New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,493 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Wero, weaving between the insects, takes (10d10)[58] damage (overcomes his DR)

Usabhar, meanwhile, charges through the entire swarm with nary a mark upon him.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja is a streak of light as her shining wings illuminate the tunnel down into the moon, weaving her songs and spinning in the air as if to paint simple yet elegant works of art into the very air. Usabhar and Wero cannot tell, a bit too far away and concerned more with getting through the swarm, but Celestica, simply running down the side of the tunnel beside Rahja, knows that her soulmate is... enjoying herself. Letting herself plummet into the moon, sheer inspiration driving every word of her song, the menace to an entire world soon ending and the enemy focused entirely on the group, not helpless innocents. She so wants this to end well for them and this world, sick of being on the defensive all the time, so her mind throws caution to the wind, set to make it happen. The healing magic thrown upwards is like an added lightshow to this surreal event, creating beauty regardless of all the circumstances.

Even if Usabhar and Wero will consider it just a minor, unnecessary detail, Rahja knows this is a moment that will be remembered by her and her soulmate.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    MCLW for good measure (CCW with one of my immediate heals if necessary) to top everyone off again. Look at my last post for whatever bonuses you people get.

Also, since Celestica is so damn fast and takes no damage from falls while near a wall, I'm totally interpreting that as running down the wall. Because Celestica is awesome like that.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Finding himself tearing through insects while entering the horde, Usabhar looks back to see the swarm slowly entering in. This wasn't going to work if it was just half of the swarm trapped in; it has to be all or nothing if this is going to work. The dwarf, last to arrive of the four, chooses to 'fall' as slow as gravity allows him to, slashing and stabbing away at the swarm as it draws further inward. If nothing else he will slash away at whatever insects he can until every single one has arrived inside the moon.

Show
    Short post but I figured this part didn't need one from me. Will be attacking while, presumably, in freefall Will save Godking actions in case someone else needs them. No maneuvers this turn, feel like they're not all that needed considering our plan.

EDIT: Made an error with some rolls. Rest of the damage rolls and total damage here

Spoiler: Lance Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+88)[107] (1d20+88)[108] (1d20+88)[93]
    (1d20+83)[99] (1d20+83)[87] (1d20+83)[88]
    (1d20+78)[84] (1d20+78)[90] (1d20+78)[85]
    (1d20+73)[84] (1d20+73)[74] (1d20+73)[81]

Spoiler: Greataxe Attacks
    Show
    (1d20+88)[93] (1d20+88)[107] (1d20+88)[104]
    (1d20+83)[96] (1d20+83)[89] (1d20+83)[102]
    (1d20+78)[92] (1d20+78)[96] (1d20+78)[79]
    (1d20+73)[74] (1d20+73)[88] (1d20+73)[84]

Spoiler: Lance Damage
    Show
    [roll]1d8+43[roll] + (10d6)[33]
    [roll]1d8+43[roll] + (5d6)[14]
    [roll]1d8+43[roll] + (5d6)[20]
    [roll]1d8+43[roll] + (5d6)[22]

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    [roll]1d12+43[roll] + (10d6)[36]
    [roll]1d12+43[roll] + (5d6)[15]
    [roll]1d12+43[roll] + (5d6)[15]
    [roll]1d12+43[roll] + (5d6)[18]

Last edited by Starsign; 2013-10-05 at 04:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Colossus in the Playground

The High Lord dodges and weaves expertly. Even so, he can feel innumerable bugs tearing away at his flesh. An affliction that would be devastating to lesser creatures but to him, a surface nuisance. His hands still ablaze with his indigo aura, the dragon turns and unleashes a flurry of magical bolts, nothing larger than needles shooting out in rapid succession from his hands, but its results create a massive cascade of devastating explosions throughout the swarm both in and around the entrance, though they explode as though careful not to accidentally widen the entrance itself.

Spoiler: Explosive Crescendo
    Show

Move Action: Hustle another 1280 ft in midair backwards

Standard Action: Maximized Time Stands Still
    Round 1 to 5:
    Intensified Untyped Twin Delayed Fireball
    Multispell 1 (during Time Stands Still) Intensified Untyped Twin Delayed Fireball
    Multispell 2 (during Time Stands Still) Intensified Untyped Twin Delayed Fireball

Multispell 1: Greater Arcane Fusion
    Maximized Twin Repeat Untyped Fireball
    Intensified Intensified Untyped Twin Repeat Fireball

Multispell 2: Greater Arcane Fusion
    Maximized Twin Repeat Untyped Fireball
    Intensified Intensified Untyped Twin Repeat Fireball

Damage Total: 6480 Untyped, 1080 Untyped next round

And the Wall of Fire from before is still in effect.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica is glad her soulmate considers her display awesome, and adds a few flips and flourishes to her escape, using the wall to slow her fall as needed. She doesn't bother to launch any more attacks, the swarm is doing what the group wants and her role is now to take the group out of the moon after they get them all in.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Swarm finally halts its movement into the moon as it is fully collected within. Rather than attack at once, however, the swarm seems to need some time to recollect itself and regain form, a process made no easier by the endless blasts from Wero or Usabhar's constant strikes. At last, however, the face manages to reform some semblence of definition as it looks from target to target, rage clearly displayed on its features.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

7. - Top - End - #1477

You're finished, destroyer of worlds. This is for you, my dear General. With a bittersweet, and somewhat mocking salute, the dragon vanishes in a flash of indigo light, only to reappear directly above the hole. Sweeping his hand across it a sheet of indestructible Force covers the top of the ongoing Wall of Energy, further reinforced by an extremely thick rock wall to seal the hole permanently.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Multispell 1 (before Standard Action :P ): Greater Teleport to the hole
    Standard Action: Wall of Force SLA to seal the hole shut
    Multispell 2: Twin Wall of Stone to cover the hole again with a more permanent, lasting seal.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja puts her arm around Celestica's waist and moves to grasp Usabhar before disappearing from sight as well, reappearing with them on the moon, her aura fully activated once more. Beginning a duet with her soulmate, Celestica's connection to the moon's heart and Rahja's aura work in tandem as the healer embraces the elven maiden.

Show
    And for good measure:

Move Usabhar's weaves onto Rahja.

Perform (sing) (3d20+147)[3][5][2](157)

If Celestica wants to roll, remember the 3d20 and the +10 overcharge bonus.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica sings with her soulmate, calling on her connection to the moon's heart to transform itself to earth and then for the moon itself to collapse inward, just enough to crush the swarm

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20+90)[128] Perform
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #1480

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar lets himself be grabbed and teleported away by Rahja as the final moments of the plan come into play. As someone known for martial power rather than magic or performance, Usabhar finds little that he can do to assist in what has already been achieved by Wero, Celestica, and Rahja. Instead he makes a silent prayer to his god Keltahkonkmet. He prays to the god to, if nothing else, come and see this end to a great battle. The dwarf believes in everything that the other three allies have done in trapping and crushing the swarm but also seeks the desire for the great silver dragon to watch on and, if he can, give out a final approval for the day. Whether that makes through or not, Usabhar is now sure that he has done all he can to make this plan work.

Show
    Just fluffing another prayer without making any uses of Miracle. (since I don't really have any) Not much I can help out, so I'm letting the other PCs take it away.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Locked behind a wall of force, The swarm can only scream in impotent rage as nature reclaims the interior of the world, smashing the swarm out of its form and forcing it to compact further and further until there are screams no longer.

All is calm on the surface of the moon, much as on the surface of Emanacal. The day has been won.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

With the day won, Celestica can only continue in song, and even adds in a dance, a celebratory one. Total victory is still a long way off, but each victory needs to be celebrated.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20+90)[121] sing
    (3d20+90)[119] dance

Now I'm beginning to lose track of the days, when was the fairie ball scheduled for?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #1483

The day is clearly won and the threat this monstrosity brought to Emanacal and his Empire are no more, yet none of these facts bring any sort of comfort and resolution to Lord Wero. Rather, he sits silently, visibly saddened, probably at the implied loss of the General. He is like this for several moments, stopping intermittently to glare bitterly at Celestica for her terribly insensitive display.

Not one for letting loss lead to inaction, Lord Wero eventually resolves to the assumption that death is merely a problem to be solved. Calling on his power, the dragon summons a large portal from which he can hope to gain insight into the whereabouts of General Yoweth or...her corpse. Or anything, even if he's not entirely sure he'll like what he sees.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero uses Limited Wish (through True Arcanist so it's a [Su] Effect) to cast Scrying on Yoweth. He's familiar so it'll impose a -5 to a will save if it's somehow resisted.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Though magic has been restored to Emanacal, Wero's spell fails to activate at all.

15. - Top - End - #1485

Confused, Lord Wero fires a spread of five magic missiles into the air, aimed at no particular target, just to see if they will manifest.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The magic missiles manifest normally.

17. - Top - End - #1487

In a rather abrupt display, Lord Wero seems to instantaneously vanish and reappear right in front of Rahja, yet no flash of indigo light is visible to indicate a teleport. However judging by the all-too-familiar snarl of the dragon he's certainly angry about something. I must know the wherabouts of my daughter, dead or alive. Can you help me?

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, Rahja loves seeing her soulmate happy, but on the other, she feels bad for Wero, his current motivation all too understandable. "I'll try. Give me a moment." Putting her hands together, not as if praying, but as if holding something very precious, Rahja centers herself. Something as heavy-duty as a limited wish did not help, so she will have to ask the gods so a family can be brought together once more.

Show
    Rahja asks for the whereabouts of Wero's missing daughter via Miracle.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Though Rahja produces the proper somatic and verbal components, nothing at all seems to come of the casting.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja looks a bit confused. "...Nothing happened. Not even a sign of whether something went wrong with the spell. I am not sure if something is blocking my magic or if... there was nothing to be looked for anymore." They might have their differences, but Rahja's words are genuine, feeling awful for not being able to help. "I am really sorry."

21. - Top - End - #1491

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar finally puts his weapons on the strap at his back as the four get out of the core and promptly crush the draconic head within it's own moon. What a horrible death to suffer, even when it comes to something that deserves it. The dwarf finds no reason to argue about it however; this method did remove their foe without any severe losses. That alone is enough for Usabhar. His plans now are simple, meet back up with Nasiri and then head back to his kingdom. Usabhar has been gone far too long from Sargti for his liking. Even if his kind believes in his eventual return, the dwarven paragon always feels that his kingdom is much weaker without him despite Kulomen having among the greatest martial warriors anyone could know of.

There was the factor of Wero and his lost daughter. Seems that the words of the sphere has finally come to light and not to the most wonderful of ways. If neither of Wero or Rahja can find Yoweth now, it's likely she's already passed on or simply in a place far from the universe the four know of. Usabhar could speak many things to Wero and try and put some sense into the High Lord. The dwarf sees no point however. Wero is so clearly overcome by rage because his protective attitude for his family; there was clearly no convincing the dragon in anything right now.

For now, Usabhar simply shows indifference as he looks away from the others. He looks out in the distance with his grim look, simply choosing to listen in on Wero's next plan before the dwarf decides to take his leave

22. - Top - End - #1492

Lord Wero looks away, pacing for a few moments intensely, his mind ablaze with many emotions as he attempts to rationalize this loss as a problem to be solved, each thought progressively becoming crazier and crazier. No. He says in simple reply to the healer. Although he can give it, when it comes to solving the problem of the Lord General's loss, he will not accept "no" for an answer!

Beyond your ability to find, perhaps. Not beyond mine. I WILL find her.

For now it's just a matter of how.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thread II

Yeah, no fancy sub-header. As the last group in the thing, one isn't really needed anymore.