New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Delmah Phor

Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias notices Mister G walking around and peering at everyone. And then he looks over at the entering Matron. It's always interesting to hear how people would like to be thought of. By the sound of it, this drow is a real piece of work.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Alorhna smiles slightly even as Ilpholin shakes her head. "A shame. We're up across from the Temple. Very hard to miss. You simply must come for one of our shows. Every other evening after the Priestess do their prayers. That's how dear Izz'dear and I met, actually."
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"I'm glad you remember me." Izzy is nothing if not memorable. He pops his hat back on his head. "You'd be hard pressed to find a place with better company in the entirety of the Enclave. So far in my experience that applies to the wider Nexus as well."

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias gives his wife a more stern look. I don't like politics either, Orianna, but insulting people we know nothing about is just a nasty thing to do. Angels should be more willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    "Fiiiiinefinefinefinefine. If I have to. I guess. I'll just insult them when it's not important."
    Ori replies with a grin, though she positions her elbow in a such a way that she could jab . . . something. Who knows what.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I'll have to look into it the next time I'm around then." Ilpholin says, momentarily distracted by the announcement. She sincerely hopes the only reason this Matron was invited was so that she could be publicly flayed and murdered. But she doubts it and decides to ignore it in favor of her current company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace - Goblins]

Goldbaka nods and she and her general turn back to Magtok. She was going to ask Magtok about his take on the party and their hosts, but now that one of said hosts is here...
    "As I was going to say, Underside Colony does have need for soldiers, unfortunately. Underside is full of dangerous creatures, so we need to keep them out. We've also heard of a slave-keeping temple somewhere in the tunnels. We're not sure if the rumors are true but if they are, we need to protect our people against them," General Ridgebank says.
    "I've heard similar rumors of such things on the surface. It's strange, you'd think slave temples would be all but annihilated by now, given the typical adventurer's distaste for them. I suppose you can rebuild fast when you don't have to pay your construction crew, though."

Magtok peers down thoughtfully into a glass which he totally didn't have a moment ago, frowning in contemplation. The truth is, he couldn't be made to care less about those temples. They've never bothered him, so he's never felt the need to act against them. He doesn't agree with what they do, but there's only so many enemies a Magtok can afford to simultaneously deal with at any one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interestingly, I've also heard these rumors, except in Riverside. If they're all true, this slavery problem is rather widespread." Samona adds. She doesn't seem all that concerned about it, though.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Xar'Cha Palace

Delisle hears the Matron being announced by the boy, and turns to face the palanquin, without a bow or curtsey of any sort.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #218

Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias smiles and tries to kiss his wife before resuming his search of someone to talk to.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

The assassin Teb stops and turns towards where the Matron of House Baenneld was being introduced. He bowed respectfully to the newly arrived Head of another house.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

Oh right. I forgot Kirk hates Shrike's slut whore guts. Lillanthil it is! >.>

The drow makes his way toward her and gives her a charming smile. "I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Kirke Locke, lietenant of the Neutralist Organization." He gestures toward the drow on his arm. "My friend is..." He doesn't want Lilanthil to think that he's entirelyvspoken for, even though he's been claimed for the moment. Not knowing the drow woman's name yet himself sure helps with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Charmed, I'm sure," the flowery drowess finishes for Kirk. Though her face is veiled, one can likely make out the friendly gleam of whitened teeth. She addresses Lilanthil, saying, "That's a lovely dress. Where did you get it?"

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Lillanthil." Says Lillanthil, giving her own charming smile. "Owner of Restaurante Enchante, in Inside. It's a pleasure to meet you both."
    She turns to random drow chick.
    "And if you'd like to know about my dress, it's a gift from a fabulous woman I know. Her rates are high, but well worth it. If you'd like, I could certainly put you in touch with her, Ms... uhm..."
    Did you think you could get away with not revealing your name? Did you? DID YOU!? WELL I'M ON TO YOU! Oh yess..... e_e
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-17 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"Ah, Restaurante Enchante. One of my personal favorites." Kirk says. When Lillanthil addresses his drow companion, Kirk has to stop himself from chuckling. It makes him wonder why exactly she wants to keep her name to herself. He's sure he doesn't know her. Well, at least mostly sure.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Ah, Restaurante Enchante. One of my personal favorites." Kirk says. When Lillanthil addresses his drow companion, Kirk has to stop himself from chuckling. It makes him wonder why exactly she wants to keep her name to herself. He's sure he doesn't know her. Well, at least mostly sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

"Lillanthil." Says Lillanthil, giving her own charming smile. "Owner of Restaurante Enchante, in Inside. It's a pleasure to meet you both."
    She turns to random drow chick.
    "And if you'd like to know about my dress, it's a gift from a fabulous woman I know. Her rates are high, but well worth it. If you'd like, I could certainly put you in touch with her, Ms... uhm..."
    Did you think you could get away with not revealing your name? Did you? DID YOU!? WELL I'M ON TO YOU! Oh yess..... e_e
    "Alexis!" The drowess chooses, grinning. She'd always liked the name. It'd do for now. "And I'd just love that. You look beautiful. What's her name?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-19 at 12:16 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Shelob's Den: Earlier]

Alorhna lifts one of her shoulders in a mild shrug, sipping from her blackberry wine. "It is difficult for an establishment such as this to cast aside the stigma attached to it. Our society is built on rumours and mistruths, Sir Amis. The best way to combat the rumours and mistruths is simply to run the best business I can." She smiles, looking at the spell-caster through her half-moon glasses. "So yes, I'm doing good business. For varying definitions of the word 'good,' I like to think."
    [Shelob's Den: Earlier]

Amis takes another, longer drink from his glass, his mind clearly elsewhere as he listens to Alorhna's explanation.

"That may be true, but it sometimes the lies and mistruths that keep us alive." As he says this, he seems to snap out of his reverie and smile slightly. "Forgive me. I tend to go off on tangents. What gave you the idea to start this club?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Xar'Cha Palace]

While Inala waits for the goblin to stop wasting everyone (especially her own); Asim looks over his shoulder and sees the sedan chair and realizes his position is rather precarious at the moment. He was the son of a minor house, with only a few tricks to keep him alive. Getting in the way of that Matron would be a very painful way to die. He bows quickly, excusing himself from the hostess and steps back to a safe distance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"Presumably, they manage to hide well enough for most people not to find them. We've considered an expedition against the temple in Underside, but we need more information for that."
    "They've been smart enough not to show their faces in Underside Colony, at least," the General adds. "If they had, they would have been shot on sight."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Naitiri's question is answered before Sornnolu can respond with the typically pompous announcement of a Matron. The mage bows low in respect as the Matron enters, and he sneaks a small, but approving nod to the boy who made the announcement. He had done his job well.

Felyn'wae bows as well, nearly as low as Sornnolu. Though female, she too was from a minor House. Her position in the church gave her power, but it was nothing compared to a full Matron.

[Administrative Headquarters - Front Steps]

The guard has managed to haul young Akoraun out of the Administrative building, earning herself no small amount of odd looks as they went through the hallways. Once outside, they will both spot the preparations for the grand gala that evening. Specifically, the one hundred and fifty drow soldiers gathered in the plaza between the Administrative building and the Palace. Each was fully armed and dressed in shining armor, assembling into ranks under the silent orders from their commanders.

"Damn it." The guard carrying Akoraun curses. "Now you've made me late!"

[Market Street]

Allowed entrance into Delmah Phor on her skin tone alone, Aly'ithra strolls through the South Gate and onto the bustling Market Street. She is enchanted by the sights and sounds, and the smells of all the food available.
    Last edited by Artemis97; 2012-09-19 at 12:05 PM.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground

Front Steps

Akoraun stares at the procession, danger momentarily forgotten. Wher're they going? Can I come?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

17. - Top - End - #227

Xar'Cha Palace - Entrance

Deeming the boy's introduction to be satisfactory, there's a small amount of sound as the matron stands in her sedan chair's enclosed space, pausing to add an air of tension to the moment.

And then a petite, delicate hand reaches out past the edge of the curtain, sweeping it aside to reveal a-

An impressively tiny drow girl in a floral patterned pink and white dress with what appear to be whole pixie skulls sewn along the hem. Her face is screwed up into what would be a severe, intimidating scowl were she in any way mature, but instead comes through as the petulant pout of a child who's been refused a second helping of sweets. All things considered, she looks hardly any older than the boy who announced her so nervously just a moment ago.

"My my, this is rather wonderful isn't it? And where is the guest of honor then? I should like to approach her." The tiny matron somehow manages an imperious tone, casting dark glances about the assembled crowd.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu straightens and steps forward, but keeps his eyes respectfully lowered. "Matron Baenneld, the Matron of House Xabaresh Chaeron has not yet made her appearance. I believe she is delaying that moment until all of the guests have arrived."

[Streets]

"No." The guard growls, pulling Akoraun down the diagonal street that led to the North Gate.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

The drow boy that announced the young matron's entrance is rather glad he didn't have to be the one to answer her question. He's just glad that Sorn seems to have approved of how he did. For now he'll remain standing where he is.

20. - Top - End - #230

Xar'Cha Palace

"Smart, I take it. Well then, I suppose I should wait for her with the rest of the guests then shouldn't I? What might your name be, so I can remember you to your Matron for your stunning hospitality." The tiny matron seems gracious enough despite her particular brand of boasting as she steps down from her massively oversized chair, waving for her bearers to move it away from the entrance so it's not blocking anything. Her small, flat black shoes click lightly on the flooring as she makes her way sedately to Sornnolu's position.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #231

Xar'Cha Palace

Tobias smiles and tries to kiss his wife before resuming his search of someone to talk to.
    "Yes, yes, Toby. Just try to distract me.

Soon as I see you scoping out any of the nice ladies here . . ."

Ori says, leaving the threat open-ended, as she follows him around to look for someone to annoy.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

22. - Top - End - #232

Xar'Cha Palace - Goblins

"Yes, well..."

Magtok glances elsewhere, and his eyes happen upon Dipsnig, presently yapping away with what he's mostly certain is a drow woman. You can never be too sure with elves though, can you?

"Hrm. Just to clarify and make sure we haven't been having this conversation for all the wrong reasons, you know that whole goblin ancestry thing is completely fictional, right? Because it is."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Samona resists the urge to laugh at that. It really is remarkable how many rumors surround Magtok. Or maybe not the amount, but just how outrageous each and every one of them is.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yes, yes, Toby. Just try to distract me.

Soon as I see you scoping out any of the nice ladies here . . ."

Ori says, leaving the threat open-ended, as she follows him around to look for someone to annoy.
    Xar'Cha Palace

Naitiri almost says something stupid like 'she's so small' or 'so young', but manages to hold her tongue. That really did come as a shock. She'd have to get the story on the foreign matron later. Nait turns, and seems to recognize Tobias as she does. "Oh. Hello there. Mister... Vulpan? Is that right?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-19 at 10:44 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #235

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Jane is a little surprised at the Matron being so young, but knows better than to speak of something like that. So she continues to walk around, looking at both guests and any guards that happen to be posted.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

"I am Sornnolu Xar'Cha." The drow says, bowing again, pushing aside his pride and forgiving the young Matron for not knowing who he was. He had only planned this entire venture practically by himself, though he had been forced to give credit to his elder sister. "I thank you for your kind words, Matron. Should you require anything from me, please do not hesitate to ask." It was the polite thing to say. A formality, really, but Sornnolu feared Matron Baenneld would take advantage of the offer in every possible way.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Teb decide that this was a good time to walk up to the newly arrived Matron Baenneld and Sornnolu. He bowed deeply first to the young Matron and then towards Sornnolu.

"Greetings Matron Baenneld an honor to meet you, I am Tebtranlyn Xar'Cha. Sorry to interrupt Sornnolu but you did ask for regular security reports. Luckily there is nothing major to report. There was one attempt by a citizen to enter the grounds but the guards caught him and he is currently be held for question. Beyond that security has had no problem. If I maybe of anymore service, to either of you." Teb told the group of important drow, bowing once more as he awaited their responses.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #238

Xar'Cha Palace

The matron manages to hide a brief scowl at being interrupted by turning it into a toothy smile that, despite her race and position, somehow manages to look endearing, "A very tight hold on security then? That's so very good to hear. If you could leave us for a moment that will be all I require of you." The small matron turns away from Teb and back to her current victim of conversation.

"So you're Sornnolu then? You've become such a male of infamy I'm surprised I did not know you on sight." The matron looks left and right, and then leans forward secretively, holding a hand up to the side of her mouth and stage-whispering, "Perhaps you could take a moment to point out anyone else of importance to this colony I may have missed the description of?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu turns away from Teb and behind his back his fingers flash in Drow Sign: 'What were you thinking?!' Towards the young Matron, he is all smiles. "My half-sister, the Lady Ilpholin, is over there." He gestures towards the draeglolth. "She was born of this world and was one of the first among us here, however, she does not take interest in our colony, and instead leads the organization known as AMEN. Beside me, here, is Lady Felyn'wae Auvryana, Priestess of Lolth." The lady bows her head respectfully when she is mentioned. Her House was a small, but ancient one. "With her is Asim Aleth, his House is running the Customs House here in Delmah Phor. His mother, Matron Inala Aleth is there." The mage gestures to the older Matron, and then to a drow dressed rather flamboyantly in the colors of House Xar'Cha. "And that is my cousin Izz'daer. He... I am honestly not certain what it is he does here." Sornnolu finishes with a bewildered sigh. Either his cousin was following his own agenda, working for someone else, or just enjoying the luxurious life as a son of one of the Great Houses. Whatever it was, Sorn surely did not know. "Others will be coming, of course, Illharess. I know that my aunts will be arriving with Matron Xar'Cha, and still more of my House and others have yet to arrive."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Palace]

Dipsnig gives Matron Baenneld a curt nod, preferring to stay in the background until the drow finish their introductions.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.