Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Kalahar, as the whole of this land is known as, was once home to great and powerful empires that spanned from West to East. Over two thousand years ago these great empires were destroyed by a world shaking cataclysm known as the Sundering. It is said the evil Prince Kalem, heir to the largest of these empires, did this to kill his father and usurp his throne. Some say he went mad from the dark magick he studied. But whatever the reason, the world as it was known to be was destroyed and only a relatively few mortals survived to rebuild civilization.

    After a thousand years of darkness and barbarism, the first Queen of Kalas was born. In her time Humans were nothing more than roving bands of nomads living off the corpse of empires that had long since vanished, but she had a vision to bring all the clans together. It took years and blood but, with the help of the Kobold master smiths, she eventually united the human clans and founded the now-great Empire of Kalas.

    Almost 400 years later, Kalas was attacked by all manner of dark creatures and foul beasts in a most sudden manner. It was said the Dread Prince Kalem was leading that evil tide, but whatever the truth may be, they were ultimately defeated. Standing armies were formed in order to protect the Empire, but protection eventually became repression.

    Over the past several hundred years, there have been many revolts and several open rebellions across Kalas. The Gaelin Republic was the oldest, and largest, of the nations to be forged out of these struggles. The Empire attempted to reassert their rule on them several times with no success. Nowadays there is a lasting peace between the nations on Kalahar, but times change as they always do.

    On the fringe of civilized lands there has been more reports of dark creatures comming out of the mountains and forets of the East, as well as the desert beyond them. Some even have said Prince Kalem has awoken once again to assert his control over all of Kalahar. Only time will tell if he will be able to do so. With luck the New Kingdoms shall stand firm, built on the ashes of the Empires of Old.

    ---

    The Empires of Old is a Pathfinder campaign set in the land of Kalahar, a world that was once host to a glorious Empire. Two thousand years have past since the breaking of the world in a cataclysmic event known as the Sundering and New Kingdoms prosper. There is a darkness, however, that threatens the whole of the land and it is up to the Players to find and stop it. Who knows what wonders they may find along the way, as Kalahar has many lost vaults of wealth and knowledge belonging to the Old Empires buried beneath the surface just waiting to be found. Will the Heroes be able to purge the land of Evil once and for all? Only time will tell…

    This campaign uses Obsidian Portal as a repository for information. Click here to be taken to the OP Campaign site.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 11:28 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    People come and go down the main road through the city of Lakemoor, the sun blazing down from its mid-day perch. The sounds of bird calls float along the cooling breezes that flow in from nearby Lake Serene. The sound of hammer striking anvil rings loud from Groxy's Smithy as various patrons visit the nearby shop, Lakemoor Trading Company. It's another warm summer day, just as the day before, and the day before that...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug kicks another pebble on the dirt road into the town, looking up he sighed in relief at the sight of civilization. He had acquired a mighty thirst and was looking forward to testing the local brew.

    His boots had almost been stained brown from the miles of mud and dirt he had trodged through, but he was sure he was heading in the right direction.

    With his Hammer strapped to his back and his buckler to his waist he looked the part of a dwarven warrior traveling through the countryside.

    His silver beard lockes swayed in the breeze as he moved through the towns gates, or what stood for them and eyed anything that looked like a tavern as his hammering hand fingered the coins he was going to drop on the ale.

    If only he could find it.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "An interesting place to see a Dwarf," a voice calls out from somewhere close by. A figure exits from what seems to be a gatehouse and walks over to Gandalug. He is a tall, fairly well-built human with short, rough-cut hair. His clothing is that of a guard or soldier; chain shirt over thick padding. His hand rests on the sword that rests on his side.

    "What brings you to Lakemoor, Master Dwarf?" the human asks, his voice showing curiosity rather than condemnation.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-24 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug smiles as the human guard walks up to him, it was obvious that he was doing his job and that made the dwarf feel good. Guards who didn't were much worse in his opinion.

    Turning to regard the man, and looking up slightly, something he had gotten used to having traveling this far into the human lands, he replies to the question.

    "Aye, well my feet are what brings me here, so to speak! Just traveling along the road, but right now I am looking for some good Ale, is there such a place that can quench my might thirst?"
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "Dwarven humor," the human says after a chuckle. "I was told I wouldn't understand it. I guess I do. So, you're looking for a place to drink, eh? Lakemoor has two taverns that might interest you. The Water Log is right past the blackmsith and offers some of the finest drinks in all of Gaelin. Since several trade routes pass through here, there's always a fine selection of ales, meads and wine. There's also Dockside Manners down by the docks, though I would only suggest there if you prefer your drinks watered down and enjoy mysterious itching after a nights sleep."

    The man scratches his chin as he thinks for a moment.

    "How about I show you to The Water Log? I've been wanting a drink all morning and I think it's quiet enough." the human leads the way down the road. "I hope you do not mind my asking, but what is your business here in Lakemoor?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug stops and thinks for a while, with his hand on his chin, stroking his silver hair vigorously.

    "Well then! Sounds like the Water Log is the right place, Show the way!" He takes off with the vigor of someone promised great riches. But then stops in his tracks again as the next question is answered.

    "What is my business in Lakemoor? Well then, That'b a great question, you know, I'm not to sure meself. Wast told to come here, that's all I know, Enjoyed the way here, a little different up on the surface, but I'm getting used to it methinks. Anywho, I was told and I came, good nuff for me. Let's go!" He slaps the man on the back and takes off.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    The Water Log looks as most of the other buildings do on the outside; firm stone foundations, timber framing complete with wattle and daup styled walls. As you enter, the smells of baked goods and the sound of music drifts towards you from the main common room. Small windows are spread randomly around the walls, though their infrequency and small size make the room rely on a great hearth at the end of the room for light. Stairs lead up from the main entrance to what would most likely be rooms to rent, while the entrance to the common room sat at the food of said stairs.

    The hearth lays at the far end of the room with a small fire already going. A small platform is setup nearby, a young lady with a small stringed instrument picking a slow and somber tune. In the back near the fire there was a closed door which could lead to private rooms or a private residence. There are many tables with benches in fairly neat order running longways down the room, though there are only about a half-dozen patrons quietly sipping from their cups.

    Most of the patrons seem uninteresting, mostly being farmers or craftsmen. The only notable exception being an interesting looking human female in the corner, her minimum amount of clothing standing in stark contast to the other, common folk.

    As you enter, the keeper of the establishment quietly guides you to a vacant table with a slight bow and smile.

    "What can I get for you, Master Dwarf?" the barkeep asks softly as the Guard sits across from you. "Oh, Lord Arentus! Forgive me, I did not see you come in. I'll get your private reserve right away!" The man scurries off with another bow.

    "Well, I guess you now know who I am," Arentus admits with a small grin.

    Spoiler
    Show

    DC Check: Knowledge - Local

    20+ - Gairy Arentus is the Lord Protector of Lakemoor, as well as other settlements including Fieldgate and Whisper-Willow.
    11-19 - Gairy Arentus is the Lord Protector of Lakemoor
    <10 - You do not know who this human is.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-28 at 12:21 PM. Reason: color change

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug accepts the escort to the table with a grumble, his grumbles started to grow as he saw the general disposition of the room. He eyes the scantily clad woman and growls some more.

    Sitting he looks to the bartender and is about to open his mouth when the news and realization that the guard who escorted him was, in fact, the Lord of the area.

    "...Well, I'll be a Gnomes uncle, I had no Idea, Lord he said...I apologize My lord, I was not aware of your station." He thinks for a second, "Will you Drink with me? my treat, and mayhap you can tell me why the Lord o the Land is standing guard duty?"

    Diplomacy - (1d20+6)[26]

    He doesn't wait for an answer and bellows to the fellow serving the drinks, "Ale my good man, two tankards of your finest Brew!" He looks to Lord Arentus "Ah my apologies! My name is Gandalug Silverhair, on account of my hair being silver! HAHA. I am a Paladin of Dumathoin and I'm looking to get right Drunk!"

    He stops for a second and looks ashamed, "Well,er...I mean if it pleases your Lordship."
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-08-28 at 02:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check - Passed
    Lord Arentus has shifted his attitude towards you from cordial to friendly.

    "Of course, Master Silverhair," Arentus smiles. "Do not trouble yourself or waste your coin; the drinks shall be paid for by me." He nods to the serving man as if to assure him of that fact. "I am not a fan of pomp and such and the duties of Lord Protector are quite clear; I like protecting my people where I can see them and be sure of their safety. That means I also double as Captain of the guard. I love my people and I love my land."

    "Before you drink too much, I hope we might speak on a matter that has recently come to my attention," the Lord Protector continues as the drinks are served, along with a small plate of a deep yellow cheese and crusty bread. The human eyes the cheese before continuing. "To be blunt, I need to hire a guard to lead a small caravan to one of my other holdings. I would spare my own guards but they are not professional soldiers and we need hands for the fields. There are rumors of bandits in the area and my hold urgently needs these supplies. For a modest sum, I would like you to lead this caravan to Fieldgate."

    Arentus takes a sip from his drink as he patiently awaits your reponse.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-28 at 03:40 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug sits for a moment and listens, he grabs the first drink and swigs it down as he does so. He sets the empty mug down with a grin and a twinkle in his eyes, "Bandits you say?" he says a little too excited.

    "Well Aye, I was feeling like I was led here and look at that! Seems I was right to heed it, tell me more of these Bandits, and ole Silverhair here will do his best to get the supplies through, but stay you gold good man, I have no need of it."
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "You are most noble, Master Dwarf, but I do feel that payment should be made in one form or another," Arentus insists. He motions for another ale to be brought over and thanked the keeper with a silver coin.

    "Indeed, bandits have been an ever-increasing plague in the Republic. They normally only strike a few times before being flushed out and defeated, but their tactics are getting much more refined. They must have a strong leader or the Dark Prince's own luck. They have not attacked my settlements, but we have not sent anything to Fieldgate this season and I fear they wait for us to do so." Arentus pauses for another drink. The lass playing on the stage pauses for a moment before resuming with a much more upbeat tune.

    "Ah, I love this one. Midnight on Lake Serene. Anyways, where was I...ah, yes! Caravan. Guide it down, ensure it gets there safely, then guide it back. To be honest, I do not think you will run into trouble but I like making sure. 25 pieces of gold to get the goods there and the animals back and another 25 gold to make sure the caravan driver remains alive. You may get a credit to the Lakemoor Trading Company in the amount of 20 gold since I have so much faith in you. Will you accept this, noble paladin?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    If you wish, you make attempt to intimidate for more reward as the cost of relationship. Further diplomacy checks will not yield more benefits.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-28 at 04:38 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Having finished his third beer, his silver hair around his mouth was becoming not so silver, he belched a loud belch and slammed the tankard on the table.

    "Well! I thank you for the drinks, Good Lord! Not the best, but definitely worth coming here to down a few, high praise I'll let you know! HAHA."

    "This sounds like a job I would gladly do, I will ensure the peoples safety as I do it, when would you like me to leave? I am thinking I would be mostly clear headed by morrows morn."
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "I am glad you enjoy the drinks. The ale is actually from Fieldgate and is much better when fresh. Tomorrow would be perfect to leave, Master Silverhair. I had considered hiring another newcomer to Lakemoor for this task and I think his skills would greatly benefit yours, in the event you run into trouble. The caravan should be ready to leave shortly after sunrise tomorrow and will gather at the city gates. I shall be there, as well as the Lakemoor Trading Company guide and Jarel...if he accepts. If there is nothing left, then I-" he was interrupted mid sentence as the less-than-fully clothed female leaned over the table.

    "I would like to join this caravan, my lords," her voice is dark and heavy, yet flows like honey.

    "My dear lady," Arentus replies as he gets to his feet. "The proposition was aimed at our Master Dwarf here. I am afraid this business has nothing to do with you, so please leave this matter to us."

    "And what if your group encounters magic against them? Will 'Master Dwarf' or the kobold be able to withstand such assault?" she presses on, a determined look on her face.

    "Circe, your persistence is admirable but I just don't like throwing you into danger." the Lord Protector returns, shaking his head. "I can see there is no winning this battle, and the added protection will be useful. Fine, you may join the caravan. The gates at dawn." Circe flashes a small smile towards both men before quickly walking out of the room and out the front door.

    "Petulant child, she will be the death of me," Arentus mutters before turning back to Gandalug. "So, tomorrow morning then?"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug watches in the interaction between the two humans, he was unsure what was going on but he welcomed help in all its forms.

    He raises an eyebrow at the woman and gestures for her to sit, but he was too late and she walks out. He hmmphs and looks to Lord Arentus, but seeing nothing is forthcoming he calls for some food and then asks the bartender where to find a good room for the night.

    Once situated he lies down and then sleeps through the night awakening before the dawn and praying to Dumathoin outside, with his feet in the dirt.

    Feeling better than he had for days he moves to the gate ready to go and get these supplies to the good folk of Fieldgate.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    The sun sits high enough in the sky to cast out the last of darkness as you approach the caravan. Arentus stands near the city gate, watching a small group of human and kobold laborers finish the last of the packing. A seperate, and better dressed, Kobold sits on the lead donkey. A small rope ladder hangs from the side of the donkey, explaining how he manages to use the animal. Circe sits cross-legged on the ground apart from the rest, face pointed towards the earth. Another figure, covered in a dark green cloak, stands to the rear of the donkey train. You figure him the other man that Arentus was considering hiring.

    Arentus notices your arrival and quickly walks over to you.

    "Good morning, Master Silverhair," his voice is cheerful. "Good weather this day; a good omen for travelling. As you can see, we are preparing the last of the caravan now. Master Kexel from the trading company is at the lead and will follow your orders. Mistress Circe will also follow, but I cannot say if she follows anyone's orders anymore. Master Jarel, whom you see at the rear, is a master woodsman and shall be a great asset on this trip."

    "The trip itself is only several days to the north-east, so you'll need to ford the river just outside of the city. The roads, though they be only dirt, are fairly abvious and should provide easy transit. Adon knows the way well in case you leave the trail. Should be good weather there and back." Arentus shifts his weight as he turns his head skyward.

    "The weather is fine; it is a good day to kill bandits," Circe comments as she walks by, heading towards the train.

    "There will be no trouble," the cloaked figured walks up to you and the Lord Protector. "Master Dwarf," he adds quietly with a nod. "I am Jarel and I shall be joining you with Circe. My bow as at your command."
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 05:56 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug nods to the Lord, "I don't think we'll have any problems Milord" he says, almost not wanting to talk and grumbling while he did.

    It was still early, and he was a dwarf after all.

    He nodded to Circe and then in turn to Jarel, "Alright then, If you could scout out ahead and we'll hold down the caravan propper I think that'll do just fine, lets get a move on!"

    He was craving a drink already and he instantly felt a little annoyed that he had accepted this task, he was still getting used to the whole "Do good" thing, it will come in time, he told himself.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    The morning begins to heat up as the caravan sets out from Lakemoor. Just outside the city sits a safe place to ford the river and, after a quick and safe crossing, the whole donkey train is well on the way to Fieldgate. River became farmland, farmland became plains and gentle hills and soon trees starting to become both larger and more plentiful.

    "Fieldgate through here," Kexel informs you as he checks the animal tethers, his voice slightly screeching like most Koolds. "We keep small horses tied so they no wander!"

    "They are called 'donkeys,' small dragon," a voice carries from the left. A figure steps out from behind the tree about 20 paces from the front of the train. "Greetings friends, you may call me Sel."
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 05:57 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug was enjoying the whole thing, he was enjoying the countryside and the slow plodding move. It wasn't as good as his caves, but then again, only his caves where like his caves.

    He shrugged the thought away, to truly embody his new calling he would have to start thinking like these surface dwellers, and that started with enjoying the small things. Not the dwarf things.

    Sighing he moved along with the caravan, watching the strange woman who demanded to come along.

    He winced as if his ears were going to bleed when the kobold started to talk, he had always been intrigued by the little beasties, and this one was like most, voice scratching down to his soul. His mouth opened to let some witty retort fly out, but was interrupted by another.

    Turning to see the stranger who had managed to avoid the detection of Jarel, Gandalug raised an eyebrow and called for the caravan to stop.

    "Greetings friend! I am called Gandalug, what brings you to our attention?"
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "Your caravan intrigues me," replies Sel. "I remember a fort-nite ago, Arentus was informed that any who pass through these woods must pay toll for 'protection.' I can see that his response was typical of most ex-military: send in the troops. I will give you an opportunity to keep your lives; everyone leave now and go back to Lakemoor. Tell them the Men of Misthaven own this forest, Fieldgate, and their precious caravan."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Men of Misthaven
    Skill Check - Knowledge: Local

    Sense Sel's Motive
    Skill Check - Sense Motive

    Is Sel alone?
    Skill Check - Perception
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 01:39 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug's mind was instantly reeling, thinking over things over and over again, it was obvious to him he was being threatened, the question was. Did the man have others in the area.

    Moist likely, or he wouldn't be so bold to confront them here. Alone.

    He wanted to intimidate the man, knock him down a few pegs, but he had civilians with him and their lives where his to protect. He must do what was needed and handle this as a man of honor.

    Without putting the others at risk.

    "Aye, the Lord mentioned something about that, but I was wanting to see it for meself." he steps forward, turning around he yells at the caravan "Turn around, now!" turning again back to the supposed bandit king, he smiles "We will leave you alone good sir, have a good day."

    Diplomacy - (1d20+6)[13]
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gandalug
    Skill Check: Diplomacy - Failed
    Sel does not seem inclined to allow you to leave with the caravan.


    "There are four other people nearby," Jarel states quietly, having walked over to Gandalug. "I fear they mean to take the caravan by force."

    "I see nothing. Does he not know it's a fool's errand to attack us? Thee against one would make this short and sweet." Circe mutters, looking around wildly.

    "I am afriad you misunderstand me, Dwarf," Sel takes a step towards you while raising his hand towards the caravan. "Your people need to leave the caravan, leaving its cargo to me. I have a dozen men at my call, hidden. Last chance: leave the caravan to me or perish."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive to Detect Sel's Bluff
    Opposed Check - Sense Motive against Sel's Bluff
    Bluff - (1d20+1)[6]
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 01:44 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gandalug
    Skill Check: Sense Motive - Passed
    It is obvious that Sel is lying about having a dozen men nearby.


    Sel stands there confident at first, but he could tell that his claims of having so many men were not believed at all. His face turns more grim as beads of sweat begin to form along his forehead despite the cool protection offered by the trees.

    "Bah, who am I kidding," he mutters, his cool disposition vanishing. "Attack these worthless guards!"

    As Sel shouts his command, several more men step out from behind the trees. Because of Jarel's warning, their appearance does not surprise you in the the least. Each of the new men are lightly armored in leather jerkins and hold a bow at the ready. Two of these bandits come out close to Sel while the final two reveal themselves about thirty feet from Circe on the right flank of the train.

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Order
    Sel - (1d20+3)[20]
    Gandalug - (1d20+1)[17]
    Jarel - (1d20+4)[15]
    1st Bandit near Circe - (1d20+2)[14]
    2nd Bandit near Sel - (1d20+2)[8]
    Circe - (1d20+2)[5]
    1st Bandit near Sel - (1d20+2)[4]
    2nd Bandit near Circe - (1d20+2)[4]


    Sel pulls his short-bow out, nocks an arrow, and fires at Gandalug.

    Attack Roll (1d20+4)[14] against AC 19.

    Sel misses and offers the gods a curse as the arrow hits a nearby tree.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 02:24 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug is furious at the mans audacity, he silently thanked Jarel for his sharp eyes as he reported the hidden men and felt the same urge to strike as Circe, he waited for the leader to finish talking, not wanting to put anyone in danger.

    But that turned out to be fruitless.

    Seeing the men jump from the tree lines and then Sel shoot an arrow at him, he barks out to Circe and Jarel before unhooking his Warhammer and charging towards Sel.

    "Jarel, Circe, stay together and work as a team, DO NOT split apart!"

    Move action: move to infront of Sel
    Free action: Draw weapon on the move
    Standard Action: Attack Sel
    Attack - (1d20+4)[22], crit confirm - (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[5]

    MAP
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-08-30 at 03:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug's warhammer makes a mighty cracking sound as it connects with Sel. While the man is still up, it is easy to see the damage and pain that has been done to him.

    ---

    "Can do," Jarel replies as he coolly strides through the donkey train to get himself between the bandits and Circe, drawing his own bow along the way. "The closer I get, the more this is going to hurt."

    Move Action - Move towards Circe
    Free Action - Draw bow on the move
    Standard Action - Ranged attack on Bandit (to the North, Bandit 1)
    Attack - (1d20+6)[26], Critical Confirm - (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[8]

    The arrow flies true, striking through the man's chest and quickly ending his life.

    ---

    The first bandit near Circe, alarmed at Jarel firing at him, turns his attention away from the Sorceress.

    Standard Action - Ranged attack on Jarel
    Attack - (1d20+2)[21], Critical Confirm - (1d20+2)[13]
    Damage - (1d6)[6]

    Though the man intended to attack the ranger, his own untimely death prevented any further action.

    ---

    The bandit on the other side of the tree from Sel takes a step out and fires at Gandalug.

    Move Action - Steps away from tree
    Standard Action - Ranged attack on Gandalug
    Attack - (1d20+2)[12], Critical Confirm - (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage - (1d6)[3]

    The bandit misses completely.

    ---

    Circe, quite displeased at having unwanted men approach her, readies a spell of Magic Missile and takes aim at the closest bandit.

    Standard Action - Ranged attack on remaining close Bandit.
    Attack - (1d20+2)[22]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[5]

    A small projectile materializes in Circe's hand and flies towards the closest bandit, striking him solidly. The man seems quite hurt, though manages to carry on.

    ---

    The bandit closest to Sel takes a step away from the tree for a better shot and fires on the Dwarf.

    Move Action - Steps away from tree
    Standard Action - Ranged attack on Gandalug
    Attack - (1d20+2)[4], Critical Confirm - (1d20+2)[4]
    Damage - (1d6)[4]

    The bandit misses completely.

    ---

    The bandit closest to Circe fires at her.

    Move Action - Steps away from tree
    Standard Action - Ranged attack on Circe
    Attack - (1d20+2)[6], Critical Confirm - (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage - (1d6)[2]

    The bandit misses completely.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 03:37 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    "Hah, four-way split!" Sel jests as his companion is killed, but it is obvious that he is worried about the battle; he is slightly losing despite having higher numbers.

    Because of his wounds, Sel attempts to pull himself away from Gandalug and get a better position from which to fire from. He knows that fighting the well-armored Dwarf would best him in any melee.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check to avoid Gandalug's attack of opportunity
    Opposed Check - Acrobatics against Gandalug's CMD
    Acrobatics - (1d20+3)[11]


    Skill Check: Acrobatics - Failed
    Sel attempts to disengage from Gandalug, but he just isn't quick enough.
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 04:25 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Having slammed his hammer into the mans back as he ran like a craven, he looked on and found his next target. keeping low and his hammer hand even lower he bought it up with the momentum of his movement, in hopes of bashing the man in the brains.

    Power attack for -1 to hit, +2 damage
    Attack - (1d20+3)[16], Attack - (1d20+3)[7]
    damage - (1d8+6)[14]

    He yells out to the others "Your leader is slain, give yourself up and no harm shall come to you!"

    MAP
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-08-30 at 04:42 PM.
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Within moments, your attacks have reduced two of the bandits into bloody piles of clothing and flesh; their leader, Sel, lies at the bottom of the pile leaving the rest of the bandits without direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attempt to influence the remaining men to surrender
    Skill Check - Diplomacy or Bluff

    Attempt to scare the remaining men into running away
    Skill Check - Intimidate or Bluff
    Last edited by guiltl3ss; 2012-08-30 at 04:43 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC) The Empires of Old [Pathfinder]

    Gandalug stops and rests his hammer on the ground, half leaning on the shaft, seeing the men left and their hesitance he attempts to draw them in.

    "Stop where ye are, I won't harm you, on my word. Run and you will be hunted down and hung, most like, I'm not sure what Lord Arentus does to outlaws, but if you give up, you'll have my protection."

    He waits for their replies and looks to Jeral and Circe, "Let them be, if they run shoot them down, if not, stand aside."

    Diplomacy - (1d20+6)[13]
    Spoiler: Extradimensional Spoiler
    Show

    My off days are Sun-Mon. Do not expect posts on these days

    *Going on VACATION from the 22nd - 5th*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •