Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    I play Just Cause 2 with BOTH. I keep the controller on my leg and pick it up whenever I hop into a vehicle, and switch back when I leave the vehicle.
    Actually, I find most things you do in Just Cause 2 are easier with the controller...about the only exception is shooting things. Doing hookshots off high buildings, though? Controller all the way.

    I actually wonder where the almost-hatred you hear for console controllers from some PC gamers comes from. They seem to forget that you couldn't actually play the original Doom (or Quake, for that matter) with a mouse unless you used some strange and arcane console commands, and that a joystick was a necessary peripheral for PC gaming for ages--heck, you couldn't play TIE Fighter without one, it didn't give you the option! As I recall, the first "action" game I ever used a mouse for was Quake 2, which was, what, 1997?

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I can't imagine playing Sonic Generations without a controller...
    I can. I had the Sonic 3 PC port that came with Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Volatar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Actually, I find most things you do in Just Cause 2 are easier with the controller...about the only exception is shooting things. Doing hookshots off high buildings, though? Controller all the way.

    I actually wonder where the almost-hatred you hear for console controllers from some PC gamers comes from. They seem to forget that you couldn't actually play the original Doom (or Quake, for that matter) with a mouse unless you used some strange and arcane console commands, and that a joystick was a necessary peripheral for PC gaming for ages--heck, you couldn't play TIE Fighter without one, it didn't give you the option! As I recall, the first "action" game I ever used a mouse for was Quake 2, which was, what, 1997?
    Shooters are considered "better" on a M&K (and ARE better when facing people with controllers). RTS's, 4X's, MMO's, and (standard, ie: on a RTS engine) MOBA's all are pretty much impossible without a mouse and keyboard.

    Plus, people don't like buying an extra accessory to play games. They like the mouse and keyboard they already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    I haven't used my playstation controller since starwars battlefront came out. Ever since then, every game I've played has been with mouse and keyboard.
    ...
    >.>
    <.<
    ...What? Why are you all staring at me like that?

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I can. I had the Sonic 3 PC port that came with Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    Then I don't know if you've ever played Generations, because that is a whole other beast, particularly as Modern Sonic.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Hurricane State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Then I don't know if you've ever played Generations, because that is a whole other beast, particularly as Modern Sonic.
    I have to agree. I have played Sonic 3 and the others and I do have generations.

    I have to use the controller to do well with modern sonic, its just a different style of game that makes the keyboard unintuitive
    Boo!

    Steam ID: Dublock

    Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

    Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    I can't be the only person with a "busted" version of Gotham City Imposters: Free to Play in their Library.
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

  8. - Top - End - #158

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gamerlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I can't be the only person with a "busted" version of Gotham City Imposters: Free to Play in their Library.
    It appears many people have the same thing (Warning: Steam Forums, expect no intellect) in their Library, myself included.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-08-30 at 10:06 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

    Once known as "Gamerkid".

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    I actually hope they have a cross between GFWL and Steam, like Arkham City. Considering that Batman game had both, it's safe to say so does this one. It's nice for me, since I already set up GFWL on this machine, have no issues with using it, and like being able to chat with my Xbox friends (including close friends who don't have phones).
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Shooters are considered "better" on a M&K (and ARE better when facing people with controllers). RTS's, 4X's, MMO's, and (standard, ie: on a RTS engine) MOBA's all are pretty much impossible without a mouse and keyboard.

    Plus, people don't like buying an extra accessory to play games. They like the mouse and keyboard they already have.
    Oh, I know all that...the point I was making is that this is a relatively recent development, and that all-keyboard control or requiring additional peripherals to play games used to be standard in the PC gaming world. Admittedly, that's probably because mice didn't really become standard fitment to PCs until the early 90s!

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Volatar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I can't be the only person with a "busted" version of Gotham City Imposters: Free to Play in their Library.
    I had just assume my sister had installed it or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I actually hope they have a cross between GFWL and Steam, like Arkham City. Considering that Batman game had both, it's safe to say so does this one. It's nice for me, since I already set up GFWL on this machine, have no issues with using it, and like being able to chat with my Xbox friends (including close friends who don't have phones).
    They completely abandoned and stripped GFWL out of the game and replaced it with Steamworks when they made the switch to F2P on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Fax Celestis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    I'm just surprised how it appears to be installed. I don't recall pushing any buttons to do that.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    I'm just surprised how it appears to be installed. I don't recall pushing any buttons to do that.
    It's a bug. Looking around on the Steam forums, you just have to restart Steam and it will be uninstalled and ready to be installed.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I can't be the only person with a "busted" version of Gotham City Imposters: Free to Play in their Library.
    Oh... hahaaa, I was wondering about this actually. I couldn't recall ever installing the game, yet it was in a jump list. I wonder what would happen if I clicked on it...

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I wonder what would happen if I clicked on it...
    From what I saw, it would say that you were converting to a new file format and just download the game in the background.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Well, I downloaded the game (for real), and I was pleased to find it's the same game (as in the exact same game) with better matchmaking, and the option to pay for unlocks instead of getting them when you level up.

    The most obvious attempts at money are the mascots, which cost between $3-5, resemble Batman Heroes/Villains/Anti-Villains, and are noted by the game itself that they make you a more obvious target!

    Oh well, it's absolutely oozing with personality, customization is very fun, and level ups are quick (I played maybe 2 hours, and was already level 20 by the end of it, having unlocked everything I needed to place in the top 3 by level 10). Now I just unlock stuff for the hell of it, and cosmetics.

    Oh, and getting around is a lot of fun, too. You can equip roller-skates, which let you move around quickly (and sprint twice as fast) at the cost of sliding around instead of standing still, a glider that can lift you off by flying over air vents, spring-shoes, a grapple gun, and double-jump shoes (they have beach balls that inflate in mid-air to let you do so, for some reason).

    So yeah, there really isn't a reason not to play it. Unless you don't want to.
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Anyone want a SMITE closed beta key?

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kris Strife's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Anyone want a SMITE closed beta key?
    Me!

    Edit: Thanks!
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2012-09-01 at 09:39 PM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

    Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.


    Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Xapi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Hey guysm I just thought I'd ask here since this thread is usually a lovely place, did anyone happen to get an extra copy of Medieval 2: TW gold while it was on sale?

    And would that person be willing to trade said copy to me for any of the games in my inventory (Cogs, Alien Breed: Impact, Half Life 2 Episode 2 and Magickas DLC -Vietnam and the stars are left-) or for some other game I could pick up for about 5 dollars or less?

    I've recently learned that there's some cool mods for that game that I'd love to try out.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gamerlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    So, the Black Mesa Source website now has a countdown on it that goes up to September 14th.
    I can't get access to their forums because the site's servers have been murdered, but I have heard from second-hand sources it will contain the release of the game up to Lambda Core.
    Also, it releases at 8:47 MST. Nice touch.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-02 at 07:15 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

    Once known as "Gamerkid".

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Hurricane State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    So, the Black Mesa Source website now has a countdown on it.
    I can't get access to their forums because the site's servers have been murdered, but I have heard from second-hand sources it will contain the release of the game up to Lambda Core.
    Also, it releases at 8:47 MST. Nice touch.
    Nice!

    Also I got a TF2 question, the RNG God blessed me with a Mann Co. Orange paint can, and without looking through all sorts of models, what looks good with it? I kinda want to use it since I found it.
    Boo!

    Steam ID: Dublock

    Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

    Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Castel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Also I got a TF2 question, the RNG God blessed me with a Mann Co. Orange paint can, and without looking through all sorts of models, what looks good with it? I kinda want to use it since I found it.
    Ghastly Gibus.

    Always use any paint you find on your Ghastly Gibus.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."


  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Ghastly Gibus.

    Always use any paint you find on your Ghastly Gibus.
    I painted my Lo-Fi Longwave. Months later, I figured it's time to go back to classic KritzKast Logo on white.
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Countdown to all of the DDoS on their site for a few hours.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    So, now that I'm playing TF2 regularly again, I'm trying to gather up the items I'm missing. If anyone has an extra of any of these weapons, hit me up for a trade:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pomson 6000
    Eureka Effect
    Third Degree
    Phlogistonator
    Cozy Camper
    Spycicle
    Holiday Punch
    Beggar's Bazooka
    Scorch Shot
    Cleaner's Carbine
    Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
    Red-Tape Recorder
    Neon Annihilator


    Thanks!
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2012-09-04 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No, you can't advertise your rape how-to guide on my website.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tavar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    So, regarding TF2, is there anything one can do with duplicate equipment? I have 3 escape plans, and at most I only need one. If there isn't anything constructive to do with them, well, does anyone want one? I'll accept pretty much anything, including nothing.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Hurricane State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    You can craft equipment into scrap metal (and then scrap into reclaimed then refine) which can be used for crafting purposes, the blue prints in crafting can show you what you can make, which is a lot.
    Boo!

    Steam ID: Dublock

    Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

    Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dispozition's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Equestria

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    So, now that I'm playing TF2 regularly again, I'm trying to gather up the items I'm missing. If anyone has an extra of any of these weapons, hit me up for a trade:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pomson 6000
    Eureka Effect
    Third Degree
    Phlogistonator
    Cozy Camper
    Spycicle
    Holiday Punch
    Beggar's Bazooka
    Scorch Shot
    Cleaner's Carbine
    Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
    Red-Tape Recorder
    Neon Annihilator


    Thanks!
    I have a spare red tape recorder.

    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triscuitable's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Neurotypicalville, WA

    Default Re: [Steam]-y Thread XXX: Throwing titles out the window!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    So, now that I'm playing TF2 regularly again, I'm trying to gather up the items I'm missing. If anyone has an extra of any of these weapons, hit me up for a trade:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pomson 6000
    Eureka Effect
    Third Degree
    Phlogistonator
    Cozy Camper
    Spycicle
    Holiday Punch
    Beggar's Bazooka
    Scorch Shot
    Cleaner's Carbine
    Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
    Red-Tape Recorder
    Neon Annihilator


    Thanks!
    I've got a Cleaner's Carbine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, regarding TF2, is there anything one can do with duplicate equipment? I have 3 escape plans, and at most I only need one. If there isn't anything constructive to do with them, well, does anyone want one? I'll accept pretty much anything, including nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    You can craft equipment into scrap metal (and then scrap into reclaimed then refine) which can be used for crafting purposes, the blue prints in crafting can show you what you can make, which is a lot.
    We know about crafting, and we also recognize that it's one of the biggest wastes of items in the game. It's much cheaper to sell weapons for other people's scrap. I recommend you just dump dupes into the TF2 Warehouse if they've got open inventory.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-09-03 at 12:25 AM.
    Steam: The Scot's Ire
    Irritable by nature
    I made my avvy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •