New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

@Rahja, RoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, then lets see if we can ramp up their urgency just a little.

Celestica turns to Lord Wero.
    Are we almost done here? Im kind of anxious to leave, and no offense, but I dont see that there is anything here that could ever bring me back.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods once more as he thinks to himself on his hasty assumptions he made on the frost giant chieftain earlier. Though the chieftain may have lost to Sargti, he is still well renowned for his martial prowess and courage, among other traits. Whether it is enough for the frost giant to be placed among Onzheim after his death or not is uncertain to the dwarf, but the chieftain does strive to be welcomed there and Usabhar admires the chieftain's willingness to prove himself. For Usabhar the question is less "how to get to the top" and more "what to do and organize once at the top." The ability to strive to be better has been lost to Usabhar. Instead he looks to those who he can improve to be better. It's a humble interest that Usabhar knows some people might not agree with, but in his own mind he considers it the "right" way to live; nothing he can think of will change that.

Lifting a small smile on his face, Usabhar stands to shake the hands of each guest. The cold, stone texture of his body may feel uncomfortable to some of the guests, but his kind tone hidden under his usual grim and stoic look indicates no sense of harm meant. "Then I do hope you will be able to stay for the night. The Kulomen is less active of undead during the day and we shall prepare our guest rooms for you." He looks to the war troll again, "My apologies to you though; your room is prepared but we do not have a bed great enough for your size. The council hopes this will not be too great an inconvenience."

Upon getting his responses, Usabhar quickly looks to the rest of the council. "After the feast is over, I wish to meet with you all back at the senate's room. I have an important deal of sorts I must discuss before the dawn of the next day."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

Quickly picking up on her game, Lord Wero decides to play along.
    Well, gentlemen, unless you have any last-minute questions, we shall be going. If you wish to contact me, you may either schedule a meeting on Emanacal or make use of Sending. My dignitaries may arrive regularly to ensure a smooth transition.
    Lord Wero begins to cast Greater Teleport. Celestica knows that spell is a trivial one for him to cast, so he seems to be purposefully taking his time in casting it.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Emperion Core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doppelgangers sit still around the table as everyone departs. A couple are furiously jotting away at notes, others open the new rulebooks to start reading, and one bows his head in Lord Wero's direction as you all leave.

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica's gambit had very nearly succeeded. At least two of the doppelgangers came close leaping out of their seats and you can tell through your zen spheres that they fear having missed a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Even so, their desire to keep their message private barely outweighs their desire to speak. If the elf is so important that she would travel with Lord Wero, there would doubtless be other chances to pass on a message if they waited long enough.

As far as you... the doppelgangers aren't quite sure what to make of you quite yet. They haven't heard too much from you, don't know who you are, and haven't really seen any of your talents apart from flying. They do sense that you have good intentions, however, and a couple idly contemplate wearing your face. A few of them are expressing a rather new emotion with your appraisal of their prisoners. For the first time in years, they are reviewing the crimes of those hung up in the wires in their heads to justify their punishment and they are... unnerved to find that they can only remember a small handful.

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salin, looking far more healthy with mead running through his veins, looks up at Usabhar with a mouth full of meat and nods in agreement. Infert, meanwhile, softly whispers, "perhaps it would be best to do this now. No doubt out soldiers will keep this up until sunrise."
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #395

Celestica and Lord Wero (and probably Rahja if she wants) are instantaneously warped to just outside the bastion, with the still-human High Lord looking at least a little bit apologetically at Celestica. It would seem they weren't willing to fall for the bait. That's unfortunate. If those...creatures do wish to contact you in the future they know how to find me.

He then makes his transformation back into his normal draconic form. Alabaster skin hardening and darkening into a mail of indigo scales. Long silver hair straightening and thickening into a mane of horns, body elongating to enormous serpentine proportions, growing distinctively at the chest, arms becoming more monstrous in shape and legs taking on a more animal form, with wings coming out of apparently nowhere from his back.
    Excellent. Unless you wish something, I believe we should see my dear General and inform her the Imperion is now Eclipsian territory.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Theres still the matter of freeing those wrongly imprisoned and tortured. Maybe if we work on that, one of them will slip up.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #397

Not a priority at the moment. He says dismissively.
    No need to shake an already shaken population further. Furthermore they probably deserve it.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja steps away from the two, seeing them off with a smile. "Go on without me, there is still work for me here." After Celestica and Wero are gone, the young aasimar turns back to the doppelgänger, drawing their attention without word or gesture.

"Something interests me, still. You said those people imprisoned outside are traitors, yet I wonder what exactly they did to earn their current fate." Perhaps surprisingly, Rahja does not sound judging, rather she simply wants to know, her posture open, accepting, taking away fears or reservations to speak the truth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive and Diplomacy take 10.

9. - Top - End - #399

SwashbucklerGuy

Listening to Infert's suggestion quietly, Usabhar nods as he looks to the guests once more. "I ask that you leave the council to it's discussion for just a small time. We have something important to take our notice on. Enjoy yourselves at the feast for now however." Usabhar waits for the guests to be out of whispering range before beginning to speak the matter of dire importance to the rest of the council.

"My tardiness was due to an unexpected visit," he whispers coldly yet proudly. "I had spoken with Keltahkonkmet earlier this day, at a crossroads. He moves toward the other side, seeking a solution to the cracks that try to overtake worlds. The other gods fear in cowardice over something they don't know and Keltahkonkmet defies their preference to plan by marching against the problem itself." A gleaming sense of honor is rung over Usabhar's shoulders as he whispers. "The great dragon has asked me to be his avatar, to meet with the gods and show them our spirit of conviction. I am to meet at their court and convince them of action."

Usabhar lets the reveal sink in for a moment before speaking again. "It is because of it that I must leave sometime this day again, this time for a much grander reason. I may not be back for a long time, but I will return to Sargti and Kulomen in one piece. I need you all to be able to take care of Sargti while me and Nasiri are on leave for a time. Do you all understand?" Usabhar puts his faith in the rest of the council as he asks his question to them.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion Core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doppelgangers, even those at a loss, seem somewhat baffled by this question (if perhaps shaken by its timing). "Do... do you not know what treason is? They have not only subverted laws but they have done so to undermine or fight against the system of order that serves them."

Despite the answer, it is clear that Rahja's question now has all of them thinking over the answer, trying to review specific examples. These examples reveal that the doppelgangers seem to have quite a broad view of "treason", including political opposition or organization of large protests. In fact, none of them can even think of what you would call "normal" treachery such as selling off state secrets or attempting assassination. Apparently, on the Imperion, such actions just aren't done (apart, perhaps, from the girl who pointed the way to you).

Meanwhile, Back in the Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Not completely clear on whether conversation is still going or if Wero is actually going somewhere (and what Celestica is doing if he is).

Sargti:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The council listens in reverence to your story, eyes widening first when you mention your meeting and again when you reveal your position and mission. Their faces, for the first time all evening, look perfectly sober. At long last, Infert finally speaks up, "I... I think we understand. It is to you, then, that we shall burn our offerings to in your absence. It is to you for which we shall pray for your success and return." With that, Infert, slowly and awkwardly, lowers his head into a bow.

The men and women of Sargti are both proud and hardened, possessing neither the inclination nor luxury of bowing down even before their leaders. Bows, at least within this mountainous city, are reserved for acts of worship to a god they would almost certainly never encounter.

Usabhar is, and always has been, a god from his people, forged from thousands of noble and honorable dwarven souls. As the rest of the council, one by one, bow in reverence before him, it is now perfectly clear.

He is now a god of his people.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

OOC: At the moment, Celestica doesnt have an agenda, so shes willilng to just go along with Wero. He said something about going to see the General and making arrangements to secure the Imperium. She would have stayed to help Rahja, but her presence seems to distract the dopplegangers so shes willing to stay out of that situation.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #402

((Right now Lord Wero and Celestica are just outside the Bastion.))
    Lord Wero inquires to nearby Eclipsian soldiers as to the whereabouts of Eclipsian headquarters and where to find the general. He will also inform them to cease and decist hostilities against the Imperion as it is now Eclipsian territory, and to spread the word with the authority of the High Lord himself.

13. - Top - End - #403

SwashbucklerGuy

As the revelation passes among the council, Usabhar watches the council begins to bow down to him. For Usabhar there is a feeling of accomplishment, one that indicated a sense of understanding and certainty on the matter. At the same time it places an even greater sense of responsibility on him. The responsibility of guarding his kind and those in assistance to him has always been there, but as someone of higher power there are greater expectations to go with it. Usabhar is not anything without Sargti or Kulomen so both of them are what must be protected. Yet despite that, he must be off to meet with the gods and focus more on a greater threat at hand. Usabhar knows Kulomen can survive on it's own without him for a time, but delaying a return home would not be preferable to him.

Towards the council, Usabhar nods his head and speaks calmly, "And I shall succeed. Watch over Kulomen and guard Sargti as we always have. By our will, what we don't know we will discover and defeat. We have always worked towards revitalizing Kulomen and never shall the dwarves of Sargti nor the frost giants shall forget it." The paragon clenches his fist with solid determination. "And so I shall be off when the time today is set. Never forget everything that we have accomplished and everything we shall accomplish!"

As time passed that day, Sargti feasted as dwarf and frost giant enjoyed the success of what was one of their greatest battles. Usabhar choose to leave before night truly fell on the frozen land of Kulomen. Though he is well aware of the Meeting Grounds, he had been given an order the other day to arrive at Emanacal to meet with High Lord Wero along with Rahja and Celestica. At the very least Usabhar knows he must honor his part of the deal. The paragon climbs as high up as he can on the mountain of Sargti. He waits out in the blistering cold until a familiar couatl comes from the snowy distance to his side. A serious and slightly awkward look is drawn on her face.

"Paragon, are you ready to head off?" After everything Usabhar has seen in Sargti, her voice is like an outerworldly call. It is soft, focused, and in thought. She had never liked Sargti's feasts for the reason that they are "too boisterous" for her liking. Yet despite that, her seriousness at this time feels a little off, like that something else had influenced her mood. Usabhar simply nods to her before closing his eyes and begins to call out in prayer. "My lord Keltahkonkmet, my path travels to there that cannot be reached by hands and feet. I ask thee for your blessing of your wings and paths so that I may fulfill the honor that one has asked me of. May my prayer be sent to your ears past worlds other gods fear!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a use of Miracle through praying to Keltahkonkmet via Devoted Knight of the God-King. Seeking passage to Emanacal.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja listens attentively to what the doppelgänger have to say. As they finish, she looks saddened at hearing the minor things that made them subject people to this horrible torture, yet... she is putting her fingertip to her lips for a moment as she lowers her head, contemplating. "You know," Rahja begins, looking back up. "I cannot claim to know you or your people. I know that shapeshifters have a tendency of being quite insightful in terms of people's intentions. But hearing about what your people did, but even more importantly, what they did not do, is speaking volumes to me. I will tell you a little secret, one that will let you know how good you have it and what your people are made of." The aasimar smiles at this shapeshifting council, making a short pause to let them contemplate. "All the resistance against you... was peaceful." She lets the fact sink in for a bit as well.

"On many worlds, people sadly resort to violence against the leaders they disagree with or even hate or are beginning to see everything connected to the government as the enemy, regardless of whether it will come around to harm them or not in their rage. But the people of this world choose not to do any of that." Rahja lets one arm sweep slowly as she speaks of the people of this world. "Despite their violent culture, they are seeing that killing their leaders or bringing harm to their world is not the way. Because this world is their home. They want it to be well, but they do not want to bring about the change they feel is needed with blood, but with the desire to aid their home. And a clarity of vision like this among a whole people is truly rare. It tells me they are not your enemy." The aasimar looks at the assembled council, taking in their reactions.

"I am beginning to believe a golden opportunity is at hand that might not come again in quite a while, for you and the people of this world, your people. You only need to want to step forward and take it." There is conviction in her voice, but she has passed the ball to the doppelgänger to inquire about this opportunity. Very soon, she will know if they might have the desire to change something to the better.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope I am not holding things up for Mikela and Ing. I'll try to hurry up if that's the case.

Diplomacy take 10 to make the doppelgänger realize a few things and convince them they are at a turning point.
    Sense Motive take 10 to check the results

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion (core:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja can see the doppelgangers' faces sour. While they had acted as efficient and effective rulers, they had been drawn to their posts in order to rule rather than to serve their people. With this being the case, the idea of keeping around any type of resistance leaves a bad taste in their mouths. Even so, however, they have a hard time telling that to your face directly and they seem unusually conscious of the hundreds of bodies suspended around them. Huddling together, the mass of them discuss the matter. Finally, Rahja can detect their decision a moment before they announce it.

"It... occurs to us... that none of those guilty of treason have taken action against the EEE. Indeed, by fighting against our own system, one could almost say they were... helping. As such, we believe that... pardons... may be in order."

Imperion: Battlefield:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Wero and Celestica find the General without much difficulty, seeing as she has been looking for you two for much of the past hour, "Why has the attack ended, Father? We were winning. We could have wiped out those curs once and for all!"

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Up in the sky, Usabhar appears in a flash of silvery light atop of his steed, Nasiri. At the moment, there is no great sign of where Wero is, though a large and regal structure stands before you in the distance.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-11-29 at 09:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406

((I think we'd all still be in the Imperion, just different locations. Rahja is Imperion: Core or something, Lord Wero and friends are Imperion: Battlefield. Unless Yoweth is directing this from Emanacal, there's no reason for them to be there at the moment))
    Imperion: Battlefield
    Spoiler
    Show

I have been drawn to this world through...clinical errors I will avoid getting into at the moment. Regardless, having seen the world for myself I am drawn to achieving two accomplishments at once. The renegade leader of this world has already paid for their indiscretion and hubris. The changeling council ruling in their illegitimate sovereign's absentia has been granted the rights and responsibilities of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse's Governors, in exchange for the entirety of the Grand Imperion to be granted the great privilege of being sovereign territory of my glorious Empire. Yoweth and Celestica can probably tell he's particularly giddy about this, mainly because he effectively, over the course of a few hours, gained control of an entire planet.

The attack is ended because we've already won. Pending the standard transitional period, the world of Imperion is on its way to assimilating into mainstream Eclipsian culture and customs. He may also be giddy about the prospect of the resources, technomancy, magic, and people that the Empire so universally despised now being used by the Empire against the High Lord's enemies.

He leans slightly closer to General Yoweth. Consider now, our gains. The Eclipsian Military now has a whole nother planetary population from which to draft recruits from.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-11-28 at 10:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods. They do not seem to understand why they should be pardoned, but they pardoned them nonetheless. "Then I will begin to help them recover. If you can release them safely, that would be appreciated. I will leave you to your preparations then." Rahja turns away before another thing enters her mind. "Oh, before I forget. Becoming part of the empire might lead to difficulties as everyone needs to adjust accordingly and the people of this world will look to their leader for guidance. Experience tells me that it is easier to work with your people instead of against them and the result might be more satisfying for everyone involved in various ways. Just some food for thought." Rahja punctuates the statement with a smile.

With the matter handled, she begins to bring the prisoners to the surface, promptly teleporting them up there, and begins to free them of their necromantic bonds with as little pain as possible (preferably none at all) and their physical as well as mental wounds, singing softly and beautifully as she tends to them. Also, there is a certain little girl who should know that they all will be fine, partially thanks to her courage.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good news, all prisoners have been pardoned, effective immediately. I will stay here while I am tending to their wounds. It will probably take a while, as there are hundreds of them. I will be at your side as soon as I am done, see you then, love."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy and Sense Motive take 10 for the doppelgänger.

All healing necessary for the prisoners.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

@Rahja, RoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is great news to hear. I am still on the Imperium, Wero is "celebrating" his "victory". He probably doesnt need me in any meaningful way, I'll come and help with my talents

Celestica asks for pardon from the High Lord, telling him that she has something else to attend to, and he probably has some bureaucracy to deal with that she cant help on....and then heads back to the Core to aid Rahja in healing, using her paladin curing (420 possible points) and her monk talents (60 possible points).
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #409

SwashbucklerGuy

Arriving at the capital of the EEE, Usabhar and Nasiri looks down at the grand and regal structure that both assume is the High Lord's castle. The couatl looks impressed at the structure while Usabhar shows little emotion at it's sight. Graceful and exotic antiques and design isn't something the dwarf takes interest in, preferring practicality and ease of use instead.

Dropping him off at the front gates to the regal structure, Nasiri looks up to see how high the building goes. "If it is alright paragon, I shall take a look around." She then looks to Usabhar; a sly smile removing the seriousness that she had earlier. "Or shall I address you as 'my lord' from now on?" Usabhar gives a gentle gruff before responding orderly. "Whatever you prefer Nasiri." He looks out to the streets before continuing, "But do not preach me while out on the High Lord's territory. I doubt he would take it well if his people were to take interest in a deity."

The couatl chuckles as she nods in respect to Usabhar. "Of course." She slowly begins floating upward to take a closer look at the palace, humorously asking Usabhar one last question. "But when have I ever played such tricks on you my lord?"

As Nasiri flies off and Usabhar knocks on the doors to the palace, he stoically replies to thin air. "Frequently."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica can practically feel Rahja rolling her eyes as she hears about Wero's "celebration", but also a warm smile as she finishes. "Your talents will be a great help for these poor souls. Once you are by yourself, just give me the word and I will bring you here." Once Celestica does so, she feels a very familiar touch as Rahja lovingly puts her arms around the elven maiden from behind and gently whisks her away to the Imperion world.

Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, Rahja will try to put the prisoners into beds or other comfortable places, perhaps the empty barracks or something, but keeps them together. Rahja also asks people to lend mats or blankets for the patients.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Celestica works with Rahja in the healing, using her paladin healing powers. She uses her power to stabilize the victims (enough to bring them to 1 HP) and moving them into centralized areas. She has seen Rahja use her powers to pour healing energy into a whole area, and figures that if she moves the victims close enough to each other, then Rahja can heal them all at once.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #412

Lord Wero has no problem with Celestica going to take care of whatever it is she needs to do.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion Battlefield:
    Spoiler
    Show

Back with Wero, Yoweth originally seems reluctantly compliant with your decision, though she can easily tell what this means to you and the thought of more recruits puts a small smile on her draconian face. "How should we proceed, then?" she eventually asks.

Meanwhile, Rahja and Celestica start the long process of freeing and restoring the prisoners kept between the surface and the core. All in all, there are around 100 prisoners kept captive and they require an average of 5 points of healing to restore most of their wounds (aside from their missing limbs, which require more powerful magicks to mend). Civilians, more than grateful for your efforts stopping the violence and more than once surprised to see a relative or friend they had thought dead, gladly allow you to use their beds for healing.

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small, mousey steward opens the door for Usabhar, giving him a slight bow before asking, "May I help you?"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

It takes all of Celestica's healing powers (paladin, monk, paladin CLW spells) but she brings all of the victims to a stabilized point. She trusts in Rahja to take care of the really heavy duty healing, as well as the reparation of limbs. She still makes sure to keep as many of the victims close to each other as possible to facilitate Rahja's healing.
    Once that is done, she starts looking around for food and drink, the victims probably havent eaten in quite some time (not needing it because of the magic) and once they are restored, its probably the first thing they will want.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

What even multiple powerful healers would struggle to achieve in a day, Celestica and Rahja do in much less, the latter regrowing limbs and organs en masse for those unfortunate ones who lost them. There is a serene presence to the aasimar as she works, humming or listening to the plight of her patient and their family and friends, offering encouraging and guiding words where appropiate.

When Celestica rises to get some food, Rahja slaps her forehead and chuckles to herself in face of her own forgetfulness. "I should have told you earlier," she says, grasping Celestica's hand, filling her body with warmth and leaving her sated like after a good, healthy meal, as well as eliminating any trace of fatigue. "those in my care will never go hungry or thirsty." Walking with Celestica, Rahja begins to sate their patients and those who could benefit from it on the way. Also, encourages people to bring those who got wounded in the fights to her, regardless of whose side they are on.

Once they are done, Rahja turns to her soulmate. "That should take care of every...one..." Her voice simply trails off as she looks at something over the elf's shoulder. Part of a building that was demolished in the invasion and several burned and hacked apart trees and plants... are beginning to recover. The structure putting itself back together and cracks mending themselves in a rough 100 feet radius, the plants's ashes flowing together and slowly blooming to full strength again. Confusion is the first thing on Rahja's face, then she seems to notice something. The healing of their surroundings stops, bringing insight to what is happening. Concentrating for a moment again, the mending continues until everything is returned to their original states.

The wonderful discovery of her newfound power brings a big happy smile to her face, truly proving that not only the living can be healed, but worlds themselves too, even when not using only the most powerful of magic.

Celestica only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica is the only one who can grasp how wonderful this turn of events is to Rahja. "This feels so much like healing Dera, even if on a much smaller scale." There is a brief pause before the aasimar's full attention returns to Celestica. "Got anything in mind for the rest of the day?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja uses a lot of regenerate spells.

Also, as an announcement to everyone, with help from Realms and Mikela, I'm replacing Inspire Change (you know, that power of the Artisan of Beauty that lets me change someone's entire personality, alignment and such) with the following ability:

Aura of Wholeness: Rahja is surrounded at all times by an aura that restores all within range. All objects within range gain fast healing 10. Destroyed objects (or plants) are restored with 10 hit points one round after entering the aura and heal normally thereafter. Rahja can suppress or reactivate this aura as a swift action. This aura extends out to 50 feet at 25th level, doubling the radius every 5 levels afterwards.

This is much more in tune with Rahja and I simply do not want Inspire Change to even be an option. It never feels like a good choice nor one Rahja could justify and cheapens the effect drastically compared to convincing someone to change their ways the normal RP way. Also, the mere presence of the ability is making people nervous, as shown in the setup thread. So, it had to go.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica never ceases to be amazed by Rahja's powers, she seems to be able to come up with whatever the group needs. She smiles in response to the aaismar.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #417

Now...it's a matter of occupation and subjugation. He grins coldly A planet is a large place, it is unfortunate that many of my new subjects are unenlightened as to the ownership of this one. Your task is to leave no doubt. Send forth my warriors, crush all resistance, and leave no doubt as to who now rules them. Remember that rebellion is an act of treason, however I trust in your...prosecutorial discretion.

28. - Top - End - #418

SwashbucklerGuy

Finding the door opened, Usabhar raises an eyebrow at what he finds to be a odd, shrimpy person at the door. The dwarf never has seen such a small specimen that acts and somehow appears to be enough of an adult. He considers whatever this creature is to be another specimen that is unlikely to survive in Kulomen, possibly even Wesslorne.

After a few moments of delay, Usabhar eyes the creature and begins to answer him. "I seek a meeting with the High Lord. I am Usabhar Sigurhavok of the dwarves of Sargti. The High Lord and I have fought together a day ago and requests I meet with him today." A moment later, Nasiri comes down from the sky with a nervous look on her face. "...My goodness." She spoke with little emotion for a moment, reverting to her usual tone as she sees Usabhar.

"Have your seen the anti-aerial defenses they have put up my lord? I find them... Crude and overdeveloped; like they were fit to strike down deities, not invaders." Usabhar looks at her calmly before mentioning, "You used those words to describe Sargti's ballista defenses." Nasiri chuckles in response, "Well of course. Sargti made them to repel aerial invaders, just in the most painful way imaginable." Usabhar makes no response as he looks back to the servant. Sargti's anti-air defenses are designed to deliver a single quick but deadly strike to an aerial foe by firing a massive arrow from the ballista mechanism to the foe. One is more often than not enough to fell a single intruder. It has never been required yet but it is possible for most available ballistas to fire at one single target. The result would be both needlessly gruesome and painful but would put down something for good.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Imperion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    More than satisfied with the implications of the victory and the duties presented to her, Yoweth bows and walks off without a hint of complaint. It is obvious that the definition of "rebellion" will likely be stretched to its limits within the next 24 hours. With that, the high lord finds himself all on his own for the first time in well over a day (not counting passersby, of course)

The healing fairs well but still manages to take up a decent amount of time. When you conclude, the sunset has just started.

Emanical:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Usabhar and Nasiri can see gears turning in the small man's head as he looks back and forth between the two of you and his face of casual boredom collapses into mortification. "I... I-I'll be honest with you, Sir Dwarf. Right now, there's not much I can do that doesn't end with serious torture or death... or both. If you are who you claim to be, you are indeed expected and insulting a foreign dignitary isn't a light offense. Unfortunately, there has been a bit of a problem with security and both the High Lord and the Prince are absent so letting you in without verifying who you are would likely get me killed as well even if you are real. If it is not too much to ask... because it's all I can do to ask... could you... non-insultedly, of course... wait for one of them to return... please? Or go find them, if you merely wished to talk."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-11-30 at 11:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

With the healing done, Celestica and Rahja are nowhere to be found. The healed bodies are the only evidence that they were ever there.
    #GoreMutualarejerks