path had been involved mostly in paperwork. She just simply wasn't good with people.

"Vyrn, who should we speak to first?"
    They both had gotten subvocal communicators implanted just behind the ear - easily removable after the event - to allow for just this sort of communication. "Probably not Ilpholin, after the events of the last council meeting." If she weren't thinking of the political aspects of everything, she probably would have chosen Ilpholin, simply because it was someone she'd conversed with before, however briefly.

((ooc: this post subject to DC-the-player approving the subvocal implants))
    "One moment, I believe that question has been answered for us."

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Tebtranlyn walked about the ballroom, watching everyone in suspicion and boredom. Partial-drow, goblins, humans, other sentient beings. It was almost enough to make Teb sick. Why were they being forced to mingle with such lesser beings. The only reason he could think of was to show off the Matron of House Xar'Cha to all.

In Teb's mind it was barely worth it.

But orders where orders so he walked up towards Delisle. "Greetings, I am Tebtranlyn Xar'Cha. Enjoying yourselves?"
    "Ah, of course. This is Acting Commander Delisle of Remnant, and I am Sanction Commander Vyrn Altaran, Crown Prince of the Altaran Dominion." Vyrn introduces himself and Delisle calmly. After all, the full titles there made enough of a statement.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

"It's a lovely event," Delisle says. Lying through her teeth, as she wants nothing more than to leave, but she's doing a good job of pretending to be delighted to be here. "The palace is quite beautiful. Vyrn, how does it compare to yours?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Shelob's Den: Earlier
    Spoiler
    Show

Alorhna returns the bow by inclining her head quite deeply, as owner of the establishment to an esteemed guest.
    "Please, sit," she says, lifting her free hand to the row of stools and then takes one herself. From the other side of the counter, the bar tender (in what could be considered a stunning act of familiarity) nods at Alorhna and pours her a flute of blackberry wine. Grasping the glass with three strong fingers by its delicate stem, the madam examines Amis with a scrutinizing gaze. Reaching up with one hand, she lightly adjusts the rim of her half-moon glasses to better view Amis over it. "So, Sir Amis, how goes your investigation? All positive, I hope?"
    [Shelob's Den: Earlier]

"So far, so good." Amis replies, craning his neck to look out over the dining floor before returning his gaze to the hostess and taking a seat. "Far nicer then the average dilettante in the street would lead you to think."He sips from his wine impassively, for a moment before continuing. "You've been doing good business I trust?"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace
    Oh look, a drow noblewoman. No idea if this will prove any better or worse than getting trapped in the hideous vacuum of Boss Bignose and Captain Not Very Pretty Either, but Magtok gives her a nod of acknowledgement anyways. Seems like everyone and their mother is trying to get something out of him tonight, whether it be a confession of goblin heritage, a business dealing, or some other third thing he can't even begin to imagine.

"And a pleasant one to you as well, ma'am."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The two goblins turn towards the newcomers as well, with a nod. Goldbaka appraises her with a shrewd eye, as if seeing through the drow's pretend politeness. She's as cunning as any drow matron.
    "Good evening."
    Her general just nods.

[Xar'Cha Palace, with Lord Magtok]

Inala mentally gives one point to Goldbaka, and reminds herself not to underestimate goblins in the future. They had been a part of this area far longer then she and it would be very unwise to antagonize them. She meets the female goblin's eye and manages to bow politely.

"Forgive my rudness please, but isn't that Lord Magtok?" She directs this question partially to the cyborg and partially to the goblin, trying to make it sound that she considers both equal of respect.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Falyn'wae waves a hand, dismissively. "It was no great feat for the drow, of course. This place, it was ripe for colonization and suits us well. Such a desolate place, it demanded rebuilding, the bringing of civilization." She seemed to be referring to the area od the red zone that was rebuilt, but it was possible she was speaking of the entire Nexus.

Sornnolu notices Asim and offers a polite nod, acknowledging him. With his companion engaged in conversation with Dipsnig, it left an opening for the drow trader to approach.

It also left opening for Nait to approach him, as he was still acting as a greeter and primary representative of his House on the surface. Although, there were other drow of House Xar'Cha about.

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Asim closes the distance between himself and Sorn and upon reaching the host of the party, bows.

"Thank-you for inviting myself and my family to this party. You honor us." Straightening back up, he smiles slightly. "It is good to see you again."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace, with Lord Magtok?

"Oooh! Where?"

Our cyborg looks over his shoulder, as if somehow unaware that he is, in fact, Lord Magtok. Silly tin man and his dumb jokes; will he ever give that stuff a rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

"Ah, of course. This is Acting Commander Delisle of Remnant, and I am Sanction Commander Vyrn Altaran, Crown Prince of the Altaran Dominion." Vyrn introduces himself and Delisle calmly. After all, the full titles there made enough of a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

"It's a lovely event," Delisle says. Lying through her teeth, as she wants nothing more than to leave, but she's doing a good job of pretending to be delighted to be here. "The palace is quite beautiful. Vyrn, how does it compare to yours?"

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Teb smiled slightly and sighed inwardly. Of course he had to pick two of the most important non-drow to talk to.

"Ah, representatives from Remnant, how delightful. Yes, the palace is quite beautiful. However, it pales in comparison to the structures we construct in the Underdark. Though it is somewhat easier to cultivate and tend the gardens up here than it is down there." The drow idly chatted with the two of them.
    Last edited by ApeofLight; 2012-09-11 at 08:37 PM.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace, with Lord Magtok]

Samona chuckles at Maggy's antics. At least one person finds him funny, or at least amusing. "You'll have to excuse him. He gets so excited at the idea of meeting someone he admires so much." She manages to keep a mostly straight face. That smile betrays her, though.

12. - Top - End - #162

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Charmed, I'm sure," the flowery drowess finishes for Kirk. Though her face is veiled, one can likely make out the friendly gleam of whitened teeth. She addresses Lilanthil, saying, "That's a lovely dress. Where did you get it?"

Meanwhile... at the Hall of Doom...

The representative from Elexxion approaches Sorn, but waits her turn before speaking. She's got a glass of dark wine in one hand, but this she passes off to the many-armed apparatus on her back. Naitiri bows, but more discreetly, because her hovering chest-piece doesn't hug the body as much as she'd like.

"I'd also like to thank you, if I'm not interrupting anything." She points at Sornnolu. "You must be the one who sent Elexxion our invitation. Sornnolu, I believe, was the name."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I've had enough of this." The guard growls, reaching to grab Akoraun by the arm. If successful, she'll drag him bodily out of Delmah Phor and eject him with the warning "If you ever come back here again I will have you executed for espionage!"
    No! Let me stay! I don't have a home! Akoraun tries to wriggle out of her grasp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias looks around for familiar faces and sadly finds few. Councilors, the head of AMEN, and... nope, that was it. He'd go introduce himself to some of the more important drow, but he has no clue who they are or what they would look like. So he just talks to Ori for now. Well, here we are. Very impressive place. Now we just need to figure out what we should... Where are your heels?
    "Why, Toby? Didn't you know? The . . . um . . . The Teleporters in HALO will only teleport good aligned beings, and as we all know, high-heels?

Completely. Totally. Irreparably evil."

Ori informs him, nodding once, while looking around at the faces.
    Nope! She recognizes no one. At all. This'll be a fun event.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

15. - Top - End - #165

Xar'Cha Palace

See, this is why we can't go anywhere nice.
    Tobias complains. What next? Scorn the caviar in favor of a crude sandwich? Reveal you don't know any ballroom dances? Punch out a diplomat instead of challenging them to a formal duel?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Didn't Ori meet Shrike at one point?
    Either way the curvaceous Exalted redhead is sipping the punch.
    And already looking rather bored.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #167

Xar'Cha Palace

See, this is why we can't go anywhere nice.
    Tobias complains. What next? Scorn the caviar in favor of a crude sandwich? Reveal you don't know any ballroom dances? Punch out a diplomat instead of challenging them to a formal duel?
    "Well, you know . . ."
    Ori agrees to them all with a shrug.
    "Sandwiches are more filling, how are you supposed to dance in a round room ANYWAY, and punching them out tends to not kill them."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Didn't Ori meet Shrike at one point?
    Either way the curvaceous Exalted redhead is sipping the punch.
    And already looking rather bored.
    At one point. Long, long ago.

Maybe.

She doesn't remember.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

18. - Top - End - #168

Xar'Cha Palace

You're a barbarian, that's what you are. The fox-eyed king shakes his head in disgust. I don't even know why I brought you here. You're just going to embarrass me in front of all the important people, aren't you?

19. - Top - End - #169

Xar'Cha Palace

You're a barbarian, that's what you are. The fox-eyed king shakes his head in disgust. I don't even know why I brought you here. You're just going to embarrass me in front of all the important people, aren't you?
    Ori nods, and replies with a very, very simple; "Mhmm."

But then has to point out, "Well, assuming we talk to any of the previously mentioned important people."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu smiles at Asim. "And you as well, my friend. It has been too long." The drow then turns his smile to Naitiri, with a nod of respect in response to her bow. "You interrupt nothing, my lady. I am pleased you could attend. May I say that is quite the fascinating device you are wearing?" He remarks, admiring the spindly spider like limbs that spread from the back of her dress. "Did you by chance design it yourself?"

If one was quick, they might spot a jealous glance from Felyn'wae. She knew too well Sorrnolo's fascination with strange devices. That this device came with a lovely woman did not help things in the slightest.

The guard tries to lift the boy off of the ground and simply carry him. "Why don't you ask Louv're to give you a home? You won't find one here."
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-09-11 at 11:22 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #171

Xar'Cha Palace

I'd certainly like to. We might as well introduce ourselves to somebody. Who do you want to go talk to? Tobias looks around again.

22. - Top - End - #172

Xar'Cha Palace

I'd certainly like to. We might as well introduce ourselves to somebody. Who do you want to go talk to? Tobias looks around again.
    "You think I know any of the random assorted fools and political people here?
    Well, same thing, coulda saved my breath.

I don't particularly care. Who do you want me to embarrass you in front of?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

[Xar'Cha Palace]

My lady. Naitiri liked that. So much more distinguished than a simple 'ma'am'. She doesn't catch Lady Felyn'wae's jealous glance, instead focused entirely on the drow nobleman. A hand is offered to him. "I did. It was a simple process for my engineers to synthesize the design, once I was certain." A sweet smile follows Naitiri's words. Oh, she has such things to show these people. The clawed, glowing limbs take their positions again, a daunting display. "I had hoped you would appreciate it."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace - Dipsnig]

"Red Zone has always been a little decrepit. I've never lived in Inside, myself, having come here before the city became what it is now, but a lot of goblins did. They've all moved to Underside now. So now I simply have a vested interest in the city as a Council member and the leader of an organization."

[Xar'Cha Palace - Goblins]

"Yes, it is," Goldbaka says with a smile. "If his appearance didn't give him away, his sense of humour certainly would," she comments.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-12 at 09:00 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I must wonder," Felyn'Wae remarks, "how one can rule a city without living within it?"

There was a slight hesitation before Sornnolu took her hand, though he does his best to cover it with charm. "They are lovely."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

The guard tries to lift the boy off of the ground and simply carry him. "Why don't you ask Louv're to give you a home? You won't find one here."
    Akoraun attempts to wriggle out her grasp and runs several feet away. I can't!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

27. - Top - End - #177

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I've brought some other things along. A few tokens of respect from the Consortium," Naitiri says. "Perhaps I can show you what we have to offer, once things settle down for the evening." She beams at Sornnolu. One of the mechanical arms lifts the wine glass to her lips, and she sips again before waving it away.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-12 at 10:49 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I must wonder," Felyn'Wae remarks, "how one can rule a city without living within it?"
    "I do not live there, but I do influence it. Neutralist Organization is one of the groups that have shaped the Nexus, and Inside, into what it is today," Dipsnig explains.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace, with Lord Magtok, goblins, and hangers on]

Inala chuckles slightly at the cyborg's humor. She had heard he acted the part of the fool very well. But it was an act, and one she couldn't let herself get fooled by.

"Well, my Lord. I was hoping to introduce myself. My name is Inala Aleth and I am the head of the Customs House here. I was hoping that at some point we could discuss a business proposal." She smiles politely at Goldbaka. "After you are finished of course ma'am."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace, with Sorn]

Asim steps back slightly, allowing the host of the party to play his role. As he does so, he notices the look of jealousy that flashes across Felyn'wae's face.

Interesting...is all well in the palace?

Asim turns fully to Felyn'wae as Sorn speaks to Naitiri and bows to her.

"And think you as well my lady for allowing me the privilege of being here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #180

[Palace Party!]

Zee and 'Mister G' are, for the most part, observing. That's a thing that Old Ones are pretty accustomed to doing. Observing mortals. Of course, given that the both of them are dead but dreaming whilst making their little puppets dance about it would probably be a decent idea to get a little more involved in the party.

"They really do trust you enough to knowingly invite you to this sort of thing?" the rather handsome looking fellow in the snappy dress suit inquires. "I must say your way with the flatlanders is fascinating, K'rax."

Zee purses her lips a bit. "Probably a good idea to use a more respectful term for them, given the setting."

Well. The pair sure do have the buffet table well guarded at the moment. Though neither of them seem terribly interested in eating anything.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.