New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: the Ultimate Conflict (We're On A Boat) IC

Your not getting away that easily!

Using Instant reversion Raz attempts to reverse what ever magic made the jester and robed man disappear.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Round 1 Action Round So Far:
    -Raz returns both of the figures back where they started
    -Everyone else may take actions in the reaction round.
    -Masanari and Po are free to join the action at any time.

Round 1 Reaction Round Start
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-10-27 at 09:55 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro grits his teeth, gripping his gun with one hand now. This is some strong magic, saving himself from death. Good thing I know a trick or two. Moqorro's battle trance turns into a smile as he waves his his free hand about. Strands of magic that interweave through the world and coalesce into creatures and objects appear before him. His hand turns into a fist, and the strands begin warping and shredding themselves, Moqorro ripping the magic away in an area around him.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Unravel Dweomers, which has an area of 100 ft. I'm excluding myself, Raz, and Voren, along with all of our respective magic items, etc. If the jester is still suffering from Suppressing Fire, I'm assuming all my attacks hit, so he'd have a -12 to his save. Otherwise, the DC is a 44 for anything caught by it.
    Last edited by MasonDon; 2012-10-27 at 08:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

Voren watches as Raz does his work, pulling the foes back into the fight.

Freaking magic he muses as he steps up, drawing his swords and begins slashing.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Attack Roll|Damage|Crit Damage
    (1d20+61)[75]|(2d6+38)[47]|(8d6+114)[150]
    (1d20+61)[81]|(2d6+38)[43]|(8d6+114)[145]
    (1d20+56)[62]|(2d6+38)[44]|(8d6+114)[141]
    (1d20+56)[68]|(2d6+38)[47]|(8d6+114)[138]
    (1d20+56)[64]|(2d6+38)[49]|(8d6+114)[142]
    (1d20+56)[73]|(2d6+38)[48]|(8d6+114)[134]
    (1d20+56)[72]|(2d6+38)[48]|(8d6+114)[136]
    (1d20+51)[59]|(2d6+38)[49]|(8d6+114)[145]
    (1d20+46)[59]|(2d6+38)[42]|(8d6+114)[140]
    -|-|-
    (1d20+64)[75]|(2d6+41)[47]|(8d6+123)[147]
    (1d20+64)[83]|(2d6+41)[47]|(8d6+123)[154]
    (1d20+59)[78]|(2d6+41)[53]|(8d6+123)[149]
    (1d20+54)[72]|(2d6+41)[52]|(8d6+123)[141]
    (1d20+49)[62]|(2d6+41)[47]|(8d6+123)[145]
    -|-|-
    (1d20+64)[79]|(2d6+41)[50]|(8d6+123)[146]
    (1d20+64)[69]|(2d6+41)[46]|(8d6+123)[149]
    (1d20+64)[72]|(2d6+41)[46]|(8d6+123)[153]
    -|-|-
    -|(1d10+25)[34]|-[/table]

Same deal as last time, threaten 17-20, auto-confirm. Crits provoke fort save or die, DC 46. Hits provoke Will saves or be frightened for (1d4)[4] rounds.
    Tired soldier avatar by the excellent TinyMushroom.
    You should probably look for some white text in my posts. I'm sneaky like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Round 1 Action Round So Far:
    -Raz returns both of the figures back where they started
    -Everyone else may take actions in the reaction round.
    -Masanari and Po are free to join the action at any time.

Round 1 Reaction Round Start
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Masanari at this point is in the Flying Tower, unless this is happening much later in the evening.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The battle is ended nearly as quickly as it has started. Moments after recovering the two targets from their retreat, the magic is stripped from the two of them and Voren moves in to end the battle in another display of grace, blade, and blood. As the jester falls, so too do the tempers of the monstrosities. Freed from their pens, they meander aimlessly around you like oversized crimes against nature cows.

TwoHeadedBoy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though it's a bit of a moot point now, I was just communicating that you could at least see the disturbance from the tower if you had wanted to disturb your meeting and see what was up.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Time Skip

Once the jester and his friend are gone, everything quickly falls back into routine for the people of Sigil. If nothing else, the people are certainly resilient. No further disturbances find you over the night, aside from the sounds one might expect in a city that never sleeps. The next morning, all of you are refreshed, recharged, and ready to go (And Masanari's network has begun implementing his orders for the immediate future).

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro rises early in the morning, spending several hours detailing his plans with his captains and making sure all the ships have been refitted and refueled. Dismissing them, he watches as his fleet leaves for the deposit of Slade from the bow of the Zeppelin, a faint smile on his lips.

He moves to the ship's wheel, taking firm hold of it. Even a passerby could plainly see Moqorro in his element, acting as though the ship was an extension of him. He raises one of the communications devices attached nearby, hailing the engine room. "Half ahead, lads! Put yer' backs into it!"

The engines sputter to life, the roar of alchemical engines drowning out the normal bustle of the docks as the Lead Zeppelin roars to life, lifting off towards the Meeting Grounds.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Po Rai So had been training since the break of dawn. Consisting of shadowboxing, various forms of push-ups, numerous stances and maneuvers, and even some meditation; he intended to stay sharp for the meeting grounds. Although he was assured that violence was impossible there, he was only reminded of how the very fabric of reality was torn asunder the day before. Given all that he had seen so far, the word "impossible" seemed merely nothing more than an arrangement of letters.

He diverted his focus for a moment to the captain, who seemed in a particularly tenacious mood. It was rare to see him in such form, but also provided comfort for what was to come. Regardless of what may or may not happen next, it was important that they were all in high spirits when they got there. Hopefully the rest of the crew felt just as ready for their current destination.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Heading out through an astral portal built into the dock itself, you all find yourselves amidst the astral plane. A few small cracks can be seen here and there in the distance but all seems to be well, more or less. A large group of ships all seem to be moving through the astral plane as well, all seeming to move in a single direction.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro hums aloud a sea shanty as his crew sing it themselves, tending to the menial tasks required during a voyage.

What would you do with a drunken sailor?
    Ear-ly in the morning.

Keeping his hands on the wheel, he flies his ship straight and true, a wary eye kept out for any problems. Noticing the fleet moving far in the distance,he motions Victarion over, handing him the wheel.

Stick him in the scupper with a hosepipe on him,
    Ear-ly in the morning.

He rummages through one of his pockets, withdrawing a clockwork spyglass. Putting it to his eye, the machine unfolds in a complicated series of gears, sharpening his vision and focus on the other fleet.

Weigh-heigh and up she rises,
    Ear-ly in the morning.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+46)[54]

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

Masanari has been watching the Admiral as he pilots the craft with some interest. Although he's been on many airships before, he has yet to pilot one.

I'll have to start up a new hobby, he thinks to himself.

He's about to approach the Admiral and ask for lessons when he watches the elderly gentleman produce a spyglass from his pocket and point it towards the wide, nebulous expanse of the astral plane. As the gears whir and click and the scope extends to its full length, his eye follows its angle until he can see the faint image of the Admiral's larger fleet, heading off into the distance.

Approaching the man at last, he asks, "Worried about your future fortunes?" A friendly grin crosses his face.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Realizing (or hoping) that conflict may be in their future, Raz says a few ancient words and razes a magical barrier around himself. Smiling to himself, Raz realizes that he can't actually remember when the last time he took an substantial damage was. He ponders that maybe if he hits someone hard enough it will break whatever is preventing violence in the meeting grounds. Nothing is invincible, except maybe him.

After preparing himself for the day, he sets about the ship.It takes great effort and many a bottle of rum to keep from throwing some of the crew overboard as they unknowingly irritate him with their horrible singing voices. Wandering up to the wheel house, he shouts:
    Oi Moqorro can't you make this floating pile of scrap go faster?! I don't want to get there after that pansy pacifist paladin. He might convince everyone to become sissys like him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz takes 10 to cast epic mage armor on himself raising his AC by 20 up to 127, the touch is still 39 though.
    Last edited by tarrmarr; 2012-11-15 at 11:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Voren wanders about the ship during the journey, trying to stay out of the crew's way but unable to stay trapped in his room for the whole trip. He eventually finds himself in the bow, watching the astral ocean, keeping an eye out for any threats that might lurk in the void.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+44)[61]

As he watches, he begins singing along with the crew as they lead into the next shanty.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
    Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!
    Drink and the devil had done for the rest
    Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Passing through the astral plane, you soon come into sight of what you imagine to be your destination. A large astral pool hangs in midair, easily twice as large as the one your ship has passed through. Even looking right at it, however, you can't quite say what color it is... almost as if the color was beyond your comprehension altogether.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cutting the engines, Moqorro keeps the ship "anchored" in front of the portal, spending a good few minutes studying it over. Pulling out maps and other informational booklets, he double, triple, even quadruple checks them to make sure it is the correct portal. With a slight grin, he moves back to the wheel, speaking in a commanding voice "All hands ta' battlestations! Load out tha' cannons and prepare yerselves! We're the first men in millenia ta' go through here, so we better make a damn good impression!"

With a grin the size of the astral plain itself, Moqorro engages the engines and guides the ship through the portal.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Checking his maps and graphs, Moqorro is led to two convincing facts. First of all, though this astral pool doesn't appear on any maps, it is a notable gap within most maps. Secondly, it seems to be located centrally to portals leading to all other outer planes. While you check, other ships and a few people floating through the astral plane enter the ship right after teleporting out here.

Passing through the portal, the meeting ground looks nothing like the astral plane, a large room perhaps a quarter-mile in diameter. Every surface seems to be carved of ivory, down to the pillars that climb up to unseen heights. A large group has already assembled in the area. Fiendish, celestial, and everything in between, the inhabitants seem strong, canny, and armed to the teeth with such weaponry and dweomers that the room is filled with a soft buzz and clashes of metal on metal just from their attempts to move through the room. Up on a raised platform in the center of the room are several gods. Erythnul, St. Cuthbert, Vecna, and Pelor stand at attention as they survey the contents of the crowd.

18. - Top - End - #138

Voren looks over the crowd already assembled, surprised so many would have come. He then makes his way over to the crowd, where he waits for the gods in the middle of the room to address those gathered.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After a few seconds spent looking around, Pelor finally walks forward to address the masses.

"I hope you will not mind if I skip the pleasantries but there's no point in keeping you all for idle chitchat at the moment. As all of you have undoubtedly seen the cracks in the sky and have likely fought creatures emerging from them, I'm sure that all of you are wondering what is going on.

First, to clear the air, what you have witnessed and fought was not some "test". This is a serious matter deserving even our full attention and we may all see far worse in the future.

As for what you did see... it would seem that the multiverse is changing. More accurately, it is being wrenched, warped and distorted as an earthquake might do to a single region. Unfortunately, we are at a bit of a loss of how this has started or on how to stop it but it seems to be a mostly... natural event. Those cracks you have seen, unfortunately, may well be just the beginning
    ."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yelling to be heard over the crowd and distance, Raz addresses the god
    Then the abominations that fell from the cracks are also "natural"? In Sigil my group slew a Jester who seemed to have control over the beasts and was recruiting for some sort of doomsday cult. Obviously someone or something is behind all this. I say we find them and kill them before this gets any worse.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raz's statement riles the crowd with excitement, some of which seem all too eager to raise their blade at the soonest moment. A few moments later, though, another figure speaks out in a calm and civilized voice, somehow breaking through the commotion without raising his voice, "So what do we have to do with this? What possessed you to invite us here, and what do you expect us to do?"

This question seems to gather everyone's attention, quieting them once more as they look towards the platform of gods.

"First of all," Pelor responds, "the creatures you speak of are, unfortunately, natural. They exist in a space beyond the edge of existence and their world is inimical to us all but their world has existed far longer than our own. As far as someone causing this event... it seems highly unlikely," At this, the god's brow seems to furrow in thought, "if anyone has done this, it would require a being far greater than any god. If you still suspect that someone has caused this mess, however, you are more than welcome to try finding them and reporting them or killing them yourself if you think you are capable. I suppose that this would bring us to the next question. We have brought you here for a couple of reasons.

Until these events finally end, we will be spending all of our time and energy trying to minimize the effects of this disaster on the world. Even so, we expect that there will be more that we simply can't do alone. This was proven within the past day. Despite our efforts, many planets were left to fend for themselves and the inner planes... have been destroyed. If at all possible, we hope to provide some loose sense of organization so we are best able to defend the world from these disasters. Even if you wish to have nothing to do with us, however, it is the least that we can do to keep you informed. As the strongest among your kinds, you are in the best position to act if you should choose to act on your own."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(assuming you guys are just listening for the moment)

A tiny insectoid creature from somewhere else in the area speaks up, achieving a level of projection that belies its diminutive stature, "Pardon me, mighty ones, but the Inner Planes have been destroyed? Surely you do not mean that the planes themselves have been removed from existence? The power that would take is unimaginable."

"Those planes are gone," Pelor confirms, "and you are right that the power that would take is unimaginable. As I've said, however, this does not appear to be some show of power but a series of changes at the basest level of existence. For now, we will focus our efforts on stabilizing the worst to come, en effort that will leave the world, however temporarily, without it's deities."

Pelor takes a deep breath "I am aware that some of you have... mixed views on our existence... but we ask that we put such matters aside until we are no longer at risk. As for what we need of you, we do not presume ourselves to be in a position where we could do anything more than recommend action. First, we acknowledge that there may be dangers far worse than those cracks in the future and, if any are willing, we are ready to keep you informed so that you may help while we are incapable of action. Secondly, if you wish to seek out some way to reduce or reverse this shift, none of us have had any luck but we are at a loss for a more noble cause. Finally, it would seem that the Fae have taken steps to preserve the multiverse, tethering the lives of those fated for greatness with the fabric of existence themselves. If you should meet such a being, do take care to ensure that they are safe."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Letting out a loud grumble Raz mutters:
    I hate it when there isn't a clear enemy to smash, if there is anyone behind this they will suffer.

Raising his voice to be heard over the crowd Raz responds to the sun god

Aye! I will help crush what ever pops up while the god are impaired.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Someone from the crowd once again calls out "One of the cracks led to the Far Realms. It acted as a pathway between cracks. What do you know of this, and do you think it is connected?"[/QUOTE]

Pelor nods to quell the sudden surge of statements, vows, and questions. "It is true that the cracks extended out to the far realm. What we were seeing, or at least so I believe, was the cracking of the multiverses outer boundary. This barrier may become problematic again, though it is far from our only concern. For now, all that we can do while we try to keep things stable is coordinate and spread information." With that, small glass spheres seem to materialize from out of thin air, each one roughly the size of a halfling's head (though smaller and larger creatures receive ones of appropriate size). "With these, we'll be able to communicate with you whenever new knowledge is obtained or when organization becomes necessary. Furthermore, if you learn something of importance, they can be activated once each day to send a message right back to us. Finally, it would seem that we have a couple of the fae-chosen in this realm. In a few short moments, you will know who you are. After that, you are free to keep this information to your self or to announce it."

Po
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you've been chosen, whatever signal you should've received is far too subtle for its own good.

Raz:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you've been chosen, whatever signal you should've received is far too subtle for its own good.

Moqorro
    Spoiler
    Show

Masanari:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vorren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to be glowing a faint shade of blue.

25. - Top - End - #145

Voren takes note of what's happening to him, and decides that if nobody else notices, he won't say anything for now. He'll tell the others later, when there are fewer people around.

He finds that he can't pay much attention to this latest development, however. The news of the Inner Planes being destroyed has distracted him, making him wonder if his sister managed to get to a safe plane before the destruction.

Voren holds his silence, wanting to see if anyone speaks up, making themselves known as fae-chosen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"If there are no further questions," Pelor says, looking over the room as everyone examines the spheres, "I believe that we've said all that needs to be said"