New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread 30: Throwing titles out the window!

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I really can't understand why someone would use the Vitasaw in pubs (Or by extension, at all, since it's banned in comp play). Caring that much about your uber percentage seems like taking it more seriously than I would expect in pub play, and notably, the Vitasaw is boring. The effect is passive, it just gives you less health and sometimes more uber when you spawn. Whereas the Amputator and the Ubersaw abilities are things you can actively do (And Ubersawing people is fun). The Solemn Vow I feel is only really useful if you're communicating with people and can tell them who's on low health. Since as a Medic you don't expect to be fighting people directly yourself, knowing their HP isn't so relevant unless you relay the information to the people who are.
    Like I said, I much prefer the ubersaw. People in pubs are careless enough to give you plenty of chances for an easy 25% uber. But if you actually care how you and your team do, as Teln appears to, I think vitasaw is the optimal choice.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I really can't understand why someone would use the Vitasaw in pubs (Or by extension, at all, since it's banned in comp play). Caring that much about your uber percentage seems like taking it more seriously than I would expect in pub play, and notably, the Vitasaw is boring. The effect is passive, it just gives you less health and sometimes more uber when you spawn.
    Vitasaw is worse than useless, IMHO. Less health on a class with low health to start and in exchange a small amount of uber (likely around 10% charge) that the medic can get by healing somebody for a few seconds. No thank-you, I'd rather have the extra 10 hitpoints and just not die. I can't even count how many times that extra 10 saved my life and my uber.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-12-05 at 11:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got gmod last week, and grabbed some addons for it via the workshop, and then got myself wire mod, and then some more steam workshop addons.

Well I got on today, went to play some single player so I can continue to teach myself how to play, and I notice that several of my weapon addons' weapons and my air vehicles (that's what it's called, it comes with two jets and a heli) addon's armed vehicles are all missing from my 'q menu'. I uninstalled and reinstalled the addons, but I still can't find (and therefore spawn) the weapons or vehicles I want to toy with.

On the plus side, when I got rid of RP_ovicity, the lua errors all went away.

Also, I am very intrigued by the idea of a borderlands/fallout-esque scrapheap postapocalypse rp server. And taking on lessons to learn how to use wiremod and build awesome stuff.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Out of curiosity, would someone be up for Expert Mann Up in, say, 8-10 hours...?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

Got my linux beta invite. DLing TF2 Beta now.

Not a big fan of the whole 'Big Picture' thing. I mean, it works just fine, but I never run Steam in full screen mode anyways. In fact, unless I'm checking up on a download or about to play something, I don't open it at all. Plus the controls are kinda counter-intuitive for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Got my linux beta invite. DLing TF2 Beta now.

Not a big fan of the whole 'Big Picture' thing. I mean, it works just fine, but I never run Steam in full screen mode anyways. In fact, unless I'm checking up on a download or about to play something, I don't open it at all. Plus the controls are kinda counter-intuitive for me.
    It's intended for people who want to run Steam on their big-screen TVs for some reason. Hence the name.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    That's because it's not meant for PC use.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

The Big Picture is supposed to let you turn your PC into a console of sorts by letting you play your steam games with a controller on your TV. It even switches games that are multiplatform into the control scheme that the console version uses if you have that controller.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Just hold the "X" or "PS" button for 10 seconds to boot Big Picture mode automatically. Handy trick.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Out of curiosity, would someone be up for Expert Mann Up in, say, 8-10 hours...?
    I'd like to play some MvM? There still two missions left for me. I have vouchers I'd like to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've got a question about Left 4 Dead etiquette--if a teammate gets incapped during the last mission of a campaign, after rescue has arrived, should you go back for him or write him off and save yourself? I was just in a situation where I was the only survivor to escape on two separate occasions, and I'm honestly feeling a little guilty about letting my teammates down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    I've got a question about Left 4 Dead etiquette--if a teammate gets incapped during the last mission of a campaign, after rescue has arrived, should you go back for him or write him off and save yourself? I was just in a situation where I was the only survivor to escape on two separate occasions, and I'm honestly feeling a little guilty about letting my teammates down.
    Is it versus? If yes, then you stay in the rescue thing. Get's more points that way. If no, then it's completely up to you. Questions you may wish to ask include "Do they sound like they want to redo the finale?" and "Do I want to redo the finale?"
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're the only one, it's probably already too late to save them... unless they're close and/or you've already driven off most of the horde already, the risk of being incapacitated yourself before you can get them up (and thus losing the rescue entirely) is usually too great.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Kobold

That's literally the name of the game. I never feel remorse about leaving my teammates for dead.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

15. - Top - End - #1155

SwashbucklerGuy

So considering the sale that will end soon, both me and my brother now have Orcs Must Die 2. Been a real fun game so far, especially when all the customization can come into play. Who else has it and what's your opinion on it?

16. - Top - End - #1156

I've wanted it since release date/demo, picked it up in a Steam sale a while ago and not touched it until last night.

It's marvelous! Lots of customisation (and free respecs), the Warmage isn't quite so much of a ******* and I've just got to the mid-game twist... Interested to see how that progresses.

There are apprently some issues about later levels being balanced for co-op and too hard for single-player, but I haven't encountered that yet.
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

17. - Top - End - #1157

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish View Post
    I've wanted it since release date/demo, picked it up in a Steam sale a while ago and not touched it until last night.

It's marvelous! Lots of customisation (and free respecs), the Warmage isn't quite so much of a ******* and I've just got to the mid-game twist... Interested to see how that progresses.

There are apprently some issues about later levels being balanced for co-op and too hard for single-player, but I haven't encountered that yet.
    The dialogue for the game is pure gold

And yeah, the last 3 levels are basically made for multiplayer. I only play the game with my friends so generally I don't have that issue... Well at least until we attempt Nightmare difficulty.

18. - Top - End - #1158

The last three levels are difficult solo, but not impossible. Only 2 skulls on the last one, but hey I got to save the world and crazy-lady got to do that pouty thing with her face.

Now replay the game as crazy-lady!

(tip: Archers need regen for the Twisting Halls)
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

19. - Top - End - #1159

RedWizardGuy

I am never playing Left 4 Dead 2's Cold Stream campaign ever again. I've gotten the completion achievement, and I am so glad that's the only achievement that requires going through that...hell.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know a lot of us here play TF2 so I was wondering if we could get a team together for the upcoming CEVO season. It's completely free and seems like it could be a fun time if you're interested in competitive Team Fortress. I personally have played a decent amount of lobbies and play mostly medic with some scout. So anyone interested?
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

I am never playing Left 4 Dead 2's Cold Stream campaign ever again. I've gotten the completion achievement, and I am so glad that's the only achievement that requires going through that...hell.
    What was so bad about it? I've played through it a few times even when it was in beta and never found it that bad, just not as good as the regular campaigns.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

22. - Top - End - #1162

How has the Christmas Sale worked in the past? Does it usually start on, before, or after Christmas?

I ask because my plan for my brother's gift is to flood him with indie games and stuff, and I want to know if I'd be better off giving him a gift card on the day of, rather than paying more for less ahead of time.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    How has the Christmas Sale worked in the past? Does it usually start on, before, or after Christmas?

I ask because my plan for my brother's gift is to flood him with indie games and stuff, and I want to know if I'd be better off giving him a gift card on the day of, rather than paying more for less ahead of time.
    If I remember correctly, they usually start a few days before Christmas. I also seem to recall reading a report that some indie developer leaked that this year's sale would start on December 20th.
    EDIT: It was the guys behind, of all things, Secret of the Magic Crystals apparently. *Image is a bit of a screen stretcher*
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm surprised that they apparently haven't gotten in trouble for this.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-12-11 at 06:31 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

24. - Top - End - #1164

RogueGuy

Does anyone here still play LFD2? I'd like to play a match with people I can somewhat trust not to shoot me in the back at the start of a match.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Does anyone here still play LFD2? I'd like to play a match with people I can somewhat trust not to shoot me in the back at the start of a match.
    We've recently been doing inhouses again. We might be able to start it up with a full eight.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, we do.

In other news, anyone wants Metro 2033? It's free.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it any good? Because if so, dibs.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

28. - Top - End - #1168

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    We've recently been doing inhouses again. We might be able to start it up with a full eight.
    Yes, we do.
    Would anybody be up for trying out some Mutations this weekend?

Also, could I please get an invite to the GitP L4D2 group?
    Last edited by Teln; 2012-12-11 at 06:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, we do.

Why is it free?

30. - Top - End - #1170

RogueGuy

If you're offering, I'll take it. Been meaning to play it for a couple months now that I have a computer that can handle it.

Can I also get an inv into the LFD Steam Group?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.