Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon! OOC

1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon! OOC

is all good. Keeping the game moving is the best thing. A quick game is a good game.
    'Stralia: Now a campaign setting (D&D 3.5 E6)

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

New page (for me) so:
    Serpentine's go
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Colossus in the Playground

Keenya continues on his supes stealthy way.

In case it's not obvious, next turn I'll be going up against the spider, so here's my roll for that so you can just go ahead with it:

(2d6)[7]

edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dang. If only I had that stupid sword. Well, if you happen to have everyone here to get a full three turns in, if I'm wounded I'll back up and heal myself. If I'm not, I'll try it again. You can roll for me, if it comes to that, if you like?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-11-17 at 10:50 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364

And if you're forced to retreat one space, which way will you be going?

I understand your need to do this, what with your computer woes, but in general I'm against order-queueing.

EDIT:
    Oh (and this is part of the reason I'm against order-queueing) if Mangles defeats the Phase Spiders, do you want to still enter the chamber? And what's the number-threshold for trying again on that new monster (e.g. run away if it's 10 or higher, if 9 or lower attack again).
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-11-17 at 11:09 AM.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

5. - Top - End - #365

Rast follows the sneaky man to the next chamber. Not wanting to risk his neck for the guy, he uses a trick coined by another wizard, Ook or something. He was probably an awakened orangutan. Whatever type of monkey he was, you can't go wrong with a fireball teleport.

[roll]2d6[/roll]

how about I dont kill the spiders, just to make life easy :)
    Last edited by Mangles; 2012-11-17 at 03:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366

I have no idea why that one didn't roll

(2d6)[9]

7. - Top - End - #367

Ah, sorry. I like to do it to keep stuff moving as much as possible. But never mind, I was being derpy anyway.

8. - Top - End - #368

I'll get to this soon. Mangles, reminder:
    You ended your turn in a Level 5 Chamber. Please let me know what spells, if any, you wish to swap or re-stock.

9. - Top - End - #369

I'll take 2 lightning 3 fire and a teleport.

I updated my spells so that I have them now.

10. - Top - End - #370

Rast appears in the chamber, and the giant is caught completely off guard, engulfed in the expanding flames that radiate out from the appearing wizard.

He takes the hoarded treasure, and draws from the magical aura that haunts the smashed lab. He somberly notes the now-charred corpse, laying face-down in strange chemicals and tinctures, and picks up the two extra magic swords - giving him three - none of which he can use.

BOARD UPDATED
    VESTH'S TURN!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-11-17 at 08:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371

"Hey wight, catch this right!" he called as he tossed opened the door, throwing in a fireball, before slamming it shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fireball: (2d6)[4]

12. - Top - End - #372

The wight is pushed back from the door by the sheer force of the fireball, but once the flames clear, the wight is largely unscathed. Nook looks a little unsettled, and takes the opportunity to shut and lock the door once again.

13. - Top - End - #373

Keenya "stealthily" rolls into the chamber, and...

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[7]
    ...that is his undoing. By the time he's on his feet, sword drawn, the phase spider reappears and takes a bite out of his shield. The paladin is clearly stunned by this, and nearly drops it.

Perhaps next time he won't be so lucky
    Stunned - drop one treasure.
    But you have no treasure to drop, so no effect.

Board updated.
    Mangles' turn!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-11-17 at 09:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374

My stuff

15. - Top - End - #375

Waiting on a PM from the DM. While we wait though. Wizard of the Coast are re-releasing Dungeon!

16. - Top - End - #376

With a better rulebook, I hope.

I also note that the Paladin is now a Cleric, and the dwarf, thief and elf are gone.

Mangles, PM enroute.

17. - Top - End - #377

Rast rubs his medallion again. Hopefully this time it would be more accurate with the results. Werewolf and mummy were not the same thing. Sensing a vampire inside, Rast tries to harness the closest thing he knows to sunlight. A big ol fireball.

(2d6)[4]

18. - Top - End - #378

This time, Rast interpreted the magical message correctly. Inside the room was a:
    VAMPIRE

Spoiler
    Show

The medallion was accurate, but Rast's fireball was not. The wrong coffin in the chapel of rest exploded into flames, as the vampire sat up from the one beside it. Rast quickly shut the door, and hoped he had not been seen.

BOARD UPDATED
    VESTH'S GO

19. - Top - End - #379

"Be a good wight and DIE!" Nook shouted as he placed his hands on the floor, letting loose a shock of lightning through the bottom of the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lightning bolt: (2d6)[3]

20. - Top - End - #380

The wight is not good, and does not die. The slamming of fists on the locked door continues.

Board updated!
    Serpentine's go!

21. - Top - End - #381

Keenya bravely escapes the spider and barrels around the corner, smack-bang into the wall there.

Looking for the door.
    (1d6)[1]

edit: Oh hey, did I find it? And does that mean I get to go through it? If so, I'll attack I suppose:
    [roll]2d6[/roll]
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-11-19 at 08:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Oh yeah...
    (2d6)[10]

23. - Top - End - #383

Rushed again: yes, you find the door, yes you kill the monster.

Board Updated, Mangles' Go!

24. - Top - End - #384

Rast goes and checks the Wizard's chamber with his esp medallion for monsters before doubling back and shooting another fireball at the Vampire from outside the room.

(2d6)[11]

25. - Top - End - #385

Vampires, as it is well-known, are vulnerable to garlic, holy symbols, sunlight, stakes through their hearts - and, it seems, gigantic balls of fire. Soon, the vampire who had lived for a hundred years or more was reduced to a pile of ash, and all that remained was a necklace that looked incredibly similar to Rast's ESP medallion - for that was what it was.

PM SENT
    Board Updated
    Vesth's go
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-11-20 at 09:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386

Nook curses under his breath, but without offensive spells, he'll be as likely to kill the wight as a mudcrab is able to take down a tarrasque - close, but not quite impossible (mudcrabs can be badass sometimes).

Nook moves back to the chamber and teleports to a chamber closer to the entrance.

27. - Top - End - #387

Board Updated
    Serpentine's go

28. - Top - End - #388

Keenya rolls his way back through the door and down the corridor.

29. - Top - End - #389

Rast grabs the medalion and heads back to the wizards lab. He stops just outside and throws a fireball into the middle of the room, hopefully flambeing the black pudding inside. Good old esp medallions.

(2d6)[5]

30. - Top - End - #390

Am here, do exist, more to follow