New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

With little time to spare, Lord Wero begins the flight towards the crack, his mind already settled on the spell. He knows he can use it, and he doesn't doubt he can cast it or its effectiveness, but he knows casting another of a certain Archmagister Prime's signature spells will cause problems. Of all those the High Lord has ever met, the Archmagister is one of the few beings he truly fears. A spellcaster of abilities beyond all calculable measure, leagues above the High Lord himself in arcane ability. To his knowledge he has been amongst Emanacal for longer than the High Lord has lived. He knows that if he wanted to, the Archmagister could take over, or even annihilate the Empire, but so far has shown no desire to, and has been little more than a complete annoyance at times.

However, dealing with the Archmagister Prime will have to wait. Right now there is a world that needs saving. Flying at full speed, he twists his head at an odd angle, watching his advance from his peripheral vision. He cups one hand, placing the side of it across his breast, and putting the other on top of it. Already he is glowing with violet energy, the dragon as a whole appears enveloped inside a miniature, purple sun. Impossible amounts of arcane energy are being generated, and condensed into one violent strike.
    Galick...

Once he is confident he is within firing range, he throws everything out, leaving a great beam of violet energy erupting forth from his hands in a truly brilliant display of raw arcane might.
    GUUUUUUN!!

Both Prince Zurkar and his Praetorian follow, though only the latter is able to match the High Lord's sheer speed. By the time the Prince arrives, Korshim has already called forth a blast of destructive energies from his wand* onto the crack to join the High Lord's efforts. Not deterred, Prince Zurkar thinks to his father, and is able to reach out and grab a staff, surrounding himself with great spheres of energy that erupt forth at the crack

Spoiler
    Show

And in the reaction round using the remainder of my actions

Lord Wero

Full Round Action: Full speed towards the crack (2560 ft)

Free Action: Maximized Time Stop (5 rounds)

Time Stop Round One
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action
    Maximized (2) Delayed (2) Twin (2) Untyped (1) Repeating (2) Orb of Fire

Free Action:

Free Action:

Delays are 5 rounds

Time Stop Round Two
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action

Free Action:

Free Action:

Delays are 4 rounds

Time Stop Round Three
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action

Free Action:

Free Action:

Delays are 3 rounds

((And follow this pattern for the remaining rounds, and yes I did refluff this spell's effect. Say goodbye to 15 5th level slots :P))

Under the effects of Live the Legend damage will double and orbs autohit

Use Absolute Authority to give Prince Zurkar an additional Move and Standard Action respectively

Prince Zurkar

Full Round Action: Move at full speed (2320)

additional move action: Pull out Staff of the Stars Falling

additional Standard Action: Cast Maximized Twin Orb of Force from Staff
    Damage (60) is doubled from Live the Legend and autohits

Korshim

Swift Action: Greater Overclock to grant self additional standard and move action

Full Round Action: Full Speed (1920 ft)

Additional Move Action: Normal Speed to close to Lord Wero (top: 480 ft)

Additional Standard Action: Cast Disintegrate

Double damage Live the Legend, autohit

Damage Roll
    (40d6)[135]
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

With nothing else there to do, Rahja channels efforts into another performance, aiming her bow high again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inspire Courage and Live the Legend

Full attack like before
    (3d10+147)[164] + 30 sonic
    (3d10+147)[159] + 30 sonic
    (3d10+147)[168] + 30 sonic
    (3d10+147)[161] + 30 sonic

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Unleashing untold degrees of arcane might ring out as Wero Launches up at the cracks, unleashing such vast quantities of power, that the rift is torn wide open, revealing a view of the normal blue sky beyond. The vast hole, about 30 feet in diameter, is quickly closing as the ripples in space continue moving towards you. Rahja's arrows widen the hole to a full 40 feet and Nasiri manages to widen it a bit further through disintegration, but they seem to be closing at a rate of around a foot per second.

Celestica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running through the forest, you become aware of an odd sensation. Though you're certain that you are running forwards and making progress, you can feel your body slipping backwards. You can feel your body sliding backwards through a thick sludge as you continue running, can feel your body sinking, falling. The clearing with Crystalia should be around the next corner... just a little bit further...

You fall back a good five feet to the rocky ground below, emerging from the mess of muck and finding yourself staring up at a quickly shrinking sphere of quicksilver floating in mid-air. All around you, mouths seem to rest on every surface, apparently dead. Villagers, both dead and unconscious, rest around them as several smaller spheres shrink in the distance.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #154

Breaking his own rule, the High Lord utters a single command. One to overwhelm all other and ensure final victory.
    FIRE EVERTHING!!
    For his part, the High Lord fires off a flurry of energy, sickly green lightning arcing from his hands at the hole, hoping to reverse the damage. Prince Zurkar and Korshim following suit with their respective attacks

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero

Standard Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion
    1) Intensified (6) Twin (2) Disintegrate
    2) Intensified (6) Twin (2) Orb of Fire

Free Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion

Free Action:
    Greater Arcane Fusion

rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

First twin set is Disintegrate, then Orb of Fire, then repeating.
    (1d20+54)[66]
    (1d20+54)[64]

(1d20+54)[63]
    (1d20+54)[69]

(1d20+54)[59]
    (1d20+54)[60]

(1d20+54)[62]
    (1d20+54)[55]

(1d20+54)[66]
    (1d20+54)[69]

(1d20+54)[57]
    (1d20+54)[69]

Absolute Authority: Give Prince Zurkar a Standard Action

Prince Zurkar

Standard Action 1:
    Cast Twin Maximize Repeating Orb of Force from Staff (4 charges)

(1d20+34)[44]
    (1d20+34)[54]

Standard Action 2:
    Use Breath Weapon on hole
    (29d6)[113]

Korshim

Standard Action:
    Repeat Disintegrate (4 charges)

(1d20+42)[48]
    (40d6)[148]

Swift Action: Moderate Overclock to grant self Standard Action

Standard Action 2: Steam Breath weapon
    (24d6)[82] fire damage

edit: Note my mini-nova from the previous round is Repeating. So...
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-13 at 02:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing progress, Rahja keeps on firing, empowered by the last moments of her performance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Live the Legend ends after Rahja's action. Maintains Inspire Courage.

Full attack as before (30 sonic damage each included)
    (3d10+177)[196]
    (3d10+177)[203]
    (3d10+177)[190]
    (3d10+177)[201]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Spoiler
    Show
    Celestica is torn between her desire to help the villagers, and her desire to return to the bigger picture. Shes not even sure if the quicksilver would provide a way out, but its got to mean something. For just a moment she laments the fact that paladins have no spells to divine the future, but that wont get her anywhere. Deciding that this world might not even be real but some strange form of dream, she makes her choice. She leaps as high as she can, trying to jump into the quicksilver
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking up at the skies, Usabhar watches stoically as Wero unleashes an arcane blast unlike anything the dwarf has ever seen before. Though he looks unimpressed, the dwarf is nothing but astounded to the highest degree as he watches the sky cleave apart. Usabhar however is unable to do anything on the ground so instead he turns his attention to looking for any sort of hints, clues, or ideas as to what happened here.

Nasiri on the other hand is unable to contain her enthusiasm as she... Gleefully watches Wero's blast. She is fascinated by such arcane abilities like that of a student of magic. At Wero's call, she quickly flies with the other dragons as she calls forth two white arcane balls of energy that circle her. A moment later the first one blasts a ray of disintegration at the skies with everyone else. To pierce the skies and break through, that's her plan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nasiri casts Disintegrate with Repeat Metamagic.
    Damage, doubled due to Live the Legend: (80d6)[277]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Celestica, leaping up through the quicksilver, finds herself on Ugor... arguably. What she sees is a rough combination of the past two places she's been. The bodies, the mouths, the orbs of quicksilver... all of them are exactly where she had just seen them (although the bodies are notably human). The architecture, however, completely matches that the abandoned town you'd left. From the sphere of quicksilver up above you, you can hear Wero let out a terrific shout as a salvo of attacks shatters open the upper half of the sphere.

Those who had just shattered their way out can see that they were apparently floating in some shrinking sphere of a material reminiscent of quicksilver, of which there are several across the landscape. Disembodied mouths litter the ground and landscape, all of which appear unmoving and lifeless. Citizens rest unconscious in town (matching the town you'd seen in the sphere almost perfectly). Up above, the sky is clear and free from cracks and the same cryptic message hangs in the sky, this time burning with divine fire. You can almost hear discordant whispers leak out of the ruined hemisphere you stand on as it continues to shrink.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

As she peers through the opening crack, Rahja realizes what is going on. Namely, that they are in a fake world that is rapidly shrinking. It seems her spell did work after all, but just not the same way as before. "Everyone, through the crack!" Not wasting any time, Rahja teleports down to Usabhar, touching his arm, teleports him up onto Nasiri's back, touches both and teleports herself and the two outside into the real world. The letters are in the sky again, with Rahja examining them once again. However, quickly after, she spots Celestica down below, unharmed.

Again, Rahja winks out of existance, only to appear a few steps away from the elven maiden. The young aasimar quickly closes the distance, falls to her knees and tightly embraces the smaller woman with great relief. Rahja doesn't care she is seen as immature. She just cherishes the friends she has too much. "I'm so glad you are alright."

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, take 10 on all knowledge checks, as well as spellcraft.

With the Overcharge bonus, that results in the following:
    Arcana, Planes, Relgion: 74
    Other knowledge skills: 45
    Spellcraft: 64

10. - Top - End - #160

The dragon trio fly out of the half-a-sphere, and watch as the other spheres appear to shrink off. The High Lord looks up at the message that his companions are physically incapable of perceiving, eventually realizing that he has to go to the fabled Common Grounds. Though no mortal has ever stumbled upon the alleged center of the astral plane, he figures that some have found it when directly searching for it. Furthermore, he knows that if the cards are played right, he can ask Tiamat or Hextor for help.

First thing's first though. Clear everything up. It seems to be doing that itself though. Damn truenamers. At least their deaths undid everything, and it would be fascinating to see a world die from the outside.

However, he feels annoyed for not knowing this sooner, as he can't help but wonder what sort of unwanted attention his little display of magic has attracted. Especially since it's only a fraction of what he's truly capable of.

This world is saved. Lord Wero says with a bit of callous disdain, barely worried whether or not the people themselves are okay.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-14 at 06:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica embraces Rahja in return I think Im okay, although I have no idea of what we are going through. I found myself back in Crystalia, although it was only a dream. Maybe you can explain things to me. Celestica is dangerous in battle and strong in the faith of Hanali, but things arcane and magical tend to elude her, she's only had so much time to study things in the world and these sorts of areas just didnt get the attention.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #162

If I may... The Purple Dragon interrupts. Although its phrased as a request, Celestica knows better.
    The world in which we entered was a false one created by an incursion of remarkably powerful Truenamers. When she... He glances to Rahja Used her powers to heal the crack, it was successful, however because the world we were in was fake, we could not tell. Furthermore, it was their truenaming that kept the world intact, and when they died it began to collapse, though I was able to break us out. He puts a bit too much emphasis on his contribution.

As for your return to...Crystalia was it? Perhaps you somehow fell out of the faux world, and into another one that the Incursion created. From our perspective completely blinking out of existance. Perhaps you simply mistook Uxor for Crystalia. Although your guess is as good as mine, I cannot believe you dreamnt it. That suggests you were unconscious, and I think it would take more than being torn between worlds to even make you tired.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-14 at 10:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja releases Celestica after a short while, standing up again and sending a quick wave of healing magic through everyone around her. Also, she weaves healing magic into her allies' very beings, to aid them when they need it most.

"Crystalia? Is that your home world?" Rahja asks, curious. Then, quietly, she adds "Maybe we could go there one day. I'd love to see it and it is just a step away for me." While the others are busy, Rahja proceeds to examine and heal the unconscious people around her. "High Lord, what about these people? Will you send aid to them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahja heals everyone to renew the Overcharge and puts 2x cure critical wounds as preventative measures onto everyone. Each spell cures 14d8+170 HP and is set to trigger whenever the character has lost 150HP or more.

@Mikela: One of Rahja's zen spheres allows her to sense what troubles beings that are not immune to mind-affecting. Does anything trouble Celestica right now or when she talked about Crystalia?
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-09-15 at 02:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

I cannot spend my resources to do for my subjects what they can just as easily do for themselves. If they truly need it, the Planetary Lord of Uxor can petition me. Until then this is the jurisdiction of my governors. Lord Wero shudders at the thought of his governors dying. It's such a pain to appoint governors, as good gubernatorial candidates are not always readily available. While all governorships are, at first, initially directly appointed by the High Lord, the rules of succession fall to the jurisdiction of the governors themselves. The High Lord really hopes that if not all of his governors survive, that those that don't have a clear successor already chosen, and living.

We should be leaving soon. Aegun is the other world under threat, correct?
    Yep. The Gatekeeper chirps.
    Aegun is a wasteland-world. Same procedure as before. Incursions are described as floating vortexes that draw life into them. The effects of physical force and magic on them is unknown, or at the very least SOMEONE didn't bother telling me it...but for simplicity's sake I suggest we go for the crack very quickly. He seems to be rather rushed.
    Let's go now. Seriously, my head is starting to hurt from having to deal with two conversations at the same time.

15. - Top - End - #165

SwashbucklerGuy

Suddenly being teleported to Nasiri's back, then to Ugor... The proper one at least, Usabhar gets his footing and remains quiet for a bit as he tries to understand the situation. Nasiri is just as confused, only able to turn her head sideways as Wero explains what is going on. "Truenaming?" The dwarf finally speaks up with little idea on the subject matter at hand. He is both confused and somehow confident in himself. "Is that some sort of magic? Cleaving the skies as such is the work that a blade can do, not a staff." Usabhar speaks with the purest of beliefs that the sword is mightier than the staff and even mightier against the pen. So long as him and the dwarves of Sargti breathe, nothing is going to change that.

Nasiri looks to Usabhar, then to Wero before whispering in Korshim's ear, "I hope you do not find the paragon... Arrogant but it's honestly rather cute how his beliefs work." Despite the "honesty," Korshim gets the feeling Nasiri is joking when she says "cute." Usabhar meanwhile ignores his couatl speaking to the clockwork dragon as he nods to Wero. "Agreed High Lord. If Aegun is a wasteland as the Prince says, it will be to my liking."

He looks to both Rahja and Celestica before stating in a slightly less formal tone "With the worlds in danger and the skies above calling us, Crystalia will have to wait. But if the chance is given I would be glad to accompany you both to Crystalia." Usabhar doubts that he would actually have time to visit a world in casual faith due to his own kingdom's world and this multiverse disaster. Wesslorne in general would be a terrible place to visit for the rest of the group; as of now there is little of value or interest there and lacking of necessities has always been how Usabhar has lived. Even if Nasiri may sometimes playfully complain of no food, water, or sleep.

"Well as the Prince says, I am ready to go. Nasiri?" The couatl's attention immediately focuses to Usabhar and nods quickly. "Always ready paragon."

16. - Top - End - #166

Lord Wero turns his head at Usabhar, seriously wondering if he is joking. Everybody, for better or for worse, should know this. Truenaming. The Language of Creation itself that, when spoken, can alter reality. It's ignorant to call it "magic," but its effects appear magic-like. He speaks matter-of-factly before going into Smug Mode.
    I myself have learned a few phrases in my time, however the nature of their effects continues to evade me.

Arrogant? Korshim says very softly to Nasiri.
    Speaking the High Lord's name is a capital crime!
    Despite the joking tone, Nasiri know that his warning about that particular crime is very true.

For now, move out. The High Lord says this, flying for the Governor's Mansion and to the Portal Chamber, with Prince Zurkar and Korshim close behind.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Crystalia is indeed my home world, and hopefully we will return there one day. I would be glad to show it to you. But, with more dangerous problems threatening, we will have to wait on that.

Celestica moves with Rahja among the injured, her paladin abilities allowing her to cure their wounds.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling Celestica's feelings regarding her homeworld, Rahja simply nods. "Of course. Still, I am looking forward to it."

As the others leave, the aasimar calls after them. "We will meet you there." She heals as many people as possible and instructs some of those who come to that they can safely destroy the mouths and should start looking after the other unconscious people. About by the time the others reach the portal chamber, Rahja heads over to Celestica.

"Ready?" she asks, holding a hand towards her opposite, palm facing upwards. In just a moment, both women appear in front of the portal chamber on Aegun.

19. - Top - End - #169

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri nods ever so slowly at Korshim as she slowly backs away. She'd never say anything rude or bad about the High Lord especially when his power greatly exceeds her own. Usabhar meanwhile is both fascinated and confused by the idea of Truenaming. He slowly shakes his head as he mentions, "Well whatever that 'magic-fake' stuff is, I'll want to learn about it later." The dwarf then gives his short goodbyes too Rahja and Celestica as he and Nasiri follow Wero to the Portal Chamber. Since Usabhar is in service to the High Lord, he doesn't really have a choice on what to do and won't complain about it.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica keeps up with Rahja in terms of healing, and when she indicates she is ready to go, she comes over to her, placing her palm on hers for the transport.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Celestica and Rahja care to the people of Ugor, the others approach the gubernatorial mansion and find its doors easily pried open. The interior of the mansion, at the very least, seems entirely unharmed. It was a stroke of good luck that these creatures didn't cause any structural harm. For that matter, it would appear that they haven't caused any casualties either, though the helpless citizens would have doubtless starved to death without your interventions. The portal chamber is easily accessed.

The Portal Chamber:
    Spoiler
    Show

Everything seems to be going fine in the portal chamber... except for Aegun. Most worlds are either safe or contained but Aegun is causing headache after headache. At long last, Yoweth has brought her forces to bare on the planet and has received wave after wave of reinforcement as other worlds were put to rest. Entire contingents of solars and pit fiends have also arrived on their own accord and some troops report seeing Dispater (or at least a cunning simulacrum) magically fortifying the front lines. EEE sages have even found tomes regarding the nature of these dangerous orbs of nothingness (umbral blots, as the tomes refer to them). For all of this work and support, however, empire forces seem no closer to winning this battle.

Through all of the casualty reports; through all of mobilization orders; through the lunar evacuation procedures, a single crystalline golem has been resting in the center of chamber, working to the best of its abilities but findings its connection with it's creator muddled. At long last, the connection rings true once more as the golem regains its connection with its creator right as he passes through the portal with Korshim, Wero, Usabhar, and Nasiri. Now, perhaps, Aegun has a fighting chance.

Looking around the portal chamber, the gateway to Aegun is incredibly obvious. New troops line up in front of it for mobilization even as the last of the world's material wealth is carried out into the chamber.

Back on Ugor and the Trip to Aegun:
    Spoiler
    Show

By the time that Rahja and Celestica have managed to help a few hundred people, the citizens are already working to help gather and awaken their fallen companions, even bringing their own healers to you to help hurry up the process. As these healers begin taking over, you note that the others are gone at the moment. The time to travel has finally come, it would seem.

Warping from one world to the next, you find yourselves in the center of a warzone. The governor's mansion behind you has all but collapsed with just enough rubble removed for troops to reach the portal chamber. This level of destruction can be seen almost everywhere through the town with few buildings fully intact. No civilians can be seen on this world, though celestials, fiends, and soldiers charge from one spot to the next. Black spheres, each the size of a horse, fill the sky. Many are engaged in fights against the soldiers but other fly wildly through town or appear within town seemingly out of nowhere. Up above, you don't see any cracks at all. Instead, a single black sphere blocks out the sun and casts you into shadow.

The only structures that seem mostly intact are a large cluster in the Northwestern corner of town, centered on a cathedral of the Heironeous. Not only do the buildings seem intact but makeshift walkways have been built between them, including plenty of arrow slits.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-16 at 06:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja's eyes widen for a moment at the terrible sight of destruction around her, especially when she sees the gigantic orb in the sky. Then, they narrow, a rare frown on her face. Fortunately, even though it is not much, she knows what can be done against them. Until the others arrive, Rahja spreads out her healing as widely as possible heal the wounded and bolster all. When the others arrive, she turns to them, her voice serious and urgent.

"Blackballs. Immune to everything but non-elemental force. Unless your spells simply ignore any kind of magical resistance, don't even bother casting them. Teleportation and planar shifts are also among their powers in their yearning to destroy all. Also, do not get too close, they will suck you in and annihilate your very being and even for very powerful beings, approaching or even attacking them is still incredibly risky, as you can see. Especially in regards to the big one. I am certain I can bolster the performance of portion of this army, more if I find a way to amplify my voice, but we should head there first." Rahja points to the untouched cathedral of Heironeous. "We need a plan."

23. - Top - End - #173

((Wasn't Ugor the moon?))

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Wero looks over his soldiers, as well as the assembled Lords of Celestia and Baator respectively. He can't help but mentally muse at the similarity between the name of the Solars' home plane and that of the elven maiden. He detests the Solars, the Pit Fiends even more. However in his experience, the former are trustworthy, and if they can stand the Pit Fiends, so can he.

Warriors of the Eternal Eclipse, Lords of Celestia and Masters of Baator.
    He calls out to get their attention. Meanwhile Prince Zurkar is trying to get status updates from the Eternals. Obviously there is a serious campaign to retake Aegun. Hopefully they're making use of the other methods of planetary travel besides the Portal Chamber.

On me! Advance! For the Eternal Eclipse! he calls out, before personally leading the contingency through the portal into Aegun.

AEGUN

Haloed by a host of soldiers and forms of extremely powerful outsiders united under a common purpose, the High Lord, followed by his son and his son's creation enter the ruins of the city. Stopping to assess the situation with his own eyes, and hear what Rahja has to say.
    Umbral Blots, yes. He says.
    Ranged weaponry would be most effective. Lord Wero speaks loudly and clearly so his contigent can hear him. Do what you can to concentrate fire and do not allow them to get close!
    He looks towards the eclipse which blots out the sun. It is either a sign of his victory over those that would dare defy the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, or a twisted mockery designed by His enemies. Either way, he feels there is some connection between it and the lack of a discernable crack in the sky. Maybe the ball is the crack, which will need to be destroyed.

((Knowledge routine in OOC post))

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Do you want us firing from here, or collecting at the cathedral for the assualt She is in the process of unslinging her bow as she speaks, if he wants an attack now, she is more than willing to provide it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #175

SwashbucklerGuy

Arriving on Aegun with Wero, Usabhar raises a shocked eyebrow while Nasiri's mouth is wide open on her otherwise-calm face at the sight of battle. Pit fiends and solars clutters the field as Nasiri mentions, "What an... Improbable sight. And yet it can't be an illusion." The dwarf, shocked brow aside, is more level headed than his couatl companion. "I get the quaking feeling that this 'Blackball' will continue to grow in size if this is the largest you've seen," he says to Rahja. His voice then booms out. "Celestica, my suggestion is to head to the cathedral! Nasiri and I will battle on the front lines with the High Lord!"

Usabhar meanwhile takes out his lance, pointing it at the nearest Umbral Blot as Nasiri snatches up the dwarven paragon on her back. "High Lord, do you request I fight on land or assist in the skies? This Blackball is of great worry to me and Nasiri..." Usabhar has the look that he has fought such kinds of battles for ages now, despite this being one of far greater magnitude than anything else he has been in. Nasiri meanwhile is faking her calmness, hiding the horrific fear of her worry. To work with devils on this danger is something she nor Usabhar is used to and though the dwarf tolerates it, Nasiri is much less welcoming of the idea.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-16 at 11:18 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    italics=thoughts

CELESTICA

Retreat to safety while others fight on the front line? Celestica's face cleary registers just exactly what she thinks of that. Without probably meaning to, Ushabar has made the decision for her, although not in the way meant. She and the dwarf will have to have a talk later, but for now, her bow is firing as her voice clearly calls out Hanali, hear your servants plea and smite these abominations. As each arrow flies, it trails a streak of golden sparks, symbolic of her goddess blessing.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+74)[85] attack & (1d6+76)[81] damage & (2d6)[10] holy & (2d6)[9] anarchic
    (1d20+69)[79] attack & (1d6+76)[79] damage & (2d6)[8] holy & (2d6)[10] anarchic
    (1d20+64)[79] attack & (1d6+76)[80] damage & (2d6)[10] holy & (2d6)[5] anarchic
    (1d20+59)[65] attack & (1d6+76)[82] damage & (2d6)[9] holy & (2d6)[9] anarchic

Firing at the main sphere. Only Overcharge bonus applied.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #177

Hmm... The High Lord muses out loud. What if the Great Blot is but a symptom. A danger, yes, but only existing to conceal a crack. It would be simple enough to get behind it. Yes, that could work.

He looks towards everybody else.
    Take to what remains of my city, and do what you can to fortify it. And tell Dispater he's wasting his time, barriers won't even slow them down. He looks back up at the great umbral blot. He has no doubt he could damage it, probably kill it with enough of a concentrated attack. Certainly the smaller Blots are vulnerable to his attacks. But that would be wasted effort if his theory was correct, and damaging the crack until its a hairline was sufficient to stop the Faces. Theoretically it should also at least neutralize the Blots.

Though if you wish to accompany me... He takes to wing, hovering just a few feet above the ground. Come with me. Now. He offers out his hand.

Spellcraft DC 21
    Spoiler
    Show

He's preparing to cast Greater Teleportation, though you have a feeling this is something he wants you to pick up on.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-16 at 11:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

If she wasted her shots and her smiting, Celestica is going to annoyed, to a small degree. But for now, she reaches out her hand to the High Lord, preparing to be teleported to a new attack location.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Knowing that Celestica can't fly, Rahja slings an arm around her abdomen and touches Wero's hand with the other. "If there is no crack, however, we should gather as many archers as we can for the attack. Solars would be a prime choice." Wings emerge from Rahja's back to keep them aloft wherever they go (and counteract the blackball's pull).

30. - Top - End - #180

SwashbucklerGuy

Riding on Nasiri, Usabhar goes to touch Wero's hand as the couatl does the same with her tail. "Ready anytime," he says confidently.