New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Pokemon - "The League wants YOU!" (IC)

Morning dawns over the Unova region. With morning...comes many young trainers running about with the pokemon. Some are playing with them, most of them are battling them for the upcoming contest to become the Champion.

However, this is not the focus of our story...oh no.

Today, our story begins with a small group of intrepid pokemon trainers, and I use the term "group" loosely mind you, as they start out on their adventure to become the Champion. A soft clunk heralds the sound of paper hitting the floor; the mail must've just arrived as everyone wakes up and gets ready to take on the day....whatever it decides to bring for them, anyway.

-----------------
    Click my egg(s)...please?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon - "The League wants YOU!" (IC)

Stephen was eating breakfast when the mail came. Putting down his egg laden fork, he wheeled himself over to the door and looked for anything important. He'd told most of the people that mattered that his address would be changing constantly, but everyone else still thought he would be in the lab for the rest of his life. Who cares about them anyways?

Are you two just about ready? He shouted over his shoulder. Those two youngsters would be the death of him, but they were better than most. Still, he was ready to leave.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

"COMING SIR!" *Trip!* *Thud!* *CRASH!* "Sorry Rusty I didn't see you there" Leeroy and his pokemon run into the room carrying two sets of luggage Leeroy's and the Professor's *pant*"ready"*pant* He then tears open, and wolfs down an energy bar "something come in the mail?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Stephen & Leeroy: The pile of mail is a bit of an exaggeration. Five letters lay on the floor. Sifting through them, one of them bears the stamp of the E4 of the Unova region. Upon it, bold red letters read: "Important information enclosed. Open IMMEDIATELY"

-----------------

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh. What do they want? It's bad enough they made that announcement, now they're pestering me with mail. He tosses the letter over his shoulder in disgust.

Just something from the Elite Four, those stuck up snobs.
    How do you feel about a quick battle before we get started?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-12-20 at 12:50 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

"uh sure" says Leeroy as he catches the letter and opens it he processes most of the mail anyway "since we sold a bunch of stuff there is space out back"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Leeroy: As Leeroy opens the message, he is greeted with stationary withy confetti on it, and some small handdrawn pokemon art on the edges. The letter reads:

"To whom it may concern:

Firstly, I would like to say congratulations! If your holding this letter, your one of the first chosen to take part in the "Challenge for the Championship" Cup.
    If you were unable to see our announcement yesterday, here's what we're talking about..

Half the note is about yesterday's announcement, blah blah blah..

...Also, attached you will find directions to the E4 plateau, if you don't already know how to get there. Good luck, and we hope to see you in a week's time.

From the office of the E4 Champion,

Darius Alder"

A printed map of towns and routes are included on the back, as a symbol of so-called generosity.

-----------------

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Stephen wheels his chair out to the back. How does a series of 3 1v1 matches sound? Loser buys lunch.

He releases Helia, his vulpix, on his lap. You ready for a quick battle girl? The vulpix chirps at him, and leaps off his lap to trot into the center of the field.

Spoiler
    Show
    We shouldn't need a map for this. Speed 6

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Maria naps peacefully in a hammock made from the silk of her many bug pokemon, who were all sleeping with her currently, her larvesta acting as a blanket.

"Maria dear," a woman calls out, getting the girl to stir, "you got something in the mail."

"Mm, five more minutes Aunt..." Maria says tiredly.

"Now dear, it's from the League," the woman calls out, getting Maria to sit bolt upright, though the Larvesta clutching to her chest didn't even wake up.

"Eh? Already?" she says, practically falling out of her hammock to get to it. Rogue and Lance protest to the sudden lack of a pillow her body provided, but came after her. Shino didn't wake, currently clutching a tree the hammock was attached to. Nova was still attached to her blouse and fast asleep. And Fayt was already up and prowling about.

She takes the letter when it's handed to her and reads it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Edro: As Maria opens the message, she is greeted with stationary with confetti on it, and some small hand-drawn Pokemon art on the edges. The letter reads:

"To whom it may concern:

Firstly, I would like to say congratulations! If your holding this letter, your one of the first chosen to take part in the "Challenge for the Championship" Cup.
    If you were unable to see our announcement yesterday, here's what we're talking about..

Half the note is about yesterday's announcement, blah blah blah..

...Also, attached you will find directions to the E4 plateau, if you don't already know how to get there. Good luck, and we hope to see you in a week's time.

From the office of the E4 Champion,

Darius Alder"

A printed map of towns and routes are included on the back, as a symbol of so-called generosity.

-----------------

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Zack arrived shortly after. Maggy and Ronny floated beside him. Emmy was perched on his right soldier and Peter perched on his left. Muddle and Chesla were in their pokeballs as that is their preference. With Mrs. White's permission Zack had his parent's forward his mail to his place of work.

Noticing that the mail has arrived Zack speaks up, nervous and shy as he often is. "H-hello mam. Hi Maria. Is there anything for me?"
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-12-20 at 04:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Are you two just about ready?
    Cecilia walks into the room, setting down her own smaller suitcase, a backpack next to it containing anything she might need if they head into forests, caves, or other places where they can't take the van. "I'm ready, Professor Hawkins..." she says.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Stephen wheels his chair out to the back. How does a series of 3 1v1 matches sound? Loser buys lunch.

He releases Helia, his vulpix, on his lap. You ready for a quick battle girl? The vulpix chirps at him, and leaps off his lap to trot into the center of the field.
    Following the Professor and Leeroy out into the yard, she watches, never having seen Professor Hawkins battle before.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

After catching sight of the girl, Stephen calls Helia back to his lap. Maybe we shouldn't. I keep forgetting there are three of us now. It might be better to just leave now.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"very well sir"

Leeroy examines the letter/map "its just more about the championship this time from the local elite 4 I guess the spare map is useful where is the closest gym anyway?"
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2012-12-21 at 12:45 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Right here in Aspertia City. Cheren's a normal type user. We'll nab that badge and then move on to Virbank, there's a poison gym there.

Stephen wheels himself over to the van. Gemini! Unlock the doors. The doors to the van click open, and with Ba'al's help, Stephen winds up in the passenger seat of the van.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-12-21 at 12:52 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Cecilia nods, and says, "A Normal-type gym? Hmm..." as she climbs into the van with the others.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Leeroy climbs in to the driver seat "oh yes I always forget about him I guess I spend to much time in the woods" with everyone man and mon alike on board Leeroy starts the old van and drives to the first gym taking advantage of handicap parking thanks to professors hawking's wheel chair.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

As they drove, the van kept switching stations of its own accord. The Makeys, Noctowl City, the Weedles, and We the Kingdras all switched back and forth in rapid succession. Instead of showing the time, the dashboard monitor alternated between giving the estimated time of arrival and asking about a reprogramming.

When they reached the gym, Stephen wheeled himself out of the van: a trick he'd leaned that helped him get around greatly, and headed to the doors. He entered, and immediately looked around for Cheren. Thee young leaders weren't nearly as good as the older ones. They always forgot about challengers and left them waiting. Hopefully this one had some modicum of respect for the elderly and his companions.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
    @Edro: As Maria opens the message, she is greeted with stationary with confetti on it, and some small hand-drawn Pokemon art on the edges. The letter reads:...
    "Aw, I was hoping for a little more than that," Maria says, then sighs before smiling at her Aunt, "looks like I'm going on an adventure now."

Spoiler
    Show
    @Roamer: Will let you RP her aunt now, might be a good time to have Lizard come into the game.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Edro & LL: Maria's aunt smiles, but before she could say anything, she hears Zack's voice and turns around.

"Oh, hello dearie. Well, you also got a letter from the League...so unless you want to open it too...you could just read Maria's." Then, she pauses, realizing now what Maria said. She turns back to Maria.

"Well, dear, it seems that I have no choice but to let you go.Have fun and be safe now, dear. Look after your friend too, dearie.." She leans in close to whisper in Maria's ear: "He doesn't appear to be that brave...might not make it very far without some moral support.." She withdraws from Maria, not before giving her a hug and a peck on the cheek. "Be good you two, and have a safe journey. As for me, I'm heading back inside. Toodles...!" She says, and starts to make her way back to the sliding door, which was open.

@Cosmic: Coming into the Gym, you see a pair of trainers warming up in the corner, one with a Watchog, the other a Minccino and they don't seem to notice you enter...until a sharp voice makes their head snap around:

"Don't be rude! We have guests...challengers no doubt, and you're over in the corner playing with your pokemon." "B-but C-chere-" One of the two started, who gets interrupted by the older man in jeans, hiking boots, and a spiked bowl cut. A blue vest is around his body, buttoned up with only a white T-Shirt underneath, sporting black, with a slight tint of blue, hair and bifocals on his face. "No buts! Your a trainer under my gym...you must be ready at all times! Now, go, get into position!" The two recall their pokemon and scamper halfway across the gym floor. Then, he turns to Stephen and his pair of travelers.

"Hello, and welcome to my gym. I apologize for my trainers' lack of discipline. I can only assume they didn't expect visitors so soon. I expect your here to challenge me, yes? I heard all about the Champion spot being open to the public. Well, let's get to it....you know the drill, beat my trainers, then you can face me. I'll be waiting." He says, turning on a heel and high-stepping away to a small platform across the field.
    Last edited by Roamer; 2012-12-21 at 08:14 AM.

-----------------

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Leeroy follows the professor inside

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Stephen scans the mons while he was waiting for the two to notice him.

Well, who wants to go first?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

The boy on the left steps forward. "I'm first. Beat me and my brother to face the gym leader. I'm Number 1. He's number 2." He says, as he clutches the poke ball with his Watchog in it.

-----------------

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn't talking to you. Don't assume things. Kids these days. I was talking to them. He turns his chair to his two companions and makes it more obvious who he was addressing. Which one of us wants to go first?
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-12-21 at 12:14 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

"given the amount of time that we have it would probably be best actually if we each take one and then switch opponents if they are up for that which I don't see why they wouldn't unless they like sitting around which wouldn't make much sense cause if they liked sitting then how did they become a gym trainer and or gym leader"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha of I don't want to sit through a bunch of gym battles that I am not participating in (1d20+2)[12]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Opening and reading his letter a nervous smile appears and Zack's face and sparks appear around him in excitement. He looks over to Maria. "S-so we should start with the local gym leader right? Burgh is her name isn't it?"

27. - Top - End - #27

"Lenora retired, and Burgh is in Castelia," Maria says quietly, "Cheren in Asperati took over for Lenora. We'll need to head to Castelia or Striaton. Personally, I'd prefer to head to Striaton, supposed to be the old first gym before Cheren took over."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Oh." Zack blushed embarrassed by his misinformation. "I guess I haven't been keeping up on modern events. Alright, lets head towards Striaton then."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Cecilia nods at Leeroy's suggestion, and looks at the two trainers. "I don't mind waiting, if you two want to go first... but if one of you would rather wait, I'll go ahead..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

@leeroy: The duo seem to like that idea, for they both seem to be in agreeance...however, they seem to be waiting for a decision before they say anything.

-----------------