Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Aaaand in my brilliance I forgot to designate Lord Wero's casting

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Move to above ranks of Huge faces

Standard Action: Maximized Twin Repeating Untyped Chain Orb of Fire (6th level spell)

Free Action: Maximized Twin Repeating Untyped Chain Orb of Fire (6th level spell)

Free Action: Maximized Twin Repeating Untyped Chain Orb of Fire (6th level spell)

Non-Action: Absolute Authority to give Korshim a Standard Action

Spoiler
    Show

Auto 90 damage on hit

(1d20+54)[62]
    (1d20+54)[55]

(1d20+54)[69]
    (1d20+54)[58]

(1d20+54)[63]
    (1d20+54)[65]

Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja - HP 590/590, THP 100
    AC 112 (T 95, FF 100), Fort +65, Ref +71, Will +81
    CMD 123, SR 36, performance rounds 620/638, Belt of Battle charges 1/3
    Preventative measures True resurrection x2, Live the Legend 0/2
    Healer spells used 1x 3rd, 1x 5th, 1x 9th

[description coming upon resolution of the round; see spoiler]

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Maintain inspire courage

Free Activate Live the Legend

Full Full attack, aimed at the cracks (if Celestica doesn't close them before Rahja's turn) or the largest living faces. -20 power shot penalty. Auto-hits and Auto-crits due to Live the Legend.
    Damage rolls:
    (3d10+159)[172] + 30 sonic damage
    (3d10+159)[169] + 30 sonic damage
    (3d10+159)[169] + 30 sonic damage
    (3d10+159)[181] + 30 sonic damage
    (3d10+159)[184] + 30 sonic damage

Total: 875 force damage (ignores DR) + 150 sonic damage

Current party status and temporary effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Character|HP|THP|OC bonus*|Temporary effects
    Celestica|660/660|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced), Live the Legend, Divine Might
    Rahja|590/590|100|+10|Weave Emotions (anticipation), Weave Feelings (optimism), Inner Beauty, Master Performer, Haste, Owl's Insight, Inspire Courage +20, Prayer (enhanced), Live the Legend
    Usabhar|870/870|100|+10|Live the Legend, Inspire Courage +20, Effulgent Epuration (32 spheres)
    Wero, High Lord|780/780|100|+10|Live the Legend, Inspire Courage +20, Effulgent Epuration (32 spheres)
    [/table]
    *OC = Overcharge; +1 bonus to attack rolls, saves, skill checks per 10 THP granted by Rahja, up to +10

Effect descriptions:
    Weave Emotions (anticipation) - +10 untyped to AC and initiative, can't lose Dex bonus to AC while mobile, conscious
    Weave Feelings (optimism) - Roll 3d20 instead of 1d20, add sums together, even one 20 makes roll count as natural 20
    Inner Beauty - +4 sacred bonus to Dex and Cha, enhanced beauty and grace. Total duration 250 minutes (casted at start of evacuation).
    Master Performer - While performing, gain Cha modifier to AC and saves
    Haste - Extra attack on full attacks, +1 untyped bonus on attacks, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex, +30 feet to all movement modes. Lasts 23 rounds.
    Owl's Insight - +14 insight bonus to Wisdom. Lasts 1 hour.
    Inspire Courage - +20 morale bonus on saves vs. charm/fear, +20 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls
    Prayer (enhanced) - +4 luck bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks and saves while within 40ft of Rahja (Prayer enhanced by Healer's Extension of Blessing class ability). Lasts 27 rounds.
    Live the Legend - All allies who hear Rahja roll natural 20s on all their attack rolls for the duration of the effect. Critical threats are automatically confirmed and immunity to critical hits is ignored. Martial maneuvers used are not expended. While below half maximum HP, all bonuses to rolls are doubled. All enemies who can hear Rahja roll natural 1s on all attack rolls for the duration and while they are above half maximum HP, all bonuses to rolls are halved. Lasts until the end of Rahja's next turn.
    Effulgent Epuration - Spheres surround character. Each sphere absorbs one spell or spell-like ability, regardless of level, that directly targets the character (who can choose what gets absorbed). Area effects or effects lacking a target doesn't get absorbed. Lasts ~27 rounds.
    Divine Might - Cha to weapon damage for 1 round.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-09-02 at 04:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica fires in turn with her bow partner.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aiming at the cracks if they have not been closed by her attacks and Rahja's second volley, the faces otherwise.
    complete description once I know where she is shooting

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6+168)[181] & (2d6)[6] holy & (2d6)[7] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[173] & (2d6)[5] holy & (2d6)[6] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[176] & (2d6)[4] holy & (2d6)[4] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[179] & (2d6)[12] holy & (2d6)[5] anarchic
    (3d6+168)[176] & (2d6)[6] holy & (2d6)[11] anarchic
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

On the battlefield way below, Usabhar has a feeling of nostalgia as he sees himself infinitely swarmed by the hordes of enemies. He's had this happen many times now from the very first army of demons to the clan of frost giants to now. Every time he is surrounded on all times; every time he has come out victorious despite being just one being. This time shall be no different. Standing his ground with a great huff and stubborn look, the dwarf continues his great assault against the faces with his lance. He strikes those right in his range while attacking others who dare try to make a move on him. No amount of flanking will do them any good. Usabhar's greataxe moves on it's own, attacking faces near and far from the dwarf.

Up high above, Nasiri holds her place as she looks down below. Do not be afraid to let me know if I must fly somewhere else, she telepaths to Nasiri and Celestica as she casts another arcane spell next to a large cluster of nearby faces; right at Usabhar if needed. As she casts, an unbelievably hot fog of flames and ash comes forth where the couatl indicated. The cloud threatens to burn those to ash who dare set foot in it's place. Usabhar has nothing to fear however; his body is able of taking any sort of heat or cold the world can throw at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have the IC part up tonight, wanted the fluff done right now.

Readied Maneuvers: ([N] = N/A, [U] = Used)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Desert Wind Maneuver) Death Mark
    (Devoted Spirit Maneuver) Greater Divine Strike
    (Diamond Mind Maneuver) Ruby Nightmare Blade
    (Diamond Mind Counter) Rapid Counter
    (Iron Heart Maneuver) Iron Heart Surge
    (Iron Heart Maneuver) Lightning Recovery
    (Setting Sun Counter) Feigned Opening [N]
    (White Raven Maneuver) Flanking Maneuver
    (Shadow Hand Maneuver) Shadow Noose
    (Shadow Hand Maneuver) Obscuring Shadow Veil
    (Stone Dragon Maneuver) Irresistible Mountain Strike
    (Stone Dragon Maneuver) Mountain Tombstone Strike
    (Tiger Claw Maneuver) Rabid Wolf Strike [N]
    (Tiger Claw Boost) Raging Mongoose [U]
    (White Raven Maneuver) Flanking Maneuver
    (White Raven Boost) Covering Strike

Usabhar:
    Swift Action: N/A
    Move/Standard Action: Performing a full attack using my Lance and Greataxe, along with the assorted AoOs of course All x3 crits due to Live the Legend
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lance Attacks' Damage: (3d8+156)[163] + (9d6)[23] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[30] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[164] + (9d6)[40] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[175] + (9d6)[40] Holy if Evil

Greataxe Attacks' Damage: (3d12+156)[186] + (2d6)[7] Holy if Evil
    (3d12+156)[170] + (2d6)[7] Holy if Evil
    (3d12+156)[172] + (2d6)[8] Holy if Evil
    (3d12+156)[185] + (2d6)[4] Holy if Evil

AoO Attacks' Damage: (3d8+156)[168] + (9d6)[31] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[163] + (9d6)[24] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[32] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[36] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[175] + (9d6)[35] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[162] + (9d6)[32] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[26] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[164] + (9d6)[26] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[172] + (9d6)[30] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[25] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[167] + (9d6)[35] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[162] + (9d6)[29] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[26] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[176] + (9d6)[39] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[171] + (9d6)[27] Holy if Evil
    (3d8+156)[169] + (9d6)[29] Holy if Evil

Nasiri:
    Swift Action: N/A
    Move Action: N/A
    Standard Action: Casts Incendiary Cloud on the closest group of faces, right at Usabhar if needed. Usabhar is immune to fire so no worry about taking harm by it.

BTW Realms, don't forget about the Legion of One 6th level ability: Sever the Deadly Serpent’s True Fangs. "Starting at 6th level, whenever a legion of one fells a creature, he or she treats all other creatures in combat as possessing 1 fewer HD (to a minimum of 1 HD) for the purposes of his or her legion of one class feature until the end of the encounter."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-02 at 09:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Previous Round:

Soaring upwards on the back of a couatl, Rahja reaches the crescendo of her performance as both she and Celestica let loose arrows that fly across the sky in nearly every direction, shattering their way through every crack they come across and leaving nothing behind but a network of faint black etchings stretching across thin air. The last of the faces falling from the air impact the ground with a single wet thunk, a gruesome and sobering end to the beauty of Rahja's most inspiring crescendo.

Inspired by Rahja's call from above, Usabhar destroys face after face as they cross his path, though none truly turn around to face him. In fact, it seems like some of them were stumbling forwards more than walking, carried far more by inertia rather than their own legs. Even so, slay them the paragon does. Much to his delight, smaller faces don't emerge from these wounds. In fact, none of the faces seem to be making more spawn

Wero and Korshim make similar observations of their own as they weave their own brand of might. Wero watches as his spells rip through the body of a titanic face, forcing it into the silent grimace of death as it falls to the ground unmoving, destroying a full city block in the process. The black sphere that Wero's mechanical cohort summons seems to rip another face apart, though it doesn't even seem to fight.

Looking around you, most of the faces are slowing down and stopping all around you, freezing where they stand and often falling to the ground without discernible reasons.

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the silence following one of your greater performances, you can hear a familiar voice continuing to speak to you. It speaks through the notes that long to fill the silence; through the melodies you could be singing; through the silences and the softest of noises brave enough to pick up where you voice has left off.

"How wondrous," Shelyn seems to say, though the notion is not one of undiluted joy, "such beauty in the face of such great loss. In you, young one, I find the will to perform the task with which I've been appointed."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize for this post undoing the most recent action rounds you've made (for the most part). With that said, this was never meant to be a truly long and drawn out fight so early in the game. In the future, I'll probably stick with my initial plans for day-long action and reaction steps. Though the current method is faster, it forces you to predict exactly how things occur in the previous round and it makes each post a headache on my end. To that end, I will be trying to focus more on shorter and more purposed battles in this campaign.

Feel free to either ignore your most recent posts and make new ones or to edit your most recent ones and simply continue onwards.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica was about to fire her bow downwards into the faces, however when she sees them no longer moving, she lets the string go back to the ready position.
    Good call Rahja, it seems that sealing the cracks cut them off from their power source. At least, thats the best guess I can make. We should go down now, and clean up the mess
    She takes a sidelong look at her new friend
    And that was quite an impressive song you sung. Thats power beyond anything Ive ever heard.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-09-03 at 06:13 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #67

Lord Wero readies another volley of orbs from his hands, but wills the spells to hold as many of them yet untouched by the Lord's devastating arcana appear to be stumbling and falling of their own volition. He senses no magic having doing so, so he expects an alternate explanation. He looks up and notices the tiny figure of the Couatl with its two riders high in the sky with the crack that's not even there, or at least not visible from this distance. Apparently the cracks have a direct affect on the monsters, and closing them weakens them critically...somehow.

Your Highness, it would...appear that these monstrosities have been...neutralized.
    I can see that. Though...
    he looks up at the Couatl, then onto the faltering faces. And once again back onto the clockwork dragon.
    I suggest you-
    At once, my lord. He immediately interrupts, already knowing what Lord Wero was going to say. Years ago, when Lord Wero was first introduced to Korshim, this habit of interrupting would earn nothing short of His ire. Over the years and by Prince Zurkar's persuasion, the High Lord came to accept it as something the mechanical dragon could not help.

The robot dragon then lands among the faces, and proceeds to walk and jump on top of them, apparently with the purpose of crushing them under the sheer weight of a gargantuan metal dragon. The High Lord, meanwhile, returns his gaze to the ranks of the falling monsters.

He looks for the abnormality, and among the pool of teal blood comes across the form of Usabhar. He flies up to him, landing directly in front of him on top of a cushion of crushed Faces unable to hold the bulk of the High Lord's sheer weight.
    Hello there. He speaks with mock-friendliness, easily forgoing the quaintnesses of formality.
    I happened to be flying by and protecting my subjects from extradimensional monstrosities when I couldn't help but notice that those very same subjects of mine are no longer present.

Would you happen to know of as to what happened?

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

By the way... Prince Zurkar chirps, realizing he forgot to ask. Is...Is Emanacal safe from the fissures?

Spoiler
    Show
    For now, let's just say that Korshim is coup-de-gracing lots of faces.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-03 at 07:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Plane
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thankfully yes," the eternal responds, grinning broadly. Another eternal runs frantically across the room towards the first, whispering something excitedly into his ear. After dismissing the newcomer with a nod, the eternal continues, "It would seem we've had reports of fiends, celestials, and deities on empire worlds experiencing the cracks, apparently helping to fend off the enemy and helping to close up the cracks. How should we react, My Lord?"
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #69

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Of all the things any of the Eternals had said, this one stuck out like a supernova detonating on a sunless world, leaving the Gatekeeper absolutely dumbstruck.
    Dieties? Did you say Dieties? As in...Gods?

10. - Top - End - #70

SwashbucklerGuy

As the swarming numbers begins to slow down and eventually cease, Usabhar really only stops slaughtering faces when he sees Korshim 'jump' on them harmlessly. He often gets wrapped up in the heat of combat. It isn't because of any sort of barbarian rage or godly wrath but instead the instinct of being fought on all sides that drives the dwarf to never stop fighting. The blood of these faces covered him from head to toe. Again, it isn't the first time; he's drowned himself in pools of blood in combat from demons and giants before. All this blood is just another color to Usabhar.

A moment later, he notices the cracks had been dispersed. Everyone else finds out before he does that the lack of cracks neutralizes the faces. Before he is able of doing something else after putting his axe away, he has Wero in his face asking him about what happened to the civilians. Lance held beside him with the tip pointed upward, Usabhar looks up to the dragon and responds bravely in his gruff tone. "They have been taken to safety by Keltahkonkmet. You have heard of the great silver dragon, have you not?" Usabhar strokes his bloodied beard as he speaks to the purple dragon. "He heard my prayer and responded as such. By my assumption, Keltahkonkmet has taken them to grounds under your rule. Wherever they were going, the great silver dragon should have brought them there." The dwarf places excellent confidence in Keltahkonkmet's ability and trust even if only he, Nasiri, and other dwarf from Sargti can trust the silver dragon.

Meanwhile, above in the skies, Nasiri looks down below as the battle dies down. Shall I take all of you down? She telepaths to Rahja and Celestica.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-03 at 09:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Although a more obscure draconic diety, Lord Wero has heard of Keltahkonkmet. However, dieties are loathe to intervene on behalf of mortals without something or someone directing them. This dwarf has damned himself with his own knowledge.
    Fascinating. Tell me, by what right did you think you had to have Him make off with thousands, if not millions of my subjects? Remind me who is High Lord of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, and who is Emperor if the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse.

12. - Top - End - #72

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar stands steadfast when speaking to Wero, not at all intimidated by the larger dragon. Though despite this, the dwarf is not looking to literally bash in his reasoning. "My right was but my judgement and decision; it was ultimately Keltahkonkmet choice to intervene." He makes a point by putting his lance away before continuing. "It is however, my choice to have called him. None of us were aware that such a fight would be easily over before I prayed. Had these abominations not been stopped by the closed cracks, they could have easily rushed past us and to those that do not deserve to be on the field of battle. My call to Keltahkonkmet was to guarantee their safety, for I did not believe they would survive under my protection. It was not to undermine or subdue your position in the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, High Lord." Usabhar crosses his arms, defiantly awaiting Wero's response.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-03 at 10:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

No, no. Of course not. he replies coldly. Of course it was not your intention to undermine me as High Lord. But in calling on your god to intervene, my subjects have been wisked away to some place we can only speculate. Without my prior knowledge or expressed permission. The last line is said very bitterly.

Did you know your Couatl friend had asked me to intervene? To do something which would slow, if not halt the advance of the monsters? I believe the specific words were to create a chokepoint. She is far wiser as to my abilities than you are, as such a barrier that would halt and funnel those abominations through a narrow opening is within my capabilities. However you consciously chose for your diety to intervene. You chose to call your God to do what you thought I could not. Did you think me so foolish as to allow my people to remain in such a large cluster if I knew I could not defend them against such a horde? Know this: If I were as much a fool as you think I am we would not be having this conversation, because I KNOW when I am being undermined. It may not have been your intention, but your actions speak in far more convincing voices than your intentions. By your actions the ability for me to defend my subjects has been usurped, and I remain here fighting for an abandoned territory on this accursed Backwater PLANET!!

He pauses for a moment, unfazed by having escalating into a powerful yell.
    However I am not without mercy. Petition your God to have my subjects returned. If not here, than in Eclipsian territory with the knowledge of the name of the world. Then, I may consider being lenient in my sentencing.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-03 at 10:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Well versed in Lord Wero's rants and tempers, Celestica knows she will have to intervene, and quickly, lest the confrontation between Wero and Usabhar escalate further. She quickly tries to catch on to the telepathic thread from the coutl.
    Yes, please, and take us down fast...or those two will end up trying to bash each others head in
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #75

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri looks down below at Usabhar's conversation with Wero. The purple dragon's rather heated argument could easily be heard where Nasiri and her passengers are at. Upon Celestica's request, the couatl gently flies down to drop the elf and aasimar off just a small distance away from the dwarf and dragon. Do not be worry too much elven paladin, Nasiri mentions to Celestica rather confidently. The paragon knows how to take care of himself and to choose which fights to battle and which to avoid.

Over at the argument, Wero's incredible yelling could very well have blown the teal blood right off Usabhar if the dragon tried to do so. Despite the outburst, the dwarf appears utterly unfazed by it all as well. He is well aware he is angering the dragon more than one should and knows it's for the best to listen to the High Lord here. Stubborn as Usabhar is, it doesn't mean he should be stupid. "...Very well High Lord," the dwarf responds in the same tone as before. He bends down on one knee as he begins another prayer; this one is spoken in the Draconic tongue. "Great Keltahkonkmet, hear my call and answer. Let me see those that you have taken under your wing a few minutes past so their ruler and leader may bring them back under his protection."

16. - Top - End - #76

Lord Wero sits silently, awaiting results.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica moves to a position where she could easily step in between the High Lord and the dwarf, if it needs be. Quietly, she addresses Wero.

If the dragon does indeed return your subjects, I think it would be very wise and benevolent of you to just let this one go. Usabhar was only doing what he thought best to prevent even further bloodshed. As well, I dont think an event like the shattering of the entire sky was just a one-off, we quite likely have a major problem on our hands, one that will require us all to work together
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

As Rahja's song ceases, she has to take a deep breath. Pouring so much of herself into her performance is demanding, both to the voice and the heart. There is no doubt she could continue to sing for hours or days, but achieving a rendition genuine enough to lift the hearts like she did towards the end is rather difficult. Ultimately, she wishes she could have giving this performance in times of peace so that violence wouldn't sully what she wanted to convey, but if her music helps to save innocents or even a world, it is not something to lament too much.

Hearing Celestica compliment her on her song like she does, however, seems to genuinely surprise Rahja, the aasimar's eyes widening and her cheeks gaining a rosy color. "I-I... That..." she stammers, words failing the young woman whereas her song flowed from her heart freely. It begs the question why someone like Rahja is seemingly unused to praise. "Thank you. This means a lot to me," she finally says quietly, smiling shyly.

"Thank you, Lady Nasiri, but I will head down myself. Please, forgive me for having burdened you as I did without your permission." Rahja responds to Nasiri telepathically at the same time, sounding like she is only talking with the voice that seems to come from within as she does so.

Suddenly, Rahja's gaze seems unfocussed, like she is listening to a melody only heard by her, her heart skipping a beat. A slight shudder runs through her body, though Rahja seems genuinely serene in this moment. Her wings carry the aasimar gently off the beautiful coatl's back as Rahja turns to both her companions again. "I'll be down shortly."

As Celestica and Nasiri descend, Rahja answers to the voice she had heard. "Shelyn, how can I help?" Rahja's request is genuine. Speaking to Shelyn again after so many years brings true joy to the young woman's heart. She doesn't know an honorary title that would remotely fit Shelyn, too wonderful is the beauty of her entire being. And she doesn't feel like she should worship Shelyn as she has seen other faithful do, fearing she would close her eyes to the goddess of love's true being if she did so. Rahja simply hopes that her genuine affection for the one who gave her her life back, the one who encouraged her to embrace life again, would be strong enough within her heart for Shelyn to see.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-09-04 at 11:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Planes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eternal nods, "At least two deities, Tiamat and Hextor, have been seen in the area. No conversion attempts with the populace so far, thankfully. Erm... What instructions should I send outgoing squads with?"

Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What you witness before you is beyond mere magic or invasion. The planes are wounded, my young friend. Though your arrows have sutured a wound, it will take time for the wound to vanish. Time, that is, or a healer who's already healed a world. Other gods are working as well but I am bound to my home here. As I do what little I can, would you accept the task of healing this world in my stead?"

As Usabhar prays once more for the retrieval of the citizens, the ground around the governor's mansion glows with a brilliant light. Specks of luminous dust, lifting off from the ground, reveal the ghostly outlines of thousands of humanoids standing all around you. It seems that the return will take longer than the sending-off.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-04 at 05:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Zurkar paces around, clearly more fazed by this sudden turn-of-events than the Eternal. He can be heard pacing back and forth, muttering an incoherent string of words in various languages, however a recurring theme from those that can understand some of his ramblings are rather apocalyptic and nihilistic. Despite this he giggles rather frequently.

Eventually he snaps out of the stupor and looks to the Eternal, apparently mentally exhausted.
    Okay look: This is WAY above my pay-grade. I think it's above my father's pay-grade too, but I-I...I think he's the one you want to talk to. One moment I will try to contact him. Hold on this shouldn't take a minute.
    He then just stands there, not visibly doing anything.

GOVERNORS MANSION
    Spoiler
    Show

Apologies Governor but I must find the High Lord immediately.
    On that note the crystalline golem makes a run for the outdoors, trying to find Lord Wero.

OUTSIDE

As Korshim continues happily walking all over the creatures like some kind of giant bubblewrap, Lord Wero Jumps into the sky, hovering 20 ft over the ground, though not in at all a threatening manner. He notices they're slowly reappearing, eventually teleporting back. He muses mentally if they'll end up reappearing inside something. Feeling he'd rather be safe than sorry, Lord Wero already took initiative to take to the air.
    Mmmm, well done. He says in a neutral tone. Truth be told, Lord Wero was already fantacizing the kinds of torturous effects he could apply to Usabhar. But how that he sees them being returned, he's not even mad.

21. - Top - End - #81

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar watches the mansion as the civilians slowly but surely begin to return around it. By what Wero is saying, it seems that the dwarf is off the hook regarding any further yelling from the High Lord. Still, Usabhar is steadfast and stiff, as if expecting a fight to happen at any millisecond at any place in the thousands of worlds that exist. Never for a moment does he even relax, though boredom does eventually come to his mind during long bouts of standing still. He did not see any point in chatting with Wero at this time; the dragon seems content enough as is. Rahja also seems a little busy chatting with... Someone else Usabhar can't see. Instead Usabhar walks up to Celestica, who is surprisingly a foot smaller than the dwarf. "Celestica," he begins quietly, "Pray tell me, how long ago have you met the High Lord? You have not told me much of him before we met again here and I would like to know him better before there is another..." He pauses to turn to Wero for a moment, "...Diplomatic incident."

In the meantime, Nasiri turns her attention away from Usabhar and everyone else to watch the clockwork dragon, Korshim, walk and bounce on the immobile faces, crushing them like bubblewrap. Quietly she flies up to his side where she casually asks, "You are enjoying this, aren't you?" Whether Nasiri uses telepathy or not purely depends on whether the person she is talking with can also speak through telepathy.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Alone up in the sky
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja is stunned. "I-I can..." The revelation that she can literally heal worlds catches her off-guard. True, she had helped restore her beloved Earthmother Dera after the Scourge was destroyed, but Dera is a primordial being, not a landmass. unless... worlds are beings like everyone else. Or... Rahja has become so powerful that she is no longer limited to mending the body and curing the mind.

Still, one thing Rahja knows is that doubting oneself and doing nothing helps no one. Shelyn herself told her she can do it. So Rahja does what she always did in the past. Do what needs to be done with with everything she's got.

"I will," Rahja answers the goddess of love as she rises further towards the scars. Pushing away her doubts, a certain serenity fills Rahja's mind. "And I will heal as many worlds I can." For most of her life, Rahja has devoted herself to the well-being of others, she will not stop now. This isn't just limited to some land or even a world. This time, the entire multiverse is at stake.

Rahja rises further up into the sky, nearing the cracks. Closing her eyes, hovering, Rahja concentrates on the vast life energy within herself, making the young woman glow in a golden light. Softly, she begins to sing again, wreathe her heart in the purest of emotions. Singing has helped her through many dark times, it just makes healing more effortless for her. At first, only a small burst of healing energy comes forth and Rahja observes the effect it has on the scars and the world, judging whether she even needs to be close to the cracks to heal them. Then, as her soft multivocal song reaches a momentous moment, Rahja seemingly becomes a pillar of golden light.

Massive streams of pure life burst forth from her form, seeking to mend the scars, and literally heal the very world around her. Her will does not falter, channelling as much of her power into the spell as she possibly can.

Spoiler
    Show
    First a quick Mass Cure Light Wounds for the purposes outlined above (also observing the cracks with her lifesense and other senses), then Rahja uses her epic healing spell on the scars, which pretty much heals everything (touch range with 2 additional targets within 300ft.). Rahja takes 10 on the Spellcraft check and makes it.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-09-05 at 09:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Lord Wero can't help but wonder if the two are seriously considering talking as if the High Lord isn't there.

For the moment, Korshim completely ignores Nasiri, continuing to bounce merrily along. He then abruptly turns his head towards the Couatl in a pause, listening intently for something. He then finally replies: It is my charge to do as the High Lord and his protege command. Whether or not I enjoy it is irrelevant.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

We met on a mission to a world that should not have existed, and was being threatened by huge mechanical things. Despite the efforts of other members of our group to sell out to devils and other incidents, we managed to save it.
    But in the course of that mission, Hanali made it clear to me that the High Lord was worth saving, worth redeeming, and it became my mission in life to do so. Its not easy But, with every small step we take, with every one less person he browbeats into submission or outright kills, we move forward.
    One thing though, unless your intent is to needle him, dont ever call him by his name Wero. He hates that. If you hear me do it, you'll know Im upset with him.

Anything else Celestica might say is cut short by the dazzling display of light coming from Rahja, which leaves her speechless.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #85

SwashbucklerGuy

Celestica's response to Usabhar left him raising an eyebrow in a surprisingly intimidating way. His mildly angry tone, directed at no one in particular, makes it clear that he is troubled when the elf mentioned about devil. "Signed deals with devils? What madness of a group were both of you in?!" Usabhar looked to Wero mid-sentence, indicating that the dwarf wanted the High Lord's own opinion on... That.

Yet before the dwarf could say anything else, he looks up at Rahja, singing once more. Before her voice was drowned in the thick of battle to Usabhar's ears; now he gets a chance to listen to it freely and it is a beloved song to listen to. The dwarven paragon goes absent-minded for a moment as he hears the aasimar's singing. He has heard Celestica sing and play before but Rahja goes to a level that is beyond comprehensible to the dwarf. For a moment he feels an adrenaline of knowledge sink in, telling him to drive on to learn more about Rahja.

Nasiri meanwhile looks at Rahja while continuing to speak with Korshim. "Hmm, indeed. I do my orders as the paragon asks of me and serve him as loyally as I do Keltahkonkmet. Yet does that mean one just cares for nothing but that? You are sentient, are you not?"

26. - Top - End - #86

Ooooh, nothing much. Simply the "greatest champions of the multiverse" thought it prudent to sell their soul to the devils in exchange for the safety of one man whom was in no danger to begin with, spare the life and soul of Asmodeus' right-hand man... his anger is audibly escalating, though Celestica and Usabhar can tell it won't be directed at them

Attempt to marshal an impromptu angry mob, through mind control, to their deaths by my hands, and drive a vessel into a castle filled with the most powerful devils from Baator save the Archdukes with absolutely no regard for the life of my son whom was onboard....! The High Lord accentuates his frustration by driving a glowing fist straight through a nearby face, the inert abomination's body unable to stop such a powerful force.

Now then, I don't know if I ever told you this...but in all honesty... He looks towards Celestica You and me, and my son of course, we were the only sane ones left. However, I don't know if you are aware, but talking as if someone is not there when they are is considered rude in Eclipsian culture. The Eclipsian Sovereign MIGHT have had a hand in the forming of Eclipsian culture, but it was not through legal means. Though it is not long before he is drawn from his thoughts by the song and his senses detecting an impressive discharge of magical energy coming from where the song is being played. He looks towards it.

Yes, I am sentient, and am as capable of thought and reason as much as my creator or the High Lord. However I am not them. Although I may look the part, and my creation is nothing short of miraculous, I am, nor can I ever be a true dragon. Only Time's irrelevance to me and my ability to reason makes me different from just an automaton, and as such I am duty-bound by my purpose presented to me on my creation to protect and serve the Creator's family.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-05 at 11:33 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

As you can see, we making sure to include the High Lord in her speech have rather strong feelings on the matter. At times, it was not the best of situations. Add in a psychotic doctor and I use the term loosely, who dissected our defeated opponents to determine their abilities, and would arbitrarily graft his dissections onto others, well, it was trying
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #88

Oh no, I actually liked the doctor. He says, contradicting Celestica. While yes, he was...off, but I can hardly say very many bad things about him, and I do owe him for saving my son's life.

29. - Top - End - #89

SwashbucklerGuy

It takes Wero's increasingly escalating anger to get the dwarf to focus but like before, Usabhar is unfazed by it and decides for the best to not mention it. He really could not do anything but look confounded and amazed that Wero and Celestica had gone off on a previous journey where they and Wero's son were the only ones not mad by the end of it. Usabhar would not have stayed with such a group for long; at least here there is solid ground. However the doctor issue is something Usabhar wants to discuss. "Hell of a nightmare your previous journey must have been. Now what about this 'doctor?' You mentioned how he dissects his defeated foes; that is of familiar territory for the dwarves of Sargti." The dwarf begins acting more boastful as he continued. A faint, but proud smile could be shown on his face. "When doable, we researched what we could from the fallen monstrosities of demons and undead. Much knowledge of their weaknesses and vulnerabilities were learned."

The dwarf then shakes his head; his mood becoming gruff and cynical once more. "But what purpose was there in grafting body parts to living beings? I've seen undead use such a practice on each other and all they've had to shown for it was more rotten flesh falling onto the snow." He makes a quick look at Celestica, then to Wero. "Mad does not begin to describe the group you two and the Prince traveled with."

Nasiri casually floats in midair as she continues to watch Korshim stomp each foe like a pie to the face. She had lost things to say to Korshim like the conversation had reached a dead end. In truth she can't argue against Korshim's reason. He is bound to Wero just as she is bound to Usabhar. The difference is that Usabhar is more willing to let Nasiri do her own thing than to follow orders all day. Taking a look at the number of faces left, she looks to Korshim and, in an almost uncanny manner, politely asks, "Would you like me to assist in the elimination of these faces?"

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    "Mad does not begin to describe the group you two and the Prince traveled with."
    I know many languages as easily as I understand the limits of my capabilities. Even with my level of comprehension and awareness, I, too, lack the proper words to describe my erstwhile allies. Were I to speculate their motives I suspect you would provide an insight just as valid, if not more so than mine could be.

Though if memory serves, the dissections discovered not only a creatures' strengths, abilities, and weaknesses but allowed him to gain those abilities.

Well it is your prerogative to join me, though you do appear to be rather...lightweight, no offense.