New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

CELESTICA

No, I think that covers just about everything. Thank you for your help.
    She turns to Rahja
    Mad Grod might be our best bet. With your abilities to cure the mind, we might be then able to get something from him. The celestials arent likely to trust the High Lord, especially if they are being secretive already and if the gnomes are in mourning, they wont want to talk either.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

"You speak truth, as always." Rahja lets her gaze sweep across the fields. "I hope my powers will at least ensure that the next harvest will be more bountiful. I think we should go ahead and preempt any further panic." As the discussion between Usabhar and Wero is rather lengthy, Rahja leaves when her soul mate is ready.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The dwarf is ready to open his mouth to speak again, not having bothered with even touching the book, when he looks over to Rahja and Celestica and sees that both of them got the information they need and ready to head off. He then looks back to Wero with an arrogant and unfortunate look. "We shall continue this later when there aren't more important goals to achieve. I suggest you think on my words and ideas in the meantime."

With that, he joins the aasimar and the elf, giving a nod to them upon his arrival. "Shall we be ready to move on? I don't tend to find this village to be a place where I'd belong in. and would like to get moving." He looks over to see if Wero will be following. Considering the conversation the two had earlier, this looks like it could be a very long journey.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

Although ordinary circumstances would dictate that Usabhar is forfeiting the debate, therefore granting Lord Wero victory, they both know these are not ordinary circumstances. Mmm, very well. I would like to continue this conversation though, I rather enjoy these discussions.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Traveling to Mad Grod's tower, you find the structure a good few miles away. The structure, at least from the outside, doesn't look particularly odd, though the area around it is particularly lush.

Rahja
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure that the plant growth effect is instantaneous
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

6. - Top - End - #546

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar squints his eyes as he sees the tower from a good distance away. "Hmm, his home holds well compared to his 'madness' that the people have spoken of," Usabhar mentions as the group ventures to the tower. He looks to Rahja and Celestica with a confused look, as if seeking answers about something they would know. "If you could answer me something, why is it that such normal mortal do not learn to simply combat such threats? My people are a militaristic, protective kind; they know not fear or hesitance. For that, they have survived well in Kulomen and I doubt many other civilians would not last an hour there. So I ask why they are like such, more feeble and frail than dwarves." The thought had been on Usabhar's mind for a long time. He is well used to protecting the weak and has had no issues with it. What he has always wondered however, is why they are weak compared to his own kind.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja keeps looking over her surroundings as she answers. "Because they are. It is the same as asking why everyone of your people isn't a greater deity or why normal squirrels can't speak and rule kingdoms. It's just the way it is. Many cultures aren't exposed to a hostile environment, either. For example, the people on this plane are still much better off than in most places on the material plane, even with the problems that are haunting them nowadays, as these still are the Twin Paradises. There is no need for them to learn to fight for them in their afterlife. Different people are just that, different."

She approaches the tower, knocking on the door, waiting for an answer as she reaches out with her lifesense.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-12-31 at 01:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica considers Rahja's words for a moment, and then starts to giggle.
    Wouldnt that be neat though? I mean, a squirrel ruling a kingdom? What sort of kingdom would they build? Would nuts suddenly become more valuable than gold?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja smiles and points upwards to the other layer of Bytopia. "To get the answer, you will have to ask the awakened King of Squirrels for an audience in his royal orchard."

...It is actually hard to tell whether Rahja is joking or not.

10. - Top - End - #550

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar listens to Rahja's explanation carefully. He never thought as things being as they are simply because it just is. He always thought more that everyone can choose and decide to change things as they want. The dwarves chose to found Sargti because they wanted to survive. The frost giants are now part of Sargti because the dwarves wanted them to cease their relentless attacks. In addition he had the belief that all who live should understand the art of defending themselves through skill of a weapon, which is different from what people on this plane know. However he had never attempted to bring on his ideals to others; there is the idea of free will and the cultures of themselves. He has no right in taking that away and even when he brings force he makes sure the opponent keeps their lifestyle and culture. Such as been the way with the frost giants.

However he doesn't respond immediately to Rahja as Celestica brings up a joke on the aasimar's mention of squirrels. He shakes his head quietly. "I fail to understand the humor of the 'joke,'" he mentions in a calm, deadpan manner as he continues to the tower provided the way is not blocked by a cliff or area untraveled by foot. His grim nature always overshadows the idea of comedy... For now.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica seems quite serious now. Who said anything about a joke? Are you saying a kingdom of squirrels would be a joke? Squirrels might do a really good job of organizing things. Can you imagine the whole world being run by the efficiency of squirrels? Rahja can see just the bit of a twinkle in her eye.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #552

Besides, I would be very careful who you joke about squirrel-kings to. The Emperor of Nuttingheim has many friends in unexpected places, and speaking for myself, I have nothing but positive things to say about him. The High Lord remarks with a flat deadtone, as though totally serious, but Celestica knows that Lord Wero has a mischievous streak.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The door to the tower opens inwards, revealing the interior to resemble a lush rainforest (down to the inclusion of plants and a haze of humidity that wafts out). Standing at the doorway is an Orc in a heavy leather robe. Clearly sweating profusely, the Orc is also wearing a bird's nest as a hat. "May I help you?" the orc asks, "before we all die, that is?"
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica pauses for a moment, as she looks in on the rainforest, its not her native Crystalia, but its one of the closest shes seen in quite some time and it has a bit of an effect on her. Then she finds her voice.

Are you the one the villagers call Mad Gord? Because if you are, we would be interested in discussing what you call the end of the world, in hopes of doing something about it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #555

The green skin, the pointed ears, the fanged, exaggerated underbite, the High Lord's face warped almost instantaneously to anger upon seeing the Orc. Such a barbarian should not be allowed to continue existing. However it was not his decision to make at this time. Whether he knew it or not Mad Grod's necessity is saving his life. We need not all die, but it is imperative that you tell us everything you know about why we would in the first place.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja gives a small greeting bow, but remains silent otherwise, listening to her own senses and her Zen Spheres to find out about the orc's troubles and whether he is actually insane.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive take 10

17. - Top - End - #557

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar gives a nod as he sees Mad Grod and his... Interesting hat style. He makes no attempt to speak up, clearly unamused at the sight of the insane orc and rather uninterested in knowing how the orc went insane. The dwarf however does notice Wero's angered look as the dragon meets Mad Grod. Why the High Lord would be so infuriated will be something Usabhar will figure out sometime. For now however, the focus must be on the orc and his mad mood. He lets the others talk for now; Usabhar would have simply knocked the orc unconscious and left had he be in negotiations.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Grod," corrects the orc, looking at Celestica. Turning to Wero, the orc frowns as he throws up his hands, "The plane is dying," he says. "the heartbeat is gone and the rest of the plane is going to rot,"

Rahja
    Spoiler
    Show
    Watching Grod talk, the orc reveals his personality like an open book. While uncharacteristically kind for a full-blooded orc (perhaps explaining his presence on the plane), he truly is insane, suffering from full-blown schizophrenia. Even so, he speaks quite certainly and authoritatively on the approaching "death" of the plane. Recently, he and his friends (few of which you have any reason to suspect might be real) have been working on the logistics for providing mass "hospice" and reassurance to those who refuse to leave their homes when the signs become more clear.

19. - Top - End - #559

Heartbeat? The lack of one would ordinarily bring instantaneous death. Or rather a death so rapid it might as well be immediate. The fact that the plane is still around is an indicator that planes exist in a temporal flow far slower than that of mortals, so what would be fractions of a second extends across days, if not longer. Tell me more about this heartbeat. He says in a tone brimming with concealed rage.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, please. Also where this "heartbeat" would normally come from."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hello Radagast.

21. - Top - End - #561

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar holds still in stoic form as he listens to the orc speak of cryptic words and phrases. He could interperet the "heartbeat" as something like the planet becoming undead; those not of the living need no heartbeat either. "By chance," He begins in a huff, "Does whatever that bleeds this heartbeat dry have the smell or scent of undeath?" He speaks quickly and immediately goes back into his former stoic pose. He finds no need of speaking much, letting Mad Grod speak his mind instead as cryptic as it may be.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Ahm, well, you see, the heartbeat... hmmmm... it would be faster to show you, I wager. Everyone join hands... or paws, if that's what you've got. This is going to be a fascinating ride for you, I'd think,"

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods, grasping Celestica's hand followed by Grod's.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica holds on to Rahja's hand, extending her other one to either Usabhar or Wero, whoever is closer
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #565

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar pauses as Rahja and Celestica decide to join Grod on his plan to "show" them this heartbeat. To him this comes off as more of a children's game than a way of seeing something. However he had not the arrogance to turn down the idea when the whole multiverse is at risk. Slowly he goes to hold onto Mad Grod's other hand, letting Wero hold onto the dwarf and Celestica... If the dragon even chooses to do so. The High Lord's notably disliking reaction of the orc will need to be questioned at one point.

26. - Top - End - #566

Lord Wero is at first a little perplexed. Everyone else seems fine with trusting an Orc, an Orc with something as complex as a teleportation spell. Even if this barbarian can somehow use Teleportation it's more likely than not that it is a trap of some sort. However resolving that he is more invulnerable than the barbarian can possibly harm him, the High Lord reluctantly extends a finger of his extremely un-pawlike claw to be held onto, the fingertip being easily larger than everybody else's head. However as a condition of this concession the Indigo Eclipse has moved into a particularly threatening stance, eyes locked to the orc. Usabhar would probably note it to be a fighting stance, or a draconic parody of one, usable only by someone of considerable martial skill

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica, the member of the group most used to Lord Wero's moods, says nothing but smiles sweetly at him as she grasps onto the outstretched claw, allowing the spell circle to be completed.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Silently mumbling a few words to himself, God's eyes seem to fade out of focus as his voice slowly rises into a constant, melodic, (barbaric) chant. As the chant finally subsides, however, the world around you seems to fade as well. The tower behind Grod fades away along with the small path leading up to it and (uniquely) any view of the Shurrock above you (replaced with a calm sky caught in the midst of sunset. A thin haze seems to surround the world beyond a 100-foot radius.

Regaining his bearings, Grod solemnly points towards a small blue crystal floating about 20 feet away. Even as you watch, a small part of the stone chips off into nothing. "Welcome to our home," Grod says, "or what's left of it."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the crumbling crystal in this atmosphere is a heartbreaking sight. Silently, Rahja floats closer, cupping her hands beneath the crystal as if to catch what crumbles off it. She doesn't know if someone with her powers tried to save the heart of Bytopia yet, if the deities have tried so. But it would be a grave sin not to try to preserve the Twin Paradises, as with every other plane of existence, despite how much Rahja opposes the wickedness of the lower planes. Ultimately, she wishes death upon nothing, even though her powers are much too weak to solve all conflicts without bloodshed, as the recent past has shown.

Hoping it would at least help a little, the aasimar begins to channel the energies within her, much like when she mended the general's soul or the cracks, her form aglow with brilliant, warm light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja examines the crystal (take 10 on knowledge, sense motive and Zen Spheres) and casts her epic healing spell upon it (take 10 on Spellcraft).

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica watches her soul mate work her specialty on the crystal, hoping it will work. Since she cannot aid in this sort of action, she spends her time looking around to see what else is in the area, as well as watching for threats that would move against Rahja while she is concentrating on her work.
    #GoreMutualarejerks