New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

CELESTICA

Since the Archmagister asked, Celestica takes out her lute and proceeds to play him one of her songs.
    (1d20+82)[85] Sing
    (1d20+80)[91] Stringed Instrument
    Its a song about her homeland of Crystalia and its one that she has taught to Rahja so that she can join in if she wishes. If she does join in, Celestica will duet with her for some time, and then start to dance to the music, letting Rahja's music inspire her steps
    (1d20+82)[84] Dance
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja does not feel like relaxing. Not with all these threats, with so many dying all around. When Celestica starts to showcase her music, the healer at first watches with some unease, clearly feeling her soulmate beckoning her to join in. Eventually, Rahja sits down on a nearby giant root, putting Celestica front and center. Eyes closed, summoning a lute herself, she enters the piece at the exact right moment, her voice and tunes harmonizing effortlessly with her soulmate, uplifting Celestica to entirely new levels. Rahja's heart is not in it, but she can't bring it over herself to give a lackluster performance.

The song of Crystalia soon transitions into another elven song, telling of a dance in a moonlit forest, every note tailored for for Celestica's moves, both women taking cues from one another, despite Rahja having closed her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weave Emotion (joy) and Weave Feelings (optimism) on Celestica, adding (2d20+10)[42] to her perform checks.

Take 10 on perform checks for 157 each.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Sing result now 127
    Instrument result now 133
    Dance result now 126
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Colossus in the Playground

The Archmagister responds to this performance with no shortage of hearty laughter and applause. Needless to say he is entertained. Hahahaha, well done! Well done both of you! Absolutely magnificent! He continues. Definitely one of the best performances i've ever seen, and without a doubt the absolute best use of a Lute possible. Seriously. You make pretty much the entire cast of bardic gods look like rank amateurs. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't ask how you did that.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Hanali has blessed me with no shortage of talent, and working with Rahja seems totally natural. She has a way of bringing out the best in any performance of mine. I don't pretend to understand the spells she uses, but they are most powerful.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

"No spells. I just make music and like most music it brings forth feelings and emotions, that's all."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

As time passes, Rahja once more looks to the giant monolith ticking down... she can't bring herself to allow the root to come to harm, the thought of it being destroyed bringing her great pain, pain obvious to the root. She lets her words be heard by the others as well as the plant. "Archmagister... are you able to stop the destruction of this planet? The root was a mindless, endlessly growing plant before, now it has become a thinking, feeling being, fully in control of itself. Can't we... get the fruit, perhaps fortify the root and send it to another plane where it can live in peace?"

Rahja also asks the root if it can bring the fruit to the surface or clear out a little bit of space around the fruits for them to teleport to, explaining that they would save countless of lives.

Spoiler
    Show
    Posted the above in the interest of hopefully moving on.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Nope. He says bluntly, pausing for a bit. Take as much time as you need, i'll pause the timer. But know this. The arcane being points at Rahja with a finger of magical flame.

The timer won't be stopped. I was promised planetary detonations. EXPLOSIONS!! He suddenly shouts, which dissolves into childlike giggling. And you're all invited. Front-row seats. That's begging the question though. How good are you all- he looks to Zurkar -and the mortal- he looks back to the group at surviving in a vaccuum?

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar takes interest in Celestica's playing, despite all the organization he was doing with the army. As much as he is able to focus, there is just something about the elf's playing that can catch the attention of even the most ignorant being. He could be annoyed at it, but in this instance it is mesmerizing to the dwarf.

When she is done playing, Usabhar goes back to organizing until Rahja brings up the idea of fortifying and halting the plant's destruction. The Archmagister Prime's less-than-helpful response prompts the dwarf to speak up as seriously and gruff as he always tends to be. "The vacuum is nothing of concern for me, and I imagine it is but a minor, solvable problem for the others." He looks at the energy being as he suggests with that seemingly-eternal frown, "But for now we need to protect this thing. You fortify this planet by using your magic to prevent anyone from teleporting in or out. Keep it from being seen by any outside forces in addition. If we are to guard this, we keep it from being known or something that can be reached."

Usabhar speaks as if ordering around, like a general to his men. Usabhar knows nearly nothing about the Archmagister Prime and for that, he is blunt to such people, almost harsh and forceful. Despite it, he never speaks ill to an ally and considers the Archmagister Prime one that Usabhar is glad to have. This is even if the Archmagister Prime is way too manic for the dwarf to consider it sane.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-06-15 at 10:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Y'know...I have to say. Youuu... The entity trails off, pointing at Usabhar You need to lighten up a bit. It's not like it's the end of the world or anything. Jeez. Let me get into character first before you start bossing me around.

The Archmagister looks down with his hands at his side for a brief moment before inexplicably dropping into a military-style salute. YES SIR! He exclaims before a purple aura dances off his hand, onto the planet-root, enveloping it in arcane energies that replaces every shadow and every darkened line with the Archmagister's arcane aura, spreading faster across the plant-scape faster than anything could hope to travel. Within seconds the entire sky turns purple as light reflects off the colored planet-plant, only to fall back to its sickly green as the spell's immediately visible aura subsides.
    Sir, the planet has been warded against all forms of scrying and detection sir! Nothing will teleport within the direct or indirect proximity of the huge plant without the plant knowing about it and having eighteen seconds to prepare sir!

Spoiler
    Show

This is effectively a Permanent Mind Blank and Permanent Greater Anticipate Teleportation
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-06-15 at 11:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

As everyone is already warded against the vacuum: "We have been protected from the vacuum. Blow up what is left of the planet, but not the root. And I'd like to accompany the root once we have the fruit and everything is ready to teleport it to another plane."

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Y'know...I have to say. Youuu... The entity trails off, pointing at Usabhar You need to lighten up a bit. It's not like it's the end of the world or anything. Jeez. Let me get into character first before you start bossing me around.

The Archmagister looks down with his hands at his side for a brief moment before inexplicably dropping into a military-style salute. YES SIR! He exclaims before a purple aura dances off his hand, onto the planet-root, enveloping it in arcane energies that replaces every shadow and every darkened line with the Archmagister's arcane aura, spreading faster across the plant-scape faster than anything could hope to travel. Within seconds the entire sky turns purple as light reflects off the colored planet-plant, only to fall back to its sickly green as the spell's immediately visible aura subsides.
    Sir, the planet has been warded against all forms of scrying and detection sir! Nothing will teleport within the direct or indirect proximity of the huge plant without the plant knowing about it and having eighteen seconds to prepare sir!

Spoiler
    Show

This is effectively a Permanent Mind Blank and Permanent Greater Anticipate Teleportation
    Even as she tries to concentrate on continuing to do her job, vis a vis the fruit, Celestica cannot help but giggle at what the Archmagister is doing
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The roots below you begin to shudder as the world root begins the process of disentangling itself from the planet below. Everything shifts and rearranges as small lumps raise to the surface, roots parting to reveal rich golden orbs two hundred feet in diameter. The fruit, it would seem, is ready.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

"Celestica, get ready." Of course, the fruit end up being much larger than she hoped, again having to turn to the archmagister. "We need to get one fruit to Bytopia and Carceri each. I don't know if making them smaller reduces their power, but that state would make it easier to apply them. Can you help?"

15. - Top - End - #1065

Hmmm... The High Lord muses aloud, oogling the fruits with barely constrained hunger. All this trouble for those two giant golden...things. I wonder what they taste like.

Ppht. Easy. He says rather dismissively, the enormous golden orbs levitating into the air behind unseen power come into view behind him, then with a wave of his flaming hand, the orbs shrink down to a diameter that's just barely larger than Prince Zurkar is long. Not exactly portable size but certainly large enough for the likes of Korshim or the High Lord to carry comfortably.

If ya need to grow them to normal size again for whatever reason, just say this out loud. purple glowing letters appear above his head, spelling out 'RAND IS YOUR GOD.'

And unless they got portals this planet's now officially off the grid as long as this plant's here. I'll chill here and keep the plant company. Maybe even zap a few baddies or two. Hundred. Thousand. Anyways, my defenses will block you too, so if you want more fruit, get Puff the Magic Dragon there to holler my name. He gestures to the High Lord. I'll warp you here. Please bring me something to kill. Just a little one. A deity or two, nothing of any real consequence but something i can get off on.

Now the fruits are Large sized, and hovering in the air ready to be picked up, which the High Lord promptly does, placing them in a bag of holding.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

With the (unspecified number of) fruit stached, Rahja heads to Bytopia and Carceri to crush one fruit each over one of those crystals Celestica has access to there.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Seven fruit on the surface are shrunk, one by one, by Emperor Rand as a large mound forms on the horizon of the plant, through which Celestica can sense the world root intends to eject the planet down below.

Teleporting off with the fruit, it would seem that they are just as potent as their reputation has suggested. Crushing them over the crystals of the sidereals, the gems instantly start to regrow even before your eyes, a bright glow shining from deep within them as the small pockets of reality surrounding them extend outwards, forming lush and idealized mirrors of the surrounding landscape on the plane of origins.

Returning to the root, it has already extricated itself from Solterra, floating a relatively short distance away, providing the perfect combination of a breathable atmosphere and protection from the vacuum to potentially serve as a viewing platform, though it slowly drifts away from the planet of its germination.

(If I've gotten anything wrong in the above, let me know and I'll rewind or edit as appropriate)
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica relies on Rahja to teleport her in turn to each Sidereal that requires healing, performing the action with each fruit. Finally, she allows herself to hope that they are moving towards to a solution for the problems of the multiverse.
    Celestica may have lived for over 200 years, but she still can have some child like qualities, and they show up after she is done with her duties to the gems. She seems eager to get back to the plant and its viewing platform, she wants to see the planet explode as much as the next person, likening it to a fireworks display of unimaginable proportions.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #1069

((Any fruits remaining perchance or were they all consumed?))

Wooow, that was fast. The Archmagister comments on their rather swift completion through an unseen voice, apparently already keen on the fact that apparently he'll only respond to the High Lord saying his name. And aware of the fact that he'll be remarkably stubborn on the whole "never saying anyone's name" thing, much to Celestica's chargin. I'm in a good mood now. So if ya wanna see a planet explode Just say "warp" and i'll poof ya here. You'll have to wait a bit since me and Oh...ohma...odi....Orichalcum...we're working to evacuate the planet. Shouldn't take long, but feel free to hang out.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

(We should still have 5 left. And please don't eat any of them.)

Watching the sidereals recover (and feeling it through Celestica) are wonderful moments for Rahja, even with Carceri being one of the planes healed. She can only hope to one day being able to even slightly approach that power, her own mercilessly dwarfed by the fruit.

Rahja doesn't care about the fireworks as she waits. The evacuation is what concerns her more.

21. - Top - End - #1071

SwashbucklerGuy

While Rahja and Celestica work to restore the planes with the world tree's roots, Usabhar stayed vigilantly to keep watch on the plant that had now been moving slowly away from the deceased Solterra. With it away, it keeps it from not being in the explosion that will inevitably come. The dwarf has no interest in watching an extreme variation of fireworks even if it will come as the cost of no lives. There is much he had to ask the Archmagister Prime, or Rand, whichever his name really is.

For a time, Usabhar and a small group of dragons head down to assist in the evacuation. He strength lets him easily carry all manner of people and creatures with reasonable ease. He makes no time in showing off either; the critical importance of protecting lives always takes priority for him. A moment when he and the Archmagister Prime are in speaking range, the dwarf calls out to speak to him. "And why do you seem so appeased to the destruction of a planet?" His voice, as before, is blunt and harsh. It carries a sense of disapproval without any sort of aggression. "This planet, while dead, still exists. It is almost enough of a death world as my own land, one that can still be re-cultivated with enough determination. Does it's waste of a destruction enlighten you so fondly?"

If nothing else, Usabhar simply wants to believe in the idea that anything can be brought back to fruition. Kulomen has been worked on by Sargti for over two hundred years not just because it was the only place to be, but also out of a belief that it can be resurrected. Such an beliefs embodies Usabhar much like the other dwarven ideals and it can be seen and sensed quite thoroughly by any non-ignorant being.

Spoiler
    Show
    Helping with the evacuation for the sake of saving/protecting others from the coming explosion. Oh, and to talk to Rand

Lifting shouldn't be a problem for Usabhar as he is, so feel free if you want to imagine him holding and carrying things way larger than his size
    Last edited by Starsign; 2013-06-20 at 03:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1072

This planet's dead. I mean really. Look at it. He says, pointing to the sickly green sky, from which only the World Root can grow. You were here before me, so you're the one to ask. What did you see, a verdant wasteland of a death-world where all manner of toxic flora and fauna thrived in their own virulent mockery of an ecosystem, or a barren wasteland devoid of all manner of life? A simple hunk of rock floating around the void surrounded by a toxic atmosphere? I'm sorry, I really shouldn't judge. He says, backtracking. I'm sure to them, our worlds' ecosystems are equally as toxic. But I digress.

Your world is near-death, but slowly being nursed back to health. My world is alive and thriving, though nursing a virulent disease that has spread to a good 84 other worlds. Whether or not my world is killed again by it will depend largely on you and how you play your role in the events to come. Actually no, I lied. My world will survive, but whether or not it will see rot or renaissance is to be determined.

Point is, look. This world's dead. No, less than that. To say it's dead is to assume it was ever alive. Nothing is to be lost or gained from this world's destruction and nothing will mourn it. Besides, I just like big explosions. It's not very often I get to blow of a planet y'know?

The High Lord and Prince Zurkar are teleported right behind the Archmagister. Oh hai.
    So when can I expect some fireworks?
    Oooh, shouldn't take more than an hour. And only if we're really really slow. Speaking of slow, have any of you seen Orichalcum? I can't see to find him anywhere.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The evacuation passes smoothly as any beings remaining on Solterra are whisked away onto the root. As soon as the hour passes, the explosion is set to go off. For once, it seems that everything is going to go off without a snag.

Not counting the snags you have already faced.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Next on the agenda is transporting the root to where it can live in peace, saying farewell to it (though promising to come by and visit at times, feeling responsible for it to a certain degree) and some time to find some rest, Rahja's ressources having been taxed a lot during this ordeal. Of course, they will have to contact Ehlonna first and they might as well go to the Meeting Grounds for that when the work on the root is done. Hence Rahja readies herself to do just that.

25. - Top - End - #1075

SwashbucklerGuy

As the time goes by, Usabhar focuses on the evacuation until everyone is safe from the coming explosion. From there the dwarf keeps his eyes on the army and continues coordinating them, untiring all the while. A simple, 24-hour day is nothing for him; he has been in battles that have been much longer and more brutal than this. If ever such a time came forced upon him for the benefit of his kind, Usabhar would fight a neverending battle of iron and strength. For now though, there is this situation. It seems to be almost over but the dwarf always expects something unfortunate as it always has been. His kingdom has been given dire luck from the moment it was built; he isn't expecting that to change for him.

Of what else that has been happening however is Usabhar's argument with the Archmagister Prime. More stubborn than a god of oxes, the dwarf kept insisting and trying to explain how life could be given back to the planet. Their long conversation had gotten them both nowhere for reaching a new solution. It does give the dwarf a bit more insight on the Archmagister Prime, in the sense that the arcane being is a lot more than simply up in the clouds. The moment there is a good point to change the subject, Usabhar asks, "How is it that you are so manic? You should know much of the universe and it's dire times; how can you look at it and laugh so merrily than to face it with the grimness that bounds us?" The dwarf can hardly predict how the Archmagister Prime will respond; the being has the kind of impossible-to-manipulable mind that Usabhar does not want to ever face in an actual fight.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Ah, the tip of the iceberg. The crux of the issue. The action sequence of a waste of a theater ticket. The convergence of converging stuff. The thing where you put everything together. Do you have a pie-crust? Your face is dangerously low on things having been thrown on it. he muses with no shortage of the mania Usabhar has come to expect from the arcane being.

Well if you want to know what I think, check it. This is child's play! It's nothing! He says with no shortage of rather misplaced enthusiasm. Lemme tell ya something. I'm five thousand years old. I've seen and heard things far, far scarier than the multiverse falling apart. Or reconfiguring, I dunno. I mean, the guy that killed me and made me what I am today...heh. That's a story for another time. Still, let's just say that even today, where i'm at least ten thousand times more powerful than I was then...I still don't think i'd last a second against them.

But I digress. Over the years I began to notice a pattern. Everything. All of existence. It's all the machinations of a progressively higher being whose sole purpose for creating conflict among us "lower beings" is for their own amusement. Get it? It's all one great joke. Not one they share with us, mind you. But if you aren't laughing, then you will. You'll learn to appreciate it soon enough. Mortals ascended to Godhood learn appreciate it better, I think.

27. - Top - End - #1077

SwashbucklerGuy

Though as difficult-to-understand as the Archmagister Prime is, Usabhar does understand the meaning and explanation behind the arcane being's response. He didn't like to hear the idea of being "used" for the entertainment of higher beings, though he finds it almost strikingly believable. The enemies he has fought are great, but they were all commanded by someone higher up, someone greater. To think that they'd use their minions simply for a show would not surprise Usabhar. "So then you think of it like a game for the gods, one they can watch with glee." He sounds understated with his prior tone before speaking back once more with confidence. "But that cannot be the truth. Existence is not just some form of 'entertainment' that we live by. People have been given it for greater reasons. I exist not to satisfy the 'amusement' of great Keltahkonkmet, but to lead and protect my kind. Other people have been born for achievements they may or may not know. We live for greater things, not to breed conflict." His firm stance on the matter once more will show that the two may not get anywhere on this subject.

At a point in the conversation, Usabhar is reminded of Nasiri, who had been in Kulomen for a good deal of time now. Unless she had been horribly slacking off, she should have something of value by this point. By the point it is apparent that the prior conversation has hit a stone wall, the dwarf speaks up to ask the Archmagister Prime something different. "Hmm, Nasiri has been a good time gone now. Had she found a way back, she would have taken it now." It doesn't come to Usabhar's mind that maybe he should have asked Nasiri about going before sending her off. He believes though that she can take care of herself in Kulomen, so he expresses no visible worry for her. "Archmagister Prime, bring her back to Solterra for me. Your... magic should make it trivial to do and I imagine she would not want to miss the..." He looks out to the planet, "Explosion either."

28. - Top - End - #1078

We DO live for greater things! Don't mistake me, i'm not saying our existences are trivial and meaningless. You'll hear a bunch of people walking around going "oh there's no such thing as free will!" He waves his hands around in the air for emphasis. They're full of it. There is. But I digress. I do that a lot by the way, digressing. I dunno if you noticed.

You are going to understand soon enough though. You'll protect and guide your people no matter what state of being you exist in. Because...I dunno. You strike me as the "protect and guide your people no matter what state of being you exist in" kinda guy, but what do I know, i'm a horrendous judge of character. Those whom by subtle influence you guide were you at one point. Never forget that. You must've figured out by now there are states of being beyond immortality. If you don't think they're getting bored, oooh man.
    The Archmagister shakes his head. Then i'd have to turn you into a fish so I can slap you with it. The fish, I mean. Who do you think is even higher up than that, pulling THEIR strings through means even I can't begin to fathom?

Also...
    He trails off yet again. Does he really have "Konk" in his name? The arcane being says this while waving his hand, conjuring Nasiri in a burst of violet light. An experience that may have been a bit jarring for the Couatl.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

When the explosion finally arrives, it is all the spectacle that it was imagined to be. Unfortunately, without a molten core to set off, it is Rand's magical accompaniment that comprises most of the spectacle.

The first loud crack, undoubtedly stretching through the vacuum with arcane assistance, is accompanied by blasts of compressed air launching out through the planet's surface, sending forth colossal geysers of sand visible even from orbit. The planet shakes with what it undoutedly a tremendous earthquake, a shaking visible even from afar as the air shoots out ever faster.

Soon, the entirety of the desert is floating up above the surface, sandy clouds suspended by blasts of air from every hole in the surface that the worldroot had left behind. Through small holes in these clouds, you can see the world of pockmarked stone down below, cracking as the clouds quiver and shift.

At last, the planet almost seems to crumble into pieces, continent-sized hunks of rock floating in a thick mess where the planet once stood, an aurora of glittering sand filling the gaps between them like the rings of a distant world.

No sooner do you pick up a second source of light among the wreckage, a faint green glow from deep within the rocks, than the explosions truly start. With bursts of green fire resembling fireworks on the night sky, the remaining stones explode, first into nation-sized chunks, then into simply large meteorites, and finally into mere space debris. that scatters as far as the eye can see. These explosions, aided in providing sound as the initial crack, rouse what sentient troops you possess from vacant awe to excitement.

The destruction of Solterra, for better or worse, was truly a thing to remember.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2013-06-26 at 12:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

With an almost child like glee, Celestica applauds the display wildly, even trying to get Rahja to appreciate it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks