New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Rahja... chuckles. "I sense a certain irony." And she leaves it at that, humming as she turns back to making sure the spheres are destroyed.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

No, i've never been. Although i'm technically the Governor and Planetary Lord of the Portal Chamber in the Astral Plane, I live on Emanacal, and I....don't get out much. He says sheepishly.
    The Empire has held territory in Aegun longer than either of us have been alive. I follow the directive of the Gatekeeper, and as he said, he has never been. Truth be told I think this is the High Lord's first time here as well.

Oh, and there's a funny thing about being prepared. You can't know what will come. The Gods have a way of sending the things in the multiverse that you aren't prepared for against you, especially if you are otherwise well-prepared. He facepalms, chuckling lightly. Tiamat. I sound like Deryekenathith now.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Relieved that Dispater has left, but worried about what sort of price Wero paid, Celestica helps Rahja with making sure the rest of the spheres are gone...and if she comes across a pit fiend that has been slow to quit the battlefield, she'll give him a helping shove to the door.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The pits created by the umbral blots seem to have the strange black beings resting at the bottom, though they are no longer dissolving the world around them and digging themselves deeper holes. Celestica finds no signs of lingering infernal troops in town.

Examining the sheet of glass, it would appear to be an aspect mirror, likely keyed to some location in or near Dispater's tower.

Speaking of such mirrors, however, a muffled female voice can be heard from Rahja's pack.

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After waging the brief campaign and suffering a few minor losses (at least from a tactical standpoint), it would seem that the battles are finally coming to an end (at least within the EEE). All worlds are either under control or face no risk.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja retrieves the aspect mirror from her backpack, expecting to see Selayna giving a report. "Had to deal with an incursion of blackballs on Ugor. The troops have been wiped out, but the threat is over. I never thought I'd see celestial and infernal forces fight together." After her quick update, she waits patiently for the answer.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica examines the beings carefully from the top of one of the pits, to see if it is moving. If it is not moving, she will jump into the pit, using her monk talents to fall the whole way without taking damage. She will check the being over once again, and if it is still not moving, she will take hold of it, and use her dimension door to bring it and herself back to the surface.

Is it alive, or could be revived? Perhaps it can explain what is happening?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja looks over to Celestica and shakes her head. "Blackballs are not living beings in the first place, there is nothing for me to bring back."

8. - Top - End - #248

The dragons appear particularly alarmed by Celestica returning with an Umbral Blot in hand, though to what degree they are so varies, with Korshim holding the most mild response. Prince Zurkar seems to have the most severe reaction though, and is the first to speak up.
    Kill it! Kill it now!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar stays silent as he watches Rahja and Celestica examine the blots that dug idle motionlessly in their holes. Celestica's idea of bringing out a blot seems unnecessary to the dwarf; the better plan would be to dive down and destroy it instead of bringing it out. Usabhar instead focuses his attention to the city that the group had just saved from destruction. The small number buildings there along with the Temple of Heironeous tells the dwarf that Aegun could be in for quite a heap of difficulties for awhile. Not willing to let the town sort that mess out on it's own, the dwarf heads over the ruined areas to investigate for injured or harmed survivors. He gives a light gruff and raises his hand for Nasiri to come. "You must excuse me," she kindly says to the High Lord and his relatives. "The paragon requests my aid. Korshim, might you be able to come along?" She bows before moving to Usabhar's side.

Among what is in ruin for the small town, Usabhar and Nasiri work to assist those that might be in need. Neither of them are healers by any stretch of the imagination but their other abilities are put to good use regardless. Usabhar's lifting strength allows him to remove rubble trapping any survivors along with clearing pathways to the temple. Nasiri uses her celestial beam to knit the wounds of those lightly injured and carry those who are more battered to Rahja, Celestica, or the temple. Though a warrior Usabhar is at heart, battle alone does not make, much less sustain a kingdom. In time of turmoil the paragon assists in the fixing of residences and rescuing of civilians when not defending against foes. Though he may not have any relation with the EEE, it's still a place that could use help and Usabhar is never one to skip out on assisting when the opportunity arises. Hard-working is a trait of the Sargti dwarves and Usabhar is the greatest example among them.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-10-11 at 10:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

At first Korshim moves to join them, but quickly stops. He turns back to Prince Zurkar, who's only just coming out of shock. The former doesn't need to say anything to ask a question the Prince is already aware of.
    What? yes. Sure. Go ahead.

And with that the clockwork dragon accompanies Usabhar, where he will assist in moving rubble. Obviously being of great porportions makes him far more useful in excavation.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lifting up the Blackball, Celestica finds it to be made of some black and surprisingly weightless substance that yields like clay before your grasp.

Behind Zurkar, an arrogant and proud voice speaks up, "So you slay an enemy that large and powerful and now you fear the dead husk of its offspring? To think I was about to congratulate you, even if you needed to steal my idea."

After clearing a path to the building, Usabhar finds only a couple of dozen humanoids waiting in the building, still curled up and huddled together in fear.

Speaking into the aspect mirror, Selayna is on the other end, covered in sweat and bearing a couple of artificial scratches and bruises. Waiting for Rahja to finish speaking to Celestica, she finally speaks up, "We've had luck fighting the cracks off on our end, thanks to the news you delivered. The other havens have been secured as well. Our original plan failed when the gates failed to open but we pulled through. We've told our forces to refrain from planar travel until we can tell what this means."
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

12. - Top - End - #252

Prince Zurkar turns towards his older sister with a rather twisted smirk, that rather quickly dissolves into a confident glare as he realizes he'd rather be the bigger one in the area, althogh the speaks with malicious snarkiness. Yes, it was your idea to use rods of cancellation. I would be wrong to not give you credit for that, as well as your enlightened decision to charge head-first into what is essentially a living sphere of annihilation only slightly smaller than the Indigo Citadel's fifth tier. You're welcome, by the way. Though I do hope you pardon me if I don't consider a living sphere of annihilaton dangerous because it's not city-sized.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods, a relieved smile on her face as she hears the good news. "Good thinking. Those are great news! What is the status on the paragon's homeworld?" she asks so that Celestica can hear it too and maybe relay it.

Once the answer has been given, the healer turns to her elven friend. "Please excuse me for a moment, Celestica, I'll be right back." Giving a subtle nod to the aspect mirror, Rahja gives a pretty good idea where she is going before turning it off and giving it to Celestica (making sure she sees the spot she needs to press to contact Selayna's mirror), teleporting right into Selayna's chambers. Even though the wounds are minor, Rahja can't bear to see the beautiful nymph in this state, feeling they are something that should not be for this eternal being. Though she is a mere mortal and barely an infant compared to her, Rahja closes the distance and reaches out to gently touch Selayna's cheek, subtle waves of magic cleaning her body and warm healing energy mending the small wounds and freeing the nymph of fatigue and pain.

Hesitant for a moment, Rahja has a shy look on her face, blushing a little, before embracing her beloved friend. "I am so glad you are alright," she whispers happily, making no attempt to hide the fear about her safety that had been induced by the world-shattering threats Rahja had to face. Other leaders might say Rahja worries too much and they are probably right, but she can't help it.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2012-10-13 at 02:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Well, if its already dead and cant be communicated with, I guess theres no need for the husk. With a shrug about wasted effort, she drops the thing back in the hole.
    Surveying the devastation, Celestica moves to help with the operation. She doesnt have the healing skill that Rahja has, but she can do a lot if she spreads out her healing talents. And even though she seems to be a frail little thing compared to the dwarf and the dragon, her strength is unbelievable as she picks up man sized boulders and even larger, just tossing them aside like they were pebbles. When she gets near to Usabhar, she relays the news that Rahja got from Selayna, offering to let him confer with the nymph if needed.
    All the time, she hums quietly to herself, her mind running through many of the elven songs that she knows.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #255

SwashbucklerGuy

Outside, Nasiri works alongside Korshim to help remove the rubble and ruined areas to clear a path. Of the two, Nasiri's more nimble and smaller body makes her more of a ferry while the stronger Korshim, Usabhar, and even Celestica clear out boulders. The couatl quietly admits to herself how she wishes she was stronger for instances like this. She wasn't going to let her lack of ability compared to others slow her down though. Her radiance and dazzle hopefully brightens the currently dark mood that covers the area. During the time of cleaning, she moves over to Korshim as she looks for another person to transport. "May I ask how long ago you have been... Created?" She hesitates on that last word, unsure whether the proper word to use is "born" or "created." Though a clockwork dragon, his mood and movement all but yell in Nasiri's eyes and ears that Korshim is as sentient as a mortal human or elf. She could only wonder HOW he was made in the first place.

Usabhar first meets Celestica regarding Selayna. He stands still at the open doors in the meantime to see what is just a couple dozen people. Them and whatever was saved is all that is left of the city. The dwarf simply shakes his head in disappointment at the sight. Such a view to him is almost revolting had they been dwarves. His own kind would never be so cowardly in such a situation... And yet Usabhar is not surprised at this sight. These people are made up of fleshy, frail humans and elves; they're not used to nor capable of adapting to such situations aside from exceptions such as Celestica. Their limited numbers and loss of homes makes leaving such people behind seem like a practical idea; that isn't how Usabhar's morals work however. He looks to Celestica and calmly answers, "I may meet with the nymph another time. My immediate attention focuses elsewhere first." He then enters the building with the focus being on the people in there.

Walking steadily, Usabhar walks over to a nearby human couple and helps them to their feet while strongly speaking to everyone in the building. "So what is this that I see here? Mortals who shroud themselves in fear and despair? You people have lost much, I see that. Homes, families, whatever happened with this city may be irreparable." He venoms out a bit of criticism before proudly stating, "This does NOT mean that you can crawl on the floor begging for death to take you away. Life is a matter of strength and perseverance; by lying here you accept that those who have attacked you were the victors of this battle." He begins to help the others to their feet as his voice picks up in hopefulness. Though seemingly frowning, the dwarf's tone now makes it clear that is axe is there to defend the people here. "It does not matter who, or what you are. What matters is that you will all show our opponents that we are warriors who will live on past this! Even if you cannot wield a weapon, you can stand in defiance at those who seek destruction. Your ruler and your allies stand beside you that way. Understand that it's the strong who are to protect the weak and make them strong from it. Learn from this event and from my words; you all WILL survive to face tomorrow."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll make a Diplomacy check for Usabhar's speech: (1d20+51)[61]

16. - Top - End - #256

Hm? The question catches Korshim a bit off-guard, but he soon mentally processes it and responds with a bit of eagerness.
    Oh. My construction was completed by Prince Shehadxerwhkar 24 years prior to today. Rounded down.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Celestica is aghast at the callous words of the dwarf to the people and wordlessly moves among them, spreading healing and hope, rather than recrimination and criticism
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Shaking her head back and forth in a mockery of fear towards Zurkar's fierceness, Yoweth simply responds in kind, "No, dear brother. I expect you not to quake because you just watched a mere elf pick it up like a common stone without it disturbing a single hair." With that, Yoweth spreads her wings and takes off a few hundred feet before milling about in the ruins of the city, making a show of removing rubble like Usabhar and Celestica.

In response to Rahja's question about Usabhar's world, Selayna softly sighs to herself, "The dwarves, and I quote, "have bathed the eternal night of snow red with the blood of their enemies once more." They request the Paragon's presence for a celebration of the fiercest war they've fought in years."

Selayna's Chambers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Selayna's chambers, spartan as they've ever been, bears little more than her bed and walls nearly covered with aspect mirrors to other chapterhouses. Selayna, refusing to live in any of the Haven chapterhouses and parting from nature, instead resides within the great world tree you revived while restoring your world all of those years ago. Apart from the worldworn, a group of eight identical dryad warriors bound to the defense of the world tree, Selayna alone lives within its great hollows.

Patting a spot beside her on the bed (the one piece of proper furniture in the room), Selayna smiles and shakes her head even as she's healed. "I swear... I warn you that dimensional travel might be dangerous and the first thing you do is teleport over to heal my scrapes and bruises. What am I going to do with you?"

In the cathedral, Usabhar's presence and Celestica's reassurances seem to have the desired effect combined. The remaining citizens build up the will to finally leave the cathedral and face the destruction. The extent of the destruction, seen first-hand for the first time, drives some of the citizens to tears. The others, however, wordlessly start working their way through the rubble. The road to rebuilding their homes shall be a long and taxing journey but they have finally taken the first step.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Selayna's chambers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sitting down, Rahja blushes in a bright shade of red from one moment to the next, fidgeting with her hands. "Oh...um...I..." Perhaps comically, words fail her in that moment, ironically. Taking a moment to calm down, she glances briefly to Selayna. "After what I saw on that world, an entire city mostly just... gone, armies of solars, pit fiends and mortals utterly consumed and the whole planet almost with them... After what I had asked of you... I just... needed to come here. I couldn't help it." Still blushing heavily, she looks to the nymph again, showing a little smile again.

"And it worked, didn't it?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

With the citizens moving towards cleaning up and rebuilding, Celestica finally takes some time to rest and recharge herself. Shes rarely channelled that much divine power over such a short time, not to mention experiencing the power of Rahja's spells, and its now finally catching up with her. She finds a quiet spot to meditate and relax, clearing her mind of most thoughts and preparing to accept the calming presence of her goddess.
    She does wonder a little bit about when her new friend Rahja will return, there is much to discuss with her.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #261

SwashbucklerGuy

Moving outside with the others, Usabhar takes another look at the devastation. He considers whether he might be allowed to bring some of his own kind to assist in the repairs. Dwarven builders are great in number in his kingdom but always at work due to the endless battles that oppose them. This and needing the High Lord's consent could make such a plan difficult. Instead the dwarf chooses to help here while he has time, working paths to each area where a surviving citizen's house was and helping to clear the lot... If there is anything that needed to be cleaned in the first place. Many areas were so thoroughly erased by the umbral blots that there is little left. Despite that however, the people of Aegun need to hold strong and hold together to rebuild what they have lost.

After finishing with the ferrying, Nasiri watches from a distance as rubble she cannot possibly lift is moved and removed. She makes a small chuckle at Korshim's partial eagerness. "Twenty-four years? That's... A little young if I may say. Do you recall your first fifteen minutes of when you were finished creation?" The couatl begins swerving around Korshim's massive body and legs in boredom, stretching her flexible body rather than waiting around.

22. - Top - End - #262

I do, actually. The brass construct replies.
    Oh, and don't get too close to me, you don't wanna get caught in my components.
    Like a light suddenly being set off, my consciousness became aware of its surroundings and I was flooded by sensations I have never known before, yet knew of by simply feeling it. It was strange, to say the least, to look at something and to not only place a name to it but to understand it. I felt the smooth granite beneath my feet, the rancid smell of ozone, and the uncomfortable coolness of the Prince's workshop. I figure all of that information was programmed into me. Not that i'm incapable of learning, mind you. Anything before that...no. Nothing. It's like a memory that refuses to come into your mind. Except for me, I was simply not fully operational. Korshim chuckles slightly at that. You know, my creator programmed me to identify him as "Zurkar." While I understand his preference for the nickname, I think "Creator" suits him better.

As for my youth, well...
    He seems to shrug. It's adult age for some humanoid races. I am programmed with the knowledge of my construction, however neither me nor my creator truly understand it. I can replace my own parts and make repairs as needed. For all intents and purposes I am immortal. And no, the High Lord plans on transferring into my body or another one.

Meanwhile, Lord Wero himself takes off, going towards the Governor's Mansion and into the Portal Chamber, making a line for his abode in the Indigo Citadel on Emanacal. Prince Zurkar remains behind, flying over to rejoin the group sifting through the ruins of the town. However instead of helping he addresses them.
    Hey guys, Father wanted me to tell you he is going to his capital city on Emanacal to try and deal with the problems of the war-torn Empire. He wants to meet you in the Indigo Citadel, preferably in the Hall of Judgment, sometime tomorrow. The Portal Chamber's portal to Emanacal leads right to the Indigo Citadel so you can't miss it. I'll authorize you all to use the Portal Chamber at your leisure. Except you Yoweth and Celestica, you're already authorized. Oh, and Yoweth, you can do what you want, Father wasn't talking about you, he apparently trusts your judgment in keeping our military in order. Also, he wanted me to remind you that my breath and my wings are far more powerful than yours. He shoots a mischievous smirk in the General's direction.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-10-16 at 02:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Selayna's Chamber:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I know it worked," Selayna says, staring down at the floor a a knot in the tree, "but that doesn't mean I don't worry. I'd insist that you stay the night until we sort things out but it looked as though the town you left was in pretty bad shape and I've yet to find the spell strong enough to keep you put when people out there need you. Thank you for the healing, dear. I feel so much better." With that, Selayna gives Rahja a soft hug, resting her chin atop the young woman's head.

Wero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though we've discussed the general structure of the EEE as an organization, I may require a brief description of the Indigo Citadel on the OOC thread. I don't need too much detail but what I need to work with is:
    a) a brief physical description of the citadel
    b) the people who you are pulling to yourself (or who will know to come to you). You don't need to give every single name but just a general idea.
    c) Where you are going in particular? Are you going to some manner of war room? a court filled with mortal sages? Your own audience chamber?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Selayna's chambers
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always for you." Rahja hugs Selayna back, enjoying the closeness as long as it lasts. One day, when Haven has grown enough to sustain itself, the healer might be able to retire and spend the rest of her days with the ones she loves in peace. One day...

Eventually, Rahja has to get going again, reluctantly removing herself from the hug. "I will keep in touch, as always and I hope I can return home soon. Please share a dream with Dera for me. Be safe." With a slightly apologetic smile, Rahja vanishes once more, back to where she came from, some guilt creeping into her heart over just having left either place like that.

Back on the Empire planet, Rahja sighs as she yet again sees the destruction. She spreads as much healing and care as she can to the poor people of this world as she looks for Celestica. Finding her in a quiet place, made peaceful by her serene presence, the healer quietly approaches, steps light, moving to sit down beside her friend, facing the elven maiden.

"I am sorry I just left like that, Celestica," Rahja says softly, feeling a little guilty, especially with how drained she seems. Gently putting a hand on her friend's, Rahja spreads warmth through Celestica's body. "Seeing the way you faced all these dangers and the hope you spread to the people was... inspiring, amazing." The young woman knows the feeling suffusing her when she sees Celestica. A deep sense of wonder, awe, appreciation, fascination. Same she felt when meeting Selayna for the first time. Usabhar and Wero are simply awe-inspiring, too, but Rahja cannot relate to them as to her friend.

"How do you feel?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

The moment the warmth touches Celestica's body her eyes open, and she is already smiling, she has learned in the short time together to recognize the touch and spells of Rahja.

Your spells bring out the best in me, the best in all of us....but Ive simply never channelled that much of Hanali's power in that short a time. Im better since the balls were destroyed and better still that you are here now. I delivered your message to Usabhar, but I think he is too engrossed in proving himself to Wero that he paid any attention to it.
    But enough has been made of our troubles and tribulations. Right now, with a moment of peace, for Wero wants us at his audience tomorrow afternoon, I want to learn about you. And share some of me, if youre interested.

Spoiler
    Show
    And if you want to go PM to avoid cluttering up the IC thread with our talks, go ahead.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #266

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri lets out a quiet "Hmm," at Korshim's words before responding amusingly. "Not Incapable of learning you say? Coming from a construct I should be surprised... And yet I am not. I've seen much in my life; usually each year I see something new. By this point I'm hard to amaze." She chuckles again. "But I do enjoy the surprises nonetheless. Life would be boring otherwise regardless if I had met the paragon or not." Speaking kindly, she continues, "And what's this about getting caught in your components? You question my dexterity, I who has lived at an age only the High Lord can compare?" She begins coiling around Korshim's neck, though keeping a small distance between her scales and his constructive body. Eventually she moves up to his chin where she can look at him in the eye.

"C'mon," she smiles gently and confidently. "What's the worst that could happen?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-10-17 at 11:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

They aren't really eyes so much as glass lenses that glow a faint white light, and swivel around on the arcane mechanisms they are attached to within the socket. Regardless, there's no question they perform the same function as they swivel away to avoid meeting Nasiri's gaze, and the faint hissing of pistons in the clockwork dragon's neck betray him trying to give himself some distance from Nasiri's face.
    No, I-I didn't mean it like that, it's just...things get stuck in me all the time, and..well... The worst that could happen? He once accidentally 'ate' a Governor's son through his arm. He dripped blood for a week. Korshim chooses not to relay that story. It's just very dangerous and would be very bad if some part of you got caught in my gears.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-10-17 at 11:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

SwashbucklerGuy

Nasiri smirks quietly as she sees the bigger dragon shy away from her gaze. She lets out a faux-sigh as she uncoils and loosens away from Korshim. "Oh if you must be a safety nut," she states calmly to the construct. "Well, I wish you, your creator, and the High Lord luck on surviving till tomorrow. Based on how these events have gone I'm expecting a lot of political business to take your time up for awhile. So long as the paragon's kingdom hasn't been obliterated from the skies, him and I will probably have that to deal with as well. Better than some of their... 'celebrations.'" Nasiri shivers at the end of her sentence.

29. - Top - End - #269

Celebrations? He says, picking up on the Couatl's disdain. That doesn't sound that bad. Maybe not for him, because all he has to do is stand there and look intimidating.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Quite some time ago, Celestica and Rahja had been spotted talking together in the ruins of the Empire planet, but that had been the last that anyone had seen of them. However, shortly before Wero is planning his daily audience, both of them reappear at the portal, and step through to return to his home world. Neither of them offer any explanation as to where they have been.
    #GoreMutualarejerks