New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

i46, the first intercontinental LAN between Europe and North America, is going on right now. You can view it here on Vanilla TV, or here on Seanbud's (an invite level scout) stream. Vanilla TV is having some technical difficulties, so it might be better to tune into Seanbud and Co. He managed to get some of the top shoutcasters, so that's a plus.

But anyways, you should watch because the community pooled together $20,000 to send the two top American teams to LAN. This is the first time we'll be able to see how the top North American style matches up against the top European style. The Americans have been tearing it up so far (yet to drop a round, I believe), but it's just in the early group stages so that doesn't mean much.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Totally SFW, we swear!

The tf2 spreadsheet stuff: Reading the stuff, the admin is not good at truths. Also makes stuff up. Claimed he had to pay server upkeep and upgrades. NOTICE THE .blogspot ENDING. That **** is free. FREE. You got to blogspot, and ask for a blog and they give you a blog. You pay nothing.
    Some people suggested this: http://backpack.tf/
    It's cool, but has a small community, so prices can be farther off than one would hope. It should give an idea of where the price should be at most. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    y: its primary advantage is that you can cut out the middle man entirely.
    It's fairly overpriced, and has the problems Forbiddenwar mentioned, and the people in their IRC aren't the nicest. But they have the most cool system ever and I want their bots.
    They have a program that talks to the steam servers, pretending to be steam, and functions. That is how it works. If you can tell me that is not mindblowingly cool, you are a silly.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Totally SFW, we swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    It's fairly overpriced.
    Overpriced is an odd choice of words, Since if an item is high in cost when buying it, it is also high in cost when selling it. Perhaps the prices do not seem accurate for some items in relation to others when compared to the spreadsheet or the backpack.

They have a program that talks to the steam servers, pretending to be steam, and functions. That is how it works. If you can tell me that is not mindblowingly cool, you are a silly.
    If you think that is cool, this will blow your mind. Bots that can craft
    Which is very useful is you want to get rid on that spare demo weapon now and not have to wait for another spare demo weapon to drop. Also, unlike the warehouse, it's free. There is no 10% cut, only a cap of 10 weapons you can trade. Also the reverse scraping is nice and free (after the one time cost of 4 scrap), if you suddenly need 2 brass beasts for the heavies that joined in MvM without one.

Edit: Okay, I gave the Backpack explorer a second chance. It is a really nice tool. I especially like the part where is says the value of my backpack ($391) That makes me feel better about those keys I bought.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-08-24 at 07:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    I think he's referring to the giantitp trading page thing-a-ma-jig.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    On the tf2 blog spreadsheet, I don't get the controversy at all. The admin made a profit with a few keys once and only once. The admin also gives away 3 keys a day to random people. For full disclosure I admit I have won one of the key giveaways.
    And this. If after months of snooping, the worst thing they can pin on him is profiting 1 key once on extremely new, uncertain item, they can't pin anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    So quit your bitching, and enjoy the thread. For the love of God, it's the TITLE OF A PLACE WHERE YOU TYPE WORDS. It's not a novel. If you want to have a different title, fine, post the next thread. But this title manages to be subtle and funny, while still keeping in with what is barely a theme to begin with.
    Be glad you don't make threads on... Let's say another part of the GitP

BTW, the proper term is Defenestration. We can call this First_Defenestration of GitP

I use the WH a lot as well. To be more accurate it replaces the middleman with a bot.
    Is it reliable?

I don't want to feed a lot of items into in and see they're gone. Plus, they overprice keys and such :/

The tf2 spreadsheet stuff: Reading the stuff, the admin is not good at truths. Also makes stuff up. Claimed he had to pay server upkeep and upgrades. NOTICE THE .blogspot ENDING. That **** is free. FREE. You got to blogspot, and ask for a blog and they give you a blog. You pay nothing
    He does have a point net developers and their time aren't free, though.

Some people suggested this: http://backpack.tf/
    It's cool, but has a small community, so prices can be farther off than one would hope. It should give an idea of where the price should be at most. No more.
    After seeing BMOC conspiracy earlier this year it's about last site I'd trust, especially seeing admin openly said he ignores community vote when he feels like it.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    BTW, the proper term is Defenestration. We can call this First_Defenestration of GitP
    I am aware of this. I considered it, but I figured "Defenestration of titles" doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Is it[tf2warehouse] reliable?

I don't want to feed a lot of items into in and see they're gone. Plus, they overprice keys and such :/
    It has many security features to insure you get credit for what you trade in, including an active administration who refund credits really quickly (like within an hour) if you file a report with evidence.

Just, for the love of god, check your safety word. Since you are basically giving your items to a stranger and the safety word is the main method to determine whether or not is is one of the true bots, and not just a scammer. There are other methods as well.

Also, see above comment on overpricing. I found that the key price is very accurate, about 2.5 refined for a key. although when it comes to buying vs selling (and you have to do both in order to use the warehouse fully) that 10% cut is what hurts you.

After seeing BMOC conspiracy earlier this year it's about last site I'd trust, especially seeing admin openly said he ignores community vote when he feels like it.
    What BMOC conspiracy? Is there no pricing guide untainted by scandal?
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-08-24 at 07:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure the guy who runs backpack.tf said something pretty much to the opposite.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Back when I was trading regularly, I mostly ignored the spreadsheet prices. If you regularly trade, you tend to meet some of the same people again and again. I've got a few on my friends list, so if I'm looking to pricecheck, I just ask them.

That, and a lot of the high level trading seems to be done within private circles (word of mouth between some of the wealthier traders).

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

If you think that is cool, this will blow your mind. Bots that can craft
    Which is very useful is you want to get rid on that spare demo weapon now and not have to wait for another spare demo weapon to drop. Also, unlike the warehouse, it's free. There is no 10% cut, only a cap of 10 weapons you can trade. Also the reverse scraping is nice and free (after the one time cost of 4 scrap), if you suddenly need 2 brass beasts for the heavies that joined in MvM without one.
    Hm, it sounds like simple scrapbank?

I wonder, can you buy any weapon there?

It has many security features to insure you get credit for what you trade in, including an active administration who refund credits really quickly (like within an hour) if you file a report with evidence.

Just, for the love of god, check your safety word. Since you are basically giving your items to a stranger and the safety word is the main method to determine whether or not is is one of the true bots, and not just a scammer. There are other methods as well.

Also, see above comment on overpricing. I found that the key price is very accurate, about 2.5 refined for a key. although when it comes to buying vs selling (and you have to do both in order to use the warehouse fully) that 10% cut is what hurts you.
    Ah. Nice to hear. Still, last time I checked they demanded 50 weapons (2.77) which 2-4 scrap higher than real human outside of scammers will do.

What BMOC conspiracy? Is there no pricing guide untainted by scandal?
    This. Basically, big effort of rare item holders to artificially drive the price up by fake trades. And Spreadsheet actually reported it, and fought concerted effort to bias the price - something Backpack can't handle by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Pretty sure the guy who runs backpack.tf said something pretty much to the opposite.
    "If I see community vote I think suspect, I ignore it" when someone asked him about situations like above. So, their 'community' vote is an illusion and/or can be driven by one guy with lost of proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Back when I was trading regularly, I mostly ignored the spreadsheet prices. If you regularly trade, you tend to meet some of the same people again and again. I've got a few on my friends list, so if I'm looking to pricecheck, I just ask them.
    There's way too much items on the market now for that, and a single human is going to be much more error-prone or partial, IMHO...

That, and a lot of the high level trading seems to be done within private circles (word of mouth between some of the wealthier traders).
    If you mean unusuals, it's something that doesn't concern 99% of players (or even traders) and can't be found on sheets anyway...
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

There's way too much items on the market now for that, and a single human is going to be much more error-prone or partial, IMHO...

If you mean unusuals, it's something that doesn't concern 99% of players (or even traders) and can't be found on sheets anyway...
    That's why I have several humans to talk to and ask.

Unusuals, Promos, etc. There's a lot of high frequency trading going on with regular hats though. What I used to do is trade Hat A for Hat B and have them toss a scrap in for free. Then I trade Hat B for Hat A, and get another scrap thrown in. Rinse and repeat.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"If I see community vote I think suspect, I ignore it" when someone asked him about situations like above. So, their 'community' vote is an illusion and/or can be driven by one guy with lost of proxies.
    He also submits his own corrections for voting instead of just setting a value like the TF2S guy.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Hm, it sounds like simple scrapbank?

I wonder, can you buy any weapon there?
    If they have it to sell, yes. at 2 weapons per scrap, far better than most traders.

Ah. Nice to hear. Still, last time I checked they (Warehouse) demanded 50 weapons (2.77) which 2-4 scrap higher than real human outside of scammers will do.
    okay, I did the math. Key prices are set at 49.777777778. so, you're right. On the other hand Warehouse is 24/7 and you don't have to haggle. So you pay for convenience.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-08-24 at 08:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: X for the scoutbot, X for the heavybot, and X for the medic

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Ach!
    i could play with you, but i cant now.
    Cool. Know when you would be able to?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #44

Steam Name is maeglin_dubh

Really want to throw Jarate on some robots.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: X for the scoutbot, X for the heavybot, and X for the medic

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Cool. Know when you would be able to?
    Today probably, and after the 27th only on fridays.
    Despite everything, its still me.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Count me in if you're playing!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Appearently we are not, becuase my little brother wants to play his dumb tf2 servers.

I really hate these Surf_ and Achv_ servers.
    Despite everything, its still me.

18. - Top - End - #48

Ach!
    i could play with you, but i cant now.
    Well, add me when you can. Steam name is Unnamed Protagonist.
    Avatar is the same as the one here.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Keeping in mind:

• Nobody volunteered to post the new thread.
    • It was a holdover from the last thread.
    • It had as many votes as the other.
    • It's still the title of the thread (see above).

So quit your bitching, and enjoy the thread. For the love of God, it's the TITLE OF A PLACE WHERE YOU TYPE WORDS. It's not a novel. If you want to have a different title, fine, post the next thread. But this title manages to be subtle and funny, while still keeping in with what is barely a theme to begin with.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

So, tried doing EYE multiplayer, but it seems to be extremely difficult to set it up unless you have a dedicated server, and both of the public servers are set to master difficulty, making those a bit hard as well.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Appearently we are not, becuase my little brother wants to play his dumb tf2 servers.

I really hate these Surf_ and Achv_ servers.
    Ah. That's too bad. I could host a server, but you guys would have to VPN in, unless I figure out a way to convince my school to give me more than just Port 80.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

VPN?

Might work better, in any case.
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #53

Yeah, I could see that working. Well, maybe.

Man, E.Y.E. is such a strange game. I'd nearly forgotten how strange it was. Also pleased to learn I can grind brozoufs in side/special missions. On my first playthrough I unlocked 1 gun, and no implants/powers due to lack of funds.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

So my dad and I have been playing Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. I was trying out the new race in an 8 player game (him, me, and six AI's) when all of a sudden this massive aircraft comes out of no where, and drops a single bomb that destroyed a while third of my base and took my commander down to 2% hp.

Then it came back around for another pass.

That's the first time an AI has beaten me in an RTS since AI War. I am impressed.

Ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

My main beef is the respawn mechanic. Needs to be on a much, much longer timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    So my dad and I have been playing Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. I was trying out the new race in an 8 player game (him, me, and six AI's) when all of a sudden this massive aircraft comes out of no where, and drops a single bomb that destroyed a while third of my base and took my commander down to 2% hp.

Then it came back around for another pass.

That's the first time an AI has beaten me in an RTS since AI War. I am impressed.

Ow.
    Y U always play games I like after I uninstall them?
    Last edited by Tavar; 2012-08-25 at 10:08 PM.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

So... I really enjoy Awesomenauts, but I have no friends to play with as of now. Anybody have Awesomenauts and want to play? I main Lonestar and Voltar and newb around as Gnaw.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    So... I really enjoy Awesomenauts, but I have no friends to play with as of now. Anybody have Awesomenauts and want to play? I main Lonestar and Voltar and newb around as Gnaw.
    Memnarch and I play occasionally. I main Voltar, mainly due to its similarities to a TF2 medic (run away!)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Y U always play games I like after I uninstall them?
    Get a bigger hard drive?

We share a lot of similar taste in games.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-08-26 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Get a bigger hard drive?

I reinstalled Modern Warfare 3 for GamesRadar's 24-hour marathon yesterday. After ten minutes, I realized that it's nigh-unplayable, unbalanced, and full of really mean-spirited people. Even though my favorite map from the series was ported to it for free, I still ignored it.

Uninstalled.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Get a bigger hard drive?

Now if only our schedules synched up enough that playing together was more practical. Supreme Commander is fun, but doing co-opt is even more so.

I should get it installed anyways, since I finally have a dual screen setup to play it 'properly'.
    Satomi by Elagune