New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

At the servant's change in mood to severe horror, Usabhar first appears unchanged by the creature's suggestion. The dwarf had come all this way to meet with the High Lord and now he's been told to wait for who knows how long.

Thankfully Usabhar's nerves are greater than that of adamantite. Compared to some of the tricks and traps he's been through before, this is only a minor inconvenience. He eventually nods in respect as he says, "Then I shall be back later. I hope he may return within the next two hours." The dwarf turns around to view the city outside. It then occurs to him that he still knows little about the EEE and that he ought to learn a bit of it. He takes a quick look back to the servant and asks, "Is there any sort of history place where I may... Learn of knowledge about the world?" Nasiri watches Usabhar quietly but otherwise stays silent for the moment.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Having nothing else to do on the Imperion world, the High Lord decides its time to at least check up on the progress Korshim and Zurkar are making, if any. He takes the time to inform Celestica and Rahja of his intentions before teleporting out. As this will take place over a few minutes, it will be well before they are finished that this takes place.

The High Lord is then relayed the information from a particularly troubled Korshim, and he gathers both him and Prince Zurkar to head back to the palace on Emanacal. Usabhar will see the three of them arrive.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wero/Usabhar: Wero manages to travel back to Emanical and reassemble his entourage with minimal fuss. Just as the doorman begins instructing Usabhar to other spaces that may be of interest, Lord Wero comes into view and the doorman, clearly relieved, shakes his head and opens the door wide.

Celestica/Rahja: What do you plan on doing now?
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Celestica/Rahja: What do you plan on doing now?
    After spending the day healing, Rahja and Celestica disappear for the night. The next day, they reappear at Emanical none the worse for wear.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #425

Emanacal: Indigo Citadel, Seventh Tier

Prince Zurkar seems a little distraught, while the High Lord himself does not seem particularly immune to these troubles. He manifests it as an aura of impatience. However Korshim is the most troubled. It's difficult to read the draconic construct, as metallic plates leaves much to the imagination in terms of facial expression. But those familiar with him do know that he is seriously troubled for one reason or another.

The trio land. Lord Wero being the first to break the silence.
    It would appear you have been delayed. No great matter, the day is not yet over. Tell me: What do you know of the "Boiler Man?"

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

I think we should contact the dwarf that Rahja healed. If you remember, when she first probed his mind, he was troubled by the image of a "boiler man" ruling a vast draconic empire. That cant be overlooked now.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #427

Imperion: A few minutes in the past

Yes, good thinking. I won't try to exhaust any leads. For now the greatest access I have to him is through his leader, whom is set to meet me in the Indigo Citadel before this day's conclusion.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

"Keep in mind that the presence possessing General Salin was the one who had these insights and was removed entirely by my spell. There is a chance he might not recall anything. But the more quickly this issue is resolved, the sooner we can head to the center of the astral plane."

9. - Top - End - #429

SwashbucklerGuy

Seeing Wero and the others arrive, Usabhar looks down at the servant and nods before entering along with Nasiri. The grand designs of the building are unique and extraordinary to the dwarf; never has he seen something like this, only heard of. Though his focus was first on business, the palace fascinates Usabhar even if he doesn't quite agree with it's design. Practicality has always been Sargti's main priority and the luxurious rooms and antiques don't exactly fit the standards Usabhar has. Nasiri on the other hand is more marveled by the palace, moving around to get a look at the various paintings, artifacts, and walls before moving to meet with the others.

Usabhar got most of what he, Rahja, and Celestica had heard when they arrived here. When he finds a moment to speak he sticks with a courteous, if gruff tone. "I doubt that my general would recall anything now. He had only become healthy as of recent times and he had a clear problem with memory when Rahja first healed him. I suggest we put him aside on this matter." He looks to each of the people in the meeting before speaking up again. "...Now can someone explain to me about this "boiler man? It sounds like something had occurred involving it." He then nods to Rahja. "I would prefer to get to the astral plane as soon as we are able to as well. I have a great deal of importance to speak with the gods about."

Nasiri meanwhile pays apparently little attention to the meeting at hand as she flies up to Korshim and greets him up close. "Just been a day and it already feels like much has changed," she says fondly as she takes a quick look at Usabhar. "...Well a lot already has changed, but I do wish at times time would be less merciless when switching the sun with it's sister." The rather happy couatl contrasts the much bigger construct's worry as Nasiri talks to Korshim. "Must be a busy day so far. It has certainly been for my lord."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-12-04 at 11:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430

I can see you're admiring the design. The High Lord remarks smugly to Usabhar, noting his appreciation for the Palace's architecture.
    It's a matte of spires and ridged latticework inspired heavily by Second-Era Hyptian design. I admit it predates me and there aren't a lot of records to anywhere before the Mage Wars, let alone before the Time Freeze, but what I did found I always thought was truly inspired, i'm sure you agree. The advent of technomancy in the Fourth Era caused them to lose their artistic touch in my opinion. Style and function are not mutually exclusive.

As for the Boiler Man and its connection to my Empire's past, I will tell you what I know: One hundred years ago the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse began expansion into other worlds. One hundred years ago we had begun to gain footholds on twelve worlds, six years into our expansion. If we had made enemies during that time, I find it extraordinarily unlikely they would've had the resources to send a message the way the "Boiler Man" did. Korshim seems to cringe at the mention of that.

Today truly should have been a historic, glorious day. Between the time I had last seen you and now, the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse gained its 85th world, and second world the Empire can claim total control over, and the first of my great-grandchildren hatched today. It's all for nothing if there is this...shadow looming over everything I have labored for centuries to build!

I hold no malice towards your general, but I cannot rule out what few leads I do have. I will use whatever means necessary to learn of an unknown enemy.

Korshim meanwhile, still seems quite troubled. He barely is able to hear Nasiri over the sound of his own mind trying to piece the logic puzzle together of how something could have replaced one of his own parts without his knowing. the only thing he can say in reply to the Couatl is Yes, I suppose. in a rather flat monotone.

11. - Top - End - #431

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar says nothing in response to Wero's explanation on the architecture of his palace. He had no understanding of what the High Lord was talking about and would probably need to ask later. Right now however is the discussion of this "boiler man" and Usabhar's general who may have a lead on it. With a pause, Usabhar slowly nods to Wero before speaking again. "...Then I will give you permission to speak with my general. However I request you not bring harm to him; I don't want someone I just got back to be damaged so shortly after arriving back home. I also ask not to annex Wesslorne into your empire at this time." Usabhar then looks to Celestica. "In addition I request you bring Celestica with you if she is willing. She has been to Sargti before and I believe should know the way around. I will warn you High Lord that my kingdom's design will not be to your liking. We do not have the same ideas of... luxury that you do."

Before Wero could actually take his leave, Usabhar speaks up again. "What were these twelve worlds of yours that you gained a hundred years ago? If there might be a connection from one of them I would like to take a look there." Usabhar looks to Rahja for a moment and gives a subtle sigh of agreement that he would like to hurry this issue up so that they may visit the astral plane. "I hope that this issue might be linked with the cracks in the sky we saw before. That would give us all a reason to follow the same goal.

Nasiri meanwhile looks to Korshim with a sad expression. It's the first time she has seen him like this and found it jarring compared to how he was the previous day. Unsure of the problem but had an answer, the couatl turns to Zurkar and politely asks, "My prince, would it be alright if Korshim and I might be able to spread our wings and travel around Emanacal? I would like to see it for myself with guide if that is alright." Her request is a thinly-veiled disguise to spend some time alone with the clockwork dragon and she knew that well.

12. - Top - End - #432

The High Lord raises a hand dismissively. It is not my intention to bring him harm, but understand that I will not rule out any possibility on following up on any lead, regardless of the means that may be employed. Have faith that nothing I would do would be permanent.

Annex his world of Wesslorne? The fact that he has never heard of it prior is good for that world. But the High Lord knows full well one does not simply annex a planet. It took centuries to take Emanacal, and the only reason Imperion was taken in its entirety was under extremely fortunate and specific circumstances. Wesslorne probably houses another planet-nation, but unless they wish to go against the Empire they have nothing to worry about. And if you're worried about your world having a more spartan style, rest assured I am prepared. The Empire of the Eternal Eclipse is large, with hundreds of distinct cultures and styles. I have my preferences, but that doesn't give anybody else a reason to not have their. The Indigo Citadel itself was built over a Dwarven citadel when I took it nearly four hundred years ago. I would say it was rather spartan at the time.

Korshim and Zurkar look at each other, confused. Not entirely sure if they heard Nasiri correctly. Emanacal is a planet. There is much to see and do. One can attempt to fulfill a lifetime of adventure on Emanacal and still leave much to be done. Between the two of them Korshim and The Gatekeeper had far less than that. Um, where, on Emanacal do you wanna go?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

"Actually, let's just head to the Meeting Grounds immediately. As stated before, General Salin likely won't be able to recall much and he isn't going anywhere. Though they aren't all-knowing or interested in everything going on in the multiverse, the gods are without a doubt a better source of information."

Spoiler
    Show
    Boy, I Wonder Where I Got That Idea From. >> <<

14. - Top - End - #434

Hm, Lord Wero considers the idea.
    I understand your logic, however I would argue that we aren't sure where the portal to the Meeting Grounds are. His Lord is already willing, all that lies between is a few questions and a world-shift spell.

Much simpler than questions within questions in my opinion. And I was meaning to requisition your assistance again, to restore fragments of his mind that are not immediately at the fore, which I agree may be the case.

15. - Top - End - #435

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar, noticing Rahja's idea, goes to support and back up her statement to Wero. "I agree with Rahja's plan. Though talking with my general may be simpler, any god is better at information than a mortal, especially a council of gods. Ones who have the knowledge at hand makes asking them easier than one who's info are, at best, in cryptic fragments. In addition we may accomplish another goal by asking them about the cracks, to slay two threats with one arrow. I suggest then that we go to the Meeting Grounds; we have been called there before and I am sure the way will open when we reach it's gates."

Nasiri pretends to clap at Usabhar's argument before kindly responding to Zurkar. "I'd rather just like open air and the top of a mountain that has a good view. I don't do well indoors and I think Korshim might use some open space at the time," she looks to Korshim with a friendly and subtly anxious look on her face. "Not too much to ask is it?"

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

"General Salin's mind is as healthy as it can be, I cannot restore what has never been there as, again, the comment about the boiler man came from the possessing entity, not General Salin," Rahja clarifies to do away with misconceptions immediately when they are coming into existence. Looking over the group, Rahja soon speaks up again. "As my assistance won't be needed, I'll head to the Astral Plane and start looking in the meantime. Celestica will know how to find me."

17. - Top - End - #437

So that begs the question. The High Lord remarks. How do I get in contact with the possessing entity?

Korshim looks up to the mountain the Indigo Citadel is built into.
    Well...we can go up this one I guess. I-if that's okay, Creator.
    What? Oh fine. He sounds at least a little annoyed.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-12-06 at 01:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

"Not at all. I healed General Salin's torn soul and whatever was within his mind and tried to stop my spell is now long gone."

19. - Top - End - #439

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar waits quietly as Wero speaks with Rahja, then speaks up as the aasimar mentions how there is no way of contacting the possessing entity anymore. "Then it looks like our best lead now is with the gods," he speaks dryly, hiding his excitement. "All that leaves now is to figure out how to get to the Astral Plane." Usabhar looks at each person in the room, barring Nasiri and Korshim. "Does anyone have a way of getting there or will it be needed to scout out someone who can?"

Nasiri meanwhile nods to Zurkar as she pats Korshim lightly with her tail "Well that settles it. Come on, you could use a breathtaking view." The couatl flies off, staying close to the mountain as she begins making her way to the top.

20. - Top - End - #440

The Portal Chamber is my fortress in the Astral Plane. The real question is in which direction do we go to get to the so-called center.

Hey! Wait up! The Clockwork Dragon says, his own film wings combined with steam thrust allowing him to easily keep pace with Nasiri.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Rahja, if you say the possessing entity was the source of the knowledge and its gone now, thats good enough for me. Its a dead lead. You know far more of this than I do. I will go with you to the Astral plane.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #442

I...suppose it is the best lead for now. However if this proves to not yield fruition I still want to follow up on the General.
    He turns to move into the seventh tier palace, gesturing for Prince Zurkar to follow.
    Pardon me, there is something I must attend to. I shall return shortly.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"Finding the center is easy: I bring you all there. However, I can only bring up to five people about my size in one go, so assuming a roughly human-sized shape will be required to make this possible and keep the number of teleportations to a minimum."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica Im only elf size, you get a carry over to someone else with me
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #445

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar nods to Nasiri as he wonders what the Astral Plane is like. "If the path is clear then, shall we go immediately or take time to prepare?"

Outside, Nasiri gives off a big smile as she sees Korshim taking off after her. His speed is very much better than hers but it doesn't stop her from flying literal circles around him as they go up the mountain together. "Glad you're following. For a moment I figured you'd just be moody all day." She chuckles as she takes a look at his steam thrusters. "How often do you get out to fly this fast? I tend to find myself in the skies a lot back at my lord's kingdom."

26. - Top - End - #446

Lord Wero is gone, but he did say he'll return momentarily.

It's, umm...not that often. He manages to mutter out audibly over the sound of wind rushing against his metal plates. But..."moody?" What does that mean?

27. - Top - End - #447

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri flies about like leaves in the wind, if leaves were able to control the winds that is. Nasiri responds while calmly shaking her head "'Moody' wasn't something that was explained to you? Oh dear I have to teach you 'casual slang' won't I?" She giggles a little as she takes a look for any place on Korshim's body that isn't full of mechanical items that could tear her scales off at the touch. "To summarize, by 'moody' it means to be dependably quiet, angsty, regretful, deep in contemplation, self-diagnosing, or any combination of the above. My lord isn't quite this as he's a more stoic, focused, and grimly focused when he isn't being so rarely boisterous. Does that answer your question?"

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja grins. "Nice try, but the first class seats for pretty elven lasses take up some space, too."

Since they are waiting for Wero to return, Rahja pulls out her aspect mirror and contacts Selayna. "Selayna, are you there?" If she is, a warm smile spreads across Rahja's face, like everytime she sees the beautiful nymph queen. "I'm heading to the astral plane, to the meeting grounds of the gods to see what I can do about these cracks in the sky. I don't know how long it'll be, but I'll be in good hands along the way. Anything I'm needed for before I go?"

29. - Top - End - #449

Across its whole body are overlapping plates, clearly more designed with mobility in mind than resembling dragon scales. The motion of flying is constantly causing the plates to shift over one another, a visceral motion that can easily chew through anything caught in it. The safest place on the enormous brass dragon is probably the top of his head.
    I guess that makes sense but...no. That's not me. Korshim says with melancholy You're a creature of flesh and blood, you wouldn't understand.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Having heard much but never seeing Selayna, Celestica moves in such a way to be able to see into the mirror. Being an elf, she knows she wont be able to peek over Rahja's shoulder, so she settles for a side view.
    #GoreMutualarejerks