Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon! OOC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon! OOC

Floid moves along the hallway until he comes to a big chamber. His beard senses danger and warns Floid and he takes up a battle stance.

Monster please.

(2d6+1)[7]

Spoiler
    Show

I have begun moving so my posts will start to be a bit more sporadic. hopefully I can still make once a day though.
    'Stralia: Now a campaign setting (D&D 3.5 E6)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

No worries - in fact, I've been somewhat taken aback by how dedicated you've all been with the thread. In the recruitment thread, I asked for one turn a day - that is, for all three of you to have a go, three days. Sometimes, we've had an entire round in a day. I'm really not complaining though - still, no reason to pat ourselves on the back and slack off !

The long and the short of it is, I understand if you're moving. No worries. Not about to crack down on you about it.

Doing your turn crunch and fluff now -- since it's what takes the most time for me, could I have some feedback on the fluff? I notice Vesth, you aren't really digging it, and that's cool, I mean it is a board game. And what about the SRD links and pictures? Keep it up or drop it?
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

3. - Top - End - #93

Floid's beard was right to put him on edge. No, not because of the spikey codpiece, or the other... questionable equipment that hung on the walls of the King's Private Chamber, but because of what slithered out of said codpiece.

The imagery threw Floid off a good deal. From the crotch of the suit of armour emerged a thick, tail-like object, dangling an impressive distance down the thigh plate. It was a vivid green, and swayed gently in the breeze that circulated underground. It opened its eye, and an indiscernible liquid dripped to the floor.

At this point, Floid was about to turn tail and run.

It's not a common thought to think: "Thank goodness it's actually a giant venomous snake", but such were the words running through Floid's mind. Taking advantage of his hesitation, the snake reared up and made to bite the warrior. It was more of a reflex action than a conscious choice, but Floid thrust his Orcslayer deep into the King's armour's crotch. The snake slid out, slain.

Around its tail was metal ring. It didn't bear thinking about just how the ring came to be on the snake's tail - nor what sort of ring it was, given the surroundings. Floid let it stay there, and decided not to let his mind linger on the image too long.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-08 at 12:11 PM.
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

4. - Top - End - #94

Huh? I mean, I love the fluff and everything. The pictures and SRD links show how much effort you're putting into this, and it adds a very cool touch. I like it

The only thing right now is my relatively bad standing in the game itself, and how much behind I am of other players, BUT MARK MY WORDS, I WILL GET MY REVENGE! MUAHAHAHAHA!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm really enjoying it, Lime. Keep up the good work!

Vesth: how behind you are? You have a lot more treasure than I do!

6. - Top - End - #96

No weapons *sob*

Both of you are getting bonuses to your attack rolls. Nonsense, I say! Nonsense!

7. - Top - End - #97

Sorry, Vesth, didn't mean to sound harsh. I am mistaken.

Also, wizards can't use magic swords.

Vesth's go - and Serps is here too!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-08 at 09:17 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

"Damn ghouls. I remember that one time a ghoul army went toe to toe with a bunch of giants....and infected them. Had a huge, literally huge ghast problem on our hands...you're nothing to them, NOTHING! Although it IS easier to burn those ghasts...almost impossible to miss them, really..." Nook says, as he fires a lightning bolt in hope that it would be more effective.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6]

9. - Top - End - #99

Um... you killed them.
    They were destroyed, but only just.
    If a monster is destroyed, it gets put in the DM area red box. That red box is so you can see any cards that were drawn and used but can't be left on the board. The fireball number for ghouls is 3, which you rolled. Since it was the bare minimum, I described you succeeding but only just.

If a monster is not destroyed, I leave it face up in the room where it was drawn (like the phase spiders)

You can use that roll for this turn, or re-roll if you prefer.
    You have to enter the room to pick up the dropped treasure. It counts as an empty space in terms of movement cost.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-08 at 10:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Oh! Err, err....sorry, I keep having this idea that my 3 was a miss. It is a very low number :/

Anyway, I switch my target to the other purple room I'm standing outside now, everthing else is the same. Movement wise, one down, one up, two left, one space to light up the room with a lightning bolt, and Nook is hallucinating that he's still attacking the ghouls there, so damage control done!

11. - Top - End - #101

(Since I seem to be great at missing things, could you put *COLLECT TREASURE* in nice big bold letters when describing your movement, please? I tend to do this either late at night when I'm bleary-eyed and addle-brained , or in the morning before leaving the house when I'm rushed and not properly awake yet.
    Case in point - I gave Floid treasure for a chamber. Chambers have no treasure (Sorry, Mangles, old chap, I'm going to have to take that silver ring back.)
    -----------------
    [[Funnily enough you rolled the exact same "Ghouls" entry as you did before! But that card was obviously not in the deck any more so you rerolled...]]

ORCS!

Spoiler
    Show
    It could, of course, have been some sort of trap. Some kind of poison gas that made subtle figments dance before its victim's eyes. Maybe his previous experiences with ghasts, and his brain warped by bending reality itself accounted for Nook's hallucination. Or perhaps it was that Nook was just a crazy old man.

Shuffling forward on pointed slippers, Nook thought he chased his foes down the corridor, where they dived into another cell. With a deft wave of his old, sinewed hand, the door flew open, eliciting a guttural groan from inside.

Inside, an orc had taken a stiff crack to his nose, which was pouring blood. His accomplice turned to see what the matter was, but caught a lightning bolt square in the chest, and fell to the floor, motionless.

The other orc lowered his hands from his nose to see what the sound - and the strange smell of ozone - could be. As he exposed his face, he presented Nook with a perfect target. Job done.

The room was a chapel of sorts, but it was sparsely decorated, and cheaply. The only thing of any value seemed to be the silver cup for the ceremonial wine, left upon the hardy stone altar. It might fetch a good price at market, after all, but time was short and Nook'd have to go to the far end of the room to collect the cup. He weighed up the choice.

Serp's Go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-08 at 12:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Madelyne continues her squealing down the corridor, ducking into an alcove and smacking face-first into the door there - being far from a petite girl, she actually smashes through it.

Monster please!

(2d6+2)[8]

edit: In case you don't notice in your bleary-eyed state, I accidentally put +2 instead of +1. So that should be a 7, not an 8.
    Bummer...
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-08 at 04:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

I also am really enjoying the fluff. It does add to the game a lot when playing online. Otherwise it would be like playing a board game in person with no one speaking....awkward.

14. - Top - End - #104

As she breaks through the door, the dust is almost choking. Worse still, the dust refuses to settle. On a medical table in the middle of the tiny cramped room, a pile of bandages sits up. Madelyne knows she's going to have to face a...

MUMMY

Spoiler
    Show
    Madelyne is still panicked from the spiders, and the sight of an undead mummy doesn't do anything to calm her nerves. Uncharacteristically frozen in fear, Madelyne does not move as the mummy flounders forwards, trying to beat back the one to disturb his eternal sleep.

Madelyne is caught, quite by misfortune, in the throat. Though immune to Mummy Rot, a deep gouge now lies just above her collar bone, and it looks like it might soon begin to take its toll... In the fray, the Goblinblade is torn from her waist, but the Dragonbane remains true in Madelyne's hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[4]
    YOU ARE WOUNDED - the first one of the game
    Ignore the fluff about bleeding out. There is no time limit, but the next wound you get kills you.

Remember as a paladin you can skip a turn to heal. As part of the wound you rolled, you have to drop one treasure and retreat one space.

Mangles' go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-09 at 09:15 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

The gong shows Floid a secret door, and unwilling to ignore its omen of future treasure, Floid follows. Opening the door and entering another room he readies himself for whatever beast may follow

Monster Please
    (2d6+1)[8]

16. - Top - End - #106

Roll me 1d6

17. - Top - End - #107

(d6)[1]

EDIT: Is the 1d6 for the secret door, because I thought my secret door card let me bypass those.
    Last edited by Mangles; 2012-09-10 at 11:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

No beast befell him, but on him fell a cage!

Floid was trapped, but he'd noticed that though the rattle of chains had been almost deafening, there was no accompanying ratchet noise. With thighs like tree trunks, Floid should be able to simply lift the trap with brute strength - even though it might take a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    The 1d6 was to see how many turns you would lose. Yes, you get treasure at the end of it.

edit: Google Docs has apparently decided that "working" is not on its to-do list today. You miss one turn due to the cage.

Vesth's go!
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-11 at 12:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

"A silver cup? Hmmm.....might fit well on my mantlepiece if I can get it to start talking..." Nook muttered as he simply strolled in and took the cup. He wasn't worried. If his footsteps set off a trap, he still had a teleport spell on his lips to get him out safely.

As he walked to the next room on his agenda, he kicked open the door and launched fiery hell, tossing his last bit of fire magic into the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    *Collect Treasure!*
    Left 1, Right 2. Up 1, land on community chest and burn the hell out of it.

(2d6)[4]
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-11 at 04:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

...Google Docs is still not working. What colour/level room did you go in?

21. - Top - End - #111

Strange...it works fine for me...

Here!
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was an image here...and now it isn't! It's a little sad for you, but rules are rules, and you have no right seeing this image anyway. Unless, of course, you plan to join the game, in which you need to ask our dear narrator sweetly and nicely...for future versions of the game if we get to it.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-11 at 08:14 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Thanks. Purple room. Could you remove the image, please? I know yada yada yada copyright, but I'd be a lot happier if you could.

23. - Top - End - #113

Image removed, and replaced with text!

24. - Top - End - #114

Nook's eyes darted around - after all, his gaze was being met by a GIANT SPIDER and each of his pupils flicked around its foe's four counterparts. The spider was probably old, as Nook could see its web was weakened with dust, and was hardly sticky any more.

The arachnid did not begin to move until it saw the bright light forming in Nook's palms - by which point, its fate had already been sealed. Nook sent forth his fireball.

Though stronger than his last effort, once again the spell was disappointingly feeble, and it wasn't by much that the giant spider was killed; all the spindly hairs on its body reduced to smoke or cinders.

Nook saw that this room was much the same as the last he'd visited, which made sense since they were so close together. Catching sight of the holy symbols in the walls, his suspicions were confirmed - this was for the sect of faith that had men and women worship separately. So that the Royal couple could walk to prayers together, the two rooms were kept close. It was no surprise, then, to see an identical silver cup on a similar stone altar.
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-11 at 08:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Yay I rebooted my internet for the third time today and it decided all of a sudden to work! Updated the board. Thanks for taking the image down!

Serpentine's go!

26. - Top - End - #116

Madelyne gasps and steps back. She concentrates on the grace of her god, Flying Spaghetti Monster, and lets Its power soothe her wound, refreshing her ready to try again.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-11 at 04:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Floid decides that now would be a good time to braid his beard.

28. - Top - End - #118

Vesth's go!

AFK so will update board in a bit

29. - Top - End - #119

Whistling at getting the pair, he starts to make the journey back...he has to replenish his spells, after all.

*Collect Treasure!*

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm teleporting from the prisoner's chamber, back to the main gallery to recharge.....I'm getting back 2 teleports, 2 fireballs and 2 lightning bolts.
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-09-11 at 11:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

It's (newly-unwounded) Serp's go!

Oh, and Mangles, thanks for putting the stuff in the red box.

Question to all: in future, if you draw a cage would you like me to roll 1d6 for you, just as I do with monster counter-attacks?
    Last edited by --Lime--; 2012-09-12 at 08:16 AM.