New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

As the door opens behind him, Usabhar nods and says one last broad statement to Keltahkonkmet. "And may honor be with you my lord!" With that, the dwarf turns to the silver door that had appeared and steps through it. Wherever it may lead, Usabhar knows his goals now; all that matters is being able and how to accomplish them.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Portal Chamber:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spring removed from Korshim, surely enough, seems to be formed of adamantine. Inscribed within the coil, in miniscule letters, are ten words in draconic.

"You have surrounded yourself with the tools of your destruction."

Crossroads:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Passing back out through the silver door, Usabhar emerges right where he stood in the hallway. The silver door and the scales in the walls and floor, however, are gone. Also of particular note, Usabhar seems to be wearing a mantle of black dragon scales that drapes down over his shoulders and nearly reach the ground. The loud sounds of revelry can be heard all around you. Apparently, the feast has already begun.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

Portal Chamber
    Spoiler
    Show

Adamantium! Adamantium! Korshim had more control and awareness over his own body than even the most learned organics do, and his composition is almost exclusively brass. The remainder was mithril or steel. No adamantium. The fact that something had access to him and was able to replace one of his parts with an incompatible replacement yet still pass routine diagnostics was remarkable. And Horrifying. Absolutely horrifying. And as far as Korshim knew, there aren't many artificers with the skill or ability to pull that off, and even fewer whom Korshim trusted to his maintenance. In fact there are only two: Himself and the Prince. What happened is either some bizzare sorcery...or the Gatekeeper is not to be trusted. But he wouldn't. Prince Zurkar doesn't want to rule, and only accepted the position of Governor over the Portal Chamber because he'd be redunant. The Gatekeeper wouldn't betray his father, would he?

The miniature factory inside the Clockwork Dragon takes a piece of his surplus brass and manufactures a replacement spring. Out of the proper material. It is then put in to replace its Adamantium invader.

The Gatekeeper himself appears more than a little distressed. Korshim doesn't usually act this way unless something is seriously up. Korshim talk to me! What's going on?!
    Korshim doesn't want to disobey orders from his creator, and it hurts that he has to withhold information, but the Prince's programming didn't anticipate conflicting orders from the Prince and the High Lord, so he had to make the decision himself.

Right now though he seems more intent on thinking about what has the High Lord surrounded himself with in the last one hundred years that will be his undoing. Golems are an obvious choice but are too few and are vulnerable to the High Lord's high magics. Maybe...In the previous 100 years the Empire began expanding into other worlds.

Spoiler
    Show

Korshim: Intelligence Check
    (1d20+9)[22]
    Knowledge (History)
    (1d20+46)[50]

Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #364

SwashbucklerGuy

Appearing back in the hallway of his kingdom, Usabhar glaces in simple wonder at his new mantle. It's black scales matches his scalemail legging armor and helmet beautifully. To him, it is like a sign of the trust his god has placed into the paragon and the dwarf will keep it on so long as he still walks the mortal plane. Though a great deal of responsibility is place on Usabhar, he feels no pressure from it; between battling armies and organizing his kingdom, the dwarf has learned pressure to be something you cope with until you no longer recognize it being there.

The sounds of loud, boisterous revelry puts a small, yet broad smile on Usabhar's face. Though he had talked with Keltahkonkmet longer than time would allow for his other duties, the dwarf had arrived back just as things got underway. Without needing to say a word, Usabhar makes his way to the feast hall where both dwarf and frost giant should be celebrating for their glorious victory in battle the previous day.

One way, somehow, Usabhar will explain to Sargti about his meeting with their god. It is a sign that should not be left unheard to the dwarves after all.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

After that cruel display of a warning system, Rahja examines her surroundings. "Divinations on the wires, protective spells on the sphere and a mixture of abjurations and necromancy around every prisoner. A quick guess would be that the former keep the prisoners alive and strengthen the wires holding them while the latter robs them of the ability to free themselves and makes them scream when intruders are detected." Turning to Celestica, Rahja thinks the idea through with the knowledge gained.

"I am not sure if the wires or what they are connected to are the source of the spells or if the wires would unravel if when we cut them. If the prisoners truly have been drained to the point of motionlessness and the wires fell apart, they might just fall to their deaths." A quick glance to the hatch. "There are sixteen individuals below, one of them could be their leader. Let us concentrate on convincing him to agree to the annexation and I am sure we can persuade him to safely let go every single one of them."

6. - Top - End - #366

Although this is the Grand Imperion, and such a display is not beneath them, I suspect there is a rhyme or reason for their incarceration. At the very least, let them tell the High Lord how to do have it replicated.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Then our next step is to go through the hatch, I'll open it
    However, before she does so, she looks at Lord Wero.
    We've had discussions on the severity of your punishments before, and we will again. But even this goes beyond your level of cruelty. We're out to end this one, not to have you create another one. And even if they were guilty of crimes, this eternal punishment is too much.
    She turns to study the hatch to see how to open it.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-11-16 at 04:17 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #368

One of my higher goals has always been discovering a proper punishment for treason. Anyone listening can tell he sounds exited. And although it looks promising I won't count coins that aren't yet earned. All we know is the enchantments and make guesses as to their purpose based on our limited knowledge. If you seek to free them, you may, but I will bring the knowledge of this...device to the Empire. For better or for worse.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Grand Emperion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The interior of the chamber is a vast room, the walls of which are covered in arcane sigils that shift from moment to moment, apparently keeping track of of something through the wires. At the base of the room rests a round table, around which sixteen individuals are seated. Unexpectedly, however, all 16 individuals appear to be the exact same person, a large and bearded human wearing a pair of half-moon spectacles and a suit of decorated armor. Some of them are in various poses of surrender, resting their heads against the table or hiding their heads in their hands. Others respond to your presence in fear, standing up and moving back. None of them look eager to see you.

Those with True Seeing
    Spoiler
    Show
    All 16 of those assembled appear, in truth, to be mere doppelgangers, albeit ones nearly a foot taller than average and possessing skin a deeper shade of gray.

The Portal Chamber:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as Korshim is cognizant, the warning could refer to almost anything. Golems were apparently at risk but this only showed that the portal chamber (and perhaps Emanical if something happened to you there) were compromised. Accepting this compromised security, just about anything from fleshy double-crossers to hidden explosive runes to cursed hoards to just about anything else is opened as a possibility.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearing before his people, Usabhar can see that the feast is well under way. Dwarves and giants feast upon great hunks of black, roasted meat and drink of mead. the council sit at their appointed table near visitors (including humans presumably from the haven and what looks to be a winged war troll). The rest of the hall is filled with dancing, wrestling, and other forms of merriment.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

10. - Top - End - #370

((Lord Wero still has True Seeing active from eariler))

After arriving in the chamber, Lord Wero appears very much bemused by this treachery, being able to see right through the illusion. Okay, I really don't have time for this. Tell me where the REAL leader of the Grand Imperion is or I will vaporize you all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check
    (1d20+65)[68]

Portal Chamber
    Spoiler
    Show

Korshim finally is able to process a response. He turns to the Prince.
    We've been breached.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-11-16 at 09:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371

SwashbucklerGuy

Arriving to the feast, Usabhar hails the dwarves and giants as he reaches for a mug of mead and a giant piece of the black, roasted meat to eat. Though small in size compared to other races like humans and orcs, Usabhar eats food like he's always hungry; he could eat anything so long as it doesn't try to kill him from the inside. However a lack of need to eat meant that Usabhar only eats for feasts such as this. To him it is always best to conserve until absolutely required, one of the many differences in terms of ideology between the dwarves and the giants due to their respective gods.

Usabhar walks over to the council table, waiting for a pause before speaking to the rest of the council first. "Forgiveness for my absence. An event I had not expected came up and I am in need of discussing it with you all later." His tone is polite and rather courteous. That kind of tone is one he uses when speaking with or to guests at his kingdom. Most other times in feasts Usabhar is among the most boisterous of beings anyone could find in Wesslorne. Usabhar turns to speak to the guests as he goes to take his seat at the table. "It is good to finally meet you. I am Usabhar Sigurhavok, paragon to the dwarves of Sargti. Our greatest thanks for your warnings before the great battle."

Usabhar takes a look at the guests. The humans were of what Usabhar had expected, but the winged war troll is almost fascinating. The dwarf had heard of such creatures; already-brutal trolls bred and trained past their limits for the sake of battle. Their might is a grave sight to their foes and their ability to survive injury is seemingly limitless. Whether this is correct or not though, Usabhar doesn't know; all he's heard about are just rumors. He will be glad if he can confirm that later, but for now is the time for discussion and feast. The paragon speaks up again to the guests "I have been told you came from 'haven.' Would this happen to be the haven an aasimar known as Rahja is connected with?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-17 at 11:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica says nothing to Lord Wero's threat against the imitators, his way is probably best in dealing with these minor distractions. However, she does hope he will let Rahja do what she does best when they meet with the real leaders.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja exhales quietly at hearing the threat. What's done is done, roll with it. Looking at the strange doppelgänger present, Rahja checks for further deceptions and tries to gain more insights into their intentions and thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive, take 10 for 157 to detect lies as well as read their surface thoughts. Will DC 40 to resist, if I remember correctly (10 + 1/2 level + Wis modifier).

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion's Core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the doppelgangers, after a short lull, finally speaks up. "If, by our leader, you refer to the despot whose face we wear, he died nearly a year ago at an assassin's blade. One of your sleepers, we've always suspected. I hope you understand that the assassin couldn't be allowed to leave in one piece. If you're looking for the current ruler of this world, however, you're looking at them."

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doppelgangers seem to be telling the truth.

Portal Chamber:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm just kind of assuming that you are waiting for the Imperion thing to blow over before continuing here as you are in the midst of a conversation between two of your guys.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dwarves clang their mugs together and rattle their blades along the outer shell of Sargti as Usabhar descends to join them. Others fight for the honor of providing you with libations as thunder of giant steps outside signal the start of one of the few ritualistic dances the frost giants have been known to perform. The humans from haven bow down in respect as the war troll raises its mug in salute in response to Usabhar's approach. In response to Usabhar's questions, the humans bow once again. "Yes, good paragon. She is our founder and our leader... and our friend. For a couple of us, a savior from the lives we once lived."

15. - Top - End - #375

Portal Chamber
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Pretty much, yeah. Waiting on Lord Wero))

Lord Wero can sense they are telling the truth, but he feels a sense of deja-vu with the mention of the assassin. However, the fact that there is a council of rulers makes things at least somewhat easier from a gubernatorial perspective.

If this is true then listen to what I have to propose: The Grand Imperion's complete annexation into the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, effective as soon as possible. You will be expected to faithfully abide by the Lord's Law beyond such a time we mutually will agree upon as necessary to provide a smooth transition from Imperion rule to Eclipsian Rule.
    He places the revised copy of the Lord's Law on the table.

I would enourage you all to review it. As there are multiple of you, I will be happy to provide additional copies. As part of your annexation, you will be granted the title of Governorship, the details of which are covered in Chapter 1 Section 7. In simplified terms, you will continue to run this planet in feality to me within your discretion, so long as my laws are enforced. As the Imperion is vulnerable to attack at this present time, Eclipsian warriors will be stationed here to provide security. All I ask is that you swear oaths of loyalty to me. To ensure My Law is properly executed I encourage at least some of you to travel to my homeworld to study Eclipsian law for a few years that will be inside the transitional period.

Should you decline, hostilities between the Empire and the Imperion will continue unabated. You should be advised that I have foreign intelligence that tells me this world will come under attack by at least one other nation that was able to withstand the Incursions. Even if all Eclipsian forces withdraw, the Imperion will fall, there is no question about it. The question is whether or not you are willing to do what it takes to protect your people and yourselves from any further harm, and to guarantee your world's long-term security and prosperity.

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero asks for their unconditional surrender and annexation into the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, inticing them with Governorship.
    Diplomancy (1d20+55)[68]

16. - Top - End - #376

SwashbucklerGuy

Nodding to the humans, Usabhar's face poises with fascination as his guests speak of Rahja. He had not presumed that the aasimar is the haven's leader or saviour, though he should have at least guessed. With a respectful nod and a raise of his mug, the dwarf responds to the guests with stoic interest. "She does well on the field of battle, though I sometimes question her safety. In the wars I have fought, only the mightiest of warriors manage to stand at the end of battle. Our land of Kulomen is a death world in comparison to many other lands; Sargti stands due to our strength, battle prowess, and will to fight to the end."

He pauses as he realizes he had gone off on a bit of a monologue. He looks to the other members of the council for a moment, clears his throat, then tries to summarize the rest of his speech. "What I say is that myself often sees other warriors that are not our own weak. The standards we have set are very high and few I have met truly have reached them on a civilization-wide scale." He looks to the war troll again as he speaks to the guest, "I have had worries of the haven being in dire siege by the assaulting skies; Sargti was not the only world attacked. However from what I know, the haven handled itself rather well. Judging from yourself, I can guess the haven is a fiercely guarded world. Tell me my guests, what names do you go by?"

Finally finished, Usabhar continues to dig down into the black meat as he does his best not to be distracted by the ritualistic dance the frost giants begin to perform. At this time the haven interests the paragon more; with what all that has happened, he has the feeling that he will be seeing Rahja a lot more often than simply later in the day after this feast.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-20 at 02:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Grand Imperion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the first time in memory, Wero's list of demands is actually interrupted by one of the doppelgangers, "Agreed," it says, following a few seconds later with "to all conditions" Despite the speed of this decision, however, none of them seem particularly interested in stopping the annexation. If nothing else, the Doppelgangers are pragmatic. The most aggressive action that any of them take is a single whisper from one to the next, gently pointing in your general direction.

Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The whisperer, unlike the others focusing on Wero or trying to ignore the situation, has been fixated on you since the moment you entered the room. You could possibly be wrong but you're pretty sure that it's pointing right at you.

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In spite of having lost control of a world in all of 10 seconds, the doppelgangers truly don't seem bothered at all by the change in management. As long as they can keep their cushy lives (which would seem to be the case), they are content. The only one of them that seems even slightly alarmed has taken note of Celestica and is positive that it's seen her somewhere, something that it is trying to communicate to its kin.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The half-dozen humans introduce themselves as Orrin, Calmor, Konner, Gerrond, Tempo, and Hersk before Orrin continues speaking. "We are specialized in the arts of healing, noble dwarf. Whether people or communities, we of the Haven seek to find what is broken and in pain and help however we can. When Lady Rahja informed us that the rifts could be healed, we were more than equipped to tackle those we could reach. We owe our lives to your soldiers today, and for this we are in your debt."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica is pretty sure she has never dealt with a doppleganger before, but she has heard of their deceitful ways. She looks straight in the face at the one pointing at her.

Do I know you from somewhere?
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-11-20 at 03:38 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja has not much sympathy for the doppelgänger, but the invasion has been stopped and the annexation will happen peacefully and that is what counts. Still, the whispering and pointing does not go by unnoticed, retaining her open stance as Celestica speaks, examining the one she speaks to.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja's voice softly speaks to her soulmate's mind. "That one is very sure he has met you before, likely while he wore a different skin. And it seems you have left enough of an impression to cause some amount of alarm."

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Sense Motive to detect lies and read that particular doppelgänger's surface thoughts.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-11-20 at 04:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods yet again as he finishes mug of mead, planning on finishing his meat next. "Rahja is a healer unmatched in the art of it as I am in combat. You should be honored to personally know her." The dwarf takes a pause to look to the frost giants, another question coming to mind as he looks back to the guests. Calmly he asks, "Have any of you had the chance to meet the frost giant chieftain of Il'Kanaen yet? I had expected him to be here for the feast." Usabhar eyes the room in case he can see the chieftain. It had been a small time since they had last met and the dwarf didn't imagine that the frost giant would pass up on a celebration after such a battle against the skies.

A small time later, Usabhar asks another question to his guests. "You also say that you seek to find what that is broken and help how you can. This is not a request nor an order, but do any of you plan on searching the rest of Wesslorne? We have not been contacted by our azer or human trade allies since the skies ripped open with our enemies. If you have intentions on searching out to or past Kulomen, will you be fine by yourselves?" The paragon narrows his eyes at the guests, seeing if he can get some sort of measure of their battle strength. While the guests do have a war troll among them for a guardian, Usabhar clearly doubts that it might be enough to explore outside of Sargti.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any sort of roll I can make to make an assessment on the guests of their battle prowess/strength?
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-20 at 05:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Lord Wero barely has time to register the agreement. His mind already coordinating his body to act against this insulting gesture. From within the robes, an incredibly sharp blade of dark metal slides out, moving from the High Lord into the mouth of the fool who, in its hubris, thought it was a good idea to interrupt the High Lord, all in one impossibly seamless motion.
    Lord Wero's only reaction to this is to make a quick plea. Please don't interrupt me when i'm talking.

He then pulls the blade out, holding it at its side.
    As I ways saying before I was so rudely interrupted... And Lord Wero fishes his list of conditions, eventually registering that they agreed.
    Now then, as I have said I encourage you to review my Law. Send channels to your remaining forces and your populations that you all are now under my rule, and I shall do likewise to my forces. I will set the transitional period for...17 years, though if you think you need more time feel free to ask.

One more thing: The days of the Imperion as a Pirate-World, plundering whatever world they come to, that ends today.

Of course Lord Wero thinks this is too easy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive
    (1d20+43)[54]

And Attack/Damage roll using Diamond Nightmare Blade maneuver
    [roll]1d20+48
    Conc (Autohypnosis) check vs Doppelganger AC
    (1d20+56)[70]
    Damage
    (1d10+28)[31] x4 damage on autohypnosis success
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-11-20 at 06:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

And attack roll again because derp
    (1d20+48)[65]

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dopplegangers are completely unknown in Crystalia, its not an area they care for and elves are not easily fooled by their power. Its quite possible that I met one in the rest of my travels and didnt know it, but I cant see how that would cause a negative reaction. Still, its hard to say with those deceitful beings.

Outwardly, Celestica maintains what appears to be a calm and relaxed posture, but she is ready for action at a moments notice. She makes a motion, encouraging the High Lord to stay his weapon.

Im glad we've come to an agreement so quickly. It will avert a lot of unneccesary bloodshed, especially in these unsettled times.
    She continues to watch the one who was pointing at her, but for now, doesnt challenge him again.
    I would like to ask you if there have been any unusual happenings in your world over the past few days. Specifically, the event I am looking for is cracks appearing in the sky and strange beings falling out of them.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion Core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the sword slid down the throat of one of their fellows, the doppelgangers finally seem shaken, though no less willing to agree to the Wero's terms as far as he can tell. A couple of them even track down pieces of parchment on the table and write up short notes. The whispers pass along the table, however, and the doppelgangers, in short order, seem to almost forget about Wero's existence (even the one still coughing out blood, though the wound seems to be slowly fusing itself shut), turning to Celestica as she asks her question.

"Cracks?"
    asks one of the doppelgangers, "Yes, we have seen them. The monsters took out out most of our defenses. Without those cracks, you probably wouldn't be here right now."

With a jerky movement one could describe as almost a twitch, the doppelganger turns to face Wero while bowing down its head. "Of course, we do not begrudge our new lord his conquest or dare attribute his success to chance. The cracks, if we understand, appeared in the empire as as well." A few seconds later, another doppelganger lazily chimes in, "I for one look forward to learning our new legal code while passing down judgement on our former scouts."

Twitching back towards Celestica, a third doppelganger (who first noticed Celestica), coolly responds, "I assure you, we have never met"

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mind of doppelgangers are exceptionally unpleasant and trying to account for their naturally labyrinthine psychology is a tricky task, though one you manage without much effort.

Focusing in on the doppelganger you first caught whispering, a surprisingly wide array of emotions are playing behind its apparently cool face. Despite clearly remembering Celestica from somewhere, he seems quite confused and excited by the prospect of actually seeing her. As the whispers pass around, you can threat a constant stream of plotting behind their placid faces, considering every way in which they might separate her from the rest of you or convince her to... it's a bit vague. They either want her to meet someone or go somewhere. Caught a bit off-guard, they are trying to inspire curiosity in the elf for the moment, though they are ready to deny everything if they are confronted on their manner directly.

Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as you can tell, the doppelgangers truly and honestly don't care whether someone is ruling over them or not. You've seen a couple of governors before that gladly joined so long as they were allowed to continue their lives of decadence and debauchery (within the limits of your laws, of course) and these doppelgangers seem to be that sort. To their credit, the doppelgangers have been trying to looking over for you as if searching for some obvious exploitable weakness but they quickly seem to accept the fact that you wouldn't possess a world-spanning empire if it was really that easy. Somewhat oddly, none of them has even attempted to read your mind since you entered the room. Also, most doppelgangers don't heal as quickly as the one whose throat you stabbed.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The human called Tempo speaks up, "Yeah, we met him. A rather boisterous fellow, that giant. Travelled outside shortly before you arrived I believe."

(If you want to determine the combat prowess of others, that's a sense motive check).

25. - Top - End - #385

Also that was intended to be a killshot. It's extremely unlikely anything could have survived that strike. And Doppelgangers don't have regeneration. At the very least this should be an easy transition.
    Very good. Now then, before I go I must inquire as to the people imprisoned around this sphere. Tell me of them, and the technomancy employed with them.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course, I would also like to know how to free them safely," Rahja adds.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    "For what it is worth, he clearly remembers you from somewhere and feels quite confused and excited to meet you in person. They are plotting how to seperate you from me... from us or convince you to go somewhere or meet someone. Right now, they are targetting solely your curiosity and will deny everything if confronted about it. I don't like this one bit."

Spoiler
    Show
    As before, Rahja keeps monitoring the doppelgänger. If a bluff check is needed at some point to hide that she does so, take 10 on that as well, for 157.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-11-22 at 06:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja only (and RoC, of course)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then let me see if I can get him to overplay his hand. He wants my attention, he'll have to do more to get it

Celestica seems to completely lose interest in the room, or the doppleganger who had responded to her. She doesnt even seem interested in Lord Wero's negotiation. Not even bothering to look at the dopplegangers, she unslings her lute, and begins to fiddle with the strings, tuning it and humming to herself as she does so.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #388

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods his head quietly to Tempo. A curious thought in his head comes out from Usabhar's words. "Outside? I had not figured he would leave so soon. Did he state where he was going or the direction he was going to?" The dwarf began wondering why the giant left. He knew the frost giants still worshiped Kors'dug'haem; the paragon and his dwarves chose to let the giants keep their culture instead of assimilating them into Sargti. If Keltahkonkmet had called upon Sargti's paragon for the coming time of need, Usabhar is willing to bet an ocean of mead that Kors'dug'haem may have done something similar. That god wasn't one to laze about either from what Usabhar recalls.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion Core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The traitors?" one of the doppelganger asks, "We have simply enchanted the spiked embedded in their neck, binding them to an alarm effect through sharp bouts of pain derived from vampiric touches. As a benefit of this necromantic effect, this pain actually feeds and sustains the targets."

Another one speaks out shortly afterwards, "Removing the implants is as simple at applying force, though it requires a practiced hand to avoid causing internal damage. A regenerate spell should patch up the rest, such as any limbs we might have amputated."

A third one, playing at a a small smile as it looks at Rahja, shortly adds, "and it causes a good deal of pain to remove the implants so that our subjects stop wriggling themselves to death. It may be best to knock them out or dull the pain before you do anything to them... if their comfort is such great concern to you."

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The few of them actively keeping an eye on Celestica have their faces darken a bit as all of them scramble for some other course of action. Unable or unwilling to communicate to each other mentally, however, they generally decide to hold a meeting later on and decide how best to proceed with this meeting. A couple of them already have loose plans (digging up blackmail material and offering to cover it up, requesting that Celestica serve as a liaison to the empire during the transitionary period, or sending her a letter inviting her back under false pretenses) while a few are starting to second-guess catching her alone at all.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tempo nods with a smile on his face. "I believe he is right outside dancing right now."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-11-24 at 02:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja could have figured the process out herself, but asking was quicker, after all. Actually, she smiles a little, relieved to hear that amateurs set up the imprisonment method and that none of the wounds will be difficult to fix. "The straight-forward nature of the contraption certainly makes this much easier." Though having just been classified as small fish who don't really know what they are doing, it is hard not to be smitten with the aasimar's beauty and voice, even despite her pretty much being the enemy, some goody-two-shoes worried about some random strangers. While they failed miserably at inspiring curiosity in Celestica, Rahja's presence finds its way into their minds, making them wonder about her, how it would be like to get to know her better, to be in her good graces, to hear more of her lovely voice and gaze upon her celestial beauty longer.

In Rahja's presence, the one doppelgänger gloating about the prisoners' pain upon removing the spike is forced to realize his wrong behavior, remorse shaking his body.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica can practically feel Rahja's warm smile, pleased to report the results of her soulmate's actions. "They are scrambling to set up a meeting to discuss plans. Some ideas include digging up blackmail material about you and offering to clear it, requesting you being a liaison to the Empire during the transition period and sending a letter to lure you back under false pretenses. Some are doubting they would be successful at all."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I have mentioned it once or twice, but in a way, I consider Rahja kind of like a good, pure counterpart to succubi or erinyes. Instead of worming into others' minds to lead them astray, she makes the option of following the path of good a seductive thought, planting a seed within an evil mind (and thus leading them astray in a different way).

So here are the roll results for that little mindbending:
    Diplomacy 147 (removed 10 to make it a standard action) to improve the doppelgänger attitudes towards Rahja by three steps.
    Intimidate 157 to demoralize against the last doppelgänger who spoke.
    Bluff 157 to disguise the intimidation from everyone, even the subject.

edit: Also, keeping the Sense Motive going.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-11-24 at 11:05 AM.